Bosses you could never beat/couldn't be bothered to.

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Dark Gaia - Sonic Unleashed

Death - Castlevania(Lament of Innocence)

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#2 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
The final boss in Red Ninja (PS2)
Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

i gave up on wild arms 1 for 6 months on the first boomerang battle,then i returned,beat him on my first try and finished the game which is now one of my favourites

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

Ruby and Emerald weapons in FF7 , I suppose I could have beaten them if I really put effort into it, but I figured it was better to move on to other games, rather than spend alot of time on something which isn't going to give me much of a reward.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Seymour Flux in FFX. At least I think it was his flux form; it's the version of Seymour you fight in the mountians as you make your final push towards Zanarkand. Couldn't beat him no matter what I tried and the realisation that the bosses would only get harder led me to give up the game in despair. This is the result of pretty much all my attempts to conquer the more recent Final Fantasies.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
A weird tentacle monster on top of a flying airship in Final Fantasy X.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Never could beat the final boss in Metroid: Prime on Gamecube. So freaking hard. You have to be absolutely perfect or you're toast.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. I did manage to actually beat it, once. But I swear it was sheer luck, so it doesn't really count. It's just so hard after making it through the path to the final palace with all those mini-areas, then the even harder final palace itself, then there's the boss battle with The Phoenix, and immeadiatly following is the battle with Shadow Link. Soooo freaking hard!

In Battle of Olympus for NES, I couldn't even make it to the final boss. I could always get to the evil palace where he resides, then the maze and the crazy powerful henchmen would kick the crap out of me. It's a shame, too, because I love that game.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GreekGameManiac

Never could beat the final boss in Metroid: Prime on Gamecube. So freaking hard. You have to be absolutely perfect or you're toast.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. I did manage to actually beat it, once. But I swear it was sheer luck, so it doesn't really count. It's just so hard after making it through the path to the final palace with all those mini-areas, then the even harder final palace itself, then there's the boss battle with The Phoenix, and immeadiatly following is the battle with Shadow Link. Soooo freaking hard!

In Battle of Olympus for NES, I couldn't even make it to the final boss. I could always get to the evil palace where he resides, then the maze and the crazy powerful henchmen would kick the crap out of me. It's a shame, too, because I love that game.

Emerald_Warrior

Lol....if you think that was hard,try beating him in the PAL version of the game,they raised the difficulty.

Or the Hard mode of that version,with no extra energy tanks for that matter.(lol.impossible.)

Pls tell me you did beat MP2? Boost Guardian & Spider Guardian were super hard,but beat them even on Hard mode.

Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

GreekGameManiac

Lol....if you think that was hard,try beating him in the PAL version of the game,they raised the difficulty.

Or the Hard mode of that version,with no extra energy tanks for that matter.(lol.impossible.)

Pls tell me you did beat MP2? Boost Guardian & Spider Guardian were super hard,but beat them even on Hard mode.

oh it was even harder in pal,i guess thats why it broke my nerves till i beat him:P

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GreekGameManiac

oh it was even harder in pal,i guess thats why it broke my nerves till i beat him:P

Hate_Squad

:S you never knew all these years???

Stefan91x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Stefan91x
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

Dulahan in Golden Sun 2, I would even say he is the hardest boss out of all JRPGs.

hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 hurriflash
Member since 2008 • 645 Posts

Emerald_Warrior

I arrived until to Ridley and i couldn't beat his second time...so i gave up and i sold the game

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Some boss in Vagrant Story where apprently I don't have the right weapon and didn't feel like backtracking.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Ruby and Emerald weapons in FF7 , I suppose I could have beaten them if I really put effort into it, but I figured it was better to move on to other games, rather than spend alot of time on something which isn't going to give me much of a reward.

Darkman2007

I beat Emerald, but forget about Ruby! I am nearly convinced he is invincible. I probably spent a good 30-hours just trying to beat Ruby. Maybe one of these days I'll try again.

In addition to this, I've never beat Gallian from Lunar Silver Story Complete, who I am also convinced is impossible.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

I beat Emerald, but forget about Ruby! I am nearly convinced he is invincible. I probably spent a good 30-hours just trying to beat Ruby. Maybe one of these days I'll try again.

In addition to this, I've never beat Gallian from Lunar Silver Story Complete, who I am also convinced is impossible.

funny enough I did beat Ghaleon . with Emerald , Im not sure what to do , i have the underwater materia, and I essentially used Knights of the Round summon 4 times , and it wouldn't kill him. and its not as though my characters are weak either, Cloud is level 91 I think, while the other characters are in the region of 75-85.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Darkman2007

funny enough I did beat Ghaleon . with Emerald , Im not sure what to do , i have the underwater materia, and I essentially used Knights of the Round summon 4 times , and it wouldn't kill him. and its not as though my characters are weak either, Cloud is level 91 I think, while the other characters are in the region of 75-85.

