Ever gotten mad while playing videogames???

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AnalogOdyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 0

#1 AnalogOdyssey
Member since 2007 • 746 Posts

Have you ever gotten mad while playing videogames that you threw your contoller, destory your game, or destory your system??? Just wondering.... Have you???

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
Countless times. When I was a bit younger, I used to vent my frustration mainly by hitting things. But now, I know that a game is just a game, and it's really nothing worth fretting over.
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
My friend was playing Def Jam: Fight for New York, and he slammed my PS2 controller on my hard wood floor when Carmen Electra wouldn't be his girlfriend.
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
I have gotten furious, but unlike some people, I actually have restraint.
anman4707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 anman4707
Member since 2006 • 590 Posts
I threw my wireless ps2 controller at the wall and now i have 1 a broken wireless controller and 2 a hole in the wall seriously
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Back in the N64 PS1 days and earlier yeah. OH and Super gouls n ghosts or whatever its called for the SNES, I went through a few controllers there.
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts
I think everyone gets mad at something when playing a game. Im just not one of those people who throw stuff. I pay good money for my stuff to be throwing stuff around.
Serge-Chrono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Serge-Chrono
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts

I have gotten furious, but unlike some people, I actually have restraint.Food_Nipple

Well, I'm the same as you. When I feel the need to throw my controller into the ground I find a old one and break it (highly unlikely though) or I just think, how long do you think it will take me to GET another controller like this.  

jak10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jak10
Member since 2006 • 22272 Posts

i use to not anymore

oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
Ya, but only when playing online.
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts

Actually today, I got more mad than I have in a very long time, I was doing mercs in the ps2 version of RE4 (i beat it long ago on GC), the last thing I had to 5 star was waterworld with Hunk and in the ps2 version the double chainsaw ***** spawns differently than they do on GC... and since all Hunk can really do is grenade them (which... may.. or may not stun them, and his TMP definatly wont) that can be... very... very... very annoying... but I just punched my desk... I dont break stuff....

Then my brother texted me about the Gears maps and .. apperently he's gonna buy them... (I couldent do it out of pricipal) and that made me less angry... (for some reason). 

DazKurupt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 DazKurupt
Member since 2006 • 1370 Posts

I threw a barstool through a pac man arcade game at a bar one time  ....dam ghosts...wait a min that wasnt me.

Seriously ive had times in the distant past where i would jerk my controller  and my system would fly off its perch but now days all my 1st player controllers are wireless so im aight.

My ex though threw my first ps2 off a balcony a few times and broke it :cry: 

In_Vino_Verita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 In_Vino_Verita
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
I've went thru probly about 3 ps2 controllers just from constant spiking when i get stuck in a game. I calmed down a bit now tho:P
ct1257860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#14 ct1257860
Member since 2006 • 4441 Posts
Countless times. When I was a bit younger, I used to vent my frustration mainly by hitting things. But now, I know that a game is just a game, and it's really nothing worth fretting over.luke1889
Me too i would punch stuff and slam my controller and break it but now its like eh o well.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts
Like someone said I use to, once I broke my NBA 2K2 Disc in half after being so pissed off at losing a playoff game, but I was playing with the difficulty all the way up. I broke the disc, and tears were coming down my face, and that was only what 5 years ago. I was really sad that I broke the game afterwards, it was tight.
Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lurkero
Member since 2003 • 807 Posts
Ninja Gaiden, Tekken 5 (last boss), King of Fighters 2006 (last boss), Devil May Cry 3...and many more. Need more reasons to get mad?
DazKurupt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DazKurupt
Member since 2006 • 1370 Posts

Ninja Gaiden, Tekken 5 (last boss), King of Fighters 2006 (last boss), Devil May Cry 3...and many more. Need more reasons to get mad?robfield

ooh yah specialy dmc3 that was frustrating , doa4 last boss ticks me off too sometimes she so cheezy.

