Legacy System recommendation thread.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AbbyAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#501 AbbyAW
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
ive played almost half the games your mentioned and really enjoyed them. i will buy the other half since i think i like the same stuff you do :)
wulfshelmut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#502 wulfshelmut
Member since 2009 • 77 Posts

KOTOR 1 (xbox)

KOTOR 2 (xbox)

Morrowind Gotty (xbox)

Deus Ex: Invisible war (xbox)

Men Of Valor (Xbox)

Soldier of Fortune 2 (xbox)

Soldier of Fortune (ps2)

Deus ex (ps2)

Baldurs gate 1 and 2 (ps2, Great western Action RPGs hard to find 2 now)

ColdCactusKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#503 ColdCactusKing
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Ok so i just recently accuired my first PS2 and im wondering what the best RPGs for it were the whole reason for getting this system is that i didnt have a console gaming system and as a gamer not having video games is retarded and im a big RPG gamer. Not to sure what im looking for here but final fantasy XII is at the top of my list any others? oh and deus ex is just a must buy i had it for PC and fell in love.
anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#504 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts

for jrpg, must buys are:

persona 3 fes (make sure it has fes, since this version have an additional bonus content)

persona 4

ffx and ffx2 (aside from ff12)

dragon quest 8

rogue galaxy

dark cloud 2 (it doesnt matter if you dont get dark cloud 1. little to no relation at all)

tales of the abyss

kingdom hearts series all 3

grandia 3

disgaea 1 and 2

---------------------------------

worth a try/look:

shadow hearts series

shin megami tensei: nocturne

smt: digital devil saga 1 and 2 (only if you like nocture)

star ocean 3

-------------wrpg--------------

i havent check this yet but they have a decent review lol.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance I

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II

Champions of Norrath

Champions: Return to Arms

Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone

Animeleague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#505 Animeleague

for jrpg, must buys are:

persona 3 fes (make sure it has fes, since this version have an additional bonus content)

persona 4

dragon quest 8

rogue galaxy

dark cloud 2 (it doesnt matter if you dont get dark cloud 1. little to no relation at all)

tales of the abyss

grandia 3

disgaea 1 and 2

worth a try/look:

shadow hearts series

star ocean 3

Champions of Norrath

anbu-black-ops
I wouldn't consider FFX a must buy, and FFX-2 was pure rubbish as a game goes. Kingdom Heart is also pretty low key as far as JRPGs go as it gets repetitive and the story is nowhere near as indepth as is the genres standard. All the western rpgs you listed are great games and worth a play. Demon Stone has about the best narrator ever, Patrick Stewart, which really lends to the game as I generally wish my narrators would shut up. Aside from Star Ocean 3, mostly because I feel the series has gone down hill since SO: Second Story, your worth a look are considered some of the best JRPGs out there. However this list lacks mention of Wild Arms, Breath of Fire IV, Valkyrie Profile 2, the Tales series (Tales of Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia to name a few) and many other well reviewed JRPGs
anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506 anbu-black-ops
[QUOTE="Animeleague"][QUOTE="anbu-black-ops"]

for jrpg, must buys are:

persona 4

dragon quest 8

rogue galaxy

tales of the abyss

grandia 3

disgaea 1 and 2

worth a try/look:

shadow hearts series

star ocean 3

Champions of Norrath

I wouldn't consider FFX a must buy, and FFX-2 was pure rubbish as a game goes. Kingdom Heart is also pretty low key as far as JRPGs go as it gets repetitive and the story is nowhere near as indepth as is the genres standard. All the western rpgs you listed are great games and worth a play. Demon Stone has about the best narrator ever, Patrick Stewart, which really lends to the game as I generally wish my narrators would shut up. Aside from Star Ocean 3, mostly because I feel the series has gone down hill since SO: Second Story, your worth a look are considered some of the best JRPGs out there. However this list lacks mention of Wild Arms, Breath of Fire IV, Valkyrie Profile 2, the Tales series (Tales of Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia to name a few) and many other well reviewed JRPGs

