Week in Review - What Are You Playing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#851 jollyroger78
Member since 2005 • 2551 Posts

I've got a laundry list right now. I finished off Condemned: Criminal Origins and FIFA '06: Road to FIFA World Cup so here's what's sitting in my pile...

-Rock Band-just started the hard guitar career again.
-Guitar Hero II-started hard career, about seven songs in.
-Guitar Hero III-getting ready to start hard career.
-Ridge Racer 6-started, but haven't done much.
-Viva Pinata-still technically on the list...still have some pinatas to max out.
-Dead Rising-messed around with it, but its structure is confusing the hell out of me...I'm going to have to really concentrate with this one for some reason.

I'm also batting around starting BioShock, The Godfather, and the Kingdom Hearts trilogy (because I've had KHII for over a year and haven't touched it).

jollyroger78

Wow...BioShock certainly took care of the focus problem. Excellent game!

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#852 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

Well, I won't be playing my 360 as it died today.

Still trying to get past Freya on Hard. The guitar solo is killing me. But I'll have to hold off for a bit now.

Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#853 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts

Finished Open Season, which was a fine game. Much better that the "mediocre" rating given to it by this site. My particular copy had audio skipping problems which was the only problem with the game.

Now I am just starting (2 mins into) The Thing which is an XB game I had read good things about.

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#854 duncanr2n

I'm trophy whoring Super Stardust HD. I've got 13 trophies now only missing 4 (3 of which are the hardest to get and 1 that I can't get cause they pulled the co-op dlc)

I fired up GTA III last night. Finished all the Luigi missions and about half of Joey's. Collected a bunch of hidden packages and then did Diablo's Turismo.

Also played some Snake Eater, fought The Fear and progressed to the point were I fight The End.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#855 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts

Revisited GH1 on PS2 and completed career on Medium. Also 5-starred a lot of the songs that were previously 3-starred. (its amazing that when I first started with Guitar Hero the best I could do was 3 stars on medium. I also unlocked all characters and almost have everything else in the game unlocked.

I have also been playing Ratchet & Clank on PS2. I am now on Planet Batalia.

GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#856 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts

Finished Open Season, which was a fine game. Much better that the "mediocre" rating given to it by this site. My particular copy had audio skipping problems which was the only problem with the game.

Now I am just starting (2 mins into) The Thing which is an XB game I had read good things about.

aspro73
I enjoyed Open Season too. It captured the spirit of the flim.
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#857 duncanr2n
[QUOTE="aspro73"]

GAMECAMILLER
I enjoyed Open Season too. It captured the spirit of the flim.

I recently finsihed Open Season as well, I thought the reviews were a bit harsh, the game was fun overall and the art was spot on, the game really did look exactly like the film (at least the 360 version was) but it wasn't the most epic of games.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#858 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts
I'm about 40 hours into Twilight Princess. I've just beaten the fossil boss for those that've played it. All indications are that it will be overlong, even moreso than Wind Waker.
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#859 jollyroger78

Still doing the laundry list thing...

Finished BioShock on default difficulty. I'm now going through it one more time on "hard" with the Vitachambers turned off to pick up the last two achievements. It's tough, but a ton of fun. I'm also starting The Godfather and fiddling about with my new download, Tron (TROOOONNN!!!). And as usual, Guitar Hero II, III, and Rock Band are getting some time (I'm trying to simultaneously play through the "hard" guitar tours on each).

I'm finally starting to play something other than my 360 (for once). I fired up Medal of Honor on the PlayStation yesterday...forgot how much I liked that game!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#860 203762174820177760555343052357

I'm about 40 hours into Twilight Princess. I've just beaten the fossil boss for those that've played it. All indications are that it will be overlong, even moreso than Wind Waker.gmsnpr

Did I miss a post? I thought you were going to playing Witcher.

After about 4 hours of The Thing I have given up on it. It is a survival horror game that has a lot of great concept but the fighting aspects are bloody untenable. I may go back to it, but for now I have finally found a game that has stuck, quite a surprise really, but I am playing Eternal Sonata.

