Ever gotten mad while playing videogames???

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bored88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 bored88
Member since 2004 • 4978 Posts
I get mad almost every time I play video games.  I threw controllers a lot when I was younger.  I got really really mad at Motorstorm and threw my sixaxis, and it didn't break.
Toaster_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Toaster_Cell
Member since 2006 • 3062 Posts
Ninja Gaiden. Need I say more?
chasingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 chasingu
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I think the Legend of Zelda Twilight princess was the first game that made me mad. I mean when i was battling the city of the sky boss the controller did not respond for 5 minutes.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#54 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
all the rime. i get frustrated easily
Axed54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Axed54
Member since 2006 • 2963 Posts
First time thru Farcry(pc) along time ago, the last few levels were insanely hard.  I didn't break anything, but came close!
Aaluleenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Aaluleenn
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I dont remember every braking anything but i do remember pullin bak on my controller for n64 or any of those consoles at that time and the whole console basically flying towards me....i wud pik it up give it a nice hug and put it bak.
But for the nex gen consoles i ususally just throw out a mother F er here n there or just bang my controller on the ground not to bad ive learned that you cant win em all and its only a dam video game.
Ice_man91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ice_man91
Member since 2006 • 245 Posts
I get mad but i never brake the controller/console (they arent cheap). usually i just swear or if im really mad id kick the coffee table 
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

No, I'm not a caveman.

I have a friend that gets pissed when playing Gamecube games on my Wii though. One time he through my Wavebird at the floor then kicked it across the room. I gave him a firm ass beating. 

wcane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 wcane
Member since 2003 • 100 Posts
Yeah I've gotten mad. Most of the time I just call the game cheap and punch the couch (even in my anger I realise that breaking a controller is going to cost me a few hours of work). The only time where it gets really physical is multiplyer games, namely virtua fighter and super smash bros. When any one of me or my friends start going on a roll everyone will start calling that player cheap and if it goes on long enough it's not strange to see punches thrown =(
martinoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 martinoob
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
Just the other day playingn POP rival swords on wii. The last boss is infuriating, i threw the controller against the wall many times. Beat it in the end though.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#61 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

Have you ever gotten mad while playing videogames that you threw your contoller, destory your game, or destory your system??? Just wondering.... Have you???

AnalogOdyssey

I got mad when I bought a game and realized how poor the game is and wasted 50 dollars. 

niptuckSean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#62 niptuckSean
Member since 2006 • 2434 Posts
Lately I was getting really mad when I couldn't get a certain stunt ring in Crackdown, and it ended up taking me several hours. The first time I would have gotten the stunt ring it disappeared right as my car was going to go through it, I wanted to throw my 360 at the wall, but then I wouldn't be able to play the Halo 3 Beta. Thinking ahead ;)
321HeadWound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 321HeadWound
Member since 2003 • 1130 Posts

Almost every day while playing Battlefield 2.

Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 Toribor
Member since 2005 • 3255 Posts

Soul Calibur III  frustrates me endlessly.

Man, imagine a fight where the enemy can block nearly every attack you through at them, they are insanely fast, have long range weapons that are also amazingly powerful. This is what you get:

ENLESS FRUSTRATION! 

Avatar image for boomshakalaka88
boomshakalaka88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 boomshakalaka88
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts
Ya long time ago i was playing donkey kong 64 for the nintendo 64 and something made me really mad and i threw my controller at the wall and hit the center of the 64 and it chipped....
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

No, I'm not a caveman. 

Boba_Fett_3710

AHHHH!!! You are a robot that has no feelings (they can't feel). Get away. GET AWAY FROM MEEEEEE!!! :cry:

