Random Legacy Platform Gaming Thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#101 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Don't you find it funny when people list games on eBay or Craigslist like Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt as rare?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Don't you find it funny when people list games on eBay or Craigslist like Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt as rare?

Emerald_Warrior
I agree it's a silly label, but to be honest, good looking NES games are becoming rare. I find that the more I go to game stores that sell carts, the condition is getting progressively worse.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Heirren

I agree it's a silly label, but to be honest, good looking NES games are becoming rare. I find that the more I go to game stores that sell carts, the condition is getting progressively worse.

Maybe other games. But that particular game is one of the most common games in existance since it was packaged with one of the best-selling systems of all-time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Fair enough:) Here's a random thought Anybody have recommended eBay sellers? I thought about starting an eBay thread--tips, what to watch out for, overpaying, scams, etc--but I simply don't have the knowledge of that stuff.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Emerald_Warrior

Fair enough:) Here's a random thought Anybody have recommended eBay sellers? I thought about starting an eBay thread--tips, what to watch out for, overpaying, scams, etc--but I simply don't have the knowledge of that stuff.Heirren

eBay is not what it once was. It's pretty hard to find a great deal on eBay anymore. Back in the day, when a whole lot more people actually auctioned their stuff rather than "Buy It Now" which is so prevalent, you could get killer deals on stuff. But now everyone either sets it to "Buy It Now" or they start the bidding at a high number.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Fair enough:) Here's a random thought Anybody have recommended eBay sellers? I thought about starting an eBay thread--tips, what to watch out for, overpaying, scams, etc--but I simply don't have the knowledge of that stuff.Emerald_Warrior

eBay is not what it once was. It's pretty hard to find a great deal on eBay anymore. Back in the day, when a whole lot more people actually auctioned their stuff rather than "Buy It Now" which is so prevalent, you could get killer deals on stuff. But now everyone either sets it to "Buy It Now" or they start the bidding at a high number.

Oh I agree. I bought my second guitar off eBay about ten years ago. At the time it sold for $2400 to $3000. I got it for around $800. There are still sellers that still use it as a means to just get rid of stuff they no longer need and make a dollar in the process, though.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Emerald_Warrior

This is actually a huge pet-peave of mine. It bugs the crap out of me when someone tries justifying their ridiculous prices on a super common game like Mario/Duck Hunt or Sonic by saying it's "rare." Give me a f***ing break people! I had some reseller at the flea market try and tell me that Donkey Kong 64 was ultra rare and that is why he would not sell it for less than $40. To make things even more outragious, the cart was sun damaged so badly the label was barely readable and I would be shocked if the board inside still worked.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Fair enough:) Here's a random thought Anybody have recommended eBay sellers? I thought about starting an eBay thread--tips, what to watch out for, overpaying, scams, etc--but I simply don't have the knowledge of that stuff.Emerald_Warrior

There are still plenty of auctions but they go almost as high from bids. I've gotten lucky on games that aren't fairly well known though.

If not higher in some cases. The last game I sold was auction and buy it now but bids from ebay sellers ran it up more than 3x my set "buy it now" price. Not that I'm complaining since it was more money for me, lol.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Fair enough:) Here's a random thought Anybody have recommended eBay sellers? I thought about starting an eBay thread--tips, what to watch out for, overpaying, scams, etc--but I simply don't have the knowledge of that stuff.Eikichi-Onizuka

There are still plenty of auctions but they go almost as high from bids. I've gotten lucky on games that aren't fairly well known though.

If not higher in some cases. The last game I sold was auction and buy it now but bids from ebay sellers ran it up more than 3x my set "buy it now" price. Not that I'm complaining since it was more money for me, lol.

As soon as people start getting into bidding wars, that's when I usually stop watching an auction. It's not worth trying to outbid people who have discarded their sanity and reason for a game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

As soon as people start getting into bidding wars, that's when I usually stop watching an auction. It's not worth trying to outbid people who have discarded their sanity and reason for a game.

There's reasons for this, often times. It makes more sense to buy multiple games from the same seller to reduce shipping cost. I just realized the "private bidding" thing--that must what sellers use to up the price of a product.
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#111 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

I'm going to install Alien vs Predator 1 (1999) because i want to know if it still manages to scare me on the levels it used to.

I never got past the first mission in the Marine Campaign.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"] There are still plenty of auctions but they go almost as high from bids. I've gotten lucky on games that aren't fairly well known though.

