Nintendo GameCube: Is it the most underrated game console of all time?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

I posted this on my personal blog a while ago, so I decided why not share it here? When the Nintendo GameCube launched in 2001, it was hated by a ton of people and I have no idea why. They say it was a bad console, and I don't know why that is either. It was my first game console as I got it back in 2003, and 10 years later, it still works like a champ. The GameCube may not have had the same third party support or great library as the PS2 did but it still had it's own great lineup of quality titles. It had great titles like Resident Evil 4, RE0, and REmake(only RE4 was not exclusive), had Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, the Metroid Prime games, 2 great Zelda games, Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, a great remake of Metal Gear Solid, and lots more. It didn't really have online capabilties, but it was still great in it's own right. It's too bad a lot of people didn't know this, because everyone was too busy playing the PlayStation 2! This console could have been a major power if gamers just gave it a chance. Like the Sega Dreamcast, the GameCube didn't fail gamers. Gamers just failed the GC like they did earlier with Sega's last hurrah. Do you think it is the most underrated console ever? Or is there another one more underrated? Or do you think it's tied with another console? Let me know. Thanks!

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts
I can't really think of any other that was as dismissed during it's time and then almost equally revered after the fact.. People grew up and actually looked at the games and realized there were a lot of good ones there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
I can't really think of any other that was as dismissed during it's time and then almost equally revered after the fact.. People grew up and actually looked at the games and realized there were a lot of good ones there.WreckEm711
I have a PS2 but I spend more time with my GameCube because it's my first console and if I was forced to only keep one console, it would be the GC.
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

No. The Sega Master System is.

quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

cant it the most underrated there so many underrrated consoles

the neo geo the turbo grafx the master system the 3do, and many more.

nekrothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nekrothing
Member since 2008 • 387 Posts

No, it was a terrible console and it deserves every bit of criticism that it gets, yet some people still think of it as an underappreciated gem.

The controller design was archaic and clunky, the system itself was prone to failure (especially the lens), its library consisted of your typical rehashed first-party Nintendo titles and "enhanced" ports, and those miniDVDs were a joke (not to mention a pain for developers). Nintendo's weakest console to date, without a doubt.

Canon-Gatorade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Canon-Gatorade
Member since 2013 • 153 Posts

No, it was a terrible console and it deserves every bit of criticism that it gets, yet some people still think of it as an underappreciated gem.

The controller design was archaic and clunky, the system itself was prone to failure (especially the lens), its library consisted of your typical rehashed first-party Nintendo titles and "enhanced" ports, and those miniDVDs were a joke (not to mention a pain for developers). Nintendo's weakest console to date, without a doubt.

nekrothing
First-Party titles that are not rehashed include: Luigis Mansion Melee F-Zero GX Kirby Air Ride Pikmin Wario World Starfox Adventures Metroid Prime Metroid Prime 2 Custom Robo Eternal Darkness Pokemon Colosseum and XD Battalion Wars Pikmin 2 Wario Ware Starfox assualt Super Mario Strikers(mario soccer game not a rehash.) Fire Emblem:Path of radiance That's near around 17 unique games that are not rehashed and tha'ts off the top of my head there are more. Not only that, but when you look at the gamecubes small library that's a nice number of titles not rehashed. Now the shape of the console and the controller, and the mistakes they made in design are a completely different issue, but I think the people in this thread are only talking about games. I would personally give the title, to the 7800, Master System, and TG-16.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

nekrothing
The controller was great, one of the most comfortable ones too. Obviously you've never owned a GameCube in your entire gaming career.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Looking back, it's easy to say that the Gamecube was underrated. The droughts that the console went through during its lifespan was terrible.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

No, it gets plenty of love.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I'd say the Sega Saturn was underrated. The GC was bashed a lot in the past but now a lot of people loved it (at least from what I've seen on the internet).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Looking back, it's easy to say that the Gamecube was underrated. The droughts that the console went through during its lifespan was terrible.hiphops_savior
I have to agree. Sony fanboys killed the GameCube.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

I'd say the Sega Saturn was underrated. The GC was bashed a lot in the past but now a lot of people loved it (at least from what I've seen on the internet).