Bluegamer216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bluegamer216
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Ya I used to, but mostly it was when I was online getting Pwned :P
ss_713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ss_713
Member since 2006 • 838 Posts
Yeah, I get mad sometimes, but mostly I just get frustrated. I've never broken a controller though.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
ive gotten mad many times at games, ive never took it out on the game/controller/ or console tho, but in the winter i had a stand up cheapy room heater that i would punch the hell out of, and in the summer i take it out of the fan
texasfight54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#70 texasfight54
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts
Yeah... Burnout revenge. I occasionally throw the controller into my bed or punch the bed but nothing damaging. Except once...well i had pacman on my cellphone and the controls were weird for me... and i got really pissed cause the red ghost got me and i threw my cell phone at the wall. the screen broke and the buttons were displaced...
eo12601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71 eo12601
Member since 2003 • 4814 Posts
I've screamed.  Mostly while playing star wars clone wars.  God that game was so hard.
PierSkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PierSkillz
Member since 2007 • 2952 Posts
no, because I am not a freak of nature..
Avatar image for deactivated-5855efbca02a1
deactivated-5855efbca02a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#74 deactivated-5855efbca02a1
Member since 2005 • 9341 Posts
The last time I got mad is when my RE3 wouldn't save on my memory card, so I punched myself in the face several times. I believe that was last month. I threw my controller at my door, and now there is a hole in the door, and smacked the hell out of my leg. Yesterday, I almost went nuts when my Oblivion crashed, but I just put my head inbetween my knees, pulled a funny face and screamed so loud. That almost helped.
made_by_semen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 made_by_semen
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts

Anyone remember Ironsword for the NES?  I was a pretty fun game for its time, but it used to get me SOOOO p.o.'d!  Extra lives were very limited and you could not save your game at all.  When you were dead, you were dead.  I used to leave my NES on pause all day when I went to school and just turn the TV off.  Many times I would come home to find that someone had turned off my game, ruining a whole days work!  I'm not sure when the option to save your game became standard, but DANG, it sure made things whole lot easier. 

Oh yeah, I've broken a few controllers back in the day, but most of the damage came from people tripping on the wires.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I have a friend who used to bite on his SNES controller when he would lose at Street Fighter II.
Solaris222002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Solaris222002
Member since 2004 • 979 Posts
Ive gotten mad but I dont take it out on the controller or the console. I just play until I get through the part, save then turn the game off.
CGavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 CGavin
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts
I never throw my controls but I twist the hell out of them... I have broken a few.
Pinb0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Pinb0t
Member since 2007 • 615 Posts
I actually managed to crush a mouse in my hand while playing BF2.  Kinda funny but it pissed me off because it was an expensive gaming mouse that wasn't easy to replace.
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts

Oh yeah.  Counter-Strike, God of War, many others.  GW2 made me mad the most recently, specifically the part where

[spoiler] you were turning a lever around and round to make the platform go down a hole, skeletons were all over you and jammed up the gears.  Once you got to the bottom you had to open a door, all the time spikes were baring down on you [/spoiler]

Took forever to beat it. 

Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Darth_Tyrev
Member since 2005 • 7072 Posts
When I was playing Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets I got so frustrated that I threw it in my little safe and flushed the key down the toliet. It's still in there too, havn't opened it in years.
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#82 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Yeah I broke a couple N64 controllers.
Avatar image for ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ThePhantomGamer
Member since 2005 • 1816 Posts
No.  The most I've ever gotten was fusturated at a game.
thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#84 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
Hmmmm.......Well that's easy the answer is yes. I have broken a few controlers but never the games or the console. Of course one of the controlers was broken because it wasn't working right and it ticked me off. But of course now I've learned to just shut the game off when I start getting mad at it and leave it alone for a while.
Rayk3400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#85 Rayk3400
Member since 2006 • 1445 Posts
When it's not a competitive game I usually just yell at my tv if I get mad at a hard boss or something. But if it's online and its competitive. I trow controllers, bite controllers, punch my psp, kick things around, etc.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]

No, I'm not a caveman.

Nifty_Shark

AHHHH!!! You are a robot that has no feelings (they can't feel). Get away. GET AWAY FROM MEEEEEE!!! :cry:

Don't get me wrong, I've been pissed about losing a game save or accidentily deleting my file. It's just playing games relaxes me. 