i am a big wild arms fan, but the wild arms series is a very average rpg that may not appeal that much to those who are new to the series imo, so i didnt include it. breath of fire 4 is on the ps1, he is looking for ps2 games (but i love that game though) bof dragon quarters was lame though with the dragon counter is it? that goes down everytime you walk. that was a big let down for me, so i didnt suggest it. valkyrie profile 2 i wasnt sure though...the tales series only one is worth a look on the ps2, the ones you mention are on another gaming console. and ffx is a must buy imo. it received high reviews and most people like it over ff12 i hear. he is looking for a rpg and what way to start than to get ffx since he is getting ff12. and i just throw in ffx2 since it is connected and a sequel sort of. kingdom hearts on the other hand is a must buy. its good especially if your a final fantasy fan and a disney fan. its a cool crossover. if you can give him a better recommendation than mine feel free. wrpg i have no idea lol.
uglypinkmoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#507 uglypinkmoose
Member since 2008 • 1330 Posts
Which Harvest moon game for the GC is the best for a newcomer to the series?TAKE_IT_BACK
"A Wonderful Life" is the only harvest moon game i think is good on the gamecube.... the harvest moon series started going down hill after that
Pablo198989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508 Pablo198989
Anybody can help me (geez) how i can import saves from gamefaqs to my Gran Turismo 4 game, i got portable disc on USB, i put on him saves but i cant load him.
anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#509 anbu-black-ops
^^ its best you start a new topic on this one instead of posting here imo. alot of people will be able to see it and help you. also i am curious too. i think you need a device that reads your ps2 memroy card im assuming.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#510 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts
Hello! I'm planning to get my own PS2 sometime soon (have no idea when it's gonna be), and I would like to ask what games are most recommendable to you in these categories: Platformer: RPG (any kind): Third-First Person Shooter: Fighting: There are other genres I like too, but those are there for now.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#511 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
has anyone ever played Demon Stone and can recommend it as a good game? hows the story? gameplay???
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#512 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

Hello! I'm planning to get my own PS2 sometime soon (have no idea when it's gonna be), and I would like to ask what games are most recommendable to you in these categories: Platformer: RPG (any kind): Third-First Person Shooter: Fighting: There are other genres I like too, but those are there for now.nintendoboy16

sorry didnt play many platformers although i would say rachet and clank or jak and daxter
RPG-Final Fantasy X, Star Ocean: Till the end of Time, Xenosaga Series
Third Person Shooter-Resident Evil 4, Mercenaries or Psi-Ops
Fighting-Tekken(doesnt matter theyre all good)Soul Calibur 3,

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#513 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Hello! I'm planning to get my own PS2 sometime soon (have no idea when it's gonna be), and I would like to ask what games are most recommendable to you in these categories: Platformer: RPG (any kind): Third-First Person Shooter: Fighting: There are other genres I like too, but those are there for now.spawnassasin

sorry didnt play many platformers although i would say rachet and clank or jak and daxter
RPG-Final Fantasy X, Star Ocean: Till the end of Time, Xenosaga Series
Third Person Shooter-Resident Evil 4, Mercenaries or Psi-Ops
Fighting-Tekken(doesnt matter theyre all good)Soul Calibur 3,

the xenosaga series was a kick in the sack to anyone that played and loved xenogears...

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#514 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

Hello! I'm planning to get my own PS2 sometime soon (have no idea when it's gonna be), and I would like to ask what games are most recommendable to you in these categories: Platformer: RPG (any kind): Third-First Person Shooter: Fighting: There are other genres I like too, but those are there for now.nintendoboy16

Platformer: Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Mega Man X Collection

RPG: Valkyrie Profile 2,Persona 4, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

Fighting: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. I would only get fighting games if you have other people to play with, but VF4 has a really good single player mode that does its best to simulate the arcade environment.

Other games I suggest: Culdcept, Shadow of Rome, Okami.

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515 anbu-black-ops

judging from your ava. i think you will enjoy naruto accel ultimate hero 4 and dbz budokai 3 or infinite world. they are both really good easy to pick up solid fighting games.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516 nintendoboy16
Thanks for the recommendations. I've played a few games on PS2 before, but I never owned one myself. My parents did, but it was THEIR PS2. Can't wait to get my own and get the games I want for it. Thanks again!
jamethomasn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#517 jamethomasn
the gamerboy53 have done a nice job I will appreciate him these are some of my favorite ps2 games that I like most
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

Alright, I've put $120 (AU) down on Mass Effect 2 & bought ME1. I played ME1 3 times in 4 days, clocking in 56 hours, to get the save ready for ME2 & have realised I've burnt myself out on ME. There is still 10 days before ME2 is released, but I've started thinking of using the cash to buy a PS2 instead, then another $20 for Persona 3, which I've heard so much about. I have owned a PS2 before & played plenty of PS2 games but never even heard of the Persona series until now, & it sounds awesome. I would also buy Persona 4 & Okami down the line. I might also pick up some other games, even ones I didn't finish when I had a PS2 such as FFX, RE4, SotC.

