PGD Lounge - The No Fuss, No Mess Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#551 lShadyl
Member since 2010 • 179 Posts
Wow, Sony making big movies, the Gaikai deal is interesting, but Seth Killian as a lead designer at Sony Santa Monica? Awesome! <3 that guy.MethodManFTW
I'm assuming you mean "big MOVES"? BTW, what's the Gaikai deal?
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#552 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Nah, movies. Spider-Man is coming out soon. Yeah... Do you not read gaming news? It's on like every site right now. :P But here it is, http://www.giantbomb.com/news/sony-getting-into-cloud-gaming-with-gaikai-purchase/4250/
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#553 lShadyl
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Nah, movies. Spider-Man is coming out soon. Yeah... Do you not read gaming news? It's on like every site right now. :P But here it is, http://www.giantbomb.com/news/sony-getting-into-cloud-gaming-with-gaikai-purchase/4250/

Okay, it made more sense to me in the context of the phrase, excited about Spider-Man? And, yes, I read gaming news, but I rarely ever browse other websites. Thanks for the link.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
[QUOTE="lShadyl"] I haven't played any Lego games, but are you sure there's nothing you need to do first? maybe sheathe your weapon or something if you're holding one?

It's not. I went through the game a few times with a checklist and it was definitely glitched.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#555 lShadyl
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="lShadyl"] I haven't played any Lego games, but are you sure there's nothing you need to do first? maybe sheathe your weapon or something if you're holding one?

It's not. I went through the game a few times with a checklist and it was definitely glitched.

Is it a persistent glitch or can you restart the level and get past it?
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#556 ExoticAnimal
[QUOTE="lShadyl"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="lShadyl"] I haven't played any Lego games, but are you sure there's nothing you need to do first? maybe sheathe your weapon or something if you're holding one?

Is it a persistent glitch or can you restart the level and get past it?

You have to start the game all over for that one student because it was in the castle and not in the levels which are separate. Haven't read of many people getting the glitch but saw a few with the same problem I did.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#557 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
It's in this video at 01:35. What do you think?lShadyl
The height does not seem that different, to be honest.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="lShadyl"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Nah, movies. Spider-Man is coming out soon. Yeah... Do you not read gaming news? It's on like every site right now. :P But here it is, http://www.giantbomb.com/news/sony-getting-into-cloud-gaming-with-gaikai-purchase/4250/

Okay, it made more sense to me in the context of the phrase, excited about Spider-Man? And, yes, I read gaming news, but I rarely ever browse other websites. Thanks for the link.

Yup yup, definitely Garfield and the script are better fit for Peter Parker.. The game has already spoiled pretty much the entire movie for me, and the trailers showed off (probably) the funniest parts of the movie, but still looking forward to it.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#559 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Sooner or later, Alli, I'm going to. :P

And I finally got infinite rocket launcher for Resident Evil 5. Awesome!

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#560 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Yup yup, definitely Garfield and the script are better fit for Peter Parker.. The game has already spoiled pretty much the entire movie for me, and the trailers showed off (probably) the funniest parts of the movie, but still looking forward to it.MethodManFTW

I heard on the Bombcast that the trailer for that movie literally spoiled the whole movie. That if you cut them altogether, you'd basically have seen the whole film. Really epitomizes the problems with how movies are advertised.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#561 MethodManFTW

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Yup yup, definitely Garfield and the script are better fit for Peter Parker.. The game has already spoiled pretty much the entire movie for me, and the trailers showed off (probably) the funniest parts of the movie, but still looking forward to it.c_rake

I heard on the Bombcast that the trailer for that movie literally spoiled the whole movie. That if you cut them altogether, you'd basically have seen the whole film. Really epitomizes the problems with how movies are advertised.

That's if you piece together all the trailers. They've released like 25 minutes of footage so far.. But yeah, I've just stopped watching trailers for movies I already know i am excited for.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562 lShadyl

You have to start all over for that one student because it was in the castle and not in the levels which are separate.ExoticAnimal
That's pretty annoying, but don't lose heart, try it again and give us feedback when you get past it. Good luck!
[QUOTE="lShadyl"] It's in this video at 01:35. What do you think?BranKetra
The height does not seem that different, to be honest.