Axel_rocks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#87 Axel_rocks14
Member since 2007 • 780 Posts
When i was little playing pokemon yellow trying to beat brock over and over again. I would shake and cuss like crazy and get headaches and almost scream. I got over it ;)
skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 skingus
Member since 2006 • 2370 Posts
I do plenty o' cussing and yelling, but I never have broken anything. I don't like buying things that I already own. ;)
Avatar image for monsternachoman
monsternachoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 monsternachoman
Member since 2006 • 1264 Posts
Only when people rub it in my face that I lost or a boss or level is difficult and i keep losing. But i've never broke anything I just keep trying until I beat it or turn it off and play something else for awhile.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

When I was playing Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets I got so frustrated that I threw it in my little safe and flushed the key down the toliet. It's still in there too, havn't opened it in years.Darth_Tyrev

OMG, I think we have a winner.

commando611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 commando611
Member since 2007 • 1728 Posts

yeah..sometimes

jongaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 jongaska
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
I used to get so pissed in Castlevania Draculas Curse when I was on the last level and almost had dracula killed then die.That sh*t would make me mad.Id have to start from the beginning of the level.I threw the controller a few times in those days. 
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Boba_Fett_3710

I used to get so pissed in Castlevania Draculas Curse when I was on the last level and almost had dracula killed then die.That sh*t would make me mad.Id have to start from the beginning of the level.I threw the controller a few times in those days. jongaska

You just reminded me of the time my brother played through Resident Evil 2 without saving then died fighting Birkin for the last time. He was so upset he never played the game again.

Darth_Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#94 Darth_Homer
Member since 2004 • 5779 Posts

I don't get mad. I get stabby...haha...

I do get mad when I play games, but it's only when I'm doing poorly for no apparent reason. I haven't destroyed any controllers or discs yet...

cheekysniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 cheekysniper
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Oh yes. Every time I try and complete Destroy all Humans!!
X-Faktor0858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 X-Faktor0858
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I have gotten mad countless of times i have shattered ps2 controllers on the floor.....i brok my gameboy pocket by throwin it against the wall.....but all in all as u get older u mature and can take not winning or juts getting stomped in a game a lil bit easier...and not break as many things

AbusementPark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 AbusementPark
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
Of course I've gotten angry at a video game, but I never SHOW it. I mean, I don't go on a rampage or anything. If a game really pisses me off, I just make a really bad review for it. That usually calms me down.
Calebman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Calebman
Member since 2003 • 518 Posts

Countless times. When I was a bit younger, I used to vent my frustration mainly by hitting things. But now, I know that a game is just a game, and it's really nothing worth fretting over.luke1889

Knowledge doesn't always change things. I know I shouldnt get mad but I still do. I try to quit playing before breaking something. But it really makes me depressed to keep losing, and when I get angry and depressed I start playing worse and worse and eventually I may break something. Usually I just crush pop cans. Recently I've been biting my pillow when angry. My carnivor instincts are kicking in.

kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts

I had a problem when I was younger; looking back it's almost kinda scary. There were some NES games, especially the original Castlevania, that made me go crazy. Castlevania used to get me so mad that I'd swing the controller around my head like a lasso then strike it against a table, and I'd also pound my fist against the actual console from time to time. Amazingly, neither the controller nor the console ever broke -- cracked, but didn't break.

These days if I get angry I usually just swear. I've mellowed a bit but I also wonder if they just don't make games quite as annoying as they used to. :P  The last game that made me so angry I felt the need to pound my fist on something was HL1. I do still swear pretty loudly if the game gets me mad but a lot of times it's at my own crappy performance.

Avatar image for nintendo_fan135
nintendo_fan135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#100 nintendo_fan135
Member since 2007 • 409 Posts

I can remember three occasions where I got mad while playing a game.

1) When I played Rainbow Six Lockdown, I tried to buy the God Mode cheat (okay, so I'm a cheater) only to find out that you have to buy all the other cheats first. I got so mad that I buried Rainbow Six Lockdown under all the other games I own (and trust me. I have a lot of games).

2) I played Killer7 for about two hours and never beat the first level. I quit the game and threw my controller blindly. Luckily, it landed on the couch I was sitting on.

3) This one isn't really me but it's just funny. My dad (that's right. My dad plays games) was playing Advance Wars Dual Strike and trying to get an A rank on one of the tougher missions. He tried about seven COs before he finally did it. But everytime he failed he would toss my DS away and curse like crazy. I would be forced to try and catch my DS before it hit the ground. Then after a few hours had passed he would become mister mellow and try again like nothing happened in the first place.