GTA4 Official Thread of the Aftermath

This topic is locked from further discussion.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

It'll cost $90. But surely you don't want that ugly keychain...I can take that off your hands if you want...after all, what are friends for...hard sacrifices...

UpInFlames

Are you guys getting offered the Collector's Editions? I always wanted to know that. If not, I'm sure I could arrange for you to have some schwag. I know how big a fan you are of GTA.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#52 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Are you guys getting offered the Collector's Editions? I always wanted to know that. If not, I'm sure I could arrange for you to have some schwag. I know how big a fan you are of GTA.juradai

You mean in Europe? I think for the most part we get the same stuff, but it varies. As for Grand Theft Auto IV, I won't be getting it since it's just totally out of my league and it's doubtful I'll even have a 360 by April.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

Kickass information, guys! Loved that interview, and soiled my pants at that screen that rrag quoted.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#54 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

hmmm.... Seems like an MGS game will once again lose out GOTY to a GTA game. But even Kojima will have to admit GTA4 deserves it. :)

I am actually glad the PS3 version caused the delay (which itself is surprising because Sony announced it as a PS3 exclusive at E3 2005 and it wasnt until next E3 that M$ baldy revealed his GTA4 tatoo.) . Why? well its likely they would've rushed the game if they had actually released it back in October. Now these extra six months will not only guarantee the PS3 version will run smooth, but will also give them chance to refine most of the game's numerous mechanics. One thing about GTA games that really bugged me was the slow motion effect caused by the huge framerate dips the games suffered especially in San-Andreas. Hopefully these six months will give them more than enough time to optimize the **** out of the code.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#55 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Kickass information, guys! Loved that interview, and soiled my pants at that screen that rrag quoted.

SteelAttack

lol, me too . i didnt notice how awesome the pic was until I saw it again in his quote. But I actually liked the helicopter pic better. Its probably because I am a huge Black hawk Down fan. :)

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

IGN has a great article about how the Euphoria Physics are used in this game. It sounds really damn cool!

"Euphoria underpins all the core character animations under a variety of circumstances in the game world. Niko Bellic, the central antihero, is injected with surprising physicality thanks to his freeform movements. In the most basic examples, Niko's stance adjusts depending on the grade of the ground he's standing on, and he is seemingly spatially aware of his environment. Standing on a hillside, his knees and feet adjust for the angle of incline or decline; he walks with a noticeable counterbalance in his stride, to take the angle into consideration and keep his centre of gravity in check. When moving at speed, he'll automatically reach to his front and push doors open with fluidity. It's starling in its execution and attention to detail, but this is barely scratching the surface of how Rockstar has implemented this technology.

During car chases, this also comes into play pretty spectacularly. Niko, as well as enemies in the game, are affected by inertia – to the point where rear-ending a car causes people in the front to fly through the windshield and into the air, arms in a controlled flail. The impact is sickening and realistic; bodies don't just ragdoll in GTA IV, they roll end over end or side-on, before coming to a natural pause. If you're still alive, Niko will gingerly pick himself up and you can be on your way. Bailing out of a burning car works in the same natural way, albeit in a more controlled and therefore less painful way. When jumping and falling or scaling walls and staircases, Niko's hands and feet are also controlled automatically, ensuring that his body moves and reacts authentically. He never clips through stairs and when he falls too far, he'll automatically duck into a commando roll."

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

There is a very real chance that GTAIV will bury everything else this year.

Just...wow.

IGN has a lengthy article up discussing the new Eurphoria engine and all the amazing things that it facilitates. The way this game will be implementing physics in both inanimate objects and humans alike looks to be covering some exciting new ground.

And that collector's edition is mine, 90 bucks be damned!

Also, why have people been bad-mouthing the graphics? The game looks amazing, especially considering the open-world nature of the engine.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Ooooh I have a feeling ill want the collectors edition too, the soundtrack is what really grabs me there yyyeeeah!
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Grammaton-Cleric
[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

Just...wow.