Seabas989
I'm actually thinking about getting a Saturn later in the year.
nekrothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nekrothing

First-Party titles that are not rehashed include: Luigis Mansion Melee F-Zero GX Kirby Air Ride Pikmin Wario World Starfox Adventures Metroid Prime Metroid Prime 2 Custom Robo Eternal Darkness Pokemon Colosseum and XD Battalion Wars Pikmin 2 Wario Ware Starfox assualt Super Mario Strikers(mario soccer game not a rehash.) Fire Emblem:Path of radiance That's near around 17 unique games that are not rehashed and tha'ts off the top of my head there are more. Not only that, but when you look at the gamecubes small library that's a nice number of titles not rehashed. Now the shape of the console and the controller, and the mistakes they made in design are a completely different issue, but I think the people in this thread are only talking about games. I would personally give the title, to the 7800, Master System, and TG-16.Canon-Gatorade

Quality over quantity, most of those games range from bad to mediocre. The "best" games on the GameCube were nothing but your typical first-party Nintendo games and ports.

The controller was great, one of the most comfortable ones too. Obviously you've never owned a GameCube in your entire gaming career.GSJones1994

Obviously you're blinded by nostalgia and only want people to agree with you so you can feel better about yourself.

The GameCube controller design was terrible, especially compared to the Xbox and PS2 controllers. Typical Nintendo stuck in the past, trying to stick with that cruddy N64 controller design. Typical Nintendo stuck in the past, they still refused to fully adopt the standard DVD format, opting for those miniDVDs with pitiful amounts of storage capacity instead.

Canon-Gatorade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Canon-Gatorade

[QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"]First-Party titles that are not rehashed include: Luigis Mansion Melee F-Zero GX Kirby Air Ride Pikmin Wario World Starfox Adventures Metroid Prime Metroid Prime 2 Custom Robo Eternal Darkness Pokemon Colosseum and XD Battalion Wars Pikmin 2 Wario Ware Starfox assualt Super Mario Strikers(mario soccer game not a rehash.) Fire Emblem:Path of radiance That's near around 17 unique games that are not rehashed and tha'ts off the top of my head there are more. Not only that, but when you look at the gamecubes small library that's a nice number of titles not rehashed. Now the shape of the console and the controller, and the mistakes they made in design are a completely different issue, but I think the people in this thread are only talking about games. I would personally give the title, to the 7800, Master System, and TG-16.nekrothing

Quality over quantity, most of those games range from bad to mediocre. The "best" games on the GameCube were nothing but your typical first-party Nintendo games and ports.

The controller was great, one of the most comfortable ones too. Obviously you've never owned a GameCube in your entire gaming career.GSJones1994

Obviously you're blinded by nostalgia and only want people to agree with you so you can feel better about yourself.

The GameCube controller design was terrible, especially compared to the Xbox and PS2 controllers. Typical Nintendo stuck in the past, trying to stick with that cruddy N64 controller design. Typical Nintendo stuck in the past, they still refused to fully adopt the standard DVD format, opting for those miniDVDs with pitiful amounts of storage capacity instead.

Compared to Sony's first-party? Which has more quantity, so are you saying the Gamecube had more quality? Also, those games are rated quite well actually unless you are using your personal opinion as general consensus which makes no sense.
nekrothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nekrothing

Compared to Sony's first-party? Which has more quantity, so are you saying the Gamecube had more quality?Canon-Gatorade

Both the Xbox and PS2 were far more technically advanced than the GameCube, in every regard. Both the Xbox and PS2 had far better libraries than the GameCube, for every genre. When compared to its competition, the GameCube pales in comparison. When you judge it by its own merits, it's nothing but a prime example of how Nintendo was still stuck in the past.

