Random Legacy Platform Gaming Thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#201 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

What is a "Radiant Silvergun" anyway?

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#202 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

Most games made for Windows 95, and not MS-DOS, will still run on newer PCs. Unreal Tournament, Quake 2 and 3, and Deus Ex were made for Windows 95 but they run on newer Windows versions. If you want to emulate Windows 95 you can use a virtual machine like Microsoft Virtual PC or Virtualbox, which you can install Windows onto. You can find saved OS images with it preinstalled, but I do not know if they are legal, so just use a Windows 95 disk and make an image of it, which is legal.CPX7700

Honestly, the best and easiest way is just to pay a few bucks and get the games off gog.com if it avaiable. Beats screwing around w/ DOSbox and an old scratched up CD, at least for me.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#203 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

BarbaricAvatar

It's a Sega Saturn SHMUP, and is considered by many to be one of the greatest SHMUPs ever created. It was developed by Treasure which has made several other very good SHMUPs and action games over the years, however this is sort of considered their crown jewel. It was never released outside Japan and is not a rare game, however it still holds an insane value of over $100 almost constantly. Probably the most affordable way to play it is on XBLA for like $10 or something. If you're a fan of the genre, I highly, highly recommend picking it up or trying it out.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 BarbaricAvatar

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

It's a Sega Saturn SHMUP, and is considered by many to be one of the greatest SHMUPs ever created. It was developed by Treasure which has made several other very good SHMUPs and action games over the years, however this is sort of considered their crown jewel. It was never released outside Japan and is not a rare game, however it still holds an insane value of over $100 almost constantly. Probably the most affordable way to play it is on XBLA for like $10 or something. If you're a fan of the genre, I highly, highly recommend picking it up or trying it out.

Thanks. :D

I was asking in reference to my Gamespot level tag thing. Normally i know what they're from, but was stuck on this one!

Sadly i don't have a Saturn, but i believe you. :)

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#205 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Bought a manual of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga that I thought was a game. Only buried in one place in the description did it mention that it was a manual, nowhere in the title did it say this and nowhere else did it say that, nor did it say "no game". I didn't realize this until after I had already bid on it.

I asked the guy if it were possible if he could cancel my bid since it was a mistake and there were other bids on it before mine. He said no because he said he didn't want to take a $3 loss. So I was stuck with it because a bid on eBay is a binding contract.

Today I received the manual in the mail, and it has a tear covered up by this unsightly beige duct tape. I tried to gingerly remove the duct tape, but no go, it started to tear, so I stopped.

At this point, if I make an issue out it, I'm sure he'll point to that request and claim that I'm just making it up to get my money back because I didn't mean to bid on it to begin with.

:x So frustrating! Now I can't even sell it to make my $10 back because of the condition. And I'm not so unscrupulous that I'd hide it like this guy.

It's only $10, but it's the principle of the whole situation.

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206 Exceed20XX
Member since 2011 • 817 Posts

Bought a manual of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga that I thought was a game. Only buried in one place in the description did it mention that it was a manual, nowhere in the title did it say this and nowhere else did it say that, nor did it say "no game". I didn't realize this until after I had already bid on it.

I asked the guy if it were possible if he could cancel my bid since it was a mistake and there were other bids on it before mine. He said no because he said he didn't want to take a $3 loss. So I was stuck with it because a bid on eBay is a binding contract.

Today I received the manual in the mail, and it has a tear covered up by this unsightly beige duct tape. I tried to gingerly remove the duct tape, but no go, it started to tear, so I stopped.

At this point, if I make an issue out it, I'm sure he'll point to that request and claim that I'm just making it up to get my money back because I didn't mean to bid on it to begin with.

:x So frustrating! Now I can't even sell it to make my $10 back because of the condition. And I'm not so unscrupulous that I'd hide it like this guy.

Emerald_Warrior

Yikes, I hate when people aren't upfront with their titles, etc. I almost walked into a similar issue for a copy of Shenmue II but I caught the sucker early.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Shenmue_Jehuty

Emerald_Warrior

Place a claim with Ebay. 

I've encountered similar situations in the past with deceptive sellers and Ebay has always sided with me and gave me a refund. lol I even had some douchey seller threaten me for selling me a game (forgot which one now) that was in very poor condition when he described it as "very good." Ebay forced the refund and he was like" Don't you dare try to bid on another item from me or I'll sue you for every penny you're worth!" and accused me of scamming him. Oh Ebay, we love you . . .

