The E3 2012 Discussion and Information Thread

• 182 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Not bad, not great.

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
Only NEW game...Pikmin and (maybe) Nintendo Land might be good....other than that...meh
email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#103 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
Wow! Nintendo WTF? You made me not want the Wii U after this.
razu2444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 razu2444
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts
it wasnt' that good at all.
Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Foxi911
I agree....reminds me of the Wii...with better graphics :S
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Horrible! Absolutely horrible! :evil:

magiciandude
Pretty much sums it up.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#107 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

I'll give you a Mii for Nintendo Land and your conference.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHZecsINENNk1jD5-zLQb

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
lol so many are being burned by overhype. It was pretty boring, but I did like a number of games that they showed like Scribblenuats and ZombiU(providing its the actual game unlike the early Red Steel trailers) and Lego City looked good.
benhamilton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 benhamilton
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

Why would I spend £300 for Mario Bros U - yet ANOTHER 2D Mario platformer - lazy Nintendo!

I have a 360 and so can get AS3 and Batman Arkham Aslyum on that - ZombiU looks boring.

Really not impressed I'm afraid!

robbob8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 robbob8888
Member since 2009 • 489 Posts
I don't know what to say. Mostly everything we saw is either already on the market or we already knew about it. Pikmin wasn't a surprise because we all pretty much expected that. Nintendo did a terrible job showing off the Wii U GamePad, from the demo's shown, the controller didn't add anything major to enhance the gameplay, just gimmicky crap. The only positive thing I can take away from this conference was that MiiVerse looks pretty nice . . . other than that, nothing. The least Nintendo could have done was show off a teaser for the next Zelda or 3D Mario, even if those games are years away, it would have somewhat saved the show. Nintendo has given me a reason to just go and buy a cheap PS3 or 360. As of now, I am only going to purchase the Wii U once the next Zelda or 3D Mario is released. Pikmin I could really care less about.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#111 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

lol so many are being burned by overhype. It was pretty boring, but I did like a number of games that they showed like Scribblenuats and ZombiU(providing its the actual game unlike the early Red Steel trailers) and Lego City looked good. Sepewrath
I'll give you that, but I didn't really go in expecting much when they decided to shaft the 3DS and I'm still disappointed. The only things I liked were Zombi U, Lego City, and NintendoLand with regards to the Wii U. Paper Mario was the best game shown. It looks like they might have ruined Batman with pointless waggle, which is a darn shame because I wouldn't be surprised if other developers are going to do the same.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#112 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9732 Posts

Their conference is still going on right now.

http://e3.nintendo.com/presentation/index.html

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Sepewrath
I don't know what to say. Mostly everything we saw is either already on the market or we already knew about it. Pikmin wasn't a surprise because we all pretty much expected that. Nintendo did a terrible job showing off the Wii U GamePad, from the demo's shown, the controller didn't add anything major to enhance the gameplay, just gimmicky crap. The only positive thing I can take away from this conference was that MiiVerse looks pretty nice . . . other than that, nothing. The least Nintendo could have done was show off a teaser for the next Zelda or 3D Mario, even if those games are years away, it would have somewhat saved the show. Nintendo has given me a reason to just go and buy a cheap PS3 or 360. As of now, I am only going to purchase the Wii U once the next Zelda or 3D Mario is released. Pikmin I could really care less about. robbob8888
So you would have purchased the system if they showed you a game coming out in 3 years?
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

I won't lie, I was slighty dissapointed. But I must say, Pikmin 3, looks GREAT. I want it now.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#115 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
It wasn't horrible but it wasn't good. Most of the best E3 stuff so far has been away from conferences.
Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Foxi911
[QUOTE="robbob8888"]I don't know what to say. Mostly everything we saw is either already on the market or we already knew about it. Pikmin wasn't a surprise because we all pretty much expected that. Nintendo did a terrible job showing off the Wii U GamePad, from the demo's shown, the controller didn't add anything major to enhance the gameplay, just gimmicky crap. The only positive thing I can take away from this conference was that MiiVerse looks pretty nice . . . other than that, nothing. The least Nintendo could have done was show off a teaser for the next Zelda or 3D Mario, even if those games are years away, it would have somewhat saved the show. Nintendo has given me a reason to just go and buy a cheap PS3 or 360. As of now, I am only going to purchase the Wii U once the next Zelda or 3D Mario is released. Pikmin I could really care less about. Sepewrath
So you would have purchased the system if they showed you a game coming out in 3 years?

