GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1001 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

@BranKetra said:

I did an Allicrombie today and got the Legendary edition of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the PS3 which is in addition to the PC download I bought already.

I bought that a while back after already playing and beating the main story on the 360. I never did complete it to my satisfaction due to the main story being such a let down. In hindsight, I wish I never played the main game till everything else was finished. If I ever do start the PS3 edition I will play with that in mind.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1002  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@Dracula68: I still enjoy watching the old G flicks. I've been a fan since I was six years old and someone brought a VHS copy of Godzilla versus Megalon to our daycare. I still consider the 1950's original to be the best, my second favorite being Godzilla, Mothra,King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All out Attack. Because in that one they had a fantastic one time only suit with a really bulky build and pure white eyes that made him look outright demonic.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#1003  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

I did an Allicrombie today and got the Legendary edition of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the PS3 which is in addition to the PC download I bought already.

i just can't get excited for Skyrim, i don't see the appeal of that game

I like the ability to play as one class or a mix of many.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1004 branketra

@Dracula68 said:

@BranKetra said:

I bought that a while back after already playing and beating the main story on the 360. I never did complete it to my satisfaction due to the main story being such a let down. In hindsight, I wish I never played the main game till everything else was finished. If I ever do start the PS3 edition I will play with that in mind.

I am going to do many side quests which will take some time.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1005 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

sure it's nice, but i tried Oblivian and just couldn't get into that game. It's just not a game for me sadly

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1006  Edited By branketra

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

sure it's nice, but i tried Oblivian and just couldn't get into that game. It's just not a game for me sadly

Skyrim is a different game. While there remains some stat building, there is less than in Oblivion. If you are disinterested by building your jumping ability, you might not be so with The Elder Scrolls V.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1007 The_Last_Ride

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

Skyrim is a different game. While there remains some stat building, there is less than in Oblivion. If you are disinterested by building your jumping ability, you might not be so with The Elder Scrolls V.

it's more the first person view and the gameplay to be honest. I don't like the FP view or how the gameplay is set up

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1008 branketra

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

it's more the first person view and the gameplay to be honest. I don't like the FP view or how the gameplay is set up

The third person mode in that game is improved by more realistic movement and animations. Oblivion's third person mode and animations did a good job showing me as player that I was playing a game. That was not exactly a good thing.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1009  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

The third person mode in that game is improved by more realistic movement and animations. Oblivion's third person mode and animations did a good job showing me as player that I was playing a game. That was not exactly a good thing.

i think there are other games that appeal to me more though

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1010 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts

@Dracula68 said:

Oh excited is I. I do pray this goes a LOT better than the first try.

I just saw that. I looks like it'll be better than the first time someone Stateside decided to make one. Then again, you can't go any lower than that first time.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1011  Edited By branketra

@The_Last_Ride: That we have a variety of video games to choose from is one of the best traits of this medium. If you do not like it then why play?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1012 The_Last_Ride

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride: That we have a variety of video games to choose from is one of the best traits of this medium. If you do not like it then why play?

nah i haven't bought it yet, but i really want to like. That's the sad part :P, but i know i don't like it

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1013 branketra

@The_Last_Ride: I suggest you wait until a discount is availablefor the Legendary edition if you do like it. When playing find one class you like and focus on that because once you unlock some of the highest skills available it becomes quite interesting. My first playthrough, I had a great sword/heavy armor reguard and I was taking down two enemies at a time. I also found a staff that when used summoned a Daedra warrior to fight beside me. Along with those skilss, I learned high level magic and was unleashing it against rooms of other mages. I fought two dragons at once multiple times and won. Shouts can be fearsome weapons in which you burn enemies to their demise or useful tools. I chose to be a Red guard like always and really enjoyed it. You do not have to play previous iterations of TES to enjoy it, but like Mass Effect, it is all one connected place.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#1014 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

nah i haven't bought it yet, but i really want to like. That's the sad part :P, but i know i don't like it

Sounds like me with the Monster Hunter series. I know that feeling.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1015 The_Last_Ride

@1PMrFister said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

Sounds like me with the Monster Hunter series. I know that feeling.

There are just games that seem tempting, but don't look appealing to me. Bioshock is another example

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#1016 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: I am the same way about Bioshock and Dead Space. Yeah, I get that they are good games but I just have no desire to play them...ever

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1017 The_Last_Ride

@chicknfeet said:

@The_Last_Ride: I am the same way about Bioshock and Dead Space. Yeah, I get that they are good games but I just have no desire to play them...ever

Yup same here about both of those games :P. I have opened up to the action adventure genre this gen, but there are just some games, even though they get good reviews don't make a blip on my radar

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1018 Dracula68

@Randolph said:

@Dracula68: I still enjoy watching the old G flicks. I've been a fan since I was six years old and someone brought a VHS copy of Godzilla versus Megalon to our daycare. I still consider the 1950's original to be the best, my second favorite being Godzilla, Mothra,King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All out Attack. Because in that one they had a fantastic one time only suit with a really bulky build and pure white eyes that made him look outright demonic.