IGN has a lengthy article up discussing the new Eurphoria engine and all the amazing things that it facilitates. The way this game will be implementing physics in both inanimate objects and humans alike looks to be covering some exciting new ground.

Also, why have people been bad-mouthing the graphics? The game looks amazing, especially considering the open-world nature of the engine.

dvader654

Euphoria is going to make everything so awesome, best engine since havok.

I really didn't grasp what the engine could do until reading that article. It will be something truly sublime. The way bullets impact enemies alone makes the engine sound so very awesome.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#61 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

Just...wow.

Grammaton-Cleric

some people don't realize that having 4 5,000,000 polygon high rez characters pushes a machine just like 20 1,000,000 polygon high rez characters

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#62 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
What version are you fellas getting? (Polls are broken on GS, so here's a SM poll) http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=zEw8j0FmcwUbv4Kv8ZMujQ_3d_3d I can't decide which system or version I'm going for yet =/
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rragnaar

What version are you fellas getting? (Polls are broken on GS, so here's a SM poll) http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=zEw8j0FmcwUbv4Kv8ZMujQ_3d_3d I can't decide which system or version I'm going for yet =/Staryoshi87

I'm getting both versions actually. I'm excited enough about the online multiplayer that I want to be able to play it with everyone I know who has the game, whether they be PS3 owners or 360 owners. I'm crazy like that.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#64 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]What version are you fellas getting? (Polls are broken on GS, so here's a SM poll) http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=zEw8j0FmcwUbv4Kv8ZMujQ_3d_3d I can't decide which system or version I'm going for yet =/rragnaar

I'm getting both versions actually. I'm excited enough about the online multiplayer that I want to be able to play it with everyone I know who has the game, whether they be PS3 owners or 360 owners. I'm crazy like that.

Ha, that works. I'm leaning toward the 360 CE, but I want to see if they will utilize the PS3's superior tech to their advantage at all.

erawsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 erawsd
Member since 2002 • 6930 Posts

What version are you fellas getting? (Polls are broken on GS, so here's a SM poll) http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=zEw8j0FmcwUbv4Kv8ZMujQ_3d_3d I can't decide which system or version I'm going for yet =/Staryoshi87

Unless theres some sort of game breaking issues with the Xbox version, I'll definitely be getting it for the 360. 20hrs of episodic content is just too awesome to pass up. Even if I don't end up getting them, I like that the option will be there.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

Photobucket

Playing gravedigger with this thread. CVG and Gamefront uploaded three new screens today. Nice lighting.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 rragnaar
God bless you Steel Attack. May he send you 50 Math Nuns to keep you company in the afterlife.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts
apparently those pics were Best-Buy exclusive wallpapers or something of the sort, and other retailers are going to be getting their own pics...Keep em' Coming!
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 UpInFlames

Nice lighting.SteelAttack

Pretty much everyone has been praising the lighting which surprises me a bit. I always knew Grand Theft Auto IV would look great just like its predecessors did, but I didn't expect it to earn such accolades on the graphics and effects front.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 GodModeEnabled
This is easily my most anticipated game of the year, on a pure excitement scale nothing comes close. I know its gonna be soo freakin good. Ok Ninja Gaiden II and DMC 4 are up there two but his will be GOTY. Finally a GTA with truly impressive graphics. Give ths one a rock solid famerate and killer soundtrack like San Andreas too please.
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="SteelAttack"]Nice lighting.UpInFlames

Pretty much everyone has been praising the lighting which surprises me a bit. I always knew Grand Theft Auto IV would look great just like its predecessors did, but I didn't expect it to earn such accolades on the graphics and effects front.

Considering how limited Rockstar was when building the previous games on the PS2, I think it's awesome that they are so focused on delivering a game that is so technically impressive by utilizing more powerful hardware. Those pics Steel Attack posted seriously look better than most other games that offer 1/100th of the content.

