3 years later, does Mass Effect 3 ending still hunts you?

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Expane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#101 Expane
Member since 2003 • 560 Posts

Never finished ME3. Played ME1 more than once, almost did ME2 2x.. ME3 just feels... IDK just no drive to play it.

Gamer_Durandal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#102  Edited By Gamer_Durandal
Member since 2014 • 129 Posts

"3 years later, does Mass Effect 3 ending still hunts you?"

Man, you have no fscking IDEA. It was like I was Dr. Kimball in The Fugitive, hiding in dog houses, hitchhiking across the country, changing my hair color, pretending to be different people to throw it off the trail. It kept coming back like bad Barney the Dinosaur re-runs on PBS, despite moving from my home, abandoning my family (it was for their safety, I assure you...), and even taking up white slavery. But...

3 years....

Three. Years.

I think I lost it in Tibet, when I fell off that mountain cliff... that must of have been when I lost it for good. I haven't seen it since.... took two weeks to hike out of the mountains with two broken legs and deaf in one eye... but I'm safe...

Safe...

*gets jumped from the bushes by Mass Effect 3 Ending - screams fill the air*

*dying breath* You....led it....right...to us....*expires*

Anyway, the ending really did suck. The expanded free DLC improved things, but the damage was already done - I felt like I had wasted all that time for everything to have gone so wrong.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14900 Posts

@korvus:

@korvus said:

I quite enjoyed the endings, especially with the Extended Cut and Leviathan DLC. I felt like they all had some way of making you feel vindicated and that not all of your work had gone down the drain. Then again, my favourite ending seems to be the least chosen if forums are to be used as a comparison, so what do I know? =P

Another thing about the Extended Cut I really like....the bad ending is vastly improved as well. Take a look at this....

If your EMS is low....this will be the space battle you get when your fleet gets to Earth. Sword gets ripped apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIQoTvzoq78

Because Hammer squad isn't strong, Harbinger has less targeting options, the two squadmates you bring on the mission die. No rescue scene. Liara can now die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRNR3RbcVXI

Because Sword can't hold the Reapers, the Crucible and Shield fleet are attacked while trying to dock the Crucible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orU-2yL_9W4

And then this is the ending. Most life vaporized, Normandy crew dead, Hackett only character that survives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qig7BSyRj-c

"You have no choice, there is only one way ahead" Ouch.

So this like the ME2 outcome where Shepard and his squad all die in the Collector Base.

And here is somebody who had a ton of casualties in the series, only Joker, EDI, and Traynor survive. Wow, the memorial wall looks full. It is the low EMS control ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTXcMa_eJIg

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#104 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

No, the farming and removal of the time saving, fun exploits in DAI is much worse.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#105 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

Am I still bitter about ME3's ending? A little, but it doesn't affect me as much as it once did. I'd say the disappointment that remains comes from the opinion that the ending could have been much, much better than it was. To me, it felt like the finish was rushed, like the game was not completed when it released and needed another few weeks to be perfect, but since we live in the age of quarterly sales projections absolutely needing to be met at the expense of quality, Bioware and EA threw a game that was 95% completed only for the biggest fan backlash against a game in recent years.

One thing that ME3 did (and GTA V to some extent also) was it made me become apathetic to video games as a whole. I see games that years ago I would have been excited to play, but after all the games that have let me down going back three years, I just avoid them. So much emphasis is on multiplayer now that the games become a bore quickly because the single player portions are tacked on and then there's the DLC dilemma where cool stuff is added to a game, but it's absurdly pricey. $10 for an extra hour and a half of gameplay? No thanks.

I'm happy to say that after I finish my second playthrough of Mass Effect 3 later this month, I'm putting the 360 away for good in the closet where it will join the Playstation 2 and the Sega Genesis and be the last console I ever buy.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

I thought the ending sucked, sure. But I was over it the moment I started a new game right away and played through Mass Effect 3 again, then when I finished I did it again. For all the hours of enjoyment of the gameplay and good storytelling, I was well satisfied with the game, just the last few minutes sucked.

I think there's still people out there that aren't aware that they expanded on the ending. If there's anybody like that here then you might wanna watch this.

Loading Video...

I like the synthesis ending the best.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14900 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

There are more than just 4 endings, there are actually 5 (I have to count low EMS destroy as a separate ending, Vaporization, because the ending is very different from higher EMS destroy endings), plus choices from the entire trilogy affect the ending slides. Also Control can be a tad different depending on being a Paragon Or Renegade.

Here is the Vaporization ending, the fifth ending, once again. So basically three good endings (Destroy, Control, Synthesis) and two bad endings (Refuse and Vaporization).

Loading Video...

Also here is a huge link on what goes on in the Extended Cut ending...one absolutely HUGE thing they did was flesh out the Catalyst and expanded its dialogue, this completely does a great job at connecting it to the themes of the series.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_3%3A_Extended_Cut

and here is what affects the endings

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Storyline_III#Epilogue_2

fallen2far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By fallen2far
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Only when you remind me of it.

Imo, it was the worst ending of a story in any medium. I mean, the kid. The Deus ex machina (and not just the magical device that hand waves the ending). You have to commit a war crime. No gameplay. The teleporting (why would the Reapers use the only teleporter in existence to randomly deposit prisoners within walking distance of the control of the base of operations?) The logic of the Reapers. The logic of anyone. The cut and paste color coded explosions. The more i think about it, the more frustratingly inept it was. It's like the Phantom menace. It's like a splinter in your mind. All you can do is try to ignore it until it gets blocked from your memory with time.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

No it doesn't. The first original ending fucked things up, the updated one isn't the ideal ending for me, but still satisfying

DrFlyntCoal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110 DrFlyntCoal
Member since 2015 • 496 Posts

I got over it, can't let just an ending ruin the entire journey through three games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

I never played ME3, partly because of the drama/ending. So, ya it haunts me.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#112 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@fallen2far: Please don't bump old threads.

-Byshop