BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 BattleStreak
Member since 2016 • 1763 Posts

I am so fed up. I'm really angry actually. Why does everyone feel the absolute need to absolutely hate anything that Ubisoft and EA in particular touches? I can see why people don't like UPlay, or a few business practices, but this much hate? I've seen this more and more lately, and not just on this site of course. I have no problem with people having opinions, but I see people already hating future EA and Ubisoft games, before they even release. I see people hating games they never have even played. I see people hating games, for no reason other than they don't like Ubisoft or EA. I'm not an apologist or defendant of these two companies, but I find it ridiculous.

I've seen people really tear into other people just because they like an Ubisoft of EA game. I've been called a retard, idiot, a problem, etc., for liking a game like Watch Dogs or Star Wars Battlefront. It's pathetic.

I know I'm not necessarily doing anything to help this matter, and I know this post is probably pointless, but these kinds of things tear apart the gaming community. I don't have a problem with people not liking a particular company or game, and I have absolutely no problem with people voicing their concerns or opinions. But when it becomes a constant barrage of hate, often times for no reason, we have a problem.

I really don't even know what I'm doing posting this. I guess I just need to voice this, because this isn't good for any of us, in my opinion. If you don't like a game, don't buy it. There is no reason to hate other people who buy the game.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

It's cool to hate popular things.....Right? Hipsters gonna be hip and all that... Ignorant idiots will be idiots as well. If it weren't for EA or Ubisoft many great games wouldn't have seen the light of day. Of course they have had their destructive moments too, but oh well. What's done is done. Nothing you can really do about the idiotic hate, though.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

Yeah it gets to be a bit much sometimes. You can also put Activision in there with Call of Duty and a little bit of Bethesda with Fallout 3, 4, and Skyrim although it's not as bad with them. I just try to leave them alone with their hateful lives and enjoy the games that I play because ultimately I'm having a lot of fun playing a lot of great games and all they do with their time is piss and moan. I know which way I prefer to spend my time.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69492 Posts

On the internet the bandwagon is large and accepts everyone. What makes it worse is the need to 1up the previous statement or comment.

So if some says EA is lame,

• the person after would say it sucks,
  • the the person after would say its the worse publisher ever
  • the the person after would say they always make the crappiest games
  • the the person after would say Electronic Ass.

You get the point. :)

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

Yeah just look at the dislike bar for watch dogs 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#6 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

EA screws with the people who make games, they included price gouging practices like season passes packaged with half finished games, every series they buy loses it's soul, and they act like none of these complaints exist.

Ubisoft makes games that are copy and paste nightmares year after year, they also include absurd season passes and expensive and stupid dlc, implement their own stupid drm that does nothing, and their games are all half finished, unoptimized messes, and take months to patch at all anyway.

Thats deserving of a lot of hate.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#7  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

EA have a long history of attracting grievances from gamers, especially the PC gaming community. EA bought then shut down the likes of Origin Systems and Westwood Studios, effectively killing off venerable PC-centric franchises like Ultima, Command & Conquer and Wing Commander. There was also the whole SimCity debacle, which probably killed off that franchise as well. There is also a widespread perception that BioWare's output of games have deteriorated in quality since EA bought them. Lastly, after disputes with Valve over control of DLC distribution saw EA games disappear from Steam, many PC gamers are still not happy with having to get the Origin client just to acquire EA games and DLCs, for various reasons.

Meanwhile, Ubisoft were largely seen as an okay company - up until the release of Assassin's Creed II in 2009. That was the game that saw the debut of Ubisoft's always-online DRM, which Ubisoft stubbornly stuck with for subsequent games despite overwhelmingly negative feedback. By the time Ubisoft dropped the DRM in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood in 2011, the damage was done. Ubisoft are still repairing their reputation amongst the PC gaming community to this day.

