Grand Theft Auto V Hype Thread - Keep Them Updates Coming!

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

Thanks for the screens. They look amazing. Seriously, I know Rockstar Games is gonna please me with this game. While the 3 protagonist system is entirely new and different, I think it'll work. It'd be cool to be able to swap characters while on a mission. I'm sure the game will force you to switch at times. For instance, one guy needs to locate the gate door switch and then you switch to one of the other two characters waiting by the gate door (and fire away as it opens and enemies come in for an attack)... or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Thanks for the screens. They look amazing. Seriously, I know Rockstar Games is gonna please me with this game. While the 3 protagonist system is entirely new and different, I think it'll work. It'd be cool to be able to swap characters while on a mission. I'm sure the game will force you to switch at times. For instance, one guy needs to locate the gate door switch and then you switch to one of the other two characters waiting by the gate door (and fire away as it opens and enemies come in for an attack)... or something.

Amster_G

Apparently it doesn't force you at all, you can play the missions with any or all of the characters. It's not like R* to force a certain playstyle upon you. like one example from GI is One guy rappels down the wall and then you can switch to the other guy far away covering with a rifle etc. the possibilities are boundless and I think it could really really work well. I am very excited by it and it always amazes me how far R* can push the game while all other open world devs sit and think "How the hell did they do that?"

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

Woo, the crazy big world and craziness of San Andreas with the physics and animations of modern rockstar games. And 3 protagonists. And maybe proper coop. And an emphasis on heists. Damn I'm excited. Though I'm a little disappointed they changed the car physics, there are few things as fun in gaming as powersliding into a crowd of civillians in a hummer in GTA4.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

And honestly, what other major AAA devs show this much ambition? While Rockstar goes balls-out all the other big devs complain about modern developement costs, and why they need 40$ day one DLC to support their 8-hour campaigns.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Get hyped y'all

GTA_V_13524246247964.jpgseanmcloughlin

I'm spotting a Mime, do you? :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Get hyped y'all

archvile_78

I do indeed :P

I love the diversity shown in the civillians so far. They will really help sell the world

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 archvile_78

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Get hyped y'all

seanmcloughlin

I love the diversity shown in the civillians so far. They will really help sell the world

The mime will be like my testing dummy. I'll be testing that whole gas can thing on him GI described yesterday. Bet if point a machine gun at him he'll "hide" behind his "invisible wall". :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

archvile_78

The mime will be like my testing dummy. I'll be testing that whole gas can thing on him GI described yesterday. Bet if point a machine gun at him he'll "hide" behind his "invisible wall". :lol:

I really hope they have stupid stuff like this in it. I want that humour back in my GTA badly.

Can't wait to see updated physics. They were great in GTA IV and I bet they have refined them more in GTAV

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#59 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Those screenshots make any game that's out today or in the future look like nothing. GTA V could be the best-looking game in the GTA franchise yet. But it's all about gameplay and how fun it is for me. If Rockstar fails in that department, then GTA V could be a disaster.

seanmcloughlin

Like all GTA screenshots they give away a lot more than just the visuals. There are so many little details in there on gameplay styles and the world itself.

I know that and I know that they are supposed to keep us excited about it, but once you play it, gameplay can make or break the game in its entirety.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Amster_G

And honestly, what other major AAA devs show this much ambition? While Rockstar goes balls-out all the other big devs complain about modern developement costs, and why they need 40$ day one DLC to support their 8-hour campaigns.

darkmoney52

This.

And also, they announced their second upcoming trailer... and everyone has gone nuts. Rockstar seriously knows how to make good games and hype it properly. They know we've been waiting far too long for this so they're now finally throwing not only new details and screens of the game but also a trailer.

Also, they don't make stupid teasers for their trailers. They simply just launch good, full-length trailers.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Anyone else hoping for the cameo of an elderly decrepit Carl Johnson or some missions where you get to mess around with the folks from the Liberty City saga?

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Amster_G

Anyone else hoping for the cameo of an elderly decrepit Carl Johnson or some missions where you get to mess around with the folks from the Liberty City saga?

TheFallenDemon

I think somewhere it's already confirmed that no characters from the previous generation will make an appearance.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Metamania

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

Amster_G

I think somewhere it's already confirmed that no characters from the previous generation will make an appearance.

At least not major characters like CJ, Tom Vercetti, and Niko Bellic, but perhaps random characters.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Amster_G

[QUOTE="Amster_G"]

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

Metamania

At least not major characters like CJ, Tom Vercetti, and Niko Bellic, but perhaps random characters.

"Certain characters from GTA IV and Episodes From Liberty City will also make an appearance. Rockstar's Dan Houser says we'll never see characters from the PS2 era, though. "The five PS2 games are one universe, and this is the high definition universe, so they don't co-exist," he says."

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 archvile_78

The GI article mentionned how switching characters will look a bit like Google Earth with the map zooming out and switching to another character.

Is it safe to say this could look slightly like this?

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

NEW IMAGES

2Yul8.jpg

fY3Me.jpgOlNwX.jpgRoyMK.jpgHZ89K.jpg

Linky's here and here

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Amster_G

Maybe you should've checked the previous pages before posting... :P

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Amster_G"]

Amster_G

"Certain characters from GTA IV and Episodes From Liberty City will also make an appearance. Rockstar's Dan Houser says we'll never see characters from the PS2 era, though. "The five PS2 games are one universe, and this is the high definition universe, so they don't co-exist," he says."

I could have sworn that GI mentioned something about Niko Bellic not making it into the game either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-59b71619573a1

NEW IMAGES

Linky's here and here

sexyweapons

Kinda beat you to it :P

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

what a bunch of berks, assuming that the last page is the first page.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Amster_G

Well, there's only 3 pages before this one that he easily could've scrolled through before posting something "new".

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Pfft. Real Gamespotters have it set to 50 posts per page.:P
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#73 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I'll be properly hyped once they announce a PC version.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Pfft. Real Gamespotters have it set to 50 posts per page.:Prragnaar
That is what I have it set two so there is only 2 pages in this thread.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Amster_G

I'll be properly hyped once they announce a PC version.

Starshine_M2A2

This x 9000. I really want it on PC as I don't own any consoles.

If the PC version is only couple of weeks to a month away from the console launch, I can wait. If Rockstar Games is gonna take their sweet time to release in PC, I may have to buy a console. Who knows how cheap an Xbox 360 of PS3 will be by next year...

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

The New York Times has an interview with Dan Houser.

Q.Do you start with a place, or with the qualities and themes you want to address?

A.The longest part of the process of making one of these games is making the world. If this wasnt the right way to do it, which I think it probably is, anyway, just from a pure production standpoint you have to start building the world as soon as possible. We start with the place, and then the characters come out from the place.

Q.How does the new, three-character structure help you get closer to the ambitions you have for the medium?

A.Just at the conceptual level, the idea was three separate stories that you play in one game. The next bit was, lets not have the stories intersect once or twice but have them completely interwoven. It felt like it was going to be a real narrative strength: you get to play the protagonist and the antagonist in the same story.

Q.At this stage in the process, whats left to do with Grand Theft Auto V?

A.We are editing, fixing, removing, replacing, adding, avidly. Its the equivalent of, if you wrote a book, and you had two million spelling mistakes. And you had to do them by hand, in a language you didnt understand. But once its working, you can sit there and watch the world go by. I still find that magical about them. You dont get that with anything else. The life might be fake, but its still the closest weve come to a living artwork. I think thats the core appeal of them.

NYT

There's more at the link.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Pfft. Real Gamespotters have it set to 50 posts per page.:Prragnaar

That's how mine is :P makes it so much easier to get through I think

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-59b71619573a1

rragnaar

I am starting to think 3 protagonists will be awesome. Especially how he says you play as protagonist and antagonist in the same story. The possibilities

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

seanmcloughlin

I am starting to think 3 protagonists will be awesome. Especially how he says you play as protagonist and antagonist in the same story. The possibilities

I agree with that also I sometimes don't like the protagonist so if there are three protagonists it raises the chances of there being a protagonist that I like playing as in GTAV.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Amster_G

Oooo, think about this: Maybe one of the protagonists dies!!! :( :(

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 archvile_78

Amster_G

If you mean the "you play the protagonist as well as the antagonist" i'm pretty sure it's just a curveball.

What bring those characters together is money and heist being an important part of V it kinda makes 'em antagonist at the same time and anyway protagonist can simply mean hero and not "good guy".

At least that's my take on Houser's statement. Still, i'm not dismissing the fact that someone could turn against the protagonists.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Amster_G

I'd say it's a safe bet one of them dies at some point raising tensions ebtween the other two.

Would be cool if there were multiple scenarios though where one could die or not, that sort of thing would bring GTA to an entire different level. Especially with 3 protagonsists.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Metamania

IGN also promises to have a GTA V blowout of their own. You can see what they will be spilling by going here.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

:lol:

sorry guys,didnt see it.

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Los Santos "photo viewer"

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Amster_G

IGN also promises to have a GTA V blowout of their own. You can see what they will be spilling by going here.

Metamania

Quote from article: "Starting Monday, November 12th, IGN will have a slew of exclusive GTA V content hitting every single day, all week long. From our first impressions of the first mission and the inner-workings of three playable characters, to the gigantic scope of the re-imagined city of Los Santos, you can read about it and watch it all first, right here."

Something in my pants moved...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

AAAAA!

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 archvile_78

More preview started appearing around the Internet so here's the link

Everything you need to know, or at least the interesting point, are in the first post. Many of those previews have been translated so feel free to browse the topic. There's some new shots too but i'll just post my new favorite one.

Wow, is all i can say.

11.jpg

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Amster_G

More pictures!

GTAV.net

http://www.gtav.net/screenshots/#438

One of which;

3.jpg

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

Those screenshots from gameinformer were from the ps3 version *hinting the ps3 version is the lead one*

DSOGaming writes: "Game Informer will be revealing new stuff all month and this is just the beginning, so this is not the end of GTA V's hype. Let's not forget that Rockstar will release the second trailer of GTA V this Wednesday. Game Informer has tested the PS3 version, hinting at PS3 being the lead platform for Rockstar's title, and have not reported anything about slowdowns or framerate issues. Hopefully there won't be such issues in the final version, even though it - more or less - seems like wishful thinking.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/gtav-new-details-map-bigger-than-rdr-san-andreas-gta-iv-maps-combined-underwater-gameplay-improved-engine/

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Metamania

According to Gamespot News, Dan Houser confirmed, in an interview with The Guardian, that the missions of GTA V will have more variety than similiar missions.

"We've focused on variety," Houser said. "I don't think players will say, 'I'm constantly being told what to do, and I go there, I do it, I leave and I do everything in exactly the same way!' I definitely don't think that will be a problem."

To read the interview from The Guardian, go here.

Dan also confirms that they'll be putting in a real score and still keeping music stations as well, so I think that may be a first in GTA's history. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 archvile_78

Dan also confirms that they'll be putting in a real score and still keeping music stations as well, so I think that may be a first in GTA's history. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.Metamania

That is correct, there will be a score during missions only.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]Dan also confirms that they'll be putting in a real score and still keeping music stations as well, so I think that may be a first in GTA's history. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.archvile_78

Very cool. I like that; I hated the silence in the background, except for gunfire, and had wished there was some kind of music playing. I'm glad Rockstar is including this now in GTA V. :)

DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

I'm definitely pre-ordering GTA V. Can't wait to play it; it looks awesome. Here is IGNs preview

NB: There are some spoilers in the preview of the first mission, but if you didn't want to know anything about the game at all before you played it you shouldn't be on this thread anyway :p

Also:

OMG :O

gtav-02jpg-19d0a5.jpg

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]Dan also confirms that they'll be putting in a real score and still keeping music stations as well, so I think that may be a first in GTA's history. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.Metamania

Very cool. I like that; I hated the silence in the background, except for gunfire, and had wished there was some kind of music playing. I'm glad Rockstar is including this now in GTA V. :)

For GTA IV I really thought that before the game came out they said you would be able to play music from your cell phone but i guess that was just a rumor. It would also be pretty nice if you could load songs from your HDD onto your in game phone and then play it from at least some cars that are high end enough for it or maybe even from the phone while walking around.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

Kurushio

For GTA IV I really thought that before the game came out they said you would be able to play music from your cell phone but i guess that was just a rumor. It would also be pretty nice if you could load songs from your HDD onto your in game phone and then play it from at least some cars that are high end enough for it or maybe even from the phone while walking around.

Maybe they'll include that feature for the cell phione in GTA V this time around?

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Amster_G

Why would you want to use your cellphone for that? Why not just have custom radio stations like the PC version does and just play music through there?

Edit: Oh, you mean like as you're walking the streets... Yeah ok that'd be a good idea to have your cellphone as an MP3 player :P

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#98 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

More preview started appearing around the Internet so here's the link

Everything you need to know, or at least the interesting point, are in the first post. Many of those previews have been translated so feel free to browse the topic. There's some new shots too but i'll just post my new favorite one.

Wow, is all i can say.

11.jpg

archvile_78
I hope you can drive that train, the more vehicles the better
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Not sure if this is true but I read that one of the playable characters is an antagonist and we'll be able to play as both protaganist and antagonist? Again not sure how true that is or the validity of the rumor, just what I read.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Metamania

Why would you want to use your cellphone for that? Why not just have custom radio stations like the PC version does and just play music through there?

Edit: Oh, you mean like as you're walking the streets... Yeah ok that'd be a good idea to have your cellphone as an MP3 player :P

Amster_G

Exactly, there you go. Would be a cool transition if you didn't listen to anything, at first, but if you get some headphones, you could plug those into your smartphone, bring up your song list, and then play a song, which instantly comes alive as you are running around, doing whatever.