Harmonix is making a Musical First Person Shooter

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

Ehh?? Ok. Well we've had far some really avant garde looking FPS's in gaming industry. but I hope against the wall of reality, that this is a genuine kewl project with a twist that I'll end up loving,

and not just a concession to the money making mountain of the FPS.

And F2P MP? I know ya'll seriously need money, but Not 'eeeeeveryone' cam jam together. Good god.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/17/harmonix-experiments-with-a-musical-first-person-shooter-with-chroma/

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

So much for no new ideas in gaming.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

I do like the idea, but that trailer was stupid.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

A multiplayer shooter where people need to stay on beat? Wow. Well, be interesting to see how it does.

The challenge in that kind of environment is to make the music sound like more than just a bunch of noise. Harmonix hopes the game will feel like second nature once players get over the learning curve. It will be hard for players to shoot, run, and match the beat at the same time. In the match I played, my team had to take control of a bunch of points on a map.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

@CarnageHeart said:

A multiplayer shooter where people need to stay on beat? Wow. Well, be interesting to see how it does.

The challenge in that kind of environment is to make the music sound like more than just a bunch of noise. Harmonix hopes the game will feel like second nature once players get over the learning curve. It will be hard for players to shoot, run, and match the beat at the same time. In the match I played, my team had to take control of a bunch of points on a map.

Yeah. reminds me of audiosurf. I wish that game morphed into an even more sophisticated racer. The winding path and loading up your own music is cool, all though you're just catching the colored bits on a roller coaster ride.

Staying on beat is simple enough concept to sell to most anyone,

but I almost wish there was a game like this chroma, that could not make music through play, but also abstract more of the problems with music production through gameplay. essentially the mixing fx and audio engineering part.

As I'm finding out with ableton live. Its one thing to get rhythm and harmonies right, its a COMPLETELY different artform to properly EQ and mix a music track, and eevery expert on youtube has a different school of thought or mega expensive plug-in to sell.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Seems like the kind of game where there will be a visible (audible? lol) difference between an amateur and a skilled player.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

The fact that it's an FPS, has gaudy visuals, and dubstep in the trailer killed it for me.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#9 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Hahah! oh wow this should be definitely interesting. Looking forward to first person WUB WUB!

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I think I'd be more hyped for this if it weren't F2P multiplayer, but I'll follow it anyway since I like Harmonix.