Again, just awesome.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 UpInFlames
Considering how limited Rockstar was when building the previous games on the PS2, I think it's awesome that they are so focused on delivering a game that is so technically impressive by utilizing more powerful hardware. Those pics Steel Attack posted seriously look better than most other games that offer 1/100th of the content.

Again, just awesome.Grammaton-Cleric

Definitely. The company just continually blows me away on all fronts and the way they do it is incredible. These people make games, that's all they do. They throw out a few tidbits of info over the period of several years - a screenshot here, a video there. They don't talk how it's the best thing ever, they just make games. And when it finally comes out, it blows everything else. Other developers hang their head in defeat, reviewers have multiple orgasms while playing it, self-proclaimed moralists are outraged and the game...as always, the game speaks for itself.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]Considering how limited Rockstar was when building the previous games on the PS2, I think it's awesome that they are so focused on delivering a game that is so technically impressive by utilizing more powerful hardware. Those pics Steel Attack posted seriously look better than most other games that offer 1/100th of the content.

Again, just awesome.UpInFlames

Definitely. The company just continually blows me away on all fronts and the way they do it is incredible. These people make games, that's all they do. They throw out a few tidbits of info over the period of several years - a screenshot here, a video there. They don't talk how it's the best thing ever, they just make games. And when it finally comes out, it blows everything else. Other developers hang their head in defeat, reviewers have multiple orgasms while playing it, self-proclaimed moralists are outraged and the game...as always, the game speaks for itself.

I agree, they make wicked games. Playstation 2 would never have been so popular without Rockstar games exlusively selling GTA for that platform. I see they have expanded into XBOX, but why not throw a bone to the PC users? :(
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 UpInFlames

I agree, they make wicked games. Playstation 2 would never have been so popular without Rockstar games exlusively selling GTA for that platform. I see they have expanded into XBOX, but why not throw a bone to the PC users? :(SKaREO

Ever since Grand Theft Auto III, Rockstar games have been coming to PC approx. 6-10 months after the console release. Although curiously, Bully and Manhunt 2 never followed that trend. However, Grand Theft Auto IV will most likely come to PC within this year.

zoe256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 zoe256
Member since 2007 • 2821 Posts
Although I'm not really interested in playing this game, I'm glad they've decided to make it a worldwide release on April 29th. Its really unfair that some countries get games earlier than others...Europe is still waiting for Rock Band! (And I bet we'll have to pay a lot more for it too!). So nice one guys :)
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Maybe this time I'll have the willpower to finish it.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 rragnaar

IGN has an article about the combat in the game. The whole article is worth reading, but this particular tidbit made me crap my pants:

"The car combat mechanics have also seen an overhaul. You can now aim dynamically with the right stick while driving (after Niko shatters the glass in the side-window with his elbow that is – nice touch), and you're no longer limited to an Uzi. Pistols are now in also, as are grenades. Grenades!"

I can't ****ing wait to do some drive-by grenading. :D

-Prime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 -Prime-
Member since 2006 • 964 Posts

IGN has an article about the combat in the game. The whole article is worth reading, but this particular tidbit made me crap my pants:

"The car combat mechanics have also seen an overhaul. You can now aim dynamically with the right stick while driving (after Niko shatters the glass in the side-window with his elbow that is – nice touch), and you're no longer limited to an Uzi. Pistols are now in also, as are grenades. Grenades!"

rragnaar

Rragnaar I please ask that you refrain from posting anymore awesome reading articles because I am extremely close of having an anxiety heart attack

(joking of course) :P

dcoope3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 dcoope3
Member since 2003 • 762 Posts

This will definately get GOTY.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 UpInFlames

"The car combat mechanics have also seen an overhaul. You can now aim dynamically with the right stick while driving (after Niko shatters the glass in the side-window with his elbow that is - nice touch), and you're no longer limited to an Uzi. Pistols are now in also, as are grenades. Grenades!"rragnaar

Speaking of cars, I've heard that the Rockstar San Diego guys (Midnight Club) pitched in so we should expect some meaningful driving mechanics refinement.