Sansname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: -2

#18 Sansname
Member since 2004 • 2643 Posts
I've broken a PS2 and XBOX controller. I don't get mad to that point anymore, but I still get pretty pissed off.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
A lot of Mega Man games have pissed me off. I remember saying out loud, "The designers of this game made this to piss me off I swear...this is B.S!" FFXI has gotten me pretty mad as well. I broke my keyboard because one of the party members really ticked me off.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
All of the time. I need to learn to control myself.
Ninety-2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ninety-2
Member since 2003 • 920 Posts
I just tossed the controller earlier today while playing Madden. The AI in that game is really frustrating. Luckily, I chucked the controller into my soft leather couch...
Abby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Abby88
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts
I do get pretty mad sometimes, but I've never been known to break anything. I just cuss like a sailor.
L8erSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 L8erSquare
Member since 2007 • 2599 Posts
When i first got into games i did every now and then... but then i grew up, developed my gaming skills and haven't had a hard enough time while playing a VG to get mad ever since then.
Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts
I get mad at games all the time, but I never damage the actual system, controllers etc. I prefer to give the couch a good whack, vents some of the frustration good and proper. If I get REALLY, REALLY angry though (fairly rare unless the game is bloody hard), I sometimes thump the crap out of my legs. I figure they'll heal in a short while, without needing money.
Revelade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Revelade
Member since 2005 • 1862 Posts

It's because you're so used to winning.

I mean when you play something on easy mode, you keep succeeding and so on.

Then when you crank on normal or hard, then you start faltering. People need to realize that losing is normal. But the easy modes of today have given us a false illusion of winning all the time. Once you realize that it's okay to lose, then you start to learn from losses. 

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19561 Posts
It doesn't happen often, but if I do end up getting pissed off by a game, I usually just turn it off and walk away.  I've never broken a controller, a monitor, or anything like that.
Shillster89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shillster89
Member since 2007 • 1508 Posts
i wouldn't say mad but i have gotten pretty frustrated if i keep dieing in a certain part or wutever
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

I think everyone gets mad at something when playing a game. Im just not one of those people who throw stuff. I pay good money for my stuff to be throwing stuff around.Kage1

Yep, I've gotten mad once or twice, but I never took it out on the system or my environment. After all, most of the time it is my error.

michele01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 michele01
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Yeah i feel with you.  Been through almost ermm stop counting how many controllers, mouses, keyboards.... i had to get them replaced cos of rage during games.  Like one of my friends gave me a smartie box saying "incase of uncontrollable rage..."
bob_geldof221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bob_geldof221
Member since 2004 • 3259 Posts
football manager 97-98 did send me in fits of rage so much so that i had to replace my monitor twice in a year due the constant punching i gave it...........to be fair i look back at that time and laugh it was me more that the game that had the problem ha ha dam hormones.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#31 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

Does the Pope crap in the woods? Er... yes I mean to say.

Give me a platformer like Super Mario Bros where the constant jumping followed by one tiny slip up or an ultra cheap boss like Alpha 152 from DoA4 or M. Bison from Street Fighter 2, and I'll go bat **** insane and my bloodpressure will boil through the roof. Generally I try to relieve my anger playing games... it's just some games do it in reverse to me.

Then again I don't think I've ever met someone who plays games and hasn't gotten furious from playing them at least once in their life.

DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts
Occasionally I swear at the TV...but I think the most pissed off I've ever been in my life was that chocobo race in FFX where the birds would kamikaze into you. I think I punched a chair or something.
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

Goodness yes! Unlike people with restraint I have decades of frustration built up in my extremely bi-polar brain and it is unleashed upon hapless controllers from time to time as some have been witnessed to. The first one I remember purposefully destroying was an old Atari one-button joystick controller for the Atari 1200XL computer system. I was playing some fun Tempest knock-off on a fairly worn down (but comfortable) controller when I pronounced judgement on said joystick's lack of ability to move quick enough and I tore the stick off the base of the controller in an attempt to right the balance of the cosmos.

It was a somewhat bittersweet parting as that was the joystick that go me through the entire blacked out screen levels of "Montezuma's Revenge"(hey kids how would you like to play through a platform game in which you can't see any of the platforms so you have to have every level memorized to the pixel) . I had more sticks though so I was up and at 'em in no time. 