Also, those games are rated quite well actually unless you are using your personal opinion as general consensus which makes no sense.Canon-Gatorade

All ratings are personal opinion, unless you think one person's opinion has more validity than another's, which makes no sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

[QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"]First-Party titles that are not rehashed include: Luigis Mansion Melee F-Zero GX Kirby Air Ride Pikmin Wario World Starfox Adventures Metroid Prime Metroid Prime 2 Custom Robo Eternal Darkness Pokemon Colosseum and XD Battalion Wars Pikmin 2 Wario Ware Starfox assualt Super Mario Strikers(mario soccer game not a rehash.) Fire Emblem:Path of radiance That's near around 17 unique games that are not rehashed and tha'ts off the top of my head there are more. Not only that, but when you look at the gamecubes small library that's a nice number of titles not rehashed. Now the shape of the console and the controller, and the mistakes they made in design are a completely different issue, but I think the people in this thread are only talking about games. I would personally give the title, to the 7800, Master System, and TG-16.nekrothing

I'm not blinded by nostalgia. I own the damn system and I know the controller is great. It's very comfy and easy to use and it was designed pretty fine. Also, the miniDVDs may have been small, but it was enough to get most games on there. It was my first console and I was proud to own it, still works after 10 years now. The GC controller was great. And a ton better compared to other controllers out there. I thought it was great, like it or not.
Canon-Gatorade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Canon-Gatorade

[QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"]Compared to Sony's first-party? Which has more quantity, so are you saying the Gamecube had more quality?nekrothing

Both the Xbox and PS2 were far more technically advanced than the GameCube, in every regard. Both the Xbox and PS2 had far better libraries than the GameCube, for every genre. When compared to its competition, the GameCube pales in comparison. When you judge it by its own merits, it's nothing but a prime example of how Nintendo was still stuck in the past.

Also, those games are rated quite well actually unless you are using your personal opinion as general consensus which makes no sense.Canon-Gatorade

All ratings are personal opinion, unless you think one person's opinion has more validity than another's, which makes no sense.

Am I the only one who read this? Please tell me I am not the only one that read this? Also, yes they are all personal opinion, but you used yours as a general consensus before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
[QUOTE="nekrothing"]

[QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"]

[QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"]Also, those games are rated quite well actually unless you are using your personal opinion as general consensus which makes no sense.Canon-Gatorade

Am I the only one who read this? Please tell me I am not the only one that read this? Also, yes they are all personal opinion, but you used yours as a general consensus before.

I know, right?
BlendThree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BlendThree
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

I fully support the theory that the biggest flaw with the system was simply a matter of poor timing.. The 6th Generation was laced with good hardware offerings (Dreamcast, Gamecube) that had the misfortune of attempting to compete against the PS2 juggernaut.  By no means did Nintendo make any fatal flaws with the hardware or even the quality of the content offered for it; Sony just had a better thumb on the pulse of the industry at the time.

I am certain Nintendo would have encountered equally disastrous results (maybe worse even) in the 7th Generation as well had they not gambled (and won) on the motion control gimmick with the Wii.  Of course later on we would be treated to fantastic versions of all the Nintendo franchises we know and love on the system (New Super Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong Country, Zelda) but it was the uniqueness of the motion control element that put the hardware in so many homes initially.

Then in that line of reasoning, perhaps the Gamecube's biggest flaw is that it was simply too traditional for its own good- it failed to captivate the masses enough to sway them away from Sony even if it did offer quite a solid collection of first party software.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

I fully support the theory that the biggest flaw with the system was simply a matter of poor timing.. The 6th Generation was laced with good hardware offerings (Dreamcast, Gamecube) that had the misfortune of attempting to compete against the PS2 juggernaut.  By no means did Nintendo make any fatal flaws with the hardware or even the quality of the content offered for it; Sony just had a better thumb on the pulse of the industry at the time.

I am certain Nintendo would have encountered equally disastrous results (maybe worse even) in the 7th Generation as well had they not gambled (and won) on the motion control gimmick with the Wii.  Of course later on we would be treated to fantastic versions of all the Nintendo franchises we know and love on the system (New Super Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong Country, Zelda) but it was the uniqueness of the motion control element that put the hardware in so many homes initially.

Then in that line of reasoning, perhaps the Gamecube's biggest flaw is that it was simply too traditional for its own good- it failed to captivate the masses enough to sway them away from Sony even if it did offer quite a solid collection of first party software.

BlendThree
It's really sad that it was ignored. It could have been a real competitor but since everyone became Sony fanboys, it just HAD to be ignored.
nekrothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nekrothing

[QUOTE="BlendThree"]

GSJones1994

It's really sad that it was ignored. It could have been a real competitor but since everyone became Sony fanboys, it just HAD to be ignored.