You're right, it doesn't seem that different compared to Dead or Alive 4but it feels so much shorter compared toDead or Alive 2which was the one I had in mind when I was asking.

it's not the best video but it's the only one I could find with his Izuna Drop in Dead or Alive 2. Looks shorter now that you compare it with this one, doesn't it?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563 MethodManFTW
Anyone watch the show Weeds? Just watched the season 8 premiere.. That show is such a mind f*ck.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] You have to start all over for that one student because it was in the castle and not in the levels which are separate.lShadyl

That's pretty annoying, but don't lose heart, try it again and give us feedback when you get past it. Good luck!

I've moved on to Dark Souls but I did beat the game. Was just trying to get 100% completion so might try again in a few months since I'm tired of the game.
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#565 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Anyone watch the show Weeds? Just watched the season 8 premiere.. That show is such a mind f*ck.MethodManFTW
Yeah but I stopped watching after season 3 for some reason, great stuff.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#566 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
just got home, and me tired.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#567 branketra

You're right, it doesn't seem that different compared to Dead or Alive 4but it feels so much shorter compared toDead or Alive 2which was the one I had in mind when I was asking.

it's not the best video but it's the only one I could find with his Izuna Drop in Dead or Alive 2. Looks shorter now that you compare it with this one, doesn't it?

lShadyl
I suppose. To be honest, it is really not a big deal to me. As long as the inputs are the same or very similar to the previous games, I pretty much have no have no problem with the moves looking a little different.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#568 lShadyl
[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

BranKetra
I suppose. To be honest, it is really not a big deal to me. As long as the inputs are the same or very similar to the previous games, I pretty much have no have no problem with the moves looking a little different.

You have a point, and might I add, as long as it's as/more enjoyable.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569 lShadyl
just got home, and me tired. Allicrombie
Do you mind telling me how reports are handled? Are they sent out to all the online mods at the time or to a single random mod?
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#570 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
just got home, and me tired. Allicrombie
What'd you do?
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571 lShadyl

I'm thinking of getting into the Tom Clancy games starting with Splinter Cell, would anyone recommend it, and where should I start from?

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#572 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]just got home, and me tired. Yagr_Zero
What'd you do?

messed around with the evil relatives' new smart tv. used a bunch of their cd's to bump up my iTunes library.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#573 MethodManFTW

I'm thinking of getting into the Tom Clancy games starting with Splinter Cell, would anyone recommend it, and where should I start from?

lShadyl
The Splinter Cell series is great. I enjoyed them all, and there is no real tight narrative between the game so you can play however many ya want. Chaos Theory is wildly regarded as the best. Conviction is really fun too.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574 branketra
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="lShadyl"]

lShadyl

You have a point, and might I add, as long as it's as/more enjoyable.

Truer words have never been spoken.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#575 Allicrombie

lShadyl
They seem like good games, I'm just terrible at the stealth mechanic, I always trip an alarm or something and end up having to fight a hundred guys.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#576 ExoticAnimal
There needs to be more games like Dark/Demon's Souls.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#577 c_rakestraw  Moderator

There needs to be more games like Dark/Demon's Souls.ExoticAnimal

Agreed. Games would be so much more interesting if they lifted more from those two.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#578 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]There needs to be more games like Dark/Demon's Souls.c_rake

Agreed. Games would be so much more interesting if they lifted more from those two.

I think the problem me being bored of games these days is that everything is way too easy. The biggest problem are the checkpoints in most games. Just makes the games less challenging except the occasional spots here and there where it you might get challenged. I wish there was more games that had some kind of feature like the two games I mentioned above where there is a risk/reward feature such as progressing far in a level knowing the risk that if you die, you lose all your souls and only get once chance to get them back. Not every game can do this but would be nice to have something that challenges you and makes you slow down and play the game with caution instead of blazing through a level.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#579 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]There needs to be more games like Dark/Demon's Souls.ExoticAnimal

I think the problem me being bored of games these days is that everything is way too easy. The biggest problem are the checkpoints in most games. Just makes the games less challenging except the occasional spots here and there where it you might get challenged. I wish there was more games that had some kind of feature like the two games I mentioned above where there is a risk/reward feature such as progressing far in a level knowing the risk that if you die, you lose all your souls and only get once chance to get them back. Not every game can do this but would be nice to have something that challenges you and makes you slow down and play the game with caution instead of blazing through a level.

I go slow in every game, not my fault most gamers are in a hurry. =P
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#580 ExoticAnimal
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] I go slow in every game, not my fault most gamers are in a hurry. =P

lol Are you sure you're not taking breaks every 5 seconds? :P
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#581 Metamania

[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

MethodManFTW

The Splinter Cell series is great. I enjoyed them all, and there is no real tight narrative between the game so you can play however many ya want. Chaos Theory is wildly regarded as the best. Conviction is really fun too.