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#208 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

Place a claim with Ebay. 

I've encountered similar situations in the past with deceptive sellers and Ebay has always sided with me and gave me a refund. lol I even had some douchey seller threaten me for selling me a game (forgot which one now) that was in very poor condition when he described it as "very good." Ebay forced the refund and he was like" Don't you dare try to bid on another item from me or I'll sue you for every penny you're worth!" and accused me of scamming him. Oh Ebay, we love you . . .

The last time I was screwed over was when I bought Pokemon White and it was a bootleg, didn't even work on my DS phat or 3DS and was so blatantly fake there was more than enough evidence to retaliate against the seller - I knew it was fake from the moment it was shrink wrapped with no nintendo seal of quality The seller profusely apologised and said they didn't know it was fake - by the looks of their first ever contact with me they were probably genuine about that, not so much the part where it said 'genuine' on the listing :P That was probably the only mistake I've ever made on ebay, I approach handheld games with caution when buying them online from an untrusted retailer. I'm willing to pay more for DS games simply because I don't want to go through any hassle of getting a fake one on ebay. Speaking of which, I bought Pokemon Platinum from ebay aswell, it also arrived shrink wrapped. The strange thing is is that the cartridge is legit, it has all the correct information on the back of the cartridge, the official nintendo seal,the instructions are legit I compared them to instructions online aswell. It arrived in a DS case (however the game itself is NTSC, and the box is the fat clear PAL case) (that has nintendo ds embossed on the plastic case) it's awfully shiny compared to one's I've seen online though. and it works perfectly on all 3 of my DS and 3DS. My action replay recognises the game aswell So maybe it's just the most well crafted bootleg game ever, or it was just tampered with and 'resealed'
Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Exceed20XX

I just got ebay screwed over on the opposite end. After dealing with a person who waited ten days to pay off an item he turns around and slaps me with a negative because he didn't see his item out immediately (apparently 24 hours, as opposed to 48.) It went out the second day following his payment and my terms specify I try to have things out in 2-3 days tops unless I contact a person about foreseen delays. He keeps me waiting ten days for payment (I refrained from doing a runner up offer during his bouts of silence) and then he has the audacity to be impatient when I had to wait well past my usual payment terms (also two to three days if given no contact) for him.

gundamfacepalm

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Emerald_Warrior

Shenmue_Jehuty

Place a claim with Ebay.

Doesn't seem worth it for $10. Especially considering he can use that cancel request against me to make it look like I'm trying to screw him.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Emerald_Warrior

Place a claim with Ebay.

Doesn't seem worth it for $10. Especially considering he can use that cancel request against me to make it look like I'm trying to screw him.

I personally think you should still do something about it. As I said, Ebay almost always sides with the Buyer, especially when it was pretty obvious the seller was trying to pull a fast one on the people looking at the item. And you can leave him negative feedback.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 BarbaricAvatar

Not sure if it's worth creating a whole new topic for expanding on this. I do love my helicopter games, or just games with helicopters in them. While not all of them are great, i still like to try everything i can.

The current ponderence though are R/C Helicopter games on the PS2.

As far as i know there are 4:

563173_52221_thumb.jpg916695_56582_thumb.jpg918631_59827_thumb.jpg927393_141983_thumb.jpg

-

The bit that's confusing me though is though "Radio Helicopter 2" is known in Japan as "Puchi Copter 2", it's actually a sequel to "Go Go Copter" which in Japan is known as "PuchiCopter".

So where exactly does "Radio Helicopter 1" fit in?! Is it the same game as "Go Go Copter"? The developers are different, yet RH1 shares the same publisher as RH2. In Japan RH1 is known as "Simple 2000 Series Vol. 35: The Helicopter".

Why not "Go Go Copter Again" or "Go Go Copter 2"? Why would a publisher use the name of another game that wasn't as well-known (GGC was multiplat) to sell a sequel?

*Head explodes*

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Emerald_Warrior

Anyone else having trouble with the website today? For me, it's not showing threads as having new posts, yet when you enter a thread, you can clearly see it has new posts. One thread even tells me it has "-14" new posts.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#214 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
All posts came at once for me, after almost a day of saying there were no new posts.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#215 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Emerald_Warrior

Wow. Fvck that guy. I know you think 10 dollars isn't a big deal, but I would atleast try to get him in trouble in some way and if all else fails, give him a sh!tload of negative feedback. I think you're telling us the truth, so it's obvious to me that the guy was trying to get someone to buy a manual without a game, which is outrageous.