The thing is, I plan on buying a PS3 late this year, and I'm not sure if they might bring out a Slim model with BC. Basically, should I give up ME2 (collectors edition!), even though I'm sure I'll want it sometime down the line, for a PS2 & Persona 3 (And P4 & Okami)?

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519 anbu-black-ops
if you really like the stuff that comes with the collectors edition of ME2, then you have to get it. otherwise its gonna be hard to find it in the future and expensive (on ebay). im not sure about a new slim ps3 with a bc being released anytime soon. i havent heard about any rumors of it though, so chances are it might not come out this year or anytime soon. for now just save your money for a ps3 and skip ps2. you can always buy a used ps2 cheap anytime. cause if you buy a ps2 now, chances are you gonna end up buying acouple of games (maybe alot) and might hurt your budget for a ps3 , if not its ok. but if you do decide to get a ps2 at the end, make sure you get persona 3 FES version and not the regular persona 3 cause it has some added content. btw i see you have a x360. just get some games there to pass the time until you can get a ps3. maybe bayonetta or something. cause once you get a ps3, chances are you might not game that much on your ps2 since youll be gaming alot on your ps3. so it would be better to get a ps2 maybe after you get a ps3. but if you are not planning to get a ps3 and decides to wait for a ps3 with bc, then get a ps2. hope you didnt get confused. lol. sorry if its not much help. and good luck.
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#520 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

I've never played the Shadow Hearts games before. Does anyone recommend all three games? If it helps, I like a lot of gameplay in RPGs, not concerned too much with story. I like combat systems that are involving (for example, I really enjoyed Valkyrie Profile 2's combat system).

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521 anbu-black-ops

1 and 2 are connected. 3 not so much (takes place in a different timeline). this game is made by ex-square workers so its good and worth alook. the battle system is fun too. i recommend getting the first 2 games and getting the 3rd game last or maybe later.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523 nintendoboy16
Hey guys! Another PS2 recommendation question. Are there any PS2 games similar to Star Fox? I know there are games that are platformers (such as Jak and Ratchet games), and Zelda-esque games (Beyond Good and Evil), but I am wondering if there are also any games similar to Star Fox.
TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

Hey guys! Another PS2 recommendation question. Are there any PS2 games similar to Star Fox? I know there are games that are platformers (such as Jak and Ratchet games), and Zelda-esque games (Beyond Good and Evil), but I am wondering if there are also any games similar to Star Fox.nintendoboy16

If you want a good air plane combat game, then go with the Ace Combat games, I've played and enjoyed all of them.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#525 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
has anyone ever played Demon Stone and can recommend it as a good game? hows the story? gameplay???slvrraven9
I got the game a while ago, but I haven't played it much. A few days ago, I actually pulled it from my shelf and put it in the play soon pile. When I start it up, I'll let you know how it goes.
DCSchark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#526 DCSchark
Member since 2009 • 5283 Posts

I love SmackDown vs. Raw, but I want to buy a GREAT SvR. Any ideas? (I don't like the ol' SmackDown Series, sorry!:D)

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#527 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
I am trying to decide between three games on the Xbox, so which one? BLACK, Peter Jackson's King Kong or Burnout Revenge. They all look great but which one should I get first? Thanks
waffle57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528 waffle57
Member since 2008 • 1307 Posts
So I just got a PS2, I like JRPGs, action adventure games like GoW and KH, platformers (Klonoa 2 > all) and the like. Any suggestions?
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#529 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I am trying to decide between three games on the Xbox, so which one? BLACK, Peter Jackson's King Kong or Burnout Revenge. They all look great but which one should I get first? ThanksTheColbert
Well, those are three good games. I would recommend based upon your genre preferences. King Kong is a really immersive survival horror game. Burnout Revenge is a fun arcade racer. I didn't really get into Black when I played the first two levels, but it looked like it had great potential.
hassanfadil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531 hassanfadil
Member since 2003 • 1051 Posts
I've been thinking about getting Fatal Frame 2 for the original Xbox, do i need to play FF1 in order to understand the story, if so is FF1 a good game. thanx in advance :)
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#532 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

What are the Killer games on ps2?

Like shadow of the colossus, gta sa, gow, ico

can u people name me games like that that i would want to play on my PS3

and yes that is ps3- as in pee-ess-three

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#533 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I still have a PS2 with only 4 games, and I recently saw Ratchet & Clank 1, 2 and 3 in the store for €12,50 is. Is it worth getting all three of them next month?

dantenero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534 dantenero1

I still have a PS2 with only 4 games, and I recently saw Ratchet & Clank 1, 2 and 3 in the store for €12,50 is. Is it worth getting all three of them next month?