Heirren

There's reasons for this, often times. It makes more sense to buy multiple games from the same seller to reduce shipping cost. I just realized the "private bidding" thing--that must what sellers use to up the price of a product.

You actually are unable to do this on Ebay. Ebay classifies it as "shill bidding" and you can get your account deleted for doing it as a seller. I had a friend who tried doing this, on different computers with different accounts no less, and she ended up getting caught. Ebay deleted both of her accounts as well. I'm sure some people have gotten away with it before, but I think it's mostly people getting so invested in winning a specific item that they are willing to spend well and above what the average price for that item is worth at the moment.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Shenmue_Jehuty

Did not realize until last night that Robo Aleste was a sequal to MUSHA Aleste. It is so obvious to me now, and have no idea how I missed this lol

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 Exceed20XX
Member since 2011 • 817 Posts

Did not realize until last night that Robo Aleste was a sequal to MUSHA Aleste. It is so obvious to me now, and have no idea how I missed this lol

Shenmue_Jehuty

Were you aware that MUSHA's original name was Musha Aleste? I didn't know they were related until I heard MUSHA had "Aleste" in it's Japanese name. Funny time for you to bring that up too as I'm going to try Dennin Aleste (Robo Aleste JP) soon. Also I finally know where your icon is from now (no, I have never played Musha).

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Exceed20XX

Were you aware that MUSHA's original name was Musha Aleste? I didn't know they were related until I heard MUSHA had "Aleste" in it's Japanese name. Funny time for you to bring that up too as I'm going to try Dennin Aleste (Robo Aleste JP) soon. Also I finally know where your icon is from now (no, I have never played Musha).

haha that is what's so ironic about me not knowing that :p. I love MUSHA, in fact it's one of my favorite SHMUPs, but I had no idea that Robo Aleste was its sequal. I have known that MUSHA is known as MUSHA Aleste in japan for quite some time, I guess it just never clicked until last night :p. Think of it has sort of a dumb blonde moment for me lol

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 Exceed20XX
Member since 2011 • 817 Posts

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

haha that is what's so ironic about me not knowing that :p. I love MUSHA, in fact it's one of my favorite SHMUPs, but I had no idea that Robo Aleste was its sequal. I have known that MUSHA is known as MUSHA Aleste in japan for quite some time, I guess it just never clicked until last night :p. Think of it has sort of a dumb blonde moment for me lol

"Hmm.. not sure if conveniently named or sequel...". I am a bit curiosu now though, as somebody who's played both do you think one is a bit better than the other? I'm not majorly into the shmup field but I do take a few forays here and there and have heard much praise for Robo Aleste in addition to the legacy MUSHA seems to have (part of which stemming from its value as well I suppose.)

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Shenmue_Jehuty

Robo Aleste is very cool, however it does not even come close to touching MUSHA imo. The gameplay is very similar, which makes Robo Aleste very cool, but MUSHA blows it away in just about every other respect. I would even argue the graphics look better in MUSHA, and the music and enemies are vastly better. I guess the only plus I can give to Robo Aleste is that it is more difficult than MUSHA (at least I thought so), which some people appreciate.

DerveCreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DerveCreaves
Member since 2013 • 345 Posts

Robo Aleste is very cool, however it does not even come close to touching MUSHA imo. The gameplay is very similar, which makes Robo Aleste very cool, but MUSHA blows it away in just about every other respect. I would even argue the graphics look better in MUSHA, and the music and enemies are vastly better. I guess the only plus I can give to Robo Aleste is that it is more difficult than MUSHA (at least I thought so), which some people appreciate.

Shenmue_Jehuty
Musha is one of my top 20 best shooters. It;s a great game. Slightly overrated though.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

DerveCreaves

Musha is one of my top 20 best shooters. It;s a great game. Slightly overrated though.

How is it overrated? It is one of the most well made shooters ever in every respect.

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Aero5555
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

The only legacy games I really care about these days are those that peak my interest to waste on a weekend. Always buy used from Amazon. Cheap as dirt 90% of the time. I don't get the point of physical copy hunting games that are already easily available on other medium (NiGHTs). I also hate the fact that I can't cut my loses on the legacy investment by selling the game(s) after I'm done with it. I'd be glad to sell 95% of my legacy games (including MSX, SNES, Sega Saturn) to anyone who's offering a price. Seriously.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#121 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I just finished Final Fantasy IX yesterday, definitely my 2nd favorite Final Fantasy (I've only played four of them though). The second final boss was annoying though, stupid Grand Cross attack that inflicted stat changes...