I recently had a situation on Amazon.com in which a seller said a copy of Star Ocean 3 was in "very good" condition and it turned out that it had alot of wear and was in acceptable condition at best, but that's nothing compared to how misleading the guy in your situation was being.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 BarbaricAvatar

I don't even like fishing IRL, how have i ended up with so many fishing games?!

925800_66137_thumb.jpg561294_51073_thumb.jpg914671_24226_thumb.jpg578807_19312_thumb.jpg

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Dudersaper

I don't even like fishing IRL, how have i ended up with so many fishing games?!

925800_66137_thumb.jpg561294_51073_thumb.jpg914671_24226_thumb.jpg578807_19312_thumb.jpg

BarbaricAvatar
Dude, fishing IRL is awesome though :D
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Emerald_Warrior

So my town turned down putting a Dave & Busters here. WTF?! I'd LOVE a barcade in this town. And I don't understand the big deal. We already have a ton of bars, and we have an arcade that just recently opened up with pool tables. So what's the big freaking deal about combing the 2 into 1?!

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 BarbaricAvatar

So my town turned down putting a Dave & Busters here. WTF?! I'd LOVE a barcade in this town. And I don't understand the big deal. We already have a ton of bars, and we have an arcade that just recently opened up with pool tables. So what's the big freaking deal about combing the 2 into 1?!

Emerald_Warrior

Too much cool. It'll put everyone else out of business!

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 BarbaricAvatar

Deliberately deleted at least 100 hours worth of game time for "Toca Race Driver 3". It's one of the few games that has (annoying) save-file protection so is unmoveable. Starting again won't be so bad though as it's an enjoyable game, and at least it'll be on the right memory card this time!

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Emerald_Warrior

Look at the top of the disc, just to the right.

Amazingly, this disc still plays perfectly fine. I thought that was crazy and just wanted to share.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#222 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Look at the top of the disc, just to the right.

Amazingly, this disc still plays perfectly fine. I thought that was crazy and just wanted to share.

Emerald_Warrior

Wow that takes me back. Virtua Cop was a lot of fun back then.

Good that it works. :P

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 BarbaricAvatar

I've reached a point with my collecting.

There are still 45 games left on my PS2 list, but they're just titles i want to try (aside from a couple that are currently just too expensive). I don't feel the desire anymore that i have to go onto Amazon and find a decent version of whatever's left ASAP. It's going to take me years anyway to play the 230 titles i've already got and am i really going to find anything that does something new now?

Same with my PC collection. I'm not at all interested in the latest titles and i've got everything that i really want.

I even resorted to seeing how much a PS3 would set me back, but i could only think of 7 games that i'd actually want for it. Though realistically i'm not likely to bother til it too is legacy.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Shenmue_Jehuty

There are still 45 games left on my PS2 list, but they're just titles i want to try (aside from a couple that are currently just too expensive). I don't feel the desire anymore that i have to go onto Amazon and find a decent version of whatever's left ASAP. It's going to take me years anyway to play the 230 titles i've already got and am i really going to find anything that does something new now?

Same with my PC collection. I'm not at all interested in the latest titles and i've got everything that i really want.

I even resorted to seeing how much a PS3 would set me back, but i could only think of 7 games that i'd actually want for it. Though realistically i'm not likely to bother til it too is legacy.

BarbaricAvatar

I'm pretty close to completing several of my console collections as well, the closest being my XBOX and Gamecube collecions; I only have to get 6 and 4 games for them respectively. I have thought about what I'll do once I complete them. Most likely I'll focus on games that are either very hard to impossible to find in the wild (mostly very rare stuff and imports). I've also entertained the idea of no longer collecting since I currently have way more games than I could ever play in my lifetime. We'll see I guess.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 BarbaricAvatar

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

I'm pretty close to completing several of my console collections as well, the closest being my XBOX and Gamecube collecions; I only have to get 6 and 4 games for them respectively. I have thought about what I'll do once I complete them. Most likely I'll focus on games that are either very hard to impossible to find in the wild (mostly very rare stuff and imports). I've also entertained the idea of no longer collecting since I currently have way more games than I could ever play in my lifetime. We'll see I guess.

