Grand Theft Auto V Hype Thread - Keep Them Updates Coming!

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

Trailer 2 out now!

http://www.gamespot.com/grand-theft-auto-v/videos/grand-theft-auto-v-trailer-2-6400018/?tag=Topslot;GrandTheftAutoVTrailer;GrandTheftAutoVTraile;WatchTheTrailer

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
I'm guessing we'll find out the protagonist's name. Can't wait, I'm starved for GTA V info.
ItsJoeMama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ItsJoeMama
Member since 2012 • 184 Posts

Hopefully we can get a little more info on the story.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
I hope it's a full trailer and not just a teaser.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#5 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

Can't wait. I want it, I've been waiting long for info and trailers.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Amster_G

I hope it's a full trailer and not just a teaser.F22_King_Raptor

Why would they launch a teaser? They've already given us a full trailer. It'd be silly of them to release a teaser...

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#7 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

I'm predicting a story trailer, plus I can't wait!

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Amster_G

I'm predicting a story trailer, plus I can't wait!

klusps

I'm predicting something erect in my pants while watching the trailer.

colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 colibriosis
Member since 2010 • 598 Posts
AWESOME! But I'm not sure whether to watch the trailer when it comes out or just wait 'till the full game's out and torture myself not knowing what's on that trailer :P Not sure if I'll be able to dodge people talking for 6 months about the trailer though :/
Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Amster_G

AWESOME! But I'm not sure whether to watch the trailer when it comes out or just wait 'till the full game's out and torture myself not knowing what's on that trailer :P Not sure if I'll be able to dodge people talking for 6 months about the trailer though :/colibriosis

Oh you know you're gonna watch it ;)

photokid201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 photokid201
Member since 2007 • 220 Posts
I wonder how many times I'm going to end up watching it after it comes out
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

looking forward to the trailor.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Amster_G

I wonder how many times I'm going to end up watching it after it comes out photokid201

How about the analysis trailer? I'll probably end up watching that a few times over as well, just like with the first one.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#15 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

It's going to be epic, can't wait!

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

We'll get a bunch of details out of the new GameInformer tomorrow. For now, here are some screens and leaked promo material thingies:

TDFQH.jpg

J5euy.jpg

Xaa1H.jpg

IGGZu.jpg

22Ee6.jpg

V0d5V.jpg

This game looks so damn good.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Amster_G

Thanks for the update, dude! I seriously want ittttttttttttttttttwet32r32r123r312r123

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Amster_G

Does anyone think the map could possibly be as big as Just Cause 2's? Or not just yet? I mean, just look at that tiny road going along that creek/river, let alone the enormous mountain side.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I picked up LBPK on Wednesday and preordered GTA5 which got me a double sided poster (drug dealer on one side, hooker on the next) and some small box I haven't bothered to open (I don't give a **** about preorder stuff which isn't DLC). Halo 4 sales and GTA5 preorders are both very brisk judging by the couple minutes I was in the store.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Still unsure about GTA V as a whole, since GTA IV caused me some problems that I truly got annoyed with, so I'm hoping the Game Informer issue that everyone is talking about will bring out a lot more details than just pictures or a short trailer.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Amster_G

Still unsure about GTA V as a whole, since GTA IV caused me some problems that I truly got annoyed with.

Metamania

Honestly, based on purely the released images alone I am 100% positive that this game will be so much better than IV. Also, I personally actually really enjoyed Grand Theft Auto IV. It sure as hell wasn't as broad as San Andreas, but it was a good start on the new consoles (as it was the first time developing a GTA title on PS3/360). So far we know there's planes, jet skis, parachutes, dirt bike racing, possibly animals and possibly properties to own. The size and landscape of what we've seen of the map so far is good enough for me. It's gonna be a blast off-roading on a huge mountain like that!

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rragnaar

Does anyone think the map could possibly be as big as Just Cause 2's? Or not just yet? I mean, just look at that tiny road going along that creek/river, let alone the enormous mountain side.

Amster_G
I'd be amazed if it is as big as JC2, but I think it looks a lot bigger than Liberty City.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#25 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Hopefully it'll be a proper trailer and not just a teaser trailer that shows nothing.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rragnaar

8FCGl.jpg.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Amster_G

Hopefully it'll be a proper trailer and not just a teaser trailer that shows nothing.Rattlesnake_8

I'll say it again;

[QUOTE="F22_King_Raptor"]I hope it's a full trailer and not just a teaser.Amster_G

Why would they launch a teaser? They've already given us a full trailer. It'd be silly of them to release a teaser...

^^^

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Metamania

Link

So, according to the link, there won't be just one, but THREE protagnoists to be dealing with this time. Wow.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rragnaar
There were rumors about multiple protagonists a while ago, and the rumor said you'd be able to switch between them on the fly during missions. That would be awesome if true.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Metamania

There were rumors about multiple protagonists a while ago, and the rumor said you'd be able to switch between them on the fly during missions. That would be awesome if true.rragnaar

I don't know how that would work though. I was thinking you could switch between them for storyline purposes, not just switch them anytime you want, similiar to what you could for Interplay's The Lost Vikings.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Amster_G

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]There were rumors about multiple protagonists a while ago, and the rumor said you'd be able to switch between them on the fly during missions. That would be awesome if true.Metamania

I don't know how that would work though. I was thinking you could switch between them for storyline purposes, not just switch them anytime you want, similiar to what you could for Interplay's The Lost Vikings.

Agreed. It'd be more interesting to me to just play through the game 3 times with the different characters and actually follow an entirely different story with each of them. Kinda like... IV, BOGT and L&D combined into one game, but then with a slightly more connected story of course.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rragnaar
The digital version of GameInformer is out in about 50 minutes. I'll buy it on my phone and get read up on it so I can post the highlights just as soon as it hits the Google Play store.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
The digital version of GameInformer is out in about 50 minutes. I'll buy it on my phone and get read up on it so I can post the highlights just as soon as it hits the Google Play store.rragnaar
Marry me.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rragnaar
It isn't on the Play Store yet, and I guess it is 570something mb, so I won't download that until I'm home. That being said GAF is trickling out some details... -Not set in the PS2 GTA universe, so no CJ or Tommy Vercetti -Each of the protagonists has unique abilities, and there are customization options -You can control any of the protagonists at any time, so long as you aren't on a mission. -Game has a musical score that plays during missions -Interiors+Exteriors in V = bigger than the worlds of RDR, IV and San Andreas combined, with room to spare -The cars hold to the ground a bit better. There are not a lot of high-level racing games out there at the moment, and that itch is going to be scratched by this game in a way maybe it hasn't been in previous GTAs
GT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GT90
Member since 2002 • 6256 Posts

The thing that has me worried is the three protagonists. Rockstar struggled with the telling of the story of just Nico, it has me worried that with three people the story won't be as strong as it should be. Or perhaps it will be, I'm going to remain on the fence until I actually see some storyline from them.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

The world is bigger than RDR, GTA IV, and San Andreas combined? Holy hell.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Posted this already in SW and PS3 forums but for anyone who hasn't yet seen-

• GTA 5 "evolves nearly every mechanic" found in previous games in the series.
  • Features the biggest open world in the series' history - GTA 5's world is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA IV combined.
  • Three playable characters which you can switch between "at nearly any time".
  • Each character has their own specific abilities and story arc, with all three stories intertwined.
  • Camera zooms out to a "Google Earth-style" perspective when switching characters.
  • Character 1 - Michael, an ex-bank robber in his early 40s who retired after making a deal with the FIB. He has two teenage children and hates his wife Amanda. He's also the narrator of the original GTA 5 trailer.
  • Character 2 - Trevor, a former war veteran and a "drugged out psychopath". Has flight experience.
  • Character 3 - Franklin, details unknown.
  • Certain characters from GTA IV and Episodes From Liberty City will also make an appearance. Rockstar's Dan Houser says we'll never see characters from the PS2 era, though. "The five PS2 games are one universe, and this is the high definition universe, so they don't co-exist," he says.
  • No major actors cast as any of the main characters.
  • Big advances to lighting and shader model. Greater draw distance.
  • There will be a "vibrant and fun" economy, but you won't be able to buy property.
  • Heists and bank robberies are a big theme to the game.
  • Improved vehicle handling and physics - "The cars hold to the ground better... It feels more like a racing game," Houser says.
  • More vehicles than in any GTA to date, including BMXs, mountain bikes, road bikes, dirt bikes, cars, trucks, helicopters, planes, ATVs and Jet Skis, but vehicle manufacturers are still fictional.
  • Improved shooting and melee combat. Melee combat "never going to be as big a deal as shooting," though, warns Houser.
  • Los Santos is described as a "huge and diverse city", combining the best of Red Dead Redemption's "large open expanses" with GTA IV's "densely packed urban environment".
  • GTA: San Andreas was about gang culture. GTA 5 is about capturing the "contemporary culture of LA".
  • A variety of different side missions and "more sophisticated" minigames, including yoga, triathlons, Jet Skiing, base-jumping, tennis, and golf. There's a full golf course in the game. You can go scuba diving along the coastline of Los Santos, or do yoga in one of the game's parks.
  • Each character will have unique hobbies - "one or two key minigame activities per character".
  • No RPG-like player customization as found in GTA: San Andreas, but you can customize the clothing of each character.
  • GTA IV's romance feature has been removed.
  • Players can make friends and hang out with certain NPCs in the game, just like GTA IV.
  • GTA IV's mobile phone returns, but a lot of its features have been altered. You'll use it to access the internet.
  • Dynamic missions - hidden missions dotted around the game world. "Going off-road in the desert, you may come across two parked cars and a sea of dead bodies around them... Investigate if you want."
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rragnaar
The city looks amazing. Good lord. The characters go about their daily lives when you aren't controlling them, and there are missions where all three characters converge similar to GTA4 and the Episodes. One character lives in the affluent part of LA, another is down in the beach area, and the third is out in the desert with meth heads and bikers.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Metamania

I'm so glad they toook out the romance horse**** from GTA IV, that was absolutely bull****. I don't know about the aspect of hanging out with friends...I hope that's not a minigame they want you to be focused on.

