Ernst van Hoorn mission is starting to...

JJMikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 JJMikhail
Member since 2003 • 592 Posts

Yep pretty much.

Keep dying and no matter how many times I attack and defend I always get caught out, and this is on the easiest difficulty level.

Any 'cheat' I could use to bypass this quest or even vapourise the enemy in one hit? Sounds desperate but never known any game to be like this, even hitting them is not doing much and that's with 100% sword whether it be silver or steel!

If it comes to it, maybe I missed out on a number of things before and could have better equipped weapons before doing this mission perhaps? Wouldn't mind starting the game over if it comes to it.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@JJMikhail: no.just no cheats,retrace your steps,see what makes your character look like a wimpy-ass loser,and what game are you referring to?

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#3  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

Witcher 3 being the game seemed pretty obvious to me, but it definitely helps to mention which game regardless, not everyone is going to immediately make that guess - I'm assuming you mean the sword and dumplings quest, specifically the part where you have to fight said character along with his thugs? Chances are you've taken the quest too early and it's designed to be done a bit later on (recommended level for it is 25, though it's possible to finish it at a much lower level than that, especially with the help of axii), but there's walkthroughs on youtube for the quest, including said fight that you should be able to find quite easily - beyond what's in them I can only really suggest levelling up more or getting used to when you need to evade to avoid taking hits. With enough practice you can generally do quests below the recommended level even if that is the issue - it's mainly down to whether or not you're willing to put in the effort to do so or would rather revert to an earlier save.

JJMikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 JJMikhail
Member since 2003 • 592 Posts

# @Smashbrossive50 hilarious reponse, yes for a minute I thought I put that into the Witcher 3 forum discussion which obviously I haven't.

@robotopbuddy the effort from me is there, just seem a bit unlucky with the stance that the character is in when I get hit once and well that's it I'm dead. I will probably start again from scratch after giving it a few go's.

Cheers guys.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@JJMikhail: oh don't worry,maybe you can repost that here. people who are still playing and talking about The Witcher 3 might help you...just apologize if I'm rusty in RPG,as that isn't my forte.

or better yet.tell the mods to move this thread to the link I sent you