Totally. I think about this more and more nowadays; I'm failing as a collector! *goes off to Amazon to buy SOMETHING* :D

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#226 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
A friend of mine used to own a resale shop. And we did some crazy stuff to lame CDs that wouldn't sell to test what would stop it from working. We actually had a disc with like 4 holes punched through it that still played.
Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Exceed20XX

BarbaricAvatar

While I don't want to be one to encourage it may be a bit wise to at least pick up the main games that do interest you now while they're possibly at a low point in pricing. One can't always guess what may spike up a bit down the road. Just a thought.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

Exceed20XX

While I don't want to be one to encourage it may be a bit wise to at least pick up the main games that do interest you now while they're possibly at a low point in pricing. One can't always guess what may spike up a bit down the road. Just a thought.

words of wisdom. You never know what games will suddenly see a huge price increase.

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Exceed20XX

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

words of wisdom. You never know what games will suddenly see a huge price increase.

Ya know it. :cool: Basically don't go crazy but do consider picking up titles (that you want) that you believe may pose a hassle for you later to find.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]While I don't want to be one to encourage it may be a bit wise to at least pick up the main games that do interest you now while they're possibly at a low point in pricing. One can't always guess what may spike up a bit down the road. Just a thought.

Exceed20XX

Ya know it. :cool: Basically don't go crazy but do consider picking up titles (that you want) that you believe may pose a hassle for you later to find.

Blood Will Tell and Cannon Spike suddenly come to mind :p

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Exceed20XX

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

Blood Will Tell and Cannon Spike suddenly come to mind :p

I missed a Japanese Cannon Spike not long ago. =\ I'm still not sure if I plan to put in in the hunting queue or not. Otherwise I'm close to done.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 BarbaricAvatar

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

Exceed20XX

It's a good point. I don't see God Hand, Klonoa 2 or Star Ocean prices coming down anytime soon. If at all.

Though the shops here tend to be quite pessismistic with their prices and any of the above could appear for a quarter of the price Amazon has them for, at any point.

-

Incidently the PS3 idea is now firmly off the cards as i only this week discovered that games have to be installed, it was a total WTF moment. Talk about step-backwards, console gaming for is supposed to be about pick-up-and-play. Installing software and downloading patches shouldn't even be a thing for consoles. That's the realm of PC gaming and in my opinion there should be a clear distinction between the two.

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Exceed20XX

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

BarbaricAvatar

It's a good point. I don't see God Hand, Klonoa 2 or Star Ocean prices coming down anytime soon. If at all.

Though the shops here tend to be quite pessismistic with their prices and any of the above could appear for a quarter of the price Amazon has them for, at any point.

-

Incidently the PS3 idea is now firmly off the cards as i only this week discovered that games have to be installed, it was a total WTF moment. Talk about step-backwards, console gaming for is supposed to be about pick-up-and-play. Installing software and downloading patches shouldn't even be a thing for consoles. That's the realm of PC gaming and in my opinion there should be a clear distinction between the two.

That seems a little extreme to me over partial installation but if that's your choice.

LordBrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 LordBrew
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts
Not all games have to be installed to the PS3 and those that do require installs don't often take very long.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Dudersaper
Yeah, I definetly wouldn't pass up on the PS3 just because of that, Barbaric. The PS3 is worth owning.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Just finished Castlevania Chronicles last night, once I finally had a chance to sit down and play it, and my word was it an fantastic experience.  Each level never seemed too difficult or too easy, the pace of each level was nigh perfect.  The absence of the CV4 whip mechanics is definitely puzzling since this game released almost 6 or 7 years later, but I digress.  Several things stuck out to me in this game as just being absolutely brilliant, particularly one minor event in one specific section of a level.

mqdefault.jpg

Terrible image quality, but as seen above the player begins this section entering from the left side of the screen.  There is a lone candle to the right of the stairs (the bright explosion seen in front of Simon in the image) and naturally, the player is drawn to the candle to obtain new sub weapons or ammunition for said sub weapons. Yet as you draw near you notice a gear from the background fall from down and become an interactive object in the game world (the sparkles denote the gear that just fell).  Just like that, the game taught me what to expect in this entire segment.  So when I inevitably attempted my climb to the top of the tower I wouldn't be like "Well what the fvck these gears are just randomly falling how the hell am I supposed to react?"  as the game clearly demonstrated to me that I need to be very cautious when platforming above due to the hazardous gears.