It was funny though, I beat the final boss and watched about 8 minutes of the ending and my roommate stepped on a cord, turning the game off, so I just watched the rest of it online, since I didn't want to beat it again.

Is there any post-game content that I missed or does it just send you back before the final boss after you beat it?

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Shenmue_Jehuty

The only legacy games I really care about these days are those that peak my interest to waste on a weekend. Always buy used from Amazon. Cheap as dirt 90% of the time. I don't get the point of physical copy hunting games that are already easily available on other medium (NiGHTs). I also hate the fact that I can't cut my loses on the legacy investment by selling the game(s) after I'm done with it. I'd be glad to sell 95% of my legacy games (including MSX, SNES, Sega Saturn) to anyone who's offering a price. Seriously.

Aero5555

Whatcha got?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Aero5555"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

Whatcha got?

Yeah, do tell!
Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Aero5555

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Whatcha got?

Heirren

Yeah, do tell!

Well, the following is a pic (from 3 angles) of all my retro collection. This was about 5 years ago and I've moved since then. *Check Notes for details*

My Retro SNES/Saturn Collection (Front)

My Retro SNES/Saturn Collection (Right - N64 games pictured) *Note that Majora's Mask is the gold cart*

My Retro SNES/Saturn Collection (Left - Saturn games showcased) *Pokemon Yellow's current whereabouts are unknown. See Notes below*

Notes:

• N64 boxes/manuals are sadly now disposed of due to the fact that I've moved since then.

• All games showcased are currently boxed in storange given how I never unboxed them since I moved. I need to confirm their location but I'm 100% certain they're around.

• All games showcased on pic are NTSC.

• Some SNES games have their plastic protective contact cover. None have boxes but I will box them as best I can, including bubble wrap, should they sell. I'll send you a pic of the box before I ship it so that you're satisfied. Will not ship if dissatisfied. a few games are not showcased on the pic, but I won't bother recalling them unless there's interest (PM me).

• Saturn games showcased are missing "Bug!", "Clockwork Knight" and the first "Sega Worldwide Soccer". all NTSC and very good condition with manual. I may also have a few more and will mention them if I recall any.

• I will post a pic of my entire MSX game collection should there be interest. Do note that it's only the cartridge. No packaging.

• For more info on any game showcased on the pic, kindly post on this thread.

• Consoles are not for sale. They're missing cables and I'm unsure of their condition. They're all NTSC.

• For any interest in buying, pricing, shipping arangements.... etc. Kindly PM me.

Thanks, guys.

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Aero5555

I also got (all NTSC, very good condition with manual):

PS2: Fatal Frame, Final Fight: Streewise, Shadow of Memories, Red Faction, DoA Hardcore, Onimusha, Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest VIII, Wild Arms 4, Glass Rose (PAL).

XBox: Shenmue II, NBA Overdrive(namecheck?), Jet Set Radio Future.

Gamecube: Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox Assault.

Seems like I'm pushing my merchandise here lol. Got a bunch of DS and PSP games too (very good condition, I take care of my stuff). Just PM if you're really interested.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Wii too far away. GameCube controller cords too short. Anybody ever pick up extension cables? Good/bad experiences?
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 BarbaricAvatar

That was an unusually short period of consideration. Times are approximate!

15mins ago: Looking through the PS2 stock of a random Amazon seller, came across a game i'd never heard of called "Global Defence Force: Tactics" for not much money.

14mins ago: Checked out the game on Gamespot and ended up on the wrong page (unknowingly). Looked at the review page and took note of a particularly enthusiastic appraisal, past the dreadful grammar.

12mins ago: Did an image search for screenshots (for Tactics) and was confused that the images had little in common with the review i'd read. Though answered the question that the game was an RTS as originally suspected. Looked at this picture and really wasn't interested anymore:

0.jpg

11mins ago: Noticed 3PS images amongst the RTS shots:

earth-defense-force-2017-2-468x.jpg

This seemed to have much more in common with the review i'd skimmed through earlier.

10mins ago: Searched for "Global Defence Force" on Youtube. This was first video i checked out.

8mins ago: Went back to Amazon to see if game was available, browsed sellers.

6mins ago: Opened a second video, watched about 20secs of it before i closed and went straight back to Amazon to buy the best copy i could find. Paid 3 times more than what i usually spend on games i've never heard of. :D

4mins ago: Came here to tell you about it. :P

Now: Hoping someone's not going to respond and say "Well actually it's rubbish..."

It looks fantastic!