Back to the combat, it's interesting that no one is mentioning the AI. Grand Theft Auto (and pretty much all open-world games) is known for brain-dead AI so I was hoping for some improvement in that area. AI programming is no piece of cake even in corridor shooters, nevermind huge open-ended games like this in which the amount of variables and options is insane. Also, Grand Theft Auto is an extremely resource-intensive game make AI an even bigger problem. Considering no one is saying anything about it, it seems we can once again expect idiotic AI offset by large enemy numbers and pin-point precision.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 HiResDes
[QUOTE="UpInFlames"][QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]Considering how limited Rockstar was when building the previous games on the PS2, I think it's awesome that they are so focused on delivering a game that is so technically impressive by utilizing more powerful hardware. Those pics Steel Attack posted seriously look better than most other games that offer 1/100th of the content.

Again, just awesome.SKaREO

I agree, they make wicked games. Playstation 2 would never have been so popular without Rockstar games exlusively selling GTA for that platform. I see they have expanded into XBOX, but why not throw a bone to the PC users? :(

ANd the GTA's did eventually come to the XBox, they were only timed PS2 exclusives.

Mash_Affect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Mash_Affect
Member since 2008 • 631 Posts
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

-Prime-

Rragnaar I please ask that you refrain from posting anymore awesome reading articles because I am extremely close of having an anxiety heart attack

(joking of course) :P

It never fails to surprise me whenever I see people getting excited about new GTA4 features which Saints Row already had 2 years ago.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 rragnaar

It never fails to surprise me whenever I see people getting excited about new GTA4 features which Saints Row already had 2 years ago.Mash_Affect

I played an hour of Saint's Row and traded it in. I'm not saying it is a bad game that no one should play, but to me, it had none of the heart that GTA does. It felt too forced. I'm sure the gameplay was atleast halfway decent, and it might even be great, but it just felt like a hollow shell when compared to any of the GTAs. The dialogue was atrocious, and the characters were too fake for me. It can't be that surprising that most people didn't play it.

Mash_Affect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Mash_Affect

[QUOTE="Mash_Affect"]It never fails to surprise me whenever I see people getting excited about new GTA4 features which Saints Row already had 2 years ago.rragnaar

I played an hour of Saint's Row and traded it in. I'm not saying it is a bad game that no one should play, but to me, it had none of the heart that GTA does. It felt too forced. I'm sure the gameplay was atleast halfway decent, and it might even be great, but it just felt like a hollow shell when compared to any of the GTAs. The dialogue was atrocious, and the characters were too fake for me. It can't be that surprising that most people didn't play it.

Well I didn't necessarily say that Saints Row was a better franchise. Just that it sounded like some in here were getting all blown away by these "new" features that aren't so new.

For the record, I did find that there was quite a bit of fun to be had with Saints Row, and quite a few lessons to be learned by those at Rockstar. Each time I read one of these previews of GTA4 and see just how much was taken from Saints Row, I'm just happy to see that Rockstar has been paying attention to their competition.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="Mash_Affect"]It never fails to surprise me whenever I see people getting excited about new GTA4 features which Saints Row already had 2 years ago.Mash_Affect

Well I didn't necessarily say that Saints Row was a better franchise. Just that it sounded like some in here were getting all blown away by these "new" features that aren't so new.

For the record, I did find that there was quite a bit of fun to be had with Saints Row, and quite a few lessons to be learned by those at Rockstar. Each time I read one of these previews of GTA4 and see just how much was taken from Saints Row, I'm just happy to see that Rockstar has been paying attention to their competition.

my only issue with saints row is that its fans seem to forget where saints row got its whole premise and main mechanics of the game from. yes, they took many nice next steps and introduced great things, but its like some people think that GTA should be so lucky to be able to copy SR, where as the opposite is true.

i did have some fun with saints row, but i do realize its still just a GTA clone. the best one by far, but i appreciate the originator.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GodModeEnabled
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="Mash_Affect"]It never fails to surprise me whenever I see people getting excited about new GTA4 features which Saints Row already had 2 years ago.Mash_Affect

Yeah im happy they have been paying attention as well. Im not gonna say Saints Row is better either but it did do a lot of things better than GTA. GPS, free form aiming, better camera movement, better graphics, better physics. Im one of the few here who really enjoyed Saints Row and I look forward to the sequel a lot.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 HiResDes
[QUOTE="Mash_Affect"][QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="Mash_Affect"]It never fails to surprise me whenever I see people getting excited about new GTA4 features which Saints Row already had 2 years ago.GodModeEnabled

Yeah im happy they have been paying attention as well. Im not gonna say Saints Row is better either but it did do a lot of things better than GTA. GPS, free form aiming, better camera movement, better graphics, better physics. Im one of the few here who really enjoyed Saints Row and I look forward to the sequel a lot.

Saints Row was the most blatant GTA ripoff I've ever seen, not too mention that the plot within the game couldn't hold a candle to any of the of the non-isometric GTA's...Rockstar may be taking a few things from Saints Row, but Saints Row basically took San Andreas and slapped a new skin on it....Don't get me started, you guys are blasphemus! :x

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 UpInFlames

Yeah im happy they have been paying attention as well. Im not gonna say Saints Row is better either but it did do a lot of things better than GTA. GPS, free form aiming, better camera movement, better graphics, better physics. Im one of the few here who really enjoyed Saints Row and I look forward to the sequel a lot.GodModeEnabled

Like HiRes said, if it only wasn't a brazen San Andreas rip-off, maybe I'd give it some credit. Volition did nothing but take someone else's game and put some additional features in - and left out the styIe, storytelling and everything else that really makes Grand Theft Auto special. Not much of an achievement in my book. Not saying it's a bad game or anything, though.

As for better graphics and physics, you're comparing a PS2 game to a 360 game - hardly fair. We'll see if Saints Row has better graphics and physics once Grand Theft Auto IV hits - I'm going with a big fat NO.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 rragnaar

This has been popping up all over New York.

Kinda cool. :D

Mash_Affect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Mash_Affect

Saints Row was the most blatant GTA ripoff I've ever seen, not too mention that the plot within the game couldn't hold a candle to any of the of the non-isometric GTA's...Rockstar may be taking a few things from Saints Row, but Saints Row basically took San Andreas and slapped a new skin on it....Don't get me started, you guys are blasphemus! :x

HiResDes

I don't recall the GTA games having a particularly memorable story, but whatever you say. They both were pretty cheesy as far as I could tell, which is fine for the purpose of these titles.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 HiResDes
[QUOTE="HiResDes"]

Mash_Affect

I don't recall the GTA games having a particularly memorable story, but whatever you say. They both were pretty cheesy as far as I could tell, which is fine for the purpose of these titles.

Well sorry but they did have memorable stories, and the fact that their characters were more memorable than that of Saints Row is nearly inarguable. GTA's greatness is owed as much to its gameplay, as its charismatic characters, and satirical plots...GTA in of itself is Rockstar's social commentary, they put as much thought into the script as they do designing the game itself, and the result is smart yet highly humorous parody of the western world.

Mash_Affect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Mash_Affect
[QUOTE="Mash_Affect"][QUOTE="HiResDes"]

HiResDes

Well sorry but they did have memorable stories, and the fact that their characters were more memorable than that of Saints Row is nearly inarguable. GTA's greatness is owed as much to its gameplay, as its charismatic characters, and satirical plots...GTA in of itself is Rockstar's social commentary, they put as much thought into the script as they do designing the game itself, and the result is smart yet highly humorous parody of the western world.

Wow, well you have my apologies. You were obviously deeply touched by the constant 69 references and cartoonish goodfellas ripoffs.

I dont mean to be a party pooper, but if you found anything particularly meaningful or memorable in a GTA storyline, well your'e trying much too hard.