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#861 Mamba219
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]I'm about 40 hours into Twilight Princess. I've just beaten the fossil boss for those that've played it. All indications are that it will be overlong, even moreso than Wind Waker.aspro73

After about 4 hours of The Thing I have given up on it. It is a survival horror game that has a lot of great concept but the fighting aspects are bloody untenable. I may go back to it, but for now I have finally found a game that has stuck, quite a surprise really, but I am playing Eternal Sonata.

That's an excellent game, and one I hope to obtain sometime very soon.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#863 gmsnpr

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]I'm about 40 hours into Twilight Princess. I've just beaten the fossil boss for those that've played it. All indications are that it will be overlong, even moreso than Wind Waker.aspro73

Witcher with my setup is somewhat painful, even on modest settings. It was hard to watch, which I could handle, but stuttering framerates made the combat pretty challenging, so I put it down for the second time. At some point, I'll get a better PC, at which point I'll strap it on again.

hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#864 hesel
Member since 2006 • 2738 Posts
Just finished Fight Night Round 3, I enjoyed it nothing beats hitting someone in the face and seeing them hit the canvas. I am now going onto Brawl to unlock a few things.
BigC43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 264

#865 BigC43
Member since 2004 • 10995 Posts
I'm now playing too many games to count. I just stared Unreal Tournament 3 and Hail to the Chimp. I am really loving Civilization Revolution right now and will contunue to play that. I also need to keep chugging along at games like Bad Company and Alone in the Dark as well as even older stuff like GRID and Ninja Gaiden 2.
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#866 someNONSENSE
Halo 2 on the PC!! I played the campaign a couple times back when the game was first released on the original Xbox. This playthrough is bringing back good memories. I am playing it with a wired Xbox 360 controller on a 22 inch wide screen monitor. The graphics shine. Plus there are achievements!:D
inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#868 inkwolf
Member since 2003 • 1159 Posts
The Diablo III anouncement gave me the impetus to start playing the first Diablo game. This is the first time I've played the game and I just finished it yesterday with the rogue. Great game. It's made me want to pick up the Diablo II warchest now. I think I'm going to run through it one more time before moving on to something else (or getting back to Etrian Odyssey or Half Life 2).
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#869 jollyroger78

I'm narrowing down my play list. I finished Medal of Honor for the PlayStation. It's ugly and controls a bit oddly, but I still love that game. Now I've moved on to The Godfather for the 360 and Halo and the collect-a-thon that is DoA:XBV for the Xbox (yeah, so?).

Once I get my internet service fixed (again), I will also soon be welcoming my younger sister to Xbox Live. She's taking advantage of the recent price drop to get one of the soon to be discontinued 20 GB models (she's a closet collector and doesn't really know it yet. She'll realize...soon.).

pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#870 pikadeth
Member since 2004 • 1020 Posts

I fully completed Ratatouille (X360) for all 1000 points. The game isn't nearly as bad as the GameSpot review would lead you to believe. The only problem that I had with it was that it doesn't let you replay some areas of the game so if you miss a collectible you have to play it again to get it. That adds some challenge and unpredictability to getting them.

PAIN (PS3) is a fun game. Anyone looking for a distraction on their PS3 should look into getting it.

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#871 Mamba219

Fully completed Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete for the PS1 with 100% completion, clocking it at about 35 hours. Man that felt good to beat. A solid game all around, and made for an excellent duology with its precursor. I'd rate Lunar at an 8.5, Lunar 2 as an 8.8, and together as a 9.1. Very enjoyable.

Now it's time to take another RPG break. I'm going to be flipping on Sly 3 later on tonight in order to complete the Sly trilogy of platformers. After that diversion, it'll be a toss up between Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, and Earthbound, which I really need to beat before the Mother 3 translation patch comes out in 3 months.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#872 someNONSENSE
I beat Halo 2 (PC) on normal difficulty today. I remember beating it at least once when it first came out. This was a fun play through, and worth 760 achievement points so far. Funny thing is that I remember most of it, but there were a couple chapters that I hardly remember ever playing at all.. hmm.. Nice thing about having it on the PC is it allows me to still find games online against other players on Halo 2 maps that I am still fond of.. fun fun :)
Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#873 Mamba219