Not saying the current hate is justified, just saying that these two companies have history, especially with the PC gaming community, that inspired this animosity. Like the North, it seems, PC gamers never forget.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BattleStreak

@hillelslovak: To be fair, I see what you're saying, but I still don't think they deserve all the hate. If you don't like their games, then don't buy them. Simple as that.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#9 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

Not all of that hate is unwarranted, in fact most of the spiteful dismissive attitude geared toward them is often justified, even if reasons and intentions of those detractors vary greatly.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@battlestreak said:

@hillelslovak: To be fair, I see what you're saying, but I still don't think they deserve all the hate. If you don't like their games, then don't buy them. Simple as that.

Hate's a strong word. I guess I'm not "angry white kid" enough to feel hatred to any company that makes entertainment software as their business because frankly no game company is important enough to hate (I love video games, but they are just freakin' games). I'm not a fan of EA because of their pricing tactics. I'm not opposed to the idea of season passes but the way EA does it is pretty crummy. Ubisoft isn't a bad company but it's been a long time since they put out something that was impressive or wasn't a cookie cutter copy of their previous games.

-Byshop

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

EA screws with the people who make games, they included price gouging practices like season passes packaged with half finished games, every series they buy loses it's soul, and they act like none of these complaints exist.

Ubisoft makes games that are copy and paste nightmares year after year, they also include absurd season passes and expensive and stupid dlc, implement their own stupid drm that does nothing, and their games are all half finished, unoptimized messes, and take months to patch at all anyway.

I personally don't really see the point. I mean, you can hate on them as much as you want, but as long as enough people like the games to make them successful, nothing's gonna change. Might as well just avoid the stuff you hate and focus on the stuff you like.

Of course, that really only applies to the stuff that you hate so much that there was never really a chance you were gonna buy it anyway. That falls into the category of "radical feminist complains about a show that she doesn't even watch." It's a bit more frustrating when it's a game that you WANT to like, but there's just enough bullshit going on that you can't quite justify buying it. "Hating something despite WANTING to like it" is different than "happily hating everything about it." That being said, if one finds themselves hating a game that they WANT to like, the answer is to withdraw support for it. Yes, by all means complain (otherwise, the publishers can't really know why people stopped buying it and then don't know what to fix), but the answer is to stop buying it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#12 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@MrGeezer said:
@hillelslovak said:

I personally don't really see the point. I mean, you can hate on them as much as you want, but as long as enough people like the games to make them successful, nothing's gonna change. Might as well just avoid the stuff you hate and focus on the stuff you like.

Of course, that really only applies to the stuff that you hate so much that there was never really a chance you were gonna buy it anyway. That falls into the category of "radical feminist complains about a show that she doesn't even watch." It's a bit more frustrating when it's a game that you WANT to like, but there's just enough bullshit going on that you can't quite justify buying it. "Hating something despite WANTING to like it" is different than "happily hating everything about it." That being said, if one finds themselves hating a game that they WANT to like, the answer is to withdraw support for it. Yes, by all means complain (otherwise, the publishers can't really know why people stopped buying it and then don't know what to fix), but the answer is to stop buying it.

My hate for EA and Ubisoft is the wanting to love it, but still hating it type. Both companies have turned ips that I absolutely love into pure "meh" for me. They run them into the ground with either uninteresting cookie cutter stories with the same core gameplay, or they monetize everything behind paid dlcs and season passes.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7271 Posts

Don't forget how when NFL 2K5 came out and people said it was better than Madden, EA bought exclusive rights to make NFL games. I don't generally play sports games, but that was a dick move.

Also, I'm not going to say they invented the annual franchise, but they played a big role in making it an industry standard.

Might also want to look up the EA wives, though a lot of that is industry wide I suppose.

Then there's Pandemic...