It's been a while since I last beat Emerald and tried taking on Ruby (2001 or so), but from what I remember, I leveled up pheonix and this other materia that allows you to do one final attack before dying (forgot the name) and functioned them in a joined materia slot. So everytime the character with those materia died, pheonix would be summoned and would bring back any fallen party members. Like you I also leveled up Knights of the Round like crazy and all my characters were at level 99. I recommend training in that cave right before you fight sepheroth and use weapons with triple growth to make the process go a little quicker.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

It's been a while since I last beat Emerald and tried taking on Ruby (2001 or so), but from what I remember, I leveled up pheonix and this other materia that allows you to do one final attack before dying (forgot the name) and functioned them in a joined materia slot. So everytime the character with those materia died, pheonix would be summoned and would bring back any fallen party members. Like you I also leveled up Knights of the Round like crazy and all my characters were at level 99. I recommend training in that cave right before you fight sepheroth and use weapons with triple growth to make the process go a little quicker.

like I said I don't think the levels are a problem , I also have the best weapons for every character, (well , apart from Aeris, but obviously thats not important) , so it is probably strategy. that said, Ive played that game to death , to the point where I got sick of it, its still one of my favourites, but Ive put hundreds of hours playing and replaying the game.
Plisken1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Plisken1
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts

The last boss on hoth on super empire strikes back, only game in the series i couldnt beat

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Darkman2007

Beating the Emerald Weapon was quite the accomplishment for me :) (Ruby was quite easy), but yeah there was very little reward...

There aren't really any bosses I can think of that I haven't gotten past. The issue for me is the game itself. Sometimes I cannot get past certain portions of games, whether it is gameplay, length or boredom, that is where I usually end up stopping.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
The attack chopper boss in the Xbox game "Breakdown." Couldn't beat it and did bother trying to beat it most due to the control issues within the game.
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

The endgame boss in Summoner 1 i never beat. But i suspect that was because i played the game wrong first time and had a hero who was tuned for melee combat only. The endgame boss flies and i never got close enough to hit him.

I did start a new game including magic abilities and range-attacks but haven't reached the end yet.

D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

Although I eventually did it (around a year after my first attempt), the Boost Ball guardian in Metroid Prime 2.

Jeez was that thing anoying. Ive heard its easier in the Wii collection, but despite owning it I doubt I will get that far.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#24 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
Venom in Spiderman 3 (Wii version). I swear to god that I spent DAYS trying to beat that guy. DAYS! In fact, after a week, I gave up...... then, a month later, I tried AGAIN! And I failed. Venom is super fvcking overpowered in that sh!t, and to make it WORSE, I had to fight SANDMAN at the SAME TIME. AND, there was a TIME LIMIT of 3 minutes!!!!! That sh!t pissed me off. That happened 2 years ago. To this day, I have never beat the game, nor do I care to.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

mike tyson in punch out....but honestly i never made it past sandman lol..

the last palace in zelda 2...can't do it

Emerald_Warrior

i beat the wii version... but yea couldn't beat prime either until i got the ice spreader.... you know how you have to shot him with a different weapon evertime his eye color changes? well... i had the plasma upgrade(flamethrower) wave beam upgrade(wave buster)....but i was missing the ice spreader..

i kept dying... i couldn't beat him without the ice beam upgrade....

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

KBFloYd

i beat the wii version... but yea couldn't beat prime either until i got the ice spreader.... you know how you have to shot him with a different weapon evertime his eye color changes? well... i had the plasma upgrade(flamethrower) wave beam upgrade(wave buster)....but i was missing the ice spreader..

do you guys not find many energy tanks?

for me Rygar on ps2, it's the last boss or one of them I don't have a lot of health items left. I don't think I tried it many times and its been so long I just kinda lost interest

Ninja Gaiden 2 - last batch of bosses, I'd probably need to get really lucky to beat this

I don't think I ever beat Sephiroth in KH2 or the extra boss in Agrabah and Neverland in KH1. These guys I could probably beat with some leveling up

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I've only given up on a few games one is Battletoads. I've finished a lot of hard NES games like Ninja Gaiden Zelda 2 Mega Man 2 Casltevania hell I even beat Contra without dying once. Battletoads is one game I just couldn't finish.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

Labyrinth Zone boss from Sonic The Hedgehog.

doofus117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 doofus117
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Yeah, how about that last guy in Tony Hawk Underground ONe? I think his name was rodney
dbz987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 1

#31 dbz987
Member since 2006 • 3765 Posts

Seymour Flux in FFX. At least I think it was his flux form; it's the version of Seymour you fight in the mountians as you make your final push towards Zanarkand. Couldn't beat him no matter what I tried and the realisation that the bosses would only get harder led me to give up the game in despair. This is the result of pretty much all my attempts to conquer the more recent Final Fantasies.