I beat Halo 2 (PC) on normal difficulty today. I remember beating it at least once when it first came out. This was a fun play through, and worth 760 achievement points so far. Funny thing is that I remember most of it, but there were a couple chapters that I hardly remember ever playing at all.. hmm.. Nice thing about having it on the PC is it allows me to still find games online against other players on Halo 2 maps that I am still fond of.. fun fun :)someNONSENSE

Am I the only one here who finds the three Halo games to be essentially identical games? In fact, they're so similar I lump them together as "Halo" instead of as Halo 1, Halo 2, or Halo 3. Honestly, they all could have been one game.

hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#875 hesel
Just finished Bourne Conspiracy wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed the game, definitely worth a look at.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#876 gmsnpr
I haven't played too much this week, aside from a quick 10 minute trial of Conan. I'll probably get back to it after Twilight Princess and Mass Effect. God, I'm slow sometimes...
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#877 someNONSENSE

[QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]I beat Halo 2 (PC) on normal difficulty today. I remember beating it at least once when it first came out. This was a fun play through, and worth 760 achievement points so far. Funny thing is that I remember most of it, but there were a couple chapters that I hardly remember ever playing at all.. hmm.. Nice thing about having it on the PC is it allows me to still find games online against other players on Halo 2 maps that I am still fond of.. fun fun :)Mamba219

Am I the only one here who finds the three Halo games to be essentially identical games? In fact, they're so similar I lump them together as "Halo" instead of as Halo 1, Halo 2, or Halo 3. Honestly, they all could have been one game.

As far as single player campaigns, I thought Halo 1 was the most fun, followed by Halo 2, followed by Halo 3. As for multiplayer, it is the reverse of this in my opinion, with Halo 3 being the most fun, followed by Halo 2. I thought Halo 2 had the best variety in campaign level locales. I thought Halo 1 had the most interesting story, with the story getting worse and harder to follow with each successive game. So, no, I don't agree that they are the same game. However, Bungie has a game design philosophy that you may have picked up on. They have explained that what they like to do is identify really fun gameplay moments and repeat those moments throughout their games. This is probably what makes you think they are all the same. The action is essentially the same thing over and over. This is not a bad thing if you find first person shooter action fun.:)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#878 203762174820177760555343052357

I haven't played too much this week, aside from a quick 10 minute trial of Conan. I'll probably get back to it after Twilight Princess and Mass Effect. God, I'm slow sometimes...gmsnpr

Tell me about it. I'm 19 hour into Eternal Sonata and about halfway through it from what I can tell. Most people describe it as a 20 hours game.

I'm also playing Pursuit Force for the PSP which is a very good arcade racing (with shooting). You have some on foot and helicopter turrent levels as well as boats, bikes and cars. Very arcade, and very hard.

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#879 Mamba219
[QUOTE="Mamba219"]

[QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]I beat Halo 2 (PC) on normal difficulty today. I remember beating it at least once when it first came out. This was a fun play through, and worth 760 achievement points so far. Funny thing is that I remember most of it, but there were a couple chapters that I hardly remember ever playing at all.. hmm.. Nice thing about having it on the PC is it allows me to still find games online against other players on Halo 2 maps that I am still fond of.. fun fun :)someNONSENSE

As far as single player campaigns, I thought Halo 1 was the most fun, followed by Halo 2, followed by Halo 3. As for multiplayer, it is the reverse of this in my opinion, with Halo 3 being the most fun, followed by Halo 2. I thought Halo 2 had the best variety in campaign level locales. I thought Halo 1 had the most interesting story, with the story getting worse and harder to follow with each successive game. So, no, I don't agree that they are the same game. However, Bungie has a game design philosophy that you may have picked up on. They have explained that what they like to do is identify really fun gameplay moments and repeat those moments throughout their games. This is probably what makes you think they are all the same. The action is essentially the same thing over and over. This is not a bad thing if you find first person shooter action fun.:)

They really are the same, in the campaign anyway. The story is the same, and the individual games are short short short. Combining all three forms a decent-length game and a complete story, while individually they're all just 7 hour games without any sort of closure or context.

Multiplayer, all FPS's are basically the same, so I don't really need to comment I don't think.