Yeah, I keep hearing that Chaos Theory is nothing but the best in the series. Conviction is a fantastic game if you wish to find a start in the series somewhere. If you own a PS3, make sure to pick up the Splinter Cell trilogy, then start from there.

lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#582 lShadyl

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="lShadyl"]

Metamania

Yeah, I keep hearing that Chaos Theory is nothing but the best in the series. Conviction is a fantastic game if you wish to find a start in the series somewhere. If you own a PS3, make sure to pick up the Splinter Cell trilogy, then start from there.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm probably gonna start out with Conviction and read what the prequels were all about.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#583 Metamania

Conviction is fantastic, man. Make sure you find a buddy for the co-op; it's insane and a whole lot of fun!

lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#584 lShadyl

Is it strange that my EXP level has been stuck at 95% for a couple of days if not a week now?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#585 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Yup yup, definitely Garfield and the script are better fit for Peter Parker.. The game has already spoiled pretty much the entire movie for me, and the trailers showed off (probably) the funniest parts of the movie, but still looking forward to it.c_rake

I've generally stopped doing this with video games and movies. If I already know I'm going to see the movie or play the game, I don't even watch many trailers or footage.

I stopped watching Assassin's Creed III stuff after the first CG trailer - and then only saw the E3 footage afterwords. Now I'm on a media black out. I did the same for The Dark Knight Rises, I've only seen the first real trailer and I saw the prologue before Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.

For The Amazing Spider-Man, I've only seen two trailers. I know I was going to see it anyway, and I've been reading about it online a bit so I know what to expect.

It's the best option :).

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#586 branketra

lShadyl
Yes. I do recommend it. Splinter Cell 1, then 2, then 3.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#587 lShadyl

[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

BranKetra

Yes. I do recommend it. Splinter Cell 1, then 2, then 3.

Your avatar keeps reminding me of Dead or Alive, and now I want them to make Ryu's costume as an avatar award!

By the way, thanks for the recommendation.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

Absolutely loving The Amazing Spiderman. If you're a fan of the previous free-roaming games, I strongly recommend this one.

Allicrombie

fancy seein' you round these here parts.

Hey lady. I hope all is well. I was just recently gifted a Macbook, so I'm making a triumphant return, or at least attempting to do so. :P

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589 Allicrombie

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

Absolutely loving The Amazing Spiderman. If you're a fan of the previous free-roaming games, I strongly recommend this one.

LikeHaterade

fancy seein' you round these here parts.

Hey lady. I hope all is well. I was just recently gifted a Macbook, so I'm making a triumphant return, or at least attempting to do so. :P

Oh good ! Nice to see you back again! I just bought a Macbook a couple months ago, loving it so far.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#590 LikeHaterade

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] fancy seein' you round these here parts.Allicrombie

Oh good ! Nice to see you back again! I just bought a Macbook a couple months ago, loving it so far.

Thanks pal. It's good to be back. Gener- Primary Games Discussion is sort of my home away from home.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#591 Metamania

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

LikeHaterade

Thanks pal. It's good to be back. Gener- Primary Games Discussion is sort of my home away from home.

Not to mention giving me a hard time when it happens pal! :P

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592 haziqonfire
I think I'm the only person here who doesn't use OS X or Windows. Probably the only mod at least.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#593 Allicrombie
I think I'm the only person here who doesn't use OS X or Windows. Probably the only mod at least.Haziqonfire
Non conformist! >.>
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#594 LikeHaterade

Metamania

I simply cannot help myself. :)

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#595 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

LikeHaterade

I simply cannot help myself. :)

Of course not! :)

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#596 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I think I'm the only person here who doesn't use OS X or Windows. Probably the only mod at least.Allicrombie
Non conformist! >.>

I'm the hipster who sits at Starbucks with his laptop that runs Linux. I only ask for water, no coffee. #hipster.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#597 yagr_zero
Playing Super Meat Boy makes me want to hate everything. *grumbles*
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#598 c_rakestraw  Moderator

Playing Super Meat Boy makes me want to hate everything. *grumbles*Yagr_Zero

Fun stuff, huh?

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#599 yagr_zero

Fun stuff, huh?

c_rake
God damn I hate that game. Yet I can't stop playing it!
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#600 c_rakestraw  Moderator

God damn I hate that game. Yet I can't stop playing it!Yagr_Zero

Same here. It's evil -- so very, very evil -- but so darn fun, too.

Only have a few levels left, actually.