People ignored the GameCube because it was a pitiful system. Nintendo was stuck in the past, and their console suffered the consequences. If people wanted a real console, they either got an Xbox or a PS2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

[QUOTE="GSJones1994"][QUOTE="BlendThree"]

nekrothing

People ignored the GameCube because it was a pitiful system. Nintendo was stuck in the past, and their console suffered the consequences. If people wanted a real console, they either got an Xbox or a PS2.

So you must think the Dreamcast is a pitiful system too, right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Nintendo was stuck in the past during the N64 era, because former president Yamauchi thought that CDs were the works of Satan.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I would say that the gamecube would have done much better if it used full size DVD's The Gamecube was a decent console. Nintendo should have released the Panasonic Q Gamecube worldwide.

The purple color of the gamecube using mini DVD's killed it. Nintendo Gamecube should have included DVD playback out of the box. That is why Sony playstation 2 got off the a massive start. MS xbox did the same mistake, Not many people bought the DVD playback dongle.

The Gamecube was Nintendo's powerful console but color and media playback were more important than Nintendo thought at the time.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178849 Posts
No. Both the Sega Saturn and the Sega Dreamcast were more underrated.
NinjaLegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NinjaLegacy
Member since 2012 • 189 Posts

It is very underrated.

nekrothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nekrothing

So you must think the Dreamcast is a pitiful system too, right?GSJones1994

No, but the Sega Saturn is. It's even worse than the GameCube.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I would disagree. While I do believe it didn't receive the love that previous Nintendo systems got, it was still liked among a lot of people when it was Nintendo's current system. It has definitely gained more notice since being replaced though, and many of its games, some that many overlooked, have become highly acclaimed and sought after. 

If I had to pick one system that was severely underrated, it would be the Saturn. Many, many people back when it was released and still to this day overlooked so many great games because of the issues the console had in sales and other areas. When people try to make a system look like a failure, they often use the Saturn as an example. Just goes to show you how misinformed and under appreciated the Saturn really is.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

As much as I love the 64, the gamecube has the most amazing exclusive lineup of any console to date I think.  Granted the 64 has two of my favorite games, but gamecube has way more amazing ones, albeit maybe not masterpieces (10's).  So yes I love it and think it is underrated.  

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#31 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41537 Posts

I would disagree. While I do believe it didn't receive the love that previous Nintendo systems got, it was still liked among a lot of people when it was Nintendo's current system. It has definitely gained more notice since being replaced though, and many of its games, some that many overlooked, have become highly acclaimed and sought after. 

If I had to pick one system that was severely underrated, it would be the Saturn. Many, many people back when it was released and still to this day overlooked so many great games because of the issues the console had in sales and other areas. When people try to make a system look like a failure, they often use the Saturn as an example. Just goes to show you how misinformed and under appreciated the Saturn really is.

Shenmue_Jehuty

No, it wasn't. It didn't get "liked" until the Wii came out. It got similar third game exclusivity backlash the Wii U currently gets. That's how much people hated it back then. 

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

[QUOTE="GSJones1994"]So you must think the Dreamcast is a pitiful system too, right?nekrothing

No, but the Sega Saturn is. It's even worse than the GameCube.

And why do you think that? 

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts
I'd say the xbox is a bit more underrated. There are many vids on youtube of the gc but barely of the xbox. Also ppl seem to think it only had pc games and no exclusives. So, for that reason, xbox is more underrated. The DC has to be one of the most overrated consoles though.
silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 silent_bomber
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts

Gamecube is overrated.

Nintendo coasted along during this era rehashing their core franchises and praying for belated PS2 ports.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178849 Posts
I'd say the xbox is a bit more underrated. There are many vids on youtube of the gc but barely of the xbox. Also ppl seem to think it only had pc games and no exclusives. So, for that reason, xbox is more underrated. The DC has to be one of the most overrated consoles though.Kaszilla
The Xbox is definitely not underrated.
Eduspcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 5

#37 Eduspcloud
Member since 2005 • 175 Posts

In my opinion the PC Engine, Sega Saturn and the first Xbox are more underrated.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nintendoboy16

In my opinion the PC Engine, Sega Saturn and the first Xbox are more underrated.