KaeMe01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 KaeMe01
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Nice, my 6 year old son has beat the others.... he's freak'n out right now about getting this one. I'm looking forward to the chages almost as much as I did when socom made all the changes for socom 2. http://www.oregonfishfinder.com

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 190586385885857957282413308806
[QUOTE="Mash_Affect"][QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="Mash_Affect"]It never fails to surprise me whenever I see people getting excited about new GTA4 features which Saints Row already had 2 years ago.OneWingedAngeI

my only issue with saints row is that its fans seem to forget where saints row got its whole premise and main mechanics of the game from. yes, they took many nice next steps and introduced great things, but its like some people think that GTA should be so lucky to be able to copy SR, where as the opposite is true.

i did have some fun with saints row, but i do realize its still just a GTA clone. the best one by far, but i appreciate the originator.

but it's not like when Saint's Row came out everyone was like "Whoa you can recruit gang members, you have a respect meter and you can make changes to your car and store them in your garage!!! that's some cool new features" as if they were never found in GTA. No one is saying that Saint's Row made the sand box genre but some people should at least give credit where credit is due.

And the fact that some people don't know that these features are in Saint's Row yet still want to talk down on the game only prove that they really don't have any time spent on the game. I can easily say that Saint's Row's story is much more cohesive than San Andreas which lost focus as soon as you make it out of the first city.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 rragnaar
Wow, well you have my apologies. You were obviously deeply touched by the constant 69 references and cartoonish goodfellas ripoffs.

I dont mean to be a party pooper, but if you found anything particularly meaningful or memorable in a GTA storyline, well your'e trying much too hard.

Mash_Affect

GTA's story arcs are always pretty cool. The voice acting is top notch, as is the writing. It is your fault if you can't see that. HiResDes isn't trying too hard when he sees those things in GTA. The GTA games are a great satire of the world we live in. Not so much in the story, but in everything else. From the radio stations and stores, to the things people say on the street, and the billboard ads.

Saint's Row is a very shallow take on GTA from a storytelling and presentation level. They replaced good writing with gratuitous swearing. All the satire is just replaced with poor attempts at humor. Why, for example, is there a restaurant in Saint's Row named Freckle *****es? It isn't funny, it isn't satirical. Someone just decided that it would be funny to have a swear word in the title. The gameplay might be great in Saint's Row, but it doesn't match GTA in any other department.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 190586385885857957282413308806

GTA's story arcs are always pretty cool. The voice acting is top notch, as is the writing. It is your fault if you can't see that. HiResDes isn't trying too hard when he sees those things in GTA. The GTA games are a great satire of the world we live in. Not so much in the story, but in everything else. From the radio stations and stores, to the things people say on the street, and the billboard ads.

Saint's Row is a very shallow take on GTA from a storytelling and presentation level. They replaced good writing with gratuitous swearing. All the satire is just replaced with poor attempts at humor. Why, for example, is there a restaurant in Saint's Row named Freckle *****es? It isn't funny, it isn't satirical. Someone just decided that it would be funny to have a swear word in the title. The gameplay might be great in Saint's Row, but it doesn't match GTA in any other department.rragnaar

Actually Freckle ******* is Satirical. It's supposed to be a mock of the daughter of Dave Thompson who named his burger joint Wendy's and who's mascot is a cute little girl. According to SR lore, she grew up into a total slut and took over her father's business. Her ads sounded like a cocky tramp sort of like Paris Hilton and all the meals are named after sex toys.

I mean it's no Well Stacked Pizza and a little bit more vulgar than Clucking Bell... but it actually has more satire than those fast food joints in GTA

zoe256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#100 zoe256
Member since 2007 • 2821 Posts

Nice, my 6 year old son has beat the others.... he's freak'n out right now about getting this one. I'm looking forward to the chages almost as much as I did when socom made all the changes for socom 2. http://www.oregonfishfinder.com KaeMe01

I can't believe you let your 6 year old son play GTA...that's some nice parenting right there.