You are right to say people get out of hand here on the internets, but EA has brought much of this hate on themselves. Still, every once in a while they give us a Mirror's Edge, Brutal Legend, or SSX (What? I liked the reboot) and I have to give them a bit of credit.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d773fff2ce4
deactivated-57d773fff2ce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#14 deactivated-57d773fff2ce4
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts

I have bad blood with EA. You do not take down online servers with a game that has 500,000 players. Whether they lost the license or not they should pay and reward players for their patronage.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Some of the hate is warranted but I think some constructive criticism would help too. By pointing out the flaws and offering possible solutions you don't come across as a whiny hater.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Critisism is needlessly hate, quite the contrary in many cases.

Ubisoft has had a poor track record recent when it comes to bugs and instability regarding their games. Such as what was present in Assasins Creed Unity, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six Siege and The Division.

EA has done some things that does leave a sour taste for most gamers throughout the century, and Bethesda also has some of the same problems as Ubisoft though not to the same degree and their problems is mostly focused on the console versions. Take Skyrim on the Playstation and that whole mess.

Shame you've met people that insult you based on what game you play, but such is life and best to just shrug it off. Afterall others shouldn't dictate what you enjoy or not, that's up to you to choose.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Hate is a very strong word, If people talk about games I will admit that especially Ubisoft games tends to be games I dismiss, I simply have no wish to try another one off of that formula. It does not mean that I hate the game, and certainly not people that enjoy them, only issue is if people keep trying to apply preussere to play the thing that gets on my nerves, or talk a bout them for hours on end. (Yeah I have had the sad honor of sitting next to someone who did nothing except talk about World of Warcraft for 2 hours straight, and while I have never played WoW, I certainly can say that I never want to either.

It is just fine to dislike a game, a dev or a publisher on the actions and products they make. but I do think it is important to focus on the issues, and the product IF it is something people debate, and not the people. I would never state that some one playing Assassins Creed (insert number) has horrible taste, and should be ashamed, but if you ask me about assassins creed, I WILL claim that I find it a bad game series with a lot of wasted potential. I will likely explain why, but I will not hold it against others that they DO like the series, and formula. Truth is that A LOT of people like them, by the sales, so it is simply a series that does not appeal to me.

But we have a few things going on here I imagine, first off the entire generation we are part of is likely the main issue, so many people who have grown up being treated and told they are the center of the universe means that to them, their opinion is near the word of god, and anyone not sharing it is spouting heresy (exaggeration, but I trust I got the point across). If you think this is limited to only gaming you are very wrong sadly.

Second, we do need to look at the age of the people doing this, Most younger people try to belong to a certain group or mindset, so we often see x movie is the best ever, x game is toe worst ever, x band is the best thing ever, and so on. It is only odd if it an adult starts having that kind of thought patterns.

Bottom line, it is fine to critique anything, and it is also fine stating an opinion, But disregarding someone just because they like said game, is a bit of an oddball action. And outright hating on someone is bordering on a mental flaw, we are sadly in a time period where everyone talks to each other and rarely with each other.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#19 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

Gotta' keep the big publishers honest. Otherwise you'll be playing things like Destiny for the rest of your life and paying for updates on games that you already bought.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

no one is going to like everything the same way, so who cares, if you enjoy a game, good for you, if you don't, good for you, too... :)

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@Iridion-II: If they lost the license they might not have any choice legally. You should be upset at the license holder instead.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

I don't buy enough Ubisoft or EA games to "hate" them, but even then; I'd argue the fact that having a critical opinion on a game, and flat-out raging about a game are two very different things.

If someone states for example- "I wasn't a fan of Dead Space" and tells exactly why in a reasonable manner. Is that hate? No.

At anycase I believe Capcom gets the worst these days with the whole "Crapcom" punchline. It's like Strider HD, Monster Hunter 4G, and Resident Evil: Revelations 2 are not a 'thing'.

Overall I think the moral of this whole debate is you're always gonna get haters, just don't be so quick to think everyone is one. Some gamers might actually be making fair points.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@battlestreak: It's because this site fosters the hate mentality. Xbox fans have been dealing with this for several years now. Everything is written to incite an argument at the expense of real gaming fans.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58318 Posts

Yeah I must admit the I am getting really tired of the hate that EA and, in particular, Ubisoft is getting.