At one point I owned all I could get my hands on DVD. I could never get enough. They use to run weekly shows on ABC for about 90 minutes or 2 hours(I forget) each day prior to the 5pm news broadcast back in the 70's. When it was monster week I was glued to the tv set right after school.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1019 chicknfeet

@Dracula68 said:

@Randolph said:

At one point I owned all I could get my hands on DVD. I could never get enough. They use to run weekly shows on ABC for about 90 minutes or 2 hours(I forget) each day prior to the 5pm news broadcast back in the 70's. When it was monster week I was glued to the tv set right after school.

We used to have that on one of the stations back at home every Sunday. Godzilla would always come on after the kung fu shows. The routine was always church, home, kung fu show, Godzilla show...

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1020 1PMrFister

Just wanna drop this here: For the next 48 hours, Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics are available for free on GOG.com. You'll have to make an account, but there aren't any strings attached to doing so.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1021 branketra

@1PMrFister: I was going to either post that information in the deals, bargains, and freebies thread or make a thread for those games later because they deserve one.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1022 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I'm actually replaying Skyrim on PC..

Beat it on PS3 when it first came out.

I'm at level 20 now and have finished the war, the mages college, and just about all the dragonborn dlc. that is a huge expansion!

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1023  Edited By Randolph

I disliked Skyrim tremendously.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1024  Edited By branketra

I am playing the Legendary edition and it is enjoyable. I encountered a vampire for the first time. It easily killed a city store owner and then many citizens and guards swarmed him along with me. During the rush, my follower and the others struck each other and they began fighting. I had to wait until she was downed to explain that I am Thane of that city to be left in peace. After that, a guard kept questioning me about the two dead bodies as if he was not fighting less than one minute ago. Skyrim is a good game, but all the bugs and incomplete parts like what I mentioned one sentence prior to the current one are why I refuse to call it one of the best of all time.

I wish mods were allowed for the PS3 version, but I have vanilla Skyrim on PC, so I can start that if I wish to experiment with those.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1025 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Yeah, some of the mods are really nice. :D

Are you with the Stormcloaks? I went imperials this time.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1026 chicknfeet

Anybody seen the new Hobbit movie yet? Any good? Complete load of crap?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1027  Edited By branketra

@MethodManFTW said:

Yeah, some of the mods are really nice. :D

Are you with the Stormcloaks? I went imperials this time.

I have not joined either faction. The torture chamber at the beginning of the game was a reason why I have avoided becoming a member of the Imperial forces. I am glad those choices are optional because both sides include doing things that I do not approve of. That said, I might join the Imperials because I would like to stop the Stormcloak invasion of Whiterun.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1028 1PMrFister

@BranKetra: I never did finish the civil war side quest. I had too hard of a time deciding which group to side with, since neither side is exactly the good side. I picked Imperial eventually, but that was only so I could finish the main quest, and because most of the morally reasonable people I met were Imperial-affiliated.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1029 Dracula68

@chicknfeet said:

Anybody seen the new Hobbit movie yet? Any good? Complete load of crap?

I watched all LoTR movies so I'll watch all these regardless.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1030 chicknfeet

@Dracula68: I'm supposed to be going tonight after I get off from work. Someone said that there are no after-credit Easter eggs so I can just leave once the credits start rolling.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1031  Edited By Dracula68

@chicknfeet said:

@Dracula68: I'm supposed to be going tonight after I get off from work. Someone said that there are no after-credit Easter eggs so I can just leave once the credits start rolling.

Why would there be? It's not a superhero movie after all :P

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1032  Edited By chicknfeet

@Dracula68: True, but that seemed to be the trend for a while there. A good percentage of the summer blockbuster movies had that little bit at the end of the movie. I would have assumed since this is such a major movie, it would have the bit after the credits just to give the nerds that tingly feeling down below.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1033 Dracula68

@chicknfeet said:

@Dracula68: True, but that seemed to be the trend for a while there. A good percentage of the summer blockbuster movies had that little bit at the end of the movie. I would have assumed since this is such a major movie, it would have the bit after the credits just to give the nerds that tingly feeling down below.

What movies that were not superhero had that?

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1034  Edited By chicknfeet

@Dracula68: Some. Stop calling me out on my bull shit. It's rude

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1035 Dracula68

@chicknfeet said:

@Dracula68: Some. Stop calling me out on my bull shit. It's rude

Sorry, I can't help myself!