Yes, because then you have something to look forward to/purchasing.... not something that is already out.
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

I'm not impressed and I think they spent far too much time on games we've seen (Batman, ACIII.) Nintendoland looks so cheesy.

Spike TV is going to be interviewing Reggie and he'll be bringing a mystery guest.

robbob8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 robbob8888
[QUOTE="robbob8888"]I don't know what to say. Mostly everything we saw is either already on the market or we already knew about it. Pikmin wasn't a surprise because we all pretty much expected that. Nintendo did a terrible job showing off the Wii U GamePad, from the demo's shown, the controller didn't add anything major to enhance the gameplay, just gimmicky crap. The only positive thing I can take away from this conference was that MiiVerse looks pretty nice . . . other than that, nothing. The least Nintendo could have done was show off a teaser for the next Zelda or 3D Mario, even if those games are years away, it would have somewhat saved the show. Nintendo has given me a reason to just go and buy a cheap PS3 or 360. As of now, I am only going to purchase the Wii U once the next Zelda or 3D Mario is released. Pikmin I could really care less about. Sepewrath

Yes, I said that. I WILL BUY the system once the next major Zelda or 3D Mario releases.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Sepewrath
Yes, because then you have something to look forward to/purchasing.... not something that is already out. Foxi911
lol that makes no sense. You know it, I know, the next person that post knows; Mario and Zelda is coming out. So if your going to buy based on expectations, what's stopping you?
robbob8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 robbob8888
[QUOTE="Foxi911"]Yes, because then you have something to look forward to/purchasing.... not something that is already out. Sepewrath
lol that makes no sense. You know it, I know, the next person that post knows; Mario and Zelda is coming out. So if your going to buy based on expectations, what's stopping you?

Because I am not going to buy something and then just let it fricken sit there and collect dust.
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#121 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
3DS, great, I do want one now. Wii U, complete crap. Showing a brief clip from Luigi`s Mansion and spending an hour and half on that Nintendo Land garbage is not the best decision.
Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Foxi911
[QUOTE="Foxi911"]Yes, because then you have something to look forward to/purchasing.... not something that is already out. Sepewrath

I don't recall saying expectations...... If the software was "confirmed" to be between (6 months-1yr) I would purchase it. Nintendo should of just showed more future games to get people hyped up for the new system, instead of talking about the same dry,dusty 3rd party titles that's been out for months.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 haziqonfire
Platinum Games is creating a Wii U title. This excites me.
WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

I am watching gametrailers and reggie says they are working on a game with platinumgames. Why the hell was that not in the presser?

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 WllDan7
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Platinum Games is creating a Wii U title. This excites me.

I am not excited, since it was not worth showing at the presser.
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
[QUOTE="WllDan7"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Platinum Games is creating a Wii U title. This excites me.

They're going to be showing it on Spike in a little bit. They just interviewed Reggie.
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

I thought the overall show was decent. Though, it feels like they didn't show enough first-party games.

I'll try to have the OP fully updated by later today.