Whether you subjectively found them enjoyable or not, the majority of the recent Assassin's Creed titles have been rock-solid titles that further the story, are fun to play, and generally come out with few bugs and hiccups. If the worst in the series is Assassin's Creed 3, and the most unnecessary is AC: Rogue, I'd argue that is a pretty good track record (not counting the 2.5D platformers or DLC content). My only complaint is that the series needs to end; I feel they've are and have been milking the franchise, and they really need to close the loops. I really want to know what happens in the current day, and/or the future. Would love a present-day or near-future installment as well, though that would essentially make the Animus unnecessary (something the franchise is built around).

What they did with Splinter Cell is a bit of a shame, but games change and evolve and we got some good titles out the series (don't even talk to me about Double Agent or Blacklist, though...) . Anno is still a good series, and even if Anno 2205 was weak and short-lived, it was still a very enjoyable game with excellent production values. Ghost Recon, and the bulk of the Tom Clancy line, continues to be a fun franchise, and the next installment looks great.

Far Cry is a decent series; while not exactly groundbreaking, its a fun open-world romp for the most part, and excluding Primal the series has been pretty good (Far Cry 2 had some problems, but overall it was a fun game, pretty innovative too).

There are other games in their history that I have fond memories of as well: Beyond Good and Evil, Silent Hunter, Prince of Persia, Driver, and so forth.

I'll end on this: we might not always enjoy or approve of the direction Ubisoft heads in, but I truly think that of all the "big gaming companies" out there, they're are the most gaming- and quality-focused one. And they take risks; sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Why they took a game like Splinter Cell, with its rich singleplayer experience, and tried to essentially force multiplayer coop on us with Blacklist is beyond me, but at least they're trying something new.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#25 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

The anti-Ubisoft and EA circlejerk has gotten way repetitive. Yeah, I'm not a fan of some of the things each company has done from the business side of things, but most companies at this point do or have done similar things and they don't get called out for it nearly as much. Season passes are a regular thing, like it or not. I don't think they're necessarily bad because I don't think all DLC is bad.

So what I find amusing is that the people who are complaining are either not even playing these games and saying they're shit, or they continue to buy or play these games that they should know at this point they won't like.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BattleStreak

I forgot to add some point in my first post, so.

I don't hold anything against people who reasonably criticize a company or game that deserves it. I of course don't hold anything against someone for not liking a game. But, these days from what I've seen, no one is doing that. No one is reasonably stating criticism. All I see are people "hating" "x" company or "x" game.

Also, I don't like Ubisoft or EA at all. Maybe I missed that in my first post. I don't like those two companies whatsoever, but, I like, and sometime love, their games. They can do nothing to stop me from enjoying their games.

Again, and maybe I missed this in my first post as well. But I'm not posting this as a "sob story" for myself, or to share only my personal experiences. I'm just bringing up something the gaming community has been seeing for quite some time now, and a lot of the time, it's anything but beneficial.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I hate Ubisoft because of Uplay and the at least 1 Assasins Creed game per year they release. Greedy company. Should release one every few years and really make it great.

I hate EA because they bought and destroyed my favorite gaming companies of all time. Origin had Wing Commander. Then EA destroyed it after Chris Roberts got sick of them asking him to release a new one in just a years time. Also they bought and killed Maxis.

As you can see, I am justified for my hate. If U like these companies that's cool but don't whine about others who have reasons to hate these guys.

Edit:

I hate on them because I want to love these games. I wanted to love Wing Commander Prophecy but it was an insult to the franchise. I wanted reeeeally badly to love the new Battlefront but it was insanely disappointing and way overpriced for essentially TF2 for star wars fans cept instead of free it costs $110 to get all the content. I do still have high hopes for the new Mass Effect game though. Only because Bioware is taking their time so hopefully that means it will be nice and polished. EA was my favorite company back in the 90s. But after year after year of watching them ruin my favorite games it's hard to be angry at em.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RSM-HQ

@battlestreak said:

I forgot to add some point in my first post, so.

I don't hold anything against people who reasonably criticize a company or game that deserves it. I of course don't hold anything against someone for not liking a game. But, these days from what I've seen, no one is doing that. No one is reasonably stating criticism. All I see are people "hating" "x" company or "x" game.

Also, I don't like Ubisoft or EA at all. Maybe I missed that in my first post. I don't like those two companies whatsoever, but, I like, and sometime love, their games. They can do nothing to stop me from enjoying their games.

Again, and maybe I missed this in my first post as well. But I'm not posting this as a "sob story" for myself, or to share only my personal experiences. I'm just bringing up something the gaming community has been seeing for quite some time now, and a lot of the time, it's anything but beneficial.

Don't know, I'm pretty sure we've been reading some reasonable comments in the GD forum section, especially in recent memory. Even if I/we don't agree with a few here, or have debates, that's not really hate.

I, along with a few others in the community have posted a few 'love and respect' gaming threads. Certainly this won't have a huge impact overall. But let's not throw everyone in the same boat.

Some of us are actually sick of the negativity, and try and stay-on-point. Sure, we disagree with each other every now and then, but I have a huge amount of respect for the gamers that don't try and be jerks, and just want to talk games and share a reasonable/ fair opinion.

Agree, nothing's worse than someone who comes in, and tries to rain on everyone's parade. However, as long as they're not being insulting, and actually hold fair criticisms, I'm up for debating the subject.

Gagomkd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#29  Edited By Gagomkd
Member since 2009 • 287 Posts

Hey it is nice to get it off your chest and you are quite right, people bitch about everything. As to why - I don't know, I don't care. I have become very apathetic from reading stupid comments just to find those valid critiques.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I don't mind the hate for companies and games, but what I don't understand is the hate for the people who play and buy them. The elitism. It doesn't make sense on any level.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Agreed, it's becoming pretty annoying. The amount of shitposting you were forced to wade through after the WD2 reveal, it was silly. People making "brilliant" downgrade jokes and hating on everything from clothing, to stickers on the laptop. It's becoming so lazy at this point. Just following the mob, get a few likes and feel better about yourself I guess. Kind of sucks for the people who have worked for years on this stuff who are not "evil executives".

In short I agree 100% TC, feel the same way.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BattleStreak

@vaidream45 said:

I hate Ubisoft because of Uplay and the at least 1 Assasins Creed game per year they release. Greedy company. Should release one every few years and really make it great.

I wanted reeeeally badly to love the new Battlefront but it was insanely disappointing and way overpriced for essentially TF2 for star wars fans cept instead of free it costs $110 to get all the content

I'm not trying to single you out in any way, but they aren't releasing an Assassins Creed game this year. So, be happy, I guess. I don't care much for the Assassins Creed series anyway.

Also, if you don't want to buy the season pass, then don't buy it. Don't act like you're missing out on the whole game, because you're not. So what if you can't play with five extra weapons and a few extra maps?

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BattleStreak

@RSM-HQ: Of course not. I'm not saying having a reasonable debate, or putting out reasonable criticism is hate. All I'm saying is the people who hate other people who like the companies' games, and the people who hate games before they even release, or for no reason.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

@battlestreak: it's the principle of the matter. If i pay $60 for a new star wars game remake of a game with tons of content then I expect to get that content for that price. Paying $60 for most of a game is not cool with me. I like expansion packs though because that's bonus story and is well worth it(like the Witcher 3 did). But when they gsve us so little with battlefront THEN want us to pay $50 more for some extra weapons and maps is not cool.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BattleStreak

@vaidream45: Then don't pay $60 for it, like I did. If you don't deem a game worthy of your $60, then pay less for it, like most people do.

SuperClocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SuperClocks
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts

I hate that some new games are essentially $100, now (game + season pass for day 1 DLC and/or the rest of a game). Also, it does bother me greatly when DRM requires a constant online connection. Still though, I personally like EA and Ubisoft.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BattleStreak

@SuperClocks: I can understand the discontentment when single player games require an online connection to play, but I still think it's a minor thing, unless you really struggle to have steady internet.

As for a "$100" game? That's pure BS. Season passes offer little to justify an extra $40 or whatever, so just don't buy them. Why does everyone keep saying that games like Battlefront are $100+? The game is $60. You don't need to pay anymore than that, and I would highly recommend getting games for cheaper than $60. I don't get why people can't just ignore the season passes and DLC if they choose?

I respect that you are able to criticize or express your opinions in a civil way though, just like most people in this thread :)

djura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By djura
Member since 2016 • 542 Posts

I'm not sure if the issue you describe is particular to this community or not, but my observation is that there's generally a lot of salt in the gaming community at large.

I mean, I don't quite understand all the anti-CoD references for example. And I don't really understand the overarching hatred for particular publishers. Sure, you can disagree with some business practices or whatever - but what about the actual teams that make the games? I feel as though these people, who work really hard to create amazing experiences for us, tend to get thrown under the bus in those kinds of conversations.

@SuperClocks: I must admit, I'm a bit confused about this statement:

"I hate that some new games are essentially $100"

Apart from the fact of inflation itself affecting prices, I'd just say that I think there is a broad problem of people under-valuing video games. And I must admit, I blame a lot of this on the iPhone App Store, which propelled the idea of highly consumable content at very low prices.

There's a whole value judgement thing about "how much I should pay for a game", but in general, I think game prices are pretty fair. In fact, I sometimes wonder how studios even make money, given that they spend countless millions of dollars making a game and then they only charge $60-$100 for it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#39 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I don't like this new hate culture either but TBH most over hyped stuff from 3 giants is pretty mediocre and copy pasted these days.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

I don't care too much for EA since they appeal to multiplayer gamers more than Ubisoft and I only play single player but as a gamer who's been playing Ubisoft games their retail releases have been disappointment after disappointment. Just look at games in the past like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Watchdogs these are just a few which comes to the top of mymy mind where their final release is nothing like what they showed at E3. It is more than reasonable for people to be sceptical about watch Dogs 2. As for EA, can you really blame people for hating them eternally especially when they are a cause to the butchering of a trilogy which could have been remembered as one of the greatest RPGs ever made? Couple that with their bullshit microtransactions shitty single player campaigns, there's no wonder they get so much hate.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#41 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@battlestreak said:

I am so fed up. I'm really angry actually. Why does everyone feel the absolute need to absolutely hate anything that Ubisoft and EA in particular touches? I can see why people don't like UPlay, or a few business practices, but this much hate? I've seen this more and more lately, and not just on this site of course. I have no problem with people having opinions, but I see people already hating future EA and Ubisoft games, before they even release. I see people hating games they never have even played. I see people hating games, for no reason other than they don't like Ubisoft or EA. I'm not an apologist or defendant of these two companies, but I find it ridiculous.

I've seen people really tear into other people just because they like an Ubisoft of EA game. I've been called a retard, idiot, a problem, etc., for liking a game like Watch Dogs or Star Wars Battlefront. It's pathetic.

I know I'm not necessarily doing anything to help this matter, and I know this post is probably pointless, but these kinds of things tear apart the gaming community. I don't have a problem with people not liking a particular company or game, and I have absolutely no problem with people voicing their concerns or opinions. But when it becomes a constant barrage of hate, often times for no reason, we have a problem.

I really don't even know what I'm doing posting this. I guess I just need to voice this, because this isn't good for any of us, in my opinion. If you don't like a game, don't buy it. There is no reason to hate other people who buy the game.

Welcome to the internet , first time you are here?

Hate is and always will be apart of the interweb as long as there are humans on it.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BattleStreak

@Jacanuk: I know, I know. But there is no reason for the level of it. I'm not trying to rid hate from the internet, but simply reaffirming that the hate, or whatever, on this particular subject in the gaming community, has gotten out of hand, in my opinion.

CocaineChicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CocaineChicken
Member since 2016 • 13 Posts

Some people employ logic and base their opinion on valid reasons, such as questionable and distasteful business practices.

Others are just dicks who like band wagons.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RSM-HQ

@battlestreak said:

@Jacanuk: I know, I know. But there is no reason for the level of it. I'm not trying to rid hate from the internet, but simply reaffirming that the hate, or whatever, on this particular subject in the gaming community, has gotten out of hand, in my opinion.

You're starting to sound like you're on a crusade o_o

Just be calm, mannered, and hope people follow that example.

You can't really force someone to not be a jerk, hater, or troll. They have anger issues, and clearly have trouble letting it out in the real world, at least in a healthy way, so resort to being the way they are in online communities.

Just let them know you don't care for it, and move on.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BattleStreak

@RSM-HQ: I fully agree with you, and that's mostly what I have been doing for a while now. But it builds up, and there comes a point, when you just have enough, right? I'm sure I'll be back to not giving a crap sooner rather than later.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RSM-HQ

@battlestreak: Don't get me wrong. If I see someone who is being a complete jerk, I hit them at their own game. And let them know it's not fun when it's on the other boot.

And expect no less from anyone else, sometimes you have to let them know other people will bite back :P

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58318 Posts

Yeah it's fun to debate this stuff and getting nostalgic at times is fun, but remember:

they're ****ing games, people. Calm the frack down.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jacanuk

@battlestreak said:

You know what i wish it could be like that.

But Humans are mostly scum and when you remove the social barrier and make people have anonymity like they have when online, most show their true scummy nature and the hate will flow.

Nothing will ever be able to change that , it´s just human nature.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Jacanuk: The way you keep phrasing "humans" is kinda creepy. . As if, you believe you're a different entity o_0 'visions of flying talking cabbages'_

Light humor aside; you are fair in following a personal belief. However I don't think "Humans are mostly scum". If you have life experience that brought this belief, it's disheartening. Though can't agree, even with all the troIIs and haters I read in these forums.

Most people I know through my travel heavy job, are good honest people. Who just want to go about life like any other.

Perhaps that's naive thinking? But that's how I like to see it. Sure >some< people you read about, or watch are awful_awful people. Even then that's the minority, and as stated earlier "not throw everyone in the same boat". We have over seven billion people on the planet, and in my experience it's always best to give someone the benefit of the doubt, instead of judging them off the bat.

You don't have to agree with me, just sharing an opinion :)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jacanuk

@RSM-HQ said:

@Jacanuk: The way you keep phrasing "humans" is kinda creepy. . As if, you believe you're a different entity o_0 'visions of flying talking cabbages'_

Light humor aside; you are fair in following a personal belief. However I don't think "Humans are mostly scum". If you have life experience that brought this belief, it's disheartening. Though can't agree, even with all the troIIs and haters I read in these forums.

Most people I know through my travel heavy job, are good honest people. Who just want to go about life like any other.

Perhaps that's naive thinking? But that's how I like to see it. Sure >some< people you read about, or watch are awful_awful people. Even then that's the minority, and as stated earlier "not throw everyone in the same boat". We have over seven billion people on the planet, and in my experience it's always best to give someone the benefit of the doubt, instead of judging them off the bat.

You don't have to agree with me, just sharing an opinion :)

haha funny. I am as human as anybody else. :D

But that does not mean i can´t see our race for what it is and how shitty it is. And sure you may have met people who are good nice hard working, but at the end of the day you only see skindeep.

People all alike are shitty and many of those hardworking good people would walk past a dying person and not even bat a eyelid. That is just the way humans are.

Maybe i am just a pessimist both so far i have not seen anything that disproves it.