Eduspcloud

How is the first XBOX more underrated than the GameCube? That was among one of the most played platforms, alongside the PlayStation 2 at the time.  Not to mention, it sold more.

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Exceed20XX
Member since 2011 • 817 Posts

It's likely the most underrated Nintendo console, but I don't think overall.

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts

[QUOTE="Eduspcloud"]

nintendoboy16

How is the first XBOX more underrated than the GameCube? That was among one of the most played platforms, alongside the PlayStation 2 at the time.  Not to mention, it sold more.

The GC gets more attention nowadays.
Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CaptainGamespot
Member since 2013 • 616 Posts
No, i don't think the gamecube is most underrated. I owned it since launch, it was what it was imo, decent, but lacking, but fun exclusives, but not most underrated. Probably the neo geo or sega dreamcast gets that award.
Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CaptainGamespot
Member since 2013 • 616 Posts

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

nintendoboy16

No, it wasn't. It didn't get "liked" until the Wii came out. It got similar third game exclusivity backlash the Wii U currently gets. That's how much people hated it back then. 

so did n64, but in all fairness, were you old enough in 2001 to objectively measure the likability of the GC during that time frame. retrospect is so easy, but lacks context of the times.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

CaptainGamespot

so did n64, but in all fairness, were you old enough in 2001 to objectively measure the likability of the GC during that time frame. retrospect is so easy, but lacks context of the times.

No, but I was in Jr. High and whenever someone talked about the GameCube, you were made fun of for owning that and not a PS2/XBOX.

Funny, I recall being told N64 getting a bit more praise than the GameCube ever did. I don't recall games like Turok and various Star Wars games (wierdly enough the GameCube Rogue Squadron games didn't get this either, despite the first game being multiplatform, on PC) getting flak for being on Nintendo systems, unlike RE series (GameCube) and Bayonetta 2 (Wii U).

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#44 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

No, it gets plenty of love.

Renegade_Fury

exactly.  and it also has it's flaws.  such as strange little discs instead of CD or DVDs,  lack of network play, and poor 3rd party support.  The GC is the 3rd best console of it's generation.   It's still a great system, but I wouldnt say it's very underrated.  I like a few games on it, but it's just nintendo's first console that wasnt really trying to compete with other consoles as much.  at least thats my opinion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

[QUOTE="Eduspcloud"]

nintendoboy16

The Xbox did sell more, but not by a whole lot. It still got smushed by the PS2.
silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 silent_bomber

GameCube was an OK console that got OK sales, nothing to see here.

People making out it was something special are overrating it in my opinion, Dreamcast achieved as much, if not more in 2 years than the GameCube did in 4 years, thats pretty damning as far as I'm concerned.

Avatar image for Holyspirit-Xbox
Holyspirit-Xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Holyspirit-Xbox
Member since 2013 • 271 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Eduspcloud"]

GSJones1994

The Xbox did sell more, but not by a whole lot. It still got smushed by the PS2.

The Gamecube had 3 years to outsell the Xbox with the machine dead, so i consider the gap in sales a lot. The Gamecube is not underrated nor is it overrated, it may have had some games, but are not holy enough to gain anything. The system had tons of problems and it was managed poorly, and the games sometimes suffered because of this. Thou dust is not to claim that the Gamecube is bad, but it is not of the holiest of holy and was not chosen to be baptized by the trinity.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

The Gamecube had the best game of the entire generation....Metroid Prime

With the sequel to that game, Eternal Darkness, Skies of Arcadia Legends (improved over Dreamcast version), Paper Mario, Wind Waker, and the full suite of relevant Resident Evil games (RE0, REmake, RE2, RE3, Code Veronica:X, RE4), GC was defintely underrated

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Of course, it has some of the best games ever created, one of the best controllers ever (a big factor in my enjoyment of a console), and also; gameboy player

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 silent_bomber

The Gamecube had the best game of the entire generation....Metroid PrimeAFBrat77

It was good, but back in the day it wasn't even my favourite GameCube game, let alone favourite of the generation.

At the time I got much more fun out of Timesplitters 2, Smash Bros Melee, and F-Zero GX.