Business_Fun

hes vulnerable to poison

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts
[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Darkman2007

Make sure the rest of your party members have the Mimic materia. You should be having no trouble beating any of the weapons though. I was no where near your levels when I beat them.
dbz987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dbz987

Gigyas from Earthbound and

Nythrolep from Persona2: EP- Both game froze multiple times when i was fighting them. They did animations that cause the games to freeze

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fend_oblivion
I don't think I've ever come across a boss that I couldn't beat. As for bosses that I can't be bothered to beat - well, in FF 11 there is a boss called Pandemonium something that takes around 12-24 (after patch) hours to kill with the right party having all the strongest gear. Having to spawn itself takes around 2-3 hours. If I played MMORPGs, I'd never bother with such a pointless fight. First team that tried to take it down went down after 3 days of fighting.
dbz987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dbz987

Yiazmat- FF12- boss take too long to beat. Got bored around the third hour

Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
It's not actually legacy platforms, but the most annoying boss fights I've met were the ones in Deus Ex: HR. They were probably not THAT hard, just ssssooooo annoying and stupidly placed compared to gameplay... didn't finish the game because of them, they ruined the experience for me.
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
Last boss on the first Metroid on GCN
valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

Some gigantic tank in Valkyria Chronicles, no matter what I did the damn thing was always one step ahead, haha I was ultimately so mad I couldn't take it anymore so I quit playing.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

dbz987

hes vulnerable to poison

Interesting. When (if) the HD remake of FFX appears I may have to give it another shot.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

fend_oblivion

Make sure the rest of your party members have the Mimic materia. You should be having no trouble beating any of the weapons though. I was no where near your levels when I beat them.

thats exactly what I used, I would have Cloud use the Knights materia, and then have Tifa mimic him. I don't know, maybe they made the weapons more difficult in the PAL version , its quite possible, MGS2-4 did the same as it added a new difficulty to the PAL version (called, European Extreme).
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fend_oblivion
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] thats exactly what I used, I would have Cloud use the Knights materia, and then have Tifa mimic him. I don't know, maybe they made the weapons more difficult in the PAL version , its quite possible, MGS2-4 did the same as it added a new difficulty to the PAL version (called, European Extreme).

All my games are the PAL version. European Extreme was awesome except for MGS 2. I hated Fatman. That...fat...man :|
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] thats exactly what I used, I would have Cloud use the Knights materia, and then have Tifa mimic him. I don't know, maybe they made the weapons more difficult in the PAL version , its quite possible, MGS2-4 did the same as it added a new difficulty to the PAL version (called, European Extreme).

All my games are the PAL version. European Extreme was awesome except for MGS 2. I hated Fatman. That...fat...man :|

then maybe I suck at the game :P then again I didn't really put much effort into beating Emerald Weapon ,
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Samslayer

Beating the Emerald Weapon was quite the accomplishment for me :) (Ruby was quite easy), but yeah there was very little reward...

There aren't really any bosses I can think of that I haven't gotten past. The issue for me is the game itself. Sometimes I cannot get past certain portions of games, whether it is gameplay, length or boredom, that is where I usually end up stopping.

believe it or not, they were not even in the Japanese version as far as I know, they were added as some sort of extra for western gamers ,sort of as a reward I guess for waiting more. it was later included in the International version in Japan though.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

AsadMahdi59

do you guys not find many energy tanks?

for me Rygar on ps2, it's the last boss or one of them I don't have a lot of health items left. I don't think I tried it many times and its been so long I just kinda lost interest

Ninja Gaiden 2 - last batch of bosses, I'd probably need to get really lucky to beat this

I don't think I ever beat Sephiroth in KH2 or the extra boss in Agrabah and Neverland in KH1. These guys I could probably beat with some leveling up

Yeah,what's the deal?

Just get over yourselves.

Toom like 24 tries to beat the Boost Guardian in Normal,and 32 in Hard,on the GC version.(yes i counted).

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Borrizee
Member since 2012 • 428 Posts
Every game I play I beat them all.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#46 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Final boss of Viewtiful Joe on Ultra V Rated. I'm going to try and beat it over my winter break, that way I'll finally have all the characters unlocked. I've gotten the last form down to thered and I died from like two attacks. Needless to say I was frusrated.

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
When I was little I never bothered to beat the final bosses of golden sun simply because I was horrid at those types of games when I was little and I couldn't do it :P
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#48 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I will throw an other log on the Emerald Weapon fire. I like FFVII just fine but it was plenty long w/o all the extra stuff.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fend_oblivion
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] then maybe I suck at the game :P then again I didn't really put much effort into beating Emerald Weapon ,

If you think Emerald is bad, wait till you fight Indalecio on Universal mode in Star Ocean 2 or Hitoshura in Digital Devil Saga Volume 1 :P
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts
A weird tentacle monster on top of a flying airship in Final Fantasy X.x-2tha-z
I remember being at a friend's house and we all had a go at this monster. we all died.