Dymond7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#880 Dymond7
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts
Well, this week all I've been playing is Mario Kart Wii, finished 50cc and 100cc, and for some reason... 150cc is extremly difficult for me, If your trying to get an A in every cup it will be difficult. And some No More Heroes, finished the game twice, I have to stop playing it.
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#881 duncanr2n

I've been playing alot of Command & Conquer: Generals lately. I've finished the China and GLA campaigns and I'm almost done with the US campaign.

I'm also slugging out COD4 on Vet. I'm on "No fighting in the War Room." Now I like a good challenge but the game on Vet doesn't seem to be 100% skill based. It's a mixture of some skill, but there's a lot of luck mixed in there. It's very frustrating, but I've gotten this far so I'm going to finish it.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#882 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
http://www.gamespot.com/users/jsmoke03/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25480831
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#883 jollyroger78
I seem to have locked into The Godfather: The Game on my 360 right now, mostly because I'm trying to get a two-star sandbox badge on my 360voice blog. I've put aside most of my other games for this one. I'm not sure what's on deck.
Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#884 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
I finished Ninja Gaiden II this past weekend and I'm currently working on NCAA Football 09. I was in a causal online dynasty but we got hit by that nasty bug and have paused until a patch comes out. After that game, I'm not sure what I'll be doing, maybe Grid or that Hellboy game.
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#885 someNONSENSE
Now that I got my 360 back from the morgue, I have been playing all kinds of games that have been waiting: Nascar 08, Sega Rally Revo, Crash of the Titans, N3, Fusion Frenzy 2, and Fatal Inertia... All of these are fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#886 203762174820177760555343052357

Okay, well I unpacked and hooked up my PS3 so that meant testing that it works and so I popped in GTAIV... 9 hours later I'm only 13% into the game. So now I'm playing that in addition to Eternal Sonata (60% complete) and Pursuit Force (20%).

Pursuit Force may be the first game in a long time that I've wanted to beat, but may not be able to -- it's hard.

hesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#887 hesel

I seem to have locked into The Godfather: The Game on my 360 right now, mostly because I'm trying to get a two-star sandbox badge on my 360voice blog. I've put aside most of my other games for this one. I'm not sure what's on deck.jollyroger78

I bought that game on a whim and loved it.

Anyway just finished Bourne Conspiracy good game a bit short. I am now off to play Starwing on the SNES that I bought the other day.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#888 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

Alrighty.

Finished KotOR II and No One Lives Forever on PC. I've just started a quick play-through of Doom 3 as a refresher for the expansion, which I have never played.

Got 1000/1000 on Lego Indiana Jones. Now playing The Simpsons game. It's good though the camera is often really bad and the level where you have to destroy the big donut guy (whose name escapes me) is annoying the crap out of me.

Also working my way through medium careers on Guitar Hero III and Aerosmith. I think hard is probably a bit out of my league at the moment (especially GH3). Anyway when I'm done with those I'll be on to GH2.

I'm gonna be unpacking my older consoles as well. Gonna be here for a while so might as well make myself at home. Probably PS2 and a Ninty console of some description so I can play some older stuff. I miss my retro.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#889 someNONSENSE

Alrighty.

Finished KotOR II and No One Lives Forever on PC. I've just started a quick play-through of Doom 3 as a refresher for the expansion, which I have never played.

Got 1000/1000 on Lego Indiana Jones. Now playing The Simpsons game. It's good though the camera is often really bad and the level where you have to destroy the big donut guy (whose name escapes me) is annoying the crap out of me.

Also working my way through medium careers on Guitar Hero III and Aerosmith. I think hard is probably a bit out of my league at the moment (especially GH3). Anyway when I'm done with those I'll be on to GH2.

I'm gonna be unpacking my older consoles as well. Gonna be here for a while so might as well make myself at home. Probably PS2 and a Ninty console of some description so I can play some older stuff. I miss my retro.

totalgridlock

I enjoyed The Simpsons Game enough to play it all the way through. I too found the Shadow of the Colossal Donut level very frustrating.. are you playing it on the 360 for the achievements?

usagi704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#890 usagi704
Member since 2003 • 2058 Posts
Last time I posted on this thread I mentioned I completed Klonoa 2 (PS2) and now I have recently finished Klonoa (PS1) and I have to say that this series is my favorite as far as platformers go. Mario can take a hike!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#891 203762174820177760555343052357

Last time I posted on this thread I mentioned I completed Klonoa 2 (PS2) and now I have recently finished Klonoa (PS1) and I have to say that this series is my favorite as far as platformers go. Mario can take a hike!usagi704

I'd go along with that. But I have never played K1... one of these days I'll get it.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#892 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts
[QUOTE="totalgridlock"]

Alrighty.

someNONSENSE

I enjoyed The Simpsons Game enough to play it all the way through. I too found the Shadow of the Colossal Donut level very frustrating.. are you playing it on the 360 for the achievements?

Yep. I swear this level is from the depths of hell. I know what to do but by the nth attempt I really can't be bothered any more! Aside from this, it's not the greatest game but I'm loving the humour and the presentation so I really want to play through the whole thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#893 203762174820177760555343052357

totalgridlock

Like a nice bowl of soup the thought of that makes me warm and toasty inside. I miss my retro too.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#894 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
All my consoles are now packed, ready to move. Only the DS is in hand, ready to play again!
pikadeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#895 pikadeth
Member since 2004 • 1020 Posts

Playing Conan has brought me up to 39,400 points. I'm not sure what to start next. I'll be going out to see a movie tonight. I mention that here because a local game shop is next door to the theater and I'll probably end up with new games as a result of being so close to available games.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#896 someNONSENSE
[QUOTE="someNONSENSE"][QUOTE="totalgridlock"]

Alrighty.

totalgridlock

Yep. I swear this level is from the depths of hell. I know what to do but by the nth attempt I really can't be bothered any more! Aside from this, it's not the greatest game but I'm loving the humour and the presentation so I really want to play through the whole thing.

I second those sentiments. That level took me forever.. I had to read strategy guides online.. just keep trying until you get past it. The game is worth it IMO.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#897 someNONSENSE

Playing Conan has brought me up to 39,400 points. I'm not sure what to start next. I'll be going out to see a movie tonight. I mention that here because a local game shop is next door to the theater and I'll probably end up with new games as a result of being so close to available games.

pikadeth

Hahaha, so true! I'm the same way, and my wife knows this. Whenever I am anywhere near where games are sold, I have to walk over to take a look. My wife doesn't even roll her eyes anymore.. :)

To try to stay on topic, I should mention what I am playing.. I am about to hop into Rock Band and work a little more on the vocal career. Thinking of playing a little Dark Sector as well.

jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#898 jollyroger78

I'm still working my way through The Godfather. I've got a few more things to mop up and then I'll get a deluge of achievements and be pretty close to finishing the game. I am stuck on one favor that I'm thinking is just impossible, but I'm saving up my money to max out my weapons...we'll see if that works.

After that, it's on to Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution. I played through one empire (US...I have to like Abraham Lincoln since I'm from Illinois...contractually obligated and all) and won a cultural victory. It's a lot of fun and is definitely going to be my next main game.

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#899 duncanr2n

I popped in a couple of new games (well new as in I've not played them yet) PGR 3 and Earth Defense Force 2017. I like PGR3, they improved the game mechanics from the first one (I never played the second one). PGR 1 got difficult real fast and it was hard to move forward. PGR 3 doesn't seem to suffer from that. So far I'm really enjoying it.

Earth Defense Force 2017 is just mindless shooting. It's great fun but not very deep gameplay. The enemines are gigantic. And that's always fun.

I'm also plugging in along in Wild Arms 3. Which I like so far. I've finally gotten a good feel for the character customization and I've been playing around with that. I really like Wild Arms 1 & 2 so I guessing I'll enjoy this one as well.

I also finished Command & Conquer: Generals and started Command & Conquer: Generals: Zero Hour

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#900 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
just been playing gta4. unlocked the third city. really really surprised about this game even though it got a 10. it keeps getting better and better. Though i loved the premise of san andreas better, i must say this might be the best gta yet. i haven't finished vice city or the original gta3, and i am scared i might not be able to go back to finish those other games.