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Yeah I get very frustrated sometimes but I have never thrown it at anything like that. I usually just punch some like my bed or a pillow.
VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts
Mostly when I was younger. But recently, VF 5 without an arcade stick ridiculously hard without the ability to use the analog - that's the last time I threw my controller.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
Yeah once and I got some self control after that, but I was pissed off in general and having a hard time and while trying to get the bunker level finished in whatever ridiculous time rare wanted it done in I failed by a second and launch my golden N64 controller at a wall smashing it :?.  I managed to get it together ok with a screw driver though :) and it still works fine to this day but it tought me a lesson in not playing frustrating games when Im already wound up.
Wildtigerrei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Wildtigerrei
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts

I have broke a Xbox DUKE controller when I was trying to beat HALO on Legendary.

One time I was trying to show my friend a new DVD I got and I was trying to control it with my PS2 controller and I got so pissed off that is wasn't working I just snapped the PS2 controller in half....then my wife handed me my Xbox DVD Controller and called me a moron and walked away....

DeathWishv1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DeathWishv1
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts
I get mad sometimes, only if im stuck on a part and its really hard. I've never broke anything though. I usually just sware or talk to my self, to pump me up xD. My controller didint need to be thrown anyways. I broke it enough times by tripping over the cord. Thank god for wireless.
Sam_Pettican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Sam_Pettican
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
I do mostly all the time xP
Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lurkero
Member since 2003 • 807 Posts
I forgot to answer the question earlier...No I have never gotten mad to the point where I broke/threw something...it's not worth it. Also, definatly add Megaman games to my list, specially the SNES ones.
eXor512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 eXor512
Member since 2006 • 3384 Posts
I loved the PS2 controller. I must have thrown that poor controller on the ground 100 times and it still works fine, rattles a little, but works fine. The most recent time I got angry was in God Of War II in the awful part where you have to push the statue through the fire while the enemies are after you. I got it to the end and accidently fell off the cliff and died. I spiked the PS3 controller like a football into the ground and it bounced up and all the way over my couch. Now I'm just accepted the fact that God Of War II is a vastly overrated and disappointing game.
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#43 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
only when people explosive whore the whole game in bf2142
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
A few times. Like when I first got crash bandicoot 11 years ago I kicked my ps1.
jacob2125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jacob2125
Member since 2003 • 1003 Posts
When I first started playing videogames I would squeeze the controller realy hard when I got mad. After months of doing that the thing finaly went screw ball on me. Those little Gamecube controllers are pretty durable I have to hand it to them. I try to control my emotions while I play videogames now, so I mainly resort to cursing under my breath. Other than that first GC controller I don't break things, it's a waste of money.
Latchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Latchet
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hah, many times. I only remember a few though. Once, when I was younger, I was playing Link's Awakening DX on my Gameboy Color. I remember I was facing one of the first bosses, the one that goes in the sand and comes back up and you are required to hit its tail. I got so frustrated with that so I threw my gameboy. It was fine though.

Then, Shadow of the Colossus. I remember facing the sand boss in the cavern where you must hit it with an arrow. I couldn't figure out what to do so I eventually just started mashing buttons and ended up glitching and I was in the wall. Heh.

Why do sand worms always give me a hard time? 

Deku_Grumble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Deku_Grumble
Member since 2007 • 331 Posts
All the time.  My bedroom is a controller chucking arena in disguise!  I've learned not to throw controllers recently because of the wrist straps on the Wii Remotes.
ShadowFFVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#48 ShadowFFVI
Member since 2004 • 378 Posts
I'm sure most people do, it just really depends on how mad your talking about, but generally I'm one of the more relaxed gamers on Xbox Live.
cashgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cashgee
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

yeah,i've broken my neighbours window, killed him and burned his damn house down.

but i was still angry. 

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

i get really pissed playing racing games like burnout revenge but im no the controller throwing type person i just crawl into a dark room play emo music and cut myself
blaster_chief

That a boy :lol:

As for me... well I sure am not a big fan of losing so yeah I get mad when I play games.