Now this is by no means crazy brand new gameplay mechanics.  It was just so damn awesome to play a game that was littered throughout with these little teaching tools that made every level seem almost didactic in nature, culminating eventually in a segment where the player would have to go through all the hazards they have been warned about in controlled environments all at once.  It was just brilliant, and an absolute joy to play.  Rarely see that type of thing these days.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 MLBknights58

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

^ as far as PS1 games go, Castlevania Chronicles is near the top of my want list for the system. I've heard nothing but excellent things about it, and if you prefer the old style Castlevania games (which I do personally) Chronicles is hard to beat. Here's hoping I can find one for a good price one of these days.

Shenmue_Jehuty

At one point it looked like it crashed in value, I almost considered selling mine a while back. I dunno, I guess I expected more of it. Once again soundtrack factors in for me though...

I remember that, unfortunetly (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) the majority of my interest and money was going into my Dreamcast collection. When I did want to get Chronicles again it was back up to around $30. I'll have to check the soundtrack out again, can't remember if it was good or not. If it sounds as good as the original Castlevania or Super Castlevania IV, then it's good enough for me :p

I got my copy for 40 dollars and I considered that pretty steep, but I knew it was a now or never situation, either I'd buy it on the spot when I really wanted it or I'd forget about it completely and never get around to it.  

As far as soundtrack goes, it varies greatly.  Some tracks are remixed to eargasmic qualities (like Simon's Theme Imo) but others are remixed into trash, much like this rendition of Wicked Child.  For comparisons sake, here is the original version (also included on the disc), and side by side they are both pretty bad.  Not only did they feel completely out of place with where I was/what I was doing on screen, it just plain sounded bad.  I pick Wicked Child because that's one of my favs from the NES version, but tracks such as Bloody Tears and Simon's Theme are remixed to great effect, and sound brilliant.  Hit or miss really.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Shenmue_Jehuty

^ as far as PS1 games go, Castlevania Chronicles is near the top of my want list for the system. I've heard nothing but excellent things about it, and if you prefer the old style Castlevania games (which I do personally) Chronicles is hard to beat. Here's hoping I can find one for a good price one of these days.

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Exceed20XX

Shenmue_Jehuty

At one point it looked like it crashed in value, I almost considered selling mine a while back. I dunno, I guess I expected more of it. Once again soundtrack factors in for me though...

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Exceed20XX

I remember that, unfortunetly (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) the majority of my interest and money was going into my Dreamcast collection. When I did want to get Chronicles again it was back up to around $30. I'll have to check the soundtrack out again, can't remember if it was good or not. If it sounds as good as the original Castlevania or Super Castlevania IV, then it's good enough for me :p

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Exceed20XX

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

$30's not too terrifying all things considered. I remember when I first found out it was worth some change it was going for more but then the DD release may have hit it back some. I should revisit it again some time soon and see if I feel the same I guess. Meanwhile I feel like I've settled my DC library aside from a few potential stragglers. Or undiscovered titles, heaven knows one of those always pops up when you think you're done. :P

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]At one point it looked like it crashed in value, I almost considered selling mine a while back. I dunno, I guess I expected more of it. Once again soundtrack factors in for me though...

Exceed20XX

$30's not too terrifying all things considered. I remember when I first found out it was worth some change it was going for more but then the DD release may have hit it back some. I should revisit it again some time soon and see if I feel the same I guess. Meanwhile I feel like I've settled my DC library aside from a few potential stragglers. Or undiscovered titles, heaven knows one of those always pops up when you think you're done. :P

$30 isn't a lot for a game, but when you're used to spending $10 or less on 95% of the games you buy it seems like a fortune lol. Mostly kidding, but I'm sure I'll break down and buy a copy one of these days. I saw one at a game store I went to this afternoon for $45, but that's a bit out of my budget for the month.

My DC collection is down to about 20 games I really want, and I have most of the really rare/expensive stuff fortunetly. The remaining 20 are games that I really want to play. I totally get the whole games popping up thing, my needed PS2 game list seems to never shrink because I always find games I want that I never knew existsed. I suppose some day I'll clear it, but that won't be for a long long time seeing how I still have about 70 games I really want on that list.

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Exceed20XX

I just get sort of get restrictive eventually. My system libraries tend to fall somewhere around 20-30 it seems, which is more than enough for me. Of the 6-8 DC titles left I'd be considering chances are I'll only pick up about 3 of them but if prices and other matters allow more then who knows.