A look back on my predictions before the show: (Right inGREEN - Wrong inRED)

- 2D Mario is a launch day title (???)
- It's final name is New Super Mario World ("New Super Mario Bros. U", I should've known. :lol:.)
- More details about Nintendo Network, Miiverse and Wii U's digital store
- HD GameCube titles shown for the Wii U's VC

- Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker shown as HD VC titles available at or near launch
- Wii U's achievement system is an evolution of 3DS's 'Play Coins' (Not even mentioned)
- A new Mii game announced that is based on the tech demos shown last year
- A new IP from Miyamoto shown / teased (At least Pikmin 3 looked nice, but I'm sad that they brought time limits back)
- Iwata drops the bomb / announces something big (Lol! He didn't even get on-stage)

I didn't expect any of my guesses to come true, but at least I got 2 right. :lol:

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 haziqonfire
It already leaked. Cartoony Platinum Games title, but it looks like LKS. It might be great.
WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 WllDan7
[QUOTE="DDRMom"][QUOTE="WllDan7"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Platinum Games is creating a Wii U title. This excites me.

They're going to be showing it on Spike in a little bit. They just interviewed Reggie.

I know I posted about the game already. I am said that because they show games we know about and end with a longer than should have been showing of nintendoland. This is the game you show at the presser. I love platinum. And not have them on stage and saying the game is maybe coming this year is just weird. I suppose I will see in a few minutes.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Sepewrath

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="Foxi911"]Yes, because then you have something to look forward to/purchasing.... not something that is already out. Foxi911

I don't recall saying expectations...... If the software was "confirmed" to be between (6 months-1yr) I would purchase it. Nintendo should of just showed more future games to get people hyped up for the new system, instead of talking about the same dry,dusty 3rd party titles that's been out for months.

"Looking forward to" means expectations, let me let you in on a secret. I will confirm right now, that a 3D Mario and Zelda will be on the Wii U. My sources are common sense. So like I said, it makes no sense that them showing those games being a ways off, should in any way impact your decision process. If knowing those games will be there is what's important, then you know their gonna be there. If that's not enough, then them showing the games and saying their nowhere near completion should also not be enough.

And random observation, I don't know if it was like this last year because I didn't pay attention. But did anyone else notice that Nintendo is publishing Ninja Gaiden on the Wii U.

Platinum doesn't have a very big team, so either the game their making would be a ways off or its just Anarchy Reigns.

muffinduck01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 muffinduck01
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts
Can't say I'm really impressed with Nintendo. Pikmin 3 looks awesome, and if it's a launch game, i'll be there at midnight. ZombiU has the potential to be good (as long as it's more survival horror and less like the CoD/GoW thing that Resident Evil 6 is turning into). Have they confirmed they're showing anything new at the software showcase/developer roundtable stuff they're doing later today and tomorrow?
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 wiifan001
It already leaked. Cartoony Platinum Games title, but it looks like LKS. It might be great.Haziqonfire
That looks pretty cool. if that were placed during the 2nd half of the conference it would brought some life back in me.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Pikmin, ZombiU, and Lego City all looked great. I played Arkham City last year, Nintendo Land looks good for a mini game collection, don't care about Just Dance or Wii Fit. New Super Mario Bros looks good, but I'm not interested in another Mario sidescroller. I already wasn't planning on buying a WiiU at launch, this sealed the deal. Can't wait for tomorrow's show though. What little I saw of Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario has me excited.
Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Foxi911

[QUOTE="Foxi911"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]
lol that makes no sense. You know it, I know, the next person that post knows; Mario and Zelda is coming out. So if your going to buy based on expectations, what's stopping you? Sepewrath

"Looking forward to" means expectations, let me let you in on a secret. I will confirm right now, that a 3D Mario and Zelda will be on the Wii U. My sources are common sense. So like I said, it makes no sense that them showing those games being a ways off, should in any way impact your decision process. If knowing those games will be there is what's important, then you know their gonna be there. If that's not enough, then them showing the games and saying their nowhere near completion should also not be enough.

And random observation, I don't know if it was like this last year because I didn't pay attention. But did anyone else notice that Nintendo is publishing Ninja Gaiden on the Wii U.

Platinum doesn't have a very big team, so either the game their making would be a ways off or its just Anarchy Reigns.

