NSFW product from marketers who would starve to death in a just world

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]so maybe you two can each pick one up and stare at it and giggle, or whatever it is you do.GodModeEnabled
Obviously I am going to use it as the centerpiece of my necrophiliac shrine and masturbate furiously to its magnificence while sacrificing puppys to vile pagan gods. HAIL SATAN.

Thanks for skipping the description of the goat sex part.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#52 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"] Obviously I am going to use it as the centerpiece of my necrophiliac shrine and masturbate furiously to its magnificence while sacrificing puppys to vile pagan gods. HAIL SATAN.Black_Knight_00

It's posts like this that make me think we need to add a "not safe for work" tag to the board.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#53 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"] Obviously I am going to use it as the centerpiece of my necrophiliac shrine and masturbate furiously to its magnificence while sacrificing puppys to vile pagan gods. HAIL SATAN.c_rake

It's posts like this that make me think we need to add a "not safe for work" tag to the board.

Not safe for sanity
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#54 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Not safe for sanityBlack_Knight_00

That too. Especially that, actually.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
Personally I find it quite different playing a game where you hack up zombies and having a bikini-clad torso sitting on my shelf or whatever.Archangel3371
That's all fine and well, but let's keep things in perspective. You can think that a mutilated torso sitting on your shelf is pretty sick, you can think so while actually being fine with the violence in the game. Again, the context is different so it's not unnatural that you'd feel different. But consider this from the perspective of a non-gamer, or a gamer who doesn't like a lot of violence. He watches you hack up zombies while playing the game, and it's likely gonna look just as sick to him as the torso looks to you. That's not to say that he's right, it's not to say that he's wrong, it's not to say that both of you are equally right and wrong. But it's not like either of you is just being completely silly. You've both at least sort of got a valid point. It's like...there are people in this topic saying "man, that bust is messed up. Imagine what people would think if they saw that sitting on your shelf." Fair enough, but imagine what they'd think if they actually watched you play the game. If we're going to judge this kind of stuff based on how it looks to other people, then let's at least be consistent and realize that to an outsider, the violent content in the games themselves probably looks just as f***ed up. Don't be so dismissive of peoples' criticisms of violence in games. Alternatively, if we're gonna dismiss peoples' criticisms of violent games because WE like them, then the same sort of applies to stuff like this zombie bikini statue. If we like our violent games and don't give a $*** what the haters think, then the people who'd appreciate this zombie statue probably ALSO don't give a f*** what the haters think. In both cases, it's more a matter of "I'm buying this for myself, not for anyone else, and the hell with what they think about it." EDIT: Or let's sum it up this way. I actually DON'T think it's a cool statue. I think it's dumb and pretty tasteless. But...so what? I'll play a violent videogame, then I'll dismiss peoples' criticisms of it by saying "pfft, it doesn't matter what they think, I play what I want." In the exact same way, there's nothing wrong with me thinking that that statue is dumb as hell. But I've sort of got to recognize that it doesn't matter what I think in regards to someone else wanting it. Their criticisms of what I play don't matter to me, and in the exact same way my criticism of trashy novelty items like that mutilated torso don't matter to the people who think they are cool.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

I agree.

Ilovegames1992

I like horror games and movies, but I confess I don't take any pleasure in mutilation. A lot of horror movies and some games favor don't impress me because the characters are so thin (clearly created only to be dissected messily). I enjoyed horror games like the old Silent Hill games, Siren and The Walking Dead and horror movies like The Sixth Sense, Hellraiser, 28 Days Later and The Shining not so much because of the gruesomeness of the deaths/monsters, but the fact that they were were quality games and movies respectively which starred fleshed out characters, not just the movie equivalent of crash test dummies.

*Shrugs* According to the latest reports, its not clear that the torso is being cancelled so maybe you two can each pick one up and stare at it and giggle, or whatever it is you do.

There is so much pretentiousness in this post it saddens me.

Why is it wrong to like cool little paraphenelia. It has no relfection on what you appreciate as art. I too enjoy all the things you mention and prefer fleshed out characters and genuine horror to gore and jump scares. I don't really see the correlation. Playing the game Dead Island is just not bad, if not worse. And you obviouslt are not that averse to mutilation as you enjoy things like Silent Hill, Hellraiser and 28 Days Later, which are very heavy on shameless gratutious violence.

