Legacy System recommendation thread.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrEco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#402 MrEco
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts

Can any of you suggest a good mech game for me? Either on PS2 or Gamecube. Split screen multiplayer is very appreciated but I mostly want a meaningful single player experience. Also I would very much like a free-play kind of mode where I can just jump into a game against some bots. Thanks in advance for any help.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24939 Posts

Can any of you suggest a good mech game for me? Either on PS2 or Gamecube. Split screen multiplayer is very appreciated but I mostly want a meaningful single player experience. Also I would very much like a free-play kind of mode where I can just jump into a game against some bots. Thanks in advance for any help.

MrEco

For the PS2, I would first recommend Armored Core 2 and Armored Core 2: Another Age; then

Armored Core 3 and Armored Core: Silent Line; and then

Armored Core: Nexus, Armored Core: Nine Breaker, and Armored Core: Last Raven.

Armored Core is the only Mech Sim game I've played as far as I know. There's more Mech Sim games here as well.

yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts

What are some good WRPGs for the Xbox? (I have Fable 1 and Morrowmind.)

TSNAKE617
Knights of the Old Republic is a must own. Jade Empire is pretty awesome too.
AtticusFinch88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 AtticusFinch88
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts

I really loved Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy), the story, the atmosphere, even the calm moments where you just play some music or watch tv.

I've played Max Payne, which has a similar atmosphere and deep, dark story and I'm waiting for Heavy Rain next year but in the meantime can anyone recommend a similar type of game with the same type of mature gameplay? Preferably games on PS2 that are available in the UK (PAL region).

Sash-Quash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 Sash-Quash
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Well imnew in this but i want to know some rpg games for Game Cube Because i only know one:Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door that is a great game but i want more rpg games, can you tell som?
Avatar image for LithuanianGamer
LithuanianGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 LithuanianGamer
Member since 2009 • 2997 Posts
Well imnew in this but i want to know some rpg games for Game Cube Because i only know one:Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door that is a great game but i want more rpg games, can you tell som?Sash-Quash
Try Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
MrEco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 MrEco
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts

I'm looking for some good multiplayer games on either the PS2 or Gamecube (Preferably PS2). I'm not into run n' gun shooters or sports games, but other than that any genre is open for suggestions. Also I'm wondering four questions. One: what is the multiplayer like in the Brothers in Arms series? Two: I don't care about the story in the Brothers in Arms games, but is it still worth it to buy both of them? Three: which Socom game is the best for split-screen multiplayer? And four: I already own Burnout: Revenge, but is the multiplayer in Burnout 3: Takedown any different (And therefor worth buying)?

LithuanianGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 LithuanianGamer

I'm looking for some good multiplayer games on either the PS2 or Gamecube (Preferably PS2). I'm not into run n' gun shooters or sports games, but other than that any genre is open for suggestions. Also I'm wondering four questions. One: what is the multiplayer like in the Brothers in Arms series? Two: I don't care about the story in the Brothers in Arms games, but is it still worth it to buy both of them? Three: which Socom game is the best for split-screen multiplayer? And four: I already own Burnout: Revenge, but is the multiplayer in Burnout 3: Takedown any different (And therefor worth buying)?

MrEco
I loved Brother in Arms.I think you should try `em
djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#413 djsundowner
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

Well imnew in this but i want to know some rpg games for Game Cube Because i only know one:Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door that is a great game but i want more rpg games, can you tell som?Sash-Quash

Skies of Arcadia

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#414 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
im thinking of getting either of these games, tomb raider legend and anniversary or .hack gu trilogy??? which one is a good buy??? i like rpg and i like platforming action too. so cant decide which one is good??? which one has more quality??? thanks in advance~
TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

im thinking of getting either of these games, tomb raider legend and anniversary or .hack gu trilogy??? which one is a good buy??? i like rpg and i like platforming action too. so cant decide which one is good??? which one has more quality??? thanks in advance~anbu-black-ops

Have you played the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time games? If not, get it. I only played one Hack game, but I thought that it was pretty bad. I prefer the Tomb Raider games, but I'm not a big fan of either.