Well it seems we both have different logic....either the way the conference was a lackluster.
robbob8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 robbob8888
This Project P100 by Platinum games looks pretty solid. Why was this not shown at the presser? Had this been shown during the conference then the conference probably wouldn't have been recieved so badly; why? Because it's actually something NEW.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 meetroid8
It already leaked. Cartoony Platinum Games title, but it looks like LKS. It might be great.Haziqonfire
Why wasn't that at the conference? Looks very unique, just as I'd expect from Platinum.
robbob8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 robbob8888
Nintendoland could have been an announcement at tonights roundtable and Nintendo should have closed out the show with P100.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Sepewrath
This Project P100 by Platinum games looks pretty solid. Why was this not shown at the presser? Had this been shown during the conference then the conference probably wouldn't have been recieved so badly; why? Because it's actually something NEW.robbob8888
Most of what they showed was new, if your talking new franchises, welcome to the world of gaming in 2012. New IP is few and far. The only game they put a focus on that was old was Arkham City.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#140 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I heard Wind Waker Link scream in that video around 0:39 and 0:43. Clear as day.

Looks pretty cool otherwise. Can't say I'd be that interested in another Pikmin style game, but I suppose it could be worth checking out if more info is released.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 meetroid8
[QUOTE="robbob8888"]This Project P100 by Platinum games looks pretty solid. Why was this not shown at the presser? Had this been shown during the conference then the conference probably wouldn't have been recieved so badly; why? Because it's actually something NEW.Sepewrath
Most of what they showed was new, if your talking new franchises, welcome to the world of gaming in 2012. New IP is few and far. The only game they put a focus on that was old was Arkham City.

Pikmin and Mario had both already been announced also.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
I was pleased. The graphics seem to be much better than current gen. If Pikmin 3 nearly looks like a Pixar movie with 100+ character on screen that's amazing. I think people are too hard to please. Nintendo runs a business guys. Nintendo Land looks like a fun evergreen game. Also, I don't think the controls the pad adds to game is bad, I think it all looks really cool
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#143 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Apparently Spike confirmed Pikmin 3 as a WiiU Launch title! YES!!!! Forget Mario or Zelda, if there's one game franchise that could get me to buy a console day one it's Pikmin

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 wiifan001

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]It already leaked. Cartoony Platinum Games title, but it looks like LKS. It might be great.nintendofreak_2

I heard Wind Waker Link scream in that video around 0:39 and 0:43. Clear as day.

lol so did I

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 wiifan001
IGN has confirmed a Warioware Wii U game to release at launch! Why the crap wasn't that mentioned? 60-90 seconds is all that's needed.
xxxLUGZxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 xxxLUGZxxx
Member since 2011 • 511 Posts

Not even the most diehard Nintendo fan could come away with anything but disappointment after that miserable excuse for an E3 presentation.

It was fail from beginning to end, and they would have been better off just canceling the damn show.

Who the **** thought that was going to impress anyone? Where is Zelda? I mean, a bad ass 1080p Zelda game would have probably been enough to save that Nintendo from that disaster...but they didn't even have the wits to show that.

Why would anyone buy a Wii U after today? Their PR people will have to work 24hrs a day just to undo the damage Nintendo did to themselves today...and then they have to work on hyping a brand new console.

Sorry Nintendo, but the Wii U may be the next Dreamcast...

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#149 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

The presentation was pretty bad... hopefully the 3DS presentation'll be better.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Not even the most diehard Nintendo fan could come away with anything but disappointment after that miserable excuse for an E3 presentation.

It was fail from beginning to end, and they would have been better off just canceling the damn show.

Who the **** thought that was going to impress anyone? Where is Zelda? I mean, a bad ass 1080p Zelda game would have probably been enough to save that Nintendo from that disaster...but they didn't even have the wits to show that.

Why would anyone buy a Wii U after today? Their PR people will have to work 24hrs a day just to undo the damage Nintendo did to themselves today...and then they have to work on hyping a brand new console.

Sorry Nintendo, but the Wii U may be the next Dreamcast...

xxxLUGZxxx

Where was zelda? Really. You'd have to have a giant dent in your head to expect a zedla game this morning.