There is a model i wanted to get of a Predator standing above a dead Xenomorph with a pool of mashed up blood and gore where its head used to be, with the Predator holding the xenomorph head as a trophy.

That's because i like Predator and Alien, and its just a cool looking model.

I wouldn't stare at it and giggle. I don't know why people think thats what people do.

Hell i don't even want this thing as it looks weird but my god this is just such a non issue backed up with some serious pretentiousness. Its so strange.

Okay, let's work with your example.

A model of a predator holding the head of xenomorph over its decapitated body would tell people you like AVP. A model of a busty women with her arms, legs and head hacked off wouldn't make even people familiar with Dead Island think of Dead Island unless they were familiar with that particular promotion.

Surely you can see the difference between a tableau from a movie and a reproduction of a generic mutilated corpse?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Personally I find it quite different playing a game where you hack up zombies and having a bikini-clad torso sitting on my shelf or whatever.MrGeezer
That's all fine and well, but let's keep things in perspective. You can think that a mutilated torso sitting on your shelf is pretty sick, you can think so while actually being fine with the violence in the game. Again, the context is different so it's not unnatural that you'd feel different. But consider this from the perspective of a non-gamer, or a gamer who doesn't like a lot of violence. He watches you hack up zombies while playing the game, and it's likely gonna look just as sick to him as the torso looks to you. That's not to say that he's right, it's not to say that he's wrong, it's not to say that both of you are equally right and wrong. But it's not like either of you is just being completely silly. You've both at least sort of got a valid point. It's like...there are people in this topic saying "man, that bust is messed up. Imagine what people would think if they saw that sitting on your shelf." Fair enough, but imagine what they'd think if they actually watched you play the game. If we're going to judge this kind of stuff based on how it looks to other people, then let's at least be consistent and realize that to an outsider, the violent content in the games themselves probably looks just as f***ed up. Don't be so dismissive of peoples' criticisms of violence in games. Alternatively, if we're gonna dismiss peoples' criticisms of violent games because WE like them, then the same sort of applies to stuff like this zombie bikini statue. If we like our violent games and don't give a $*** what the haters think, then the people who'd appreciate this zombie statue probably ALSO don't give a f*** what the haters think. In both cases, it's more a matter of "I'm buying this for myself, not for anyone else, and the hell with what they think about it." EDIT: Or let's sum it up this way. I actually DON'T think it's a cool statue. I think it's dumb and pretty tasteless. But...so what? I'll play a violent videogame, then I'll dismiss peoples' criticisms of it by saying "pfft, it doesn't matter what they think, I play what I want." In the exact same way, there's nothing wrong with me thinking that that statue is dumb as hell. But I've sort of got to recognize that it doesn't matter what I think in regards to someone else wanting it. Their criticisms of what I play don't matter to me, and in the exact same way my criticism of trashy novelty items like that mutilated torso don't matter to the people who think they are cool.

The thing is I never dismissed anyone's opinions in any of my posts especially this one. All my posts were very clear and specific in simply portraying how I alone felt without even hinting at judging anyone else. Your post is an ill-suited response to anything that I posted.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MrGeezer
The thing is I never dismissed anyone's opinions in any of my posts especially this one. All my posts were very clear and specific in simply portraying how I alone felt without even hinting at judging anyone else. Your post is an ill-suited response to anything that I posted.Archangel3371
I'm reacting to the overall sentiment I seem to be getting from this community, your post is just a jumping off point.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]The thing is I never dismissed anyone's opinions in any of my posts especially this one. All my posts were very clear and specific in simply portraying how I alone felt without even hinting at judging anyone else. Your post is an ill-suited response to anything that I posted.MrGeezer
I'm reacting to the overall sentiment I seem to be getting from this community, your post is just a jumping off point.

Well you should just have posted it on it's own then as it really didn't apply to my two pretty basic posts.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MrGeezer
Well you should just have posted it on it's own then as it really didn't apply to my two pretty basic posts.Archangel3371
Actually, I think I'll continue to post however and wherever I want to post, and if you don't like it then that's your problem.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Well you should just have posted it on it's own then as it really didn't apply to my two pretty basic posts.MrGeezer
Actually, I think I'll continue to post however and wherever I want to post, and if you don't like it then that's your problem.

Not really a problem just in this instance I was suggesting it would probably have been better to have put your post up on it's own given the reasons for it. Qouting me implied that you wanted to have a discussion with me on things that I never said or implied.