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 anbu-black-ops
cool thanks. i do have the prince of persia trilogy. its just that i hear alot of people saying good things about .hack gu, even thought it didnt get a very good rating...lol. so it got me curious. but since you've played that game, i might stick to tomb raider then.
romeo-rocky92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 romeo-rocky92
PS2 RECOMMENDATIONS: 1)God of war 1 / 2 1)Ico / Shadow of the colossus 1)Final fantasy X / XII 2)Prince of persia 1 / 2 / 3 2)Metal Gear Solid 2/3 - Black 2)Dynasty Warriors 3 2)Burnout takedown - Need for speed:hot pursuit 2 3)Devil may cry 1 / 3 3)Resident evil 4 4)Ratchet & Clank:up your arsenal - Jak 3 - Okami 4)Beyond good & evil - castlevania:lament of innocence 4)Persona 3 / 4 -I've Played them all , they absolutely worth their money.
gbpackers94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 gbpackers94
Member since 2008 • 685 Posts
What are the best WRPGS for PS2 or PS3, other than oblivion 4, fallout 3, and Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2?
TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 TSNAKE617
What are the best WRPGS for PS2 or PS3, other than oblivion 4, fallout 3, and Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2?gbpackers94
I don't know, there are probably only a few, and they probably suck. Buy a PC if you want WRPGs.
gbpackers94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 gbpackers94
Member since 2008 • 685 Posts
[QUOTE="gbpackers94"]What are the best WRPGS for PS2 or PS3, other than oblivion 4, fallout 3, and Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2?TSNAKE617
I don't know, there are probably only a few, and they probably suck. Buy a PC if you want WRPGs.

No!
LithuanianGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 LithuanianGamer
[QUOTE="TSNAKE617"][QUOTE="gbpackers94"]What are the best WRPGS for PS2 or PS3, other than oblivion 4, fallout 3, and Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2?gbpackers94

No!

Get a 360
uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#423 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts

Just bought KH II (never played any of the games though) and since KH I is totally unavaiable here (neither on internet nor in any shop), am I able to understand the WHOLE KH story without having played the first one? Is there some kind of a summaration of KH I at the beginning of II?

planetvash112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 planetvash112
Member since 2006 • 598 Posts

I just got Star wars jedi outcast II(GAMECUBE), and I'm wondering if it was worth the 20$ in getting it, BTW I also loved KOTOR, is this game in any way like KOTOR?

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 TSNAKE617

I just got Star wars jedi outcast II(GAMECUBE), and I'm wondering if it was worth the 20$ in getting it, BTW I also loved KOTOR, is this game in any way like KOTOR?

planetvash112

Why did you buy the game before asking about it.

planetvash112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 planetvash112
Member since 2006 • 598 Posts

[QUOTE="planetvash112"]

TSNAKE617

Why did you buy the game before asking about it.

Because I didn't know it was on gamecube at the time, let alone on home console.

Ryu_8023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 Ryu_8023
Member since 2009 • 106 Posts
I just got a dreamcast and I am in love with it. Which games should I get? please help!
TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 TSNAKE617

I just got a dreamcast and I am in love with it. Which games should I get? please help!Ryu_8023

Jet Set Radio (I can't remember the exact name.) and Skies of Arcadia receive good reviews.

creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 creepy_mike
Member since 2007 • 1092 Posts

Hey, everyone.

I've become a pretty big fan of the Shin Megami Tensei Series on PS2, having only played Persona 3 and 4, and I'm thinking of getting Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, but only after I've finally managed to acquire Nocturne. So with P3, P4 and Nocturne under my belt, would the DDS games really have any unique features to offer, or are they basically just Persona without the social links?

Thanks.

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 TSNAKE617

Hey, everyone.

I've become a pretty big fan of the Shin Megami Tensei Series on PS2, having only played Persona 3 and 4, and I'm thinking of getting Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, but only after I've finally managed to acquire Nocturne. So with P3, P4 and Nocturne under my belt, would the DDS games really have any unique features to offer, or are they basically just Persona without the social links?