DraugenCP

Ratchet & Clank is one of my favourite series... if you like platforms with rpg elements, this is your game

ginger1coco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535 ginger1coco
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts

just picked up a ps2...whats a good third person shooter game to get.

gbpackers94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#536 gbpackers94
Member since 2008 • 685 Posts
I have an 360 and backwards compatable PS3. I own FFX, FFXII, and Dragonquest VIII. I started all three and thought they were kind of boring but I can see why people like them. My question is are there any gateway JRPGs that can lead me into the genre? Like one that is not too difficult, more action than most games, and maybe a little shorter.
TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#537 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

I have an 360 and backwards compatable PS3. I own FFX, FFXII, and Dragonquest VIII. I started all three and thought they were kind of boring but I can see why people like them. My question is are there any gateway JRPGs that can lead me into the genre? Like one that is not too difficult, more action than most games, and maybe a little shorter.gbpackers94

I would say FFX or FFVI, sorry. Try focusing on one game at a time. FFX has the most action at the beginning (It's one of the only JRPGs that haven't bored me at the beginning.). Dragon Quest and FF12 have very slow starts.

MHRpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#538 MHRpro
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i don't know here is the place or not but i have a problem in viewtiful joe 1 that i can not reach the items of backgrounds and i miss so many boxes and stuff pliz help!

MHRpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#539 MHRpro
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i don't know here is the place or not but i have a problem in viewtiful joe 1 that i can not reach the items of backgrounds and i miss so many boxes and stuff pliz help! any bodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!!!!
dezzyfiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540 dezzyfiesta
Member since 2010 • 506 Posts

Gamespots list of the top PS2 is ridiculous.... Tony Hawks 3 the greatest game on the console?!!!

Anyways. Great thread. Freedom Fighters should definitely be in the top 10 for PS2 as well though!

dezzyfiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541 dezzyfiesta
[

DraugenCP
Definitely. Some of the best platformers. And from what I can recall if you buy some of the more expensive weapon's in one version they become cheaper in the next one. e.g. buy it in 1, keep the save file and in 2 you can buy it for a very reduced rate.
BlinDShoT95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#542 BlinDShoT95
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

I'd like a PS2 Spiderman Game. The only requirement I have is that it must be a Free-Roam Game -- so that basically eliminates spiderman 1 (if I remember correctly). Which game would be best to get?

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#543 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I have an 360 and backwards compatable PS3. I own FFX, FFXII, and Dragonquest VIII. I started all three and thought they were kind of boring but I can see why people like them. My question is are there any gateway JRPGs that can lead me into the genre? Like one that is not too difficult, more action than most games, and maybe a little shorter.gbpackers94

Eternal Sonata. It isn't a legacy game by any means, but you mentioned that you have a 360/PS3. The game is about half the length of a typical JRPG but has no filler elements and the battles are really exciting to play through. You should be able to find it for super cheap. The story line itself is really intrigueing but the dialogue is lame. Still though, it makes a good gateway entry. Tales of Vesperia would actually be a better choice in my opinion, but it isn't short, it's really long. But the battle system is a blast, the story and characters are cool and it isn't turn-based, that one will be 360 only unless you import a PS3 version for some bonuses.

I think either one of those two games would be an excellent starting point for a JRPG. It's hard to get lost or side tracked. But Eternal Sonata is definitely shorter than Vesperia. Sonata is like 20 hours, Vesperia is like 50. All up to you though.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#544 NeonNinja

Hey guys! Another PS2 recommendation question. Are there any PS2 games similar to Star Fox? I know there are games that are platformers (such as Jak and Ratchet games), and Zelda-esque games (Beyond Good and Evil), but I am wondering if there are also any games similar to Star Fox.nintendoboy16

If you're asking for a rail shooter than Rez will do the job (though it might be cheaper to download the 360 version at this point). It's one of the most unique and trippy rail shooters ever. It is on the short side though.

