PGD Lounge - The No Fuss, No Mess Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#451 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

The upgraded magnum, from what I understand, is the best gun in the game. I'm working on that now.

Metamania

I was talking about the deagle. Not the .357 which has a lot more power than any other handgun. Anyway, the infinite rocket launcher is easily the most powerful weapon in the game.

Yeah, I need to get infinite ammo on better guns before I attempt to go through the game on Amateur and beat it in under five hours to get infinite rocket launcher. And what's the deagle? Desert Eagle?

Yeah, that's it. If you do a normal playthrough and focus on one weapon at a time, you should be able to get at least two weapons fully upgraded. That will definitely be easier if you already have semi-upgraded weapons from the last time you played.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#452 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Bomb Monkey is pretty fun. I donno why, but I've been playing more puzzle games lately.Haziqonfire

Maybe because puzzle games are awesome?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#453 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Bomb Monkey is pretty fun. I donno why, but I've been playing more puzzle games lately.c_rake

Probably! I was never really a fan, but I've noticed I'm a lot more open with my gaming tastes as I become older. I'm pretty much open to any genre at this point :P.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#454 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
Speaking of puzzle games I am working on my 2nd playthrough of Catherine. Trying to unlock the Babel stages and beat them.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 branketra
Speaking of puzzle games I am working on my 2nd playthrough of Catherine. Trying to unlock the Babel stages and beat them.Swanogt19
I've noticed several people getting this game recently even though it came a while ago. I have been interested in it since I first heard about it, but I never got around to it. I might try that sometime. I also still need to play Arkham City and Mass Effect 3 once it drops in price another ten dollars.
naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#456 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts

Hey guys, does anybody still play BFBC2 here?

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#457 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
what're you guys doing tonight?? start playing minecraft again, i might. ChikaraShref
Lots and lots of games in need of doing. Bullet Run (meh), DUST (excited, if it weren't for a lexicon blocking my path), Walking Dead Ep2 (excited too), McGrath Offroad Then more SimCity social and Dungeon Rampage if I can. But first must write.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#458 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Well, I finally did it. I am now an Amazon Prime member. My free trial started today, but I wish I could just upgrade myself to a paid membership so that I don't have to worry about paying it off later on.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#459 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
Just got my apartment deposit refund so not sure if I want to take out $100 for the Steam Summer sale and put rest into the bank or put it all into stocks. Tough decision.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
Just got my apartment deposit refund so not sure if I want to take out $100 for the Steam Summer sale and put rest into the bank or put it all into stocks. Tough decision.ExoticAnimal
Wouldn't you need that for the next place you move into as a deposit? Sad but true fact. I have to take a loan every time I move since I never have 6-8k collecting dust and laying around. They always want first and last's month rent plus security and that is at least 6k or more here.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 branketra

naju890_963
No. Is it on PS3?
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 ExoticAnimal
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Just got my apartment deposit refund so not sure if I want to take out $100 for the Steam Summer sale and put rest into the bank or put it all into stocks. Tough decision.Dracula68
Wouldn't you need that for the next place you move into as a deposit? Sad but true fact. I have to take a loan every time I move since I never have 6-8k collecting dust and laying around. They always want first and last's month rent plus security and that is at least 6k or more here.

Nope. Just only need deposit of first month before moving in. Don't need last month's rent but it could vary from place to place. Not like it was that much. Just near $400. Plus I have tons invested in stocks so I can always sell a few shares to pay whatever it is I need.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 branketra
[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Bomb Monkey is pretty fun. I donno why, but I've been playing more puzzle games lately.Haziqonfire

Probably! I was never really a fan, but I've noticed I'm a lot more open with my gaming tastes as I become older. I'm pretty much open to any genre at this point :P.

I've always been open to different genres, including puzzle games.
naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#464 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts
[QUOTE="naju890_963"]

BranKetra
No. Is it on PS3?

On X360 and PS3.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 lShadyl
Member since 2010 • 179 Posts

[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

Oh, okay. And, to answer your question it depends on the thread you're locking, if it's violating any of the rules, then that's okay, but if you want to lock it just because you feel like it then that's wrong.