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#128 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
^I have that game. The framrate drops REAL low when lots of giant ants are on screen, you'll notice that right on the first level. But damn do I love the game, cheesy alien fighting, 'tis fun as hell.
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 BarbaricAvatar

^I have that game. The framrate drops REAL low when lots of giant ants are on screen, you'll notice that right on the first level. But damn do I love the game, cheesy alien fighting, 'tis fun as hell.Dudersaper

I'm not surprised about the framerate issues, it does have visuals that look a bit better than what they could've gotten away with. But i still don't regret my impulse-buy!

Repetition has never been something that bothers me either just as long as the bit that's repeated is fun. One could say something like 'Valkyrie Profile 2' is extremely repetitive, but it never gets tiresome because the battles are just so enjoyable. I still haven't finished it btw. :D

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Dudersaper
I never had a problem with repetition myself, lots of people dislike the .hack games for that but I love them :P You seem to have a very similar taste to mine when it comes to games so I'm sure you'll love GDF :P Mine was pretty much an impulse buy too, was walking to the bus station, and on the way there is a second hand shop, I went in just to take a look, wasn't gonna buy anything since I only had around 1,50 for the bus ride, saw GDF for 1, bought it, walked home, totally worth 40 minutes walking to play that game :lol:
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#131 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I just finished Final Fantasy IX yesterday, definitely my 2nd favorite Final Fantasy (I've only played four of them though). The second final boss was annoying though, stupid Grand Cross attack that inflicted stat changes...

It was funny though, I beat the final boss and watched about 8 minutes of the ending and my roommate stepped on a cord, turning the game off, so I just watched the rest of it online, since I didn't want to beat it again.

Is there any post-game content that I missed or does it just send you back before the final boss after you beat it?

bowserjr123

No, there's no post game content.

Necron was pretty annoying tho because he largely depended on luck. During my latest playthrough of FF9, I died the first time because Necron devastated my party with status effects. But the second time I killed him fairly easily because the status effects were much milder and much less frequent.

What did you think of the ending? I personally thought it was quite beautiful.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 BarbaricAvatar

"Drakan: The Ancients' Gates" has the most accurate sound of walking on snow that i've ever encountered in a game.

con_matrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 con_matrix
Member since 2008 • 200 Posts

914509_6636_front.jpg

Started playing this recently, quite enjoying it. Anyone else played it?

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Dudersaper
^Hellz yeah. I'm currently playing that one too. I mean, that's Disaster Report right? If so then yes, I'm playing it :P You should play Raw Danger too, 'tis a sequel, quite a gem, just like Disaster Report.
con_matrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 con_matrix
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]^Hellz yeah. I'm currently playing that one too. I mean, that's Disaster Report right? If so then yes, I'm playing it :P You should play Raw Danger too, 'tis a sequel, quite a gem, just like Disaster Report.

Yeah I believe it's Disaster Report. I live in the UK so it's called SOS here. And what console is that on?
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Dudersaper
Raw Danger is also on the PS2.
con_matrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 con_matrix
Raw Danger is also on the PS2.Dudersaper
Yeah, I just found it online, not many PAL copies around. Found one in France for around £15 including postage, is it worth that money?
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Dudersaper
Well it depends how much you like Disaster Report and how much you think that is worth. Raw Danger is pretty much the same kind of game, but instead of keeping hydrated you need to keep hot, and it's a flood instead of an earthquake. Raw Danger has muntiple characters you use with mutiple choices (actions you do with one character may affect another character when you use that character) and mutiple endings. Personally, £15 is jut about right for the price I'd pay for it.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Shenmue_Jehuty

Not really exclusive to legacy games, but I am so sick and tired of every other game being about zombies! It has become so trendy and cliche to use zombies in video games now that it is no longer entertaining or cool. I remember when Zombies at my Neigbors and RE were really cool because they were like "the zombie games." Now its just gotten out of hand imo.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Dudersaper
I actually still like the zombie fad. Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2 Trapped Dead Dead Island Walking Dead Fort Zombie Dead Rising/Dead Rising 2 Dead Nation (especially love this) House of the Dead Oneechanbara are some of my favourites :P And upcomming games I'm really looking forward like State of Decay and ZRPG.
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 BarbaricAvatar

Not really exclusive to legacy games, but I am so sick and tired of every other game being about zombies! It has become so trendy and cliche to use zombies in video games now that it is no longer entertaining or cool. I remember when Zombies at my Neigbors and RE were really cool because they were like "the zombie games." Now its just gotten out of hand imo.