Thanks.

creepy_mike

It uses the same battle system as SMT Nocturne, but it has more story and it's a lot easier. Research the rest.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#431 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

The good old days of the Gamecube. *sigh*

Psplastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 Psplastic
conker Live And Reloaded for Xbox is schweet
Avatar image for blazingneo32089
blazingneo32089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 blazingneo32089
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts
Should I play the GCN version of Beyond Good and Evil on my Wii or the Xbox version on my 360?
dollydolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 dollydolman
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I know a lot of you probably hate EA, but Need For Speed Most Wanted is one that you definitely have to have on Playstation 2. I also liked the WRC games, was never really into any other genre on PS2. Oh... GT4, best racing game ever.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 136

User Lists: 1

#435 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

How difficult is Devil May Cry for the PS2 it only costs five dollars at Gamestop and I' am thinking of buying it along with Painkiller and Doom 3for the Xbox.

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 TSNAKE617

How difficult is Devil May Cry for the PS2 it only costs five dollars at Gamestop and I' am thinking of buying it along with Painkiller and Doom 3for the Xbox.

KamikazeDonut

It's not that bad, the second two are harder, but not too bad either, imo. It's nothing compared to Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#437 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

what are some good GBA games(NO RPG, FIRST PARTY,OR POKEMON)

MRhappyBALLS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 MRhappyBALLS
im not a fan or reley like ps2 game cude i say resident evill 4 and xbox halo i am a big halo lover lmao
HUNK-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 HUNK-007
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts

How is Headhunter: Redemption? (XBOX)

Rundeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 Rundeer
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

what are some good GBA games(NO RPG, FIRST PARTY,OR POKEMON)

bigM10231
Astro Boy, Gunstar Heroes, Advance Wars (don't know if you would consider that an RPG), Castlevania: Aria of sorrow (same here), Mario Kart, Zelda: a link to the past, Metroid Fusion/Zero mission. Unfortunately, just about all of my favorite GBA games are either first-party or RPGs.
Backbonesalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 Backbonesalsa
Member since 2009 • 148 Posts
I'm pretty sure someone has stated this before, but reading trough 22 pages trying to find out if anyhone has, is just too much... Now then, if you are on lookout for a good figthing game on the Gamecube, you should check out Soul Calibur II. In my opinion it's one of the best of the Soul Calibur series and it has Link in it, as a little extra for us Nintendo fans.
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

i found Shenmue 2 at a pawn shop for 5 bucks and i was wondering if it is worth it

is it a good game and whats the gameplay like

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 TSNAKE617

i found Shenmue 2 at a pawn shop for 5 bucks and i was wondering if it is worth it

is it a good game and whats the gameplay like

spawnassasin

I'd play Shenmue 1 first. (I've heard that the story is a big part.) It has a lot of fans, it has a lot of QTEs in it though, but many people say that it mastered them. I haven't played it yet, but if I get a Dreamcast, I will try to get both of them. You can't go wrong with paying five bucks for it, then puting it on your shelf and hunting down Shenmue 1 if it intrests you.

JyhSong9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 JyhSong9
Member since 2009 • 102 Posts
Wow good recommendations there. I should probably try out some new games you mentioned since my public exam just ended . Cheers :D
anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 anbu-black-ops
Darkwatch ps2 - is this a good shooter game? anybody played this before? im thinking of getting this game.
JyhSong9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 JyhSong9
Nope never heard of it o.o *my area doenst has it* . And does Persona 4 requires the fat PS2 to play? 'cos the sales girl told me so...
anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 anbu-black-ops
you can play persona 4 with the slim no problem. dont know why the sales girl told you though... thats weird.
boothbym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 boothbym

I just purchased Splinter Cell: Double Agent for my PS2 because I found it used for cheap. The stealth action idea intrigues me, but this is my first foray into the splinter cell franchise. (I absolutely love the MGS series) I'm find this game (Double Agent) very hard to get into, not because of the story, but the gameplay is awkward for me. I have heard that Double Agent is quite a jump for Splinter Cell newbies. Is this true? Should I try a new Splinter cell game, like Chaos theory or something, or if I don't like Double Agent, I probably won't like the rest?

boothbym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 boothbym

FYI - I played Darkwatch for the Xbox and I loved it. Of course, I like dark-sided stuff and westerns so it was a good fit for me. But I also thought the weapons were pretty fun to shoot.

JyhSong9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 JyhSong9
Owh thanks . Maybe the sales girl just simply told me that 'cos the slim Ps2 there couldn't load Persona 4.