Dracula68

Can you elaborate on that a bit and give examples please?

I just got a huge nail taken out of my tire so I assume a user in PGD did that ****.

Well, for example, when some guy posts the same thread twice, or posts a thread asking for a recommendation when a thread is already there for that, it's completely fine to lock that thread. However, if someone starts a valid thread with a new topic to talk about and you lock the thread just because you don't like the topic or the TS, then that is not a good enough reason to lock the thread.

Did that clear up the confusion?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 branketra
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="naju890_963"]

naju890_963
No. Is it on PS3?

On X360 and PS3.

Okay. Well, no I haven't played it or any shooters on the PS3, really.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 lShadyl

[QUOTE="naju890_963"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] No. Is it on PS3?BranKetra
On X360 and PS3.

You should play Vanquish if you haven't done that already.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="naju890_963"]On X360 and PS3.lShadyl

You should play Vanquish if you haven't done that already.

That's already on my radar, but thanks for the tip, anyway.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 haziqonfire
I was just playing Mass Effect 3 and this happened
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 lShadyl

Also, a little feedback about Driver: San Francisco:

The game seems fine, I like the cutscene graphics, the idea is pretty new in the game industry especially in that genre.

[spoiler] the OOBE idea [/spoiler]

What I don't really like though is the handling, car handling is too arcade-y, other than that, all looks good so far.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I was just playing Mass Effect 3 and this happenedHaziqonfire
Lol, why did you make a video of that? :P I got stuck in the environment in ME, ME2 and ME3.. Luckily, those are the only bugs I encountered though.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 branketra

I was just playing Mass Effect 3 and this happenedHaziqonfire
Not sure I should watch that. I'm playing other games before I get on ME3 and I would rather avoid spoilers.

lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 lShadyl

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I was just playing Mass Effect 3 and this happenedBranKetra

Not sure I should watch that. I'm playing other games before I get on ME3 and I would rather avoid spoilers.

Exactly why I didn't watch it.

Has anyone here played Heavy Rain? all the reviews say it's good, and it seems really good to me, but since I don't have a PS3, I was just wondering about it since I might be borrowing one soon. (No spoilers, please!)

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 haziqonfire
There's not much of a spoiler, just Shepard getting stuck on a wall. I thought it was funny.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I was just playing Mass Effect 3 and this happenedlShadyl

Has anyone here played Heavy Rain? all the reviews say it's good, and it seems really good to me, but since I don't have a PS3, I was just wondering about it since I might be borrowing one soon. (No spoilers, please!)

No, but like you said, it's supposed to be a good one. Although, I'm not even sure what genre it falls into even after I watched the trailers. It seems more like a drama film than a video game to me. It's a greatest hits title now, so you can get it a decent price if you choose to buy it someday.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 MethodManFTW
Heavy Rain was awesome. Loved that game. Was so bummed they scrapped the DLC plans for move support. -.-
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 lShadyl

[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

BranKetra

No, but like you said, it's supposed to be a good one. Although, I'm not even sure what genre it falls into even after I watched the trailers. It seems more like a drama film than a video game to me. It's a greatest hits title now, so you can get it a decent price if you choose to buy it someday.

As I already said, I don't have a PS3, so I'll probably be borrowing the console and the game from a friend of mine.

Heavy Rain was awesome. Loved that game. Was so bummed they scrapped the DLC plans for move support. -.-MethodManFTW
I bet you forgot all about that when you saw Beyond: Two Souls though!

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="lShadyl"]

lShadyl

As I already said, I don't have a PS3, so I'll probably be borrowing the console and the game from a friend of mine.

I know you did. I was just telling you in case you ever do have a PS3.

lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 lShadyl

[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"] No, but like you said, it's supposed to be a good one. Although, I'm not even sure what genre it falls into even after I watched the trailers. It seems more like a drama film than a video game to me. It's a greatest hits title now, so you can get it a decent price if you choose to buy it someday.BranKetra

That's a long shot.