I'll have to read more from the cover story once I get email from them, saying that my digital issue is here, but from the synopsis that I've read, GTA V looks to be ten times better than what GTA IV did. I also loved hearing how the cars are going to act like it came from a racing game...wonder if they mean something like Saints Row, with that kind of driving and handling, or from a racing game like Forza or Need For Speed?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Amster_G
I figured out the size and it works out to about a quarter the size of JC 2. Which was a stupidly vast but pretty empty game. GTA V sounds easily big enough- bigger than SA, IV and RDR combined.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Metamania

So I read the IGN news story about this whole thing and I heard about a heist mission, where all three characters will do seperate things for the mission, then escape together in a helicopter. I wonder if Rockstar Games will finally be able to incorporate co-op and then let the players run the characters in their own daily lives, then return together for another mission? I think that would be really something special!

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Amster_G

Man, this news is just awesome... and more to come most likely! Now I really cannot wait to see this game in motion next Wednesday.

Thanks for the updates. Keep 'em coming!

wide_ocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 wide_ocean
Member since 2008 • 288 Posts

Posted this already in SW and PS3 forums but for anyone who hasn't yet seen-

"..."

Floppy_Jim

1. "The five PS2 games are one universe, and this is the high definition universe, so they don't co-exist," he says.

- Can I think of a lazier, more useless statement? I can't

2. There will be a "vibrant and fun" economy, but you won't be able to buy property.

- I REALLY hope that "vibrant and fun" means money is hard-earned and hard-spent and has an actual value (see Sleeping Dogs)

3. More vehicles than in any GTA to date, including BMXs, mountain bikes, road bikes, dirt bikes, cars, trucks, helicopters, planes, ATVs and Jet Skis, but vehicle manufacturers are still fictional.

- Yes, MOAR

4. GTA: San Andreas was about gang culture. GTA 5 is about capturing the "contemporary culture of LA".

- Unless the words "as a whole" were left out of the quote, I'd recommend a trip to LA.

5. No RPG-like player customization as found in GTA: San Andreas, but you can customize the clothing of each character.

- I have a huge problem with this, and I'm trying not to be biased, but this was my biggest hope... no trips to the tattoo parlor, I guess..

6. GTA IV's romance feature has been removed.

- Thank GOD. It's annoying enough IRL.

7. GTA IV's mobile phone returns, but a lot of its features have been altered. You'll use it to access the internet.

- I'll give this the benefit of doubt, but it sounds like one of those things that sound cooler than they turn out...

I'm open and neutral towards all other points. I wish San Andreas would've left a deeper mark. Ah yeah, that was the standard-definition universe, forgot.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I think the three character thing is iffy. It has potential to be a huge disaster having three characters that don't get the same attention to detail, plot, and character development focusing on one main character would. I mean its possible they nail it, but I dunno. Why no more buying property? What are we supposed to spend our money on now? I don't care about the size of the map, it is kind of irrelevant to me one way or the other. I don't initially like the idea of a scored soundtrack during missions.... It might grow on me though. I like the sounds of what they are doing with the driving. I like the bank robbery theme.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Metamania

The way GI wrote about GTA V makes it very exciting. I just read the whole cover story and the possibilities are there.

The three characters sounds interesting, but it could be a major disaster at the same time. But if Rockstar can somehow pull it off, all the better.

In any case, the game has garnered enough interest to the point of where I will pre-order it, because I'm interested in seeing where it will go.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Get hyped y'all

GTA_V_13524246247964.jpgGTA_V_13524246231248.jpgGTA_V_13524245054310.jpgGTA_V_13524245059113.jpgGTA_V_13524245043511.jpgGTA_V_13524245048728.jpgGTA_V_13524245046907.jpgGTA_V_13524245045155.jpgGTA_V_13524246248743.jpgGTA_V_13524245058521.jpg

GTA_V_13524246237875.jpg

GTA_V_13524245038808.jpg

More here

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Metamania

Those screenshots make any game that's out today or in the future look like nothing. GTA V could be the best-looking game in the GTA franchise yet. But it's all about gameplay and how fun it is for me. If Rockstar fails in that department, then GTA V could be a disaster.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Those screenshots make any game that's out today or in the future look like nothing. GTA V could be the best-looking game in the GTA franchise yet. But it's all about gameplay and how fun it is for me. If Rockstar fails in that department, then GTA V could be a disaster.

Metamania

Like all GTA screenshots they give away a lot more than just the visuals. There are so many little details in there on gameplay styles and the world itself.