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1036 chicknfeet

@Dracula68: For the record - Linkify

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1037 1PMrFister

Anyone following the recent controversy on Youtube's ID Content system? Seems like a lot of people on other gaming sites are really pissed off over what's going on, but I don't really see anything about it here (Unless it's on System Wars, but I'm not going to check there).

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1038 chicknfeet

@1PMrFister:

No. What's going on?

LightEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1039 LightEffect
Member since 2012 • 63 Posts

@chicknfeet: To me it sounds like random sites are claiming copyrights on lots of peoples videos and somehow there are also claims from companies that aren't doing it. YouTube system is broken. Also Nintendo isn't denying the claims, but they don't like Let's Play videos anyway for some reason.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1040  Edited By 1PMrFister

@chicknfeet: Goddammit, my post disappeared. I'll explain after I come back from class. Last class of the semester, woo!

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1041 Dracula68

@1PMrFister said:

Anyone following the recent controversy on Youtube's ID Content system? Seems like a lot of people on other gaming sites are really pissed off over what's going on, but I don't really see anything about it here (Unless it's on System Wars, but I'm not going to check there).

Have not heard about that. All I hear people whining about is Twitter block then unblock crap.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#1042 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Well, I'm afraid I got some bad news. I think my Xbox 360 is on the verge of being dead. It is now getting to the point of where it is overheating and now shuts down within 20 minutes to an hour's worth of gameplay. It has shut down on me multiple times on Batman: Arkham Origins and even on Splinter Cell: Conviction. I don't know if it's due to the Xbox 360 inside or the power supply itself, but either way, I feel like I'm screwed. I don't believe that buying a new Xbox 360 will do anything, because it may just overheat on that one too and shut down completely. So I'm stuck.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1043 1PMrFister

@LightEffect: @Dracula68: @chicknfeet:

The gist of it is that Youtube's Content ID system, an automated program meant to seek out videos using copyrighted information without permission, is going on the fritz and targeting videos focused on gaming now. It's been de-monetizing and flagging videos of Let's Plays and gaming reviews left and right, even those who allegedly have permission to use the material. People who make their livelihood off these kinds of videos (The Angry Joe Show, for instance) have been hit especially hard by this, even if their works generate ad revenue for Google. Several companies have stated they haven't been issuing any claims, but it hasn't stopped videos getting flagged (or even pulled) anyway. Gaming videos aren't the only ones getting targeted, but they are where a lot of the controversy is seemingly coming from.

It may be an issue about an automated system bonking up, but it's re-kindled debates about whether let's play creators should be allowed to make money off their videos, and how much control should copyright holders have over their product.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1044 branketra

@Metamania: What model Xbox 360 do you have? I might get one, but not if the best models fail similarly to the original one.

@1PMrFister: The Elder Scrolls is an interesting game series because many different things comprise it making a relatable, yet different experience for each player's play through.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#1045 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

@BranKetra said:

@Metamania: What model Xbox 360 do you have? I might get one, but not if the best models fail similarly to the original one.

@1PMrFister: The Elder Scrolls is an interesting game series because many different things comprise it making a relatable, yet different experience for each player's play through.

The 250 GB one. It's not the Slim one though, I don't believe.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1046  Edited By branketra

I saw the Desolation of Smaug in 3D earlier tonight. It was a good film. I will not spoil anything in this thread. Do not worry, guys.

@Metamania said:

@BranKetra said:

The 250 GB one. It's not the Slim one though, I don't believe.

If I recall correctly, that 250 GB model was said to be a more reliable version of the Xbox 360 than the original. I was hoping to buy one 360 and keep it for my legacy collection, but if it will stop working after several years, I might get something else.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1047 Randolph

@1PMrFister: Skyrim did not feature a civil war side quest, more like a noisy skirmish. A dozen or so people bashing each other in the streets of a very small village = / = a war. That side quest was just silly, and both sides were so similar they may as well have been the same thing.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#1048 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@Randolph said:

@1PMrFister: Skyrim did not feature a civil war side quest, more like a noisy skirmish. A dozen or so people bashing each other in the streets of a very small village = / = a war. That side quest was just silly, and both sides were so similar they may as well have been the same thing.

Yep. Plus those quests were some of the most broken in the entire game when I tried them. Just awful all-around.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1049  Edited By 1PMrFister

@c_rakestraw: Sounds like I dodged a bullet, then.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1050  Edited By branketra

@c_rakestraw said:
@Randolph said:

Yep. Plus those quests were some of the most broken in the entire game when I tried them. Just awful all-around.

How interesting that all three versions of vanilla Skyrim received metacritic scores over ninety despite having many bugs.