Shenmue_Jehuty

I suspect the main reason is to do with dismemberment. Nobody cares if you chop a Zombie into 7 seperate chunks, but do it with a person and all manner of politicians will stick their big noses in and associate it to gun-crime.

It wouldn't surprise me if future GTA's had Driver-style pedestrians diving out of the way and/or Zombies.

And also the video-game industry isn't as rich with fresh ideas as it used to be, it's far easier to fill your game with Zombies than create a new type of monster.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

BarbaricAvatar

I suspect the main reason is to do with dismemberment. Nobody cares if you chop a Zombie into 7 seperate chunks, but do it with a person and all manner of politicians will stick their big noses in and associate it to gun-crime.

It wouldn't surprise me if future GTA's had Driver-style pedestrians diving out of the way and/or Zombies.

And also the video-game industry isn't as rich with fresh ideas as it used to be, it's far easier to fill your game with Zombies than create a new type of monster.

While I do agree with most of what you're saying, I think Zombies being overly present in video games has more to do with a current trend that is going on. Everybody thinks Zombies are cool, and so therefore video game devs and publishers have been cranking out Zombie games left and right in order to capitalize of people's interest in them. I am just so, so tired of zombie themed games or zombies being overly abundant in games. It was okay several years ago when a zombie game came out here and there, but it's just gotten out of hand in recent years.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Emerald_Warrior

While I do agree with most of what you're saying, I think Zombies being overly present in video games has more to do with a current trend that is going on. Everybody thinks Zombies are cool, and so therefore video game devs and publishers have been cranking out Zombie games left and right in order to capitalize of people's interest in them. I am just so, so tired of zombie themed games or zombies being overly abundant in games. It was okay several years ago when a zombie game came out here and there, but it's just gotten out of hand in recent years.

Shenmue_Jehuty

For sure. I'm a BIG zombie movie fan from the old days. Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead is one of the greatest horror trilogies of all-time, IMO. But even I'm getting sick of seeing zombies everywhere.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#144 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

[QUOTE="bowserjr123"]

GreySeal9

No, there's no post game content.

Necron was pretty annoying tho because he largely depended on luck. During my latest playthrough of FF9, I died the first time because Necron devastated my party with status effects. But the second time I killed him fairly easily because the status effects were much milder and much less frequent.

What did you think of the ending? I personally thought it was quite beautiful.

I liked the ending, I really didn't expect the events that played out like Zidane discovering his origins and the whole Gaia vs. Terra thing.  

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#145 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

Been thinking about trying to get my hands on all 3 of the Shadow Hearts games. I played and beat Covenant years ago without even knowing the first game existed. I've been looking things up on the third game they made and it looks like they got rid of all the gothis scenery and gloomy environments that made that the first two games so atmospheric.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#146 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

Another reason zombie games are popular w/ devs is the AI for Zombies can be easy to program. You have a built in excuse to why they act so dumb. You make an FPS in which enemy soldier walk straight at you in a straight line and that's just ridiculous. Make 'em zombies and they come straight at you in straight line because they're zombies and that's fine.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

logicalfrank

Another reason zombie games are popular w/ devs is the AI for Zombies can be easy to program. You have a built in excuse to why they act so dumb. You make an FPS in which enemy soldier walk straight at you in a straight line and that's just ridiculous. Make 'em zombies and they come straight at you in straight line because they're zombies and that's fine.

HA! I never thought of that, but it makes perfect sense. Great insight :)

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Aero5555

All this talk of zombies is making The Cranberries' song play in my head (unintentional pun lol).

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Emerald_Warrior

I'm so pissed at myself. I had a copy of Mega Man Legends 2 on my eBay watch list, complete. I forgot about it, because real-life stuff like work got in the way, and the auction ended and it sold, for $46.00. I just sold Radiant Historia for $48.65. Would have been perfect if I hadn't forgotten. :x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

I'm so pissed at myself. I had a copy of Mega Man Legends 2 on my eBay watch list, complete. I forgot about it, because real-life stuff like work got in the way, and the auction ended and it sold, for $46.00. I just sold Radiant Historia for $48.65. Would have been perfect if I hadn't forgotten. :x

Emerald_Warrior
Thats not worth being upset over. What's worth being upset over is when your game arrives in nothing but a yellow envelop, looking like a dog went at it for 40 minutes. I can't believe the packaging this seller used. Unbelievable. Going to leave my first, harsh, negative feedback.