If you're looking for a flight combat game though, I haven't played this game myself but I intend on purchasing a PS2 in the summer in order to play this game: Sky Gunner. Check it out, it might be worth your while. It is an Atlus published game with a cutesy vibe to it but it is NOT on-rails. Think of the moments in SF64 where you entered an arena and had free control and I think that should give you a decent idea. It looks really awesome in my opinion and it will be the first game I buy with a PS2 along with Klonoa 2.

dezzyfiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#545 dezzyfiesta

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Hey guys! Another PS2 recommendation question. Are there any PS2 games similar to Star Fox? I know there are games that are platformers (such as Jak and Ratchet games), and Zelda-esque games (Beyond Good and Evil), but I am wondering if there are also any games similar to Star Fox.NeonNinja

If you're asking for a rail shooter than Rez will do the job (though it might be cheaper to download the 360 version at this point). It's one of the most unique and trippy rail shooters ever. It is on the short side though.

If you're looking for a flight combat game though, I haven't played this game myself but I intend on purchasing a PS2 in the summer in order to play this game: Sky Gunner. Check it out, it might be worth your while. It is an Atlus published game with a cutesy vibe to it but it is NOT on-rails. Think of the moments in SF64 where you entered an arena and had free control and I think that should give you a decent idea. It looks really awesome in my opinion and it will be the first game I buy with a PS2 along with Klonoa 2.

Jedi Starfighter 1 and 2 aren't bad space shooters.
Gamecubeftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546 Gamecubeftw
Hey guys, I'm kinda new here. I'm wondering what new gamecube game to get I just finished Zelda the Legend of the Wind Waker and loved it. Are there any other good games for Gamecube? That and Sonic Adventure Battle 2 are the only 2 games I have for GC. I've been thinking about Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Is it good?
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#547 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamecubeftw"]Hey guys, I'm kinda new here. I'm wondering what new gamecube game to get I just finished Zelda the Legend of the Wind Waker and loved it. Are there any other good games for Gamecube? That and Sonic Adventure Battle 2 are the only 2 games I have for GC. I've been thinking about Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Is it good?

Quite on time for that one. I just bought it and it's oner of the best games I ever experienced! Buy it for sure!!
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#548 NeonNinja

Hey guys, I'm kinda new here. I'm wondering what new gamecube game to get I just finished Zelda the Legend of the Wind Waker and loved it. Are there any other good games for Gamecube? That and Sonic Adventure Battle 2 are the only 2 games I have for GC. I've been thinking about Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Is it good?Gamecubeftw

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door is my favorite GameCube game as well as my favorite RPG ever. I've beaten the game three times, which is more than any other RPG with the exception of Diablo II. I'm sure some people play RPGs more than I do, but three times for a 40-60 hour game is a lot for me, and I'm typically the Halo guy. :P

It's easily one of the best ever with great characters, sharp writing and exciting battles. It's well worth the price of admission and you get a good chunk of game for the price it's offered at. Definitely get The Thousand Year Door.

redmangoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#549 redmangoose
Member since 2006 • 397 Posts

I'm planning on buying a used slim PS2. With the PS3 coming out with so many good games, I was wondering what games I should look into. For the PS3 I'm interested in these games:God of War III, FFXIII, Darksiders, Bayonetta, MGS4. Can any of you recmmond some must-plays based on what I'm interested in? I've somewhat kept up with the PS2 titles ever since about 2004. So I'm familiar with most of the well-known games out there. Just need to know what are some lesser played ones are. And I'm interested in some japanese-based games such as Yakuza, Shin Megami Tensei, Okami, Taiko, etc. And where's a good place to buy reliable used games for cheap?

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#550 NeonNinja

I'm planning on buying a used slim PS2. With the PS3 coming out with so many good games, I was wondering what games I should look into. For the PS3 I'm interested in these games:God of War III, FFXIII, Darksiders, Bayonetta, MGS4. Can any of you recmmond some must-plays based on what I'm interested in? I've somewhat kept up with the PS2 titles ever since about 2004. So I'm familiar with most of the well-known games out there. Just need to know what are some lesser played ones are. And I'm interested in some japanese-based games such as Yakuza, Shin Megami Tensei, Okami, Taiko, etc. And where's a good place to buy reliable used games for cheap?

redmangoose

I'm not the best guy for recommending PS2 games since I also intend on purchasing a PS2 later this year. I intend on getting Sky Gunner and Klonoa 2 for the system along with Persona 3, so maybe those'll be worthy recommendations for you.

As far as buying used games, it depends on whereabouts you live. I can only recommend a local shop in the LA area for myself. But Amazon has been pretty good to me. I bought Jet Set Radio Future and Perfect Dark Zero used off of that site, just make sure you order from a seller with a positive rating. I've placed one order from Play-Asia, they also sell used games, but the game I ordered was brand new, so I can't comment on their quality.

Your best bet would be to find a local shop though. That way you can examine the discs and be able to return them with no real problems if they don't work out.