Bosses you could never beat/couldn't be bothered to.

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kevinxma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 kevinxma
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

the last boss in final fantasy 10. i've never liked the final fantasy series anyway

Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts
Pretty much every enemy in Simons Quest (nes). And Rygar also
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

how about all of Odd World on SNES. that game was freaking hard, even when using an emulator to rewind

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

The final boss in FFX. I could usually make it to his 2nd form...where he'd just one-shot my entire team. I didn't like the combat system (or characters) enough to grind out more levels, plus the ending had already been spoiled for me, so I just quit.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

ninja gaiden final boss

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

Final boss Extermination (ps2) I could get him in his 3rd form, didn't have enough rockets to kill him. I've tried for years, literally.

Final boss Onimusha Warlords 1 (ps2) I just couldn't beat him, tried for a long time aswell.

Also FFX final boss.

I don't think there's any game from my genesis / ps1 collection that I havn't beat (but tried to) left.

Avatar image for strategik_basic
strategik_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 strategik_basic
Member since 2002 • 364 Posts

The last boss fight in Street Fighter 2010. That was frustrating to say the least.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

The last boss fight in Street Fighter 2010. That was frustrating to say the least.

strategik_basic

"Street Fighter 2010"?

????

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Last boss in Spider-Man 2, it wasn't actually the boss itself, but the environment with the camera controls - I eventually did beat it but I 'couldn't be bothered' for about a month because of how annoying the environment was

Almost every single boss in Metal Gear Solid 2 on EU-Extreme, absolute BS. Through persistence, determination and motivation, I managed to do it, but god I will never do it again.

Fortune was a 1 hit death
Fatman plants like 10,000 bombs and kills you in 1 or 2 hits...
Harrier's close up segments of the boss fight were tedious and hard to avoid, like I had to run up and down the stairs in perfect motion to avoid getting hit by the close up missiles, and weave myself around the platform on the lower floor to avoid his chaingun
Vamp was actually the easiest if you shoot out the lights, hang when he's underwater, and get back up when he walks up to you
MG Rays were annoying because, well it felt lke the blast radius of the missiles were greater because I just kept dying, not to mention I had zero rations, it took me about 3 hours SOLID to perfect this boss fight
Solidus was an absolute b**** because the MG Ray fight and then the torture segment left me with 'bleeding' health, so everytime I began the last boss fight with Solidus I was in bleeding mode, I had to perfect dodging his flames and cutting the missiles he shot at me T_T.

There's something about knowing you have to be 100% perfect/flawless to succeed that seriously makes me uneasy/less likely to be perfect

Last boss in Final Fantasy XIII-2, I just got impatient because I was essentially underleveled (took me out in 1 hit) but breezing through the game just fine, until this boss ruined everything due to my underleveled characters, can't be bothered to go back to grind and strategise with new paradigms so this will be 1 boss I'll never beat due to my lazyness

Dumuzid in Catherine on Hard. That is all.

Never could beat the final boss in Metroid: Prime on Gamecube. So freaking hard. You have to be absolutely perfect or you're toast.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. I did manage to actually beat it, once. But I swear it was sheer luck, so it doesn't really count. It's just so hard after making it through the path to the final palace with all those mini-areas, then the even harder final palace itself, then there's the boss battle with The Phoenix, and immeadiatly following is the battle with Shadow Link. Soooo freaking hard!

In Battle of Olympus for NES, I couldn't even make it to the final boss. I could always get to the evil palace where he resides, then the maze and the crazy powerful henchmen would kick the crap out of me. It's a shame, too, because I love that game.

Emerald_Warrior

I don't mean to be arrogant but I didn't find Metroid Prime to be a hard boss, unless you were not well stocked on items/upgrades. I think Meta Ridley was harder than Prime, especially on Hard difficulty

Spider Guardian from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes anyone? :P

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#60 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="strategik_basic"]

GreekGameManiac

"Street Fighter 2010"?

????

NES game that's set in Street Fighter's future and stars Ken as the main character. It's an action game, though, not a fighting game.

OrianaDorta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 OrianaDorta
Member since 2005 • 3114 Posts

Seymour Flux in FFX. At least I think it was his flux form; it's the version of Seymour you fight in the mountians as you make your final push towards Zanarkand. Couldn't beat him no matter what I tried and the realisation that the bosses would only get harder led me to give up the game in despair. This is the result of pretty much all my attempts to conquer the more recent Final Fantasies.

Business_Fun

Yeah that's the most difficult version of Seymour, it's all about luck (or spending a lot of time upgrading your characters).

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I was never able to beat Mike Tyson! To this day I can get to him with very little problem, but can never beat him

Avatar image for strategik_basic
strategik_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 strategik_basic
Member since 2002 • 364 Posts

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

[QUOTE="strategik_basic"]

Emerald_Warrior

"Street Fighter 2010"?

????

NES game that's set in Street Fighter's future and stars Ken as the main character. It's an action game, though, not a fighting game.

Yep, when I first bought and played it I was a little set back as I was expecting to perform a bunch of FS moves in an action game, but it turned out to be a decent game in it's own right.