And the inFamous franchise, it looked pretty good in trailers, but so did the first Prototype, and they look alike in many ways to me.

Is it any different?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 MethodManFTW
I bet you forgot all about that when you saw Beyond: Two Souls though!lShadyl
Well, no... Interested to see what Beyond actually is though.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 lShadyl
[QUOTE="lShadyl"]I bet you forgot all about that when you saw Beyond: Two Souls though!MethodManFTW

It looked pretty promising.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="lShadyl"]I bet you forgot all about that when you saw Beyond: Two Souls though!lShadyl

It looked pretty promising.

Looked like a good trailer. I've seen lots of those. No reason to doubt Quantic Dream though, I really enjoyed Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="lShadyl"] As I already said, I don't have a PS3, so I'll probably be borrowing the console and the game from a friend of mine.

lShadyl

That's a long shot.

And the inFamous franchise, it looked pretty good in trailers, but so did the first Prototype, and they look alike in many ways to me.

Is it any different?

Okay then. I can't tell you one way or the other about InFamous and Prototype since I don't have either.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 lShadyl

@MethodManFTW

To be honest I haven't played any of their games, but Heavy Rain looked really good, and as they already said that want to give you a different emotional experience with every game they make, which sounds pretty good.

[QUOTE="lShadyl"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"] I know you did. I was just telling you in case you ever do have a PS3.

MethodManFTW

That's a long shot.

Is it any different?

Okay then. I can't tell you one way or the other about InFamous and Prototype since I don't have either.

Although, to me, Prototype didn't deliver the experience it promised, I would tell you to at least try it yourself, as it might have been a consequence of putting extremely high hopes on the game.

I'm not sure how to put this, but it just felt like they had a really HUGE concept and they weren't able to contain it right, if that makes any sense.

EDIT: For some reason my qutoes are breaking on this post.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
Wow. Arkham City is such a great game, how the hell did I not play it earlier >.>
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 lShadyl

Just finished Driver: San Francisco, it was a good game.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 NiKva
How come the bots are so hell-bent on making gamers watch sports?
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#488 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
Wow. Arkham City is such a great game, how the hell did I not play it earlier >.>NiKva
its an okay game.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 branketra

I forgot that I have to install Devil May Cry 4 to play it on the PS3. I love waiting for things to happen.

Waiting 2 hours for my system to update was also great.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 NiKva
[QUOTE="NiKva"]Wow. Arkham City is such a great game, how the hell did I not play it earlier >.>Allicrombie
its an okay game.

No Alli, its a GREAT GAME.
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 NiKva
Some 11 year old is spamming his awful Pokemon forum here. I've shat better forums than that one.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="NiKva"]Some 11 year old is spamming his awful Pokemon forum here. I've shat better forums than that one.

reminds me of angelfire
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#493 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="NiKva"]Some 11 year old is spamming his awful Pokemon forum here. I've shat better forums than that one.

yeah, sorry bout that, I purged the topics but forgot to suspend the guy lol.
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#494 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="NiKva"]Wow. Arkham City is such a great game, how the hell did I not play it earlier >.>NiKva
its an okay game.

No Alli, its a GREAT GAME.

Arkham Asylum >>>>> Arkham City
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 lShadyl

Ugh, just woke up with a bad hangover...except I didn't drink anything last night!

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 NiKva

Ugh, just woke up with a bad hangover...except I didn't drink anything last night!

lShadyl
Check your anus, you might have been raped.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 branketra

lShadyl
Too weird.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 lShadyl
[QUOTE="NiKva"][QUOTE="lShadyl"] Check your anus, you might have been raped.

[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

BranKetra
Too weird.

Tell me about it, btw like the new Hayabusa DP. We all know he's the all-time best-unrivaled ninja, also one of my favorite characters.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

Absolutely loving The Amazing Spiderman. If you're a fan of the previous free-roaming games, I strongly recommend this one.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 ExoticAnimal
I hate glitches that make it so you can't complete the game 100%. Not sure what to play next. Kinda burnt out on gaming now.