Meanwhile I'm trying to stay focused and take down the scary targets, which are the remaining Saturn bits I avoided previously. Unfortunately that's a worse problem now as prices have recently spiked rather hard in some places.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

Decided to go with playing Digital Devil Saga after playing persona 4. Got P3 on order and will most likely play that after then DDS1 then play DDS2 after. Seriously why the hell didn't I buy all these JRPGS when I actually had time to play them? I sunk 70 hours into P4 alone. I just hope my PS2 can handle the jandel.

I got to say though, the Soundtracks from the Shin Megami Tensei games are amazing. Persona 4, DDS1 (what I've listened to from P3 on youtube).

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Shenmue_Jehuty

I just get sort of get restrictive eventually. My system libraries tend to fall somewhere around 20-30 it seems, which is more than enough for me. Of the 6-8 DC titles left I'd be considering chances are I'll only pick up about 3 of them but if prices and other matters allow more then who knows.

Meanwhile I'm trying to stay focused and take down the scary targets, which are the remaining Saturn bits I avoided previously. Unfortunately that's a worse problem now as prices have recently spiked rather hard in some places.

Exceed20XX

Don't even get me started on Saturn prices lol. While Saturn games have always been on the more expensive side (at least over the past 10-years), I remember about 5-years ago most Saturn titles were under $50, even the rarer RPGs. Now, unless you are either rich or have no issue spending hundreds on one game, the Saturn is extremely difficult and expensive to collect for. I've gotten around this by building an import library, however my Japanese is not up to par with playing through the RPGs. I am holding out hope that prices will plummet soon so I can begin collecting domestic titles again. Oh, and all the same can be said for the SNES at the moment as well.

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Exceed20XX

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

Don't even get me started on Saturn prices lol. While Saturn games have always been on the more expensive side (at least over the past 10-years), I remember about 5-years ago most Saturn titles were under $50, even the rarer RPGs. Now, unless you are either rich or have no issue spending hundreds on one game, the Saturn is extremely difficult and expensive to collect for. I've gotten around this by building an import library, however my Japanese is not up to par with playing through the RPGs. I am holding out hope that prices will plummet soon so I can begin collecting domestic titles again. Oh, and all the same can be said for the SNES at the moment as well.

I have my means of tackling them, I just won't be taking them on much longer. The real kicker comes when I try to replace missing things like cases etc., thankfully the number of those isn't terrifying. The ones that may need replacing are terrifying though.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 MLBknights58

Welp, Another48hours aka EddieMurphy is gone again. 

Beyond Good and Evil isn't the game I thought it would be.  It thrusts me into the beginning of the game with little to no information as to what the hell is going on, and really hasn't told me anything yet and I've been playing for a few hours.  How am I supposed to give a damn about what's happening if I don't really know what is happening?  I understand the player is left to fill in the blanks but, damn man.  At least give me some context as to why these bad people are possibly bad and why these terrible things are occuring.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Shenmue_Jehuty

Welp, Another48hours aka EddieMurphy is gone again. 

Beyond Good and Evil isn't the game I thought it would be.  It thrusts me into the beginning of the game with little to no information as to what the hell is going on, and really hasn't told me anything yet and I've been playing for a few hours.  How am I supposed to give a damn about what's happening if I don't really know what is happening?  I understand the player is left to fill in the blanks but, damn man.  At least give me some context as to why these bad people are possibly bad and why these terrible things are occuring.

MLBknights58

While it is satisfying to know that his latest troll account got deleted, we all know he'll be back in a couple of days with another account. His level of psychopathology astounds me. You think by now GS would have permabanned his IP address :/

I have never been able to get into ANY Ubisoft game, period. I found Assassins Creed to be very repetative, never cared for the farcry games, and I had a very hard time getting into Beyond Good and Evil; I played it for probably 2-hours before I couldn't force myself to play it any longer. I had many of the same issues as you did and could not se why many people like this game so much. 

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 BarbaricAvatar

When browsing Gamespot for Legacy titles i might've missed, player reviews usually give the best indication of what to expect.

So it gets right up my nose when someone's taken the time to write something but evidently doesn't know HOW to review a game.

This kind of thing is quite common:

http://uk.gamespot.com/cold-fear/user-reviews/753837/platform/ps2/

All he's done is say what happens in the story. I'm not interested in reading about the story before i've even tried the game, the story is something i'll find out for myself while i'm playing. The idea of a review is to tell people what it's like to PLAY the game and highlight any flaws that might put people off. Or mention cool things that might pull people in.

I feel it's too pedantic to report such reviews for being completely unhelpful to anyone, because without those Gamespot would have 50% less user reviews.

But still; Grrr. :evil: