Week in Review - What Are You Playing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

User Lists: 0

#1 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
come here to sum up your gaming experiances, adventures, achivements
and failures. maybe get or give some input, compliments, insults or
advice from or to your fellow CCUers.
usagi704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 usagi704
Member since 2003 • 2058 Posts
This past week: I bought Crackdown and VF5. I am have already totally defeated all of Los Muertos and The Volk. I have also defeated one of the Shai Gen bosses. Have collected about 412 of the 500 agilty orbs and about 80 of 300 hidden orbs. What I really want to do now is play it in co-op with someone. In VF5, started quest mode with Lei Fei and started learning newcomer El Blaze. At the end of FFIV, just need to take out Zemus and it'll be done. I think that is about all of the notible gaming stuff I have done this week.
tuckerjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 tuckerjj
Member since 2004 • 62 Posts

This past week: I bought Crackdown and VF5. I am have already totally defeated all of Los Muertos and The Volk. I have also defeated one of the Shai Gen bosses. Have collected about 412 of the 500 agilty orbs and about 80 of 300 hidden orbs. What I really want to do now is play it in co-op with someone. In VF5, started quest mode with Lei Fei and started learning newcomer El Blaze. At the end of FFIV, just need to take out Zemus and it'll be done. I think that is about all of the notible gaming stuff I have done this week.usagi704

My copy of crackdown should be here tommorrow or monday.  I'll play co-op with you when it gets here.

Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts
This week I obtained a few new consoles, two variants of game.com, a wonderswan a Sega Nomad and a NEO GEO.  Not all of them have come in yet.  The last two I have wanted for some time.

Made progress in Phoenix Wright 2, and got to Chapter 5 of Yakuza.
inkwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 inkwolf
Member since 2003 • 1159 Posts

At the end of FFIV, just need to take out Zemus and it'll be done.usagi704

That's my favorite Final Fantasy. ^_^

jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 jollyroger78
Member since 2005 • 2551 Posts
I'm actually playing three games this week.  I've been messing with Super Mario Kart (SNES...trying to win all the races with all the drivers) and Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES...haven't had time to sit and play it straight through).  Then I started playing Jak and Daxter for the first time a couple days ago...I was pleasantly surprised at how fun it is.  Once I get these done, there will be reviews for all of them.  Lego Star Wars is on deck.
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#7 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Finished Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (DS). Will now be playing Point Blank DS on the go and Chulip (PS2) at home!
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

Let's see, I'm playing a bunch of different things right now.

Tales of Phantasia (GBA): I'm almost finished. I've got one more place to go and then I'll tackle the final dungeon.

Wild ARMs 2 (PS1):  I'm a good 15 hours or so into Wild Arms 2 and really liking it so far.  Just picked up a new character.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (PC):  I'm playing through this again.  I just finished the Soviet campaign and I started on the Allied campaign.

GRAW (X360):  I finally beat this stupid mission (Neutralize rebel outpot) that was causing me grief.

LEGO Star Wars (PC): I beat the game in story mode a while back, but this week I started going back through and getting all the LEGO canisters and trying to achieve Jedi status on each level.  So far I've accomplished that on both Episodes I & II and two levels of Episode III.

I bought a handful of games as well, but I'm happy I finally have a really nice copy of Suikoden.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts
Gears, Gears, Gears.  I've got all the achievements that you can get in the Campaign mode (single-player insane is a little tough) as well as a chunk of the ranked versus ones and I want the rest.  I popped Lost Planet in for about 20 minutes before I ran screaming back to Gears.  Wayne animates like he's got a full diaper, the aiming isn't so good and the control scheme isn't fun.  I beat the first mission, but so far the enemy strategy seems to be "circle around and shoot giant bug in the ass"; rinse, repeat, yawn.

I am going to be buying a Sega CDX for $80 from a friend of mine, we just agreed on a price.  He's compiling a list of his games in order to sell some of them to me prior to a move across country, so we'll see what he's got.  I'm expecting some Sega CD, Genesis, and Saturn stuff.

I signed up for the Old Spice Challenge, at level 1, of course.  I have little doubt that I'll meet the goal before the window closes.
Avatar image for Apathetic_Prick
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Apathetic_Prick
Member since 2003 • 4789 Posts

In this one week I:

- Finished Brute Force solo

- Finished Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction for the second time solo.

Morrowind remains on hold because it locked up and I lost about 2 hours worth of progress (yeah yeah, I should save more, but it happens, and it's a reall piss-off when it does).

Got Shadow Warrior back up and running, found out the JFSW port will be updated soon (for anyone that wants to play SW in a W2K or XP machine).  There's also one available for Duke 3D.

Anyway, found out the two expansions planned for Shadow Warrior, Wanton Destruction and Twin Dragons, has been released as freeware.  Twin Dragons is not in a group file, however, so I can't run it.  If you have DOSBox and a damned powerful machine, you might be able to play it properly.

Anyway, JFDuke and JFSW are available at http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfduke3d

Oh, and I'll be starting back up with Morrowind now.

usagi704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 usagi704
Member since 2003 • 2058 Posts

[QUOTE="usagi704"]This past week: I bought Crackdown and VF5. I am have already totally defeated all of Los Muertos and The Volk. I have also defeated one of the Shai Gen bosses. Have collected about 412 of the 500 agilty orbs and about 80 of 300 hidden orbs. What I really want to do now is play it in co-op with someone. In VF5, started quest mode with Lei Fei and started learning newcomer El Blaze. At the end of FFIV, just need to take out Zemus and it'll be done. I think that is about all of the notible gaming stuff I have done this week.tuckerjj

My copy of crackdown should be here tommorrow or monday. I'll play co-op with you when it gets here.

OK, cool. Just let me know when you get it and then we can plan out a day and time to do it. Contact me via PM.
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 duncanr2n

In this one week I:

- Finished Brute Force solo

- Finished Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction for the second time solo.

Morrowind remains on hold because it locked up and I lost about 2 hours worth of progress (yeah yeah, I should save more, but it happens, and it's a reall piss-off when it does).

Got Shadow Warrior back up and running, found out the JFSW port will be updated soon (for anyone that wants to play SW in a W2K or XP machine).  There's also one available for Duke 3D.

Anyway, found out the two expansions planned for Shadow Warrior, Wanton Destruction and Twin Dragons, has been released as freeware.  Twin Dragons is not in a group file, however, so I can't run it.  If you have DOSBox and a damned powerful machine, you might be able to play it properly.

Anyway, JFDuke and JFSW are available at http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfduke3d

Oh, and I'll be starting back up with Morrowind now.

Apathetic_Prick
The JF source ports are very well done. I was very happy when they released the source code to SW cause I think it's a better game than Duke. But that's just me.
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Apathetic_Prick

The JF source ports are very well done. I was very happy when they released the source code to SW cause I think it's a better game than Duke. But that's just me.duncanr2n

Yeah, I thought SW was better, too.  It gets buggy in OpenGL for me, though, but it runs silky smooth at 800 x 600 res anyway, so I don't worry too much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 203762174820177760555343052357
I popped Lost Planet in for about 20 minutes before I ran screaming back to Gears. Wayne animates like he's got a full diaper...
gmsnpr

:lol:

This week in review.  Finished 1 chapter of PW2 and have about 2 chapters left in Yakuza.  Should finish Yakuza tonight or tomorrow.

Good week for purchases, as seen in aquistions thread.  Some more good stuff on the way, a couple of NEOGEO games.  I love the NEOGEO now that it is here and somewhat surprisingly Mrs. Aspro73 seems to like it even more.
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Apathetic_Prick
I finished Area 51 and before that, Timesplitters 2 for the second time. Christ that game is hard on "Normal".  Working on Psi Ops next, then KotOR.  Speaking of which, got KotOR working again.
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jollyroger78

For the week ending 03-02-2007:

-Won a Virtual Boy and Wario Land off of ebay, anticipate it arriving early next week
-Purchased Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II
-Made wife angry at me for above purchases because she wants a puggle.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 waflerevolution
this week, I finished Star Trek Lagacy (which sealed my 1500 XBLrewards) and Broken Sword: sleeping Dragon. of course now I MUST go find the other BS games... I sunk about 7 hours into Dark Cloud. I've become quite fond of it. and played alot of Battlefield 2: modern combat(xbl)
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 waflerevolution

-Won a Virtual Boy and Wario Land off of ebay, anticipate it arriving early next week

jollyroger78
what's a puggle?
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jollyroger78
[QUOTE="jollyroger78"]

waflerevolution

what's a puggle?

This is a puggle...

Half pug, half beagle.  Designer dog.  About $300.  Sigh.

Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Apathetic_Prick
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="jollyroger78"]

jollyroger78

what's a puggle?

This is a puggle...

Half pug, half beagle.  Designer dog.  About $300.  Sigh.

$300 for a mutt?  I don't care what breeds it's from a mutt's a mutt.  But it's worth it; they live longer :P

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="jollyroger78"]

jollyroger78

what's a puggle?

This is a puggle...

Half pug, half beagle. Designer dog. About $300. Sigh.

awwwwwwwww... dogs chew on games, systems and accessories. invest in a storage area then buy the dog. if not, I'll just go breed my own and keep it while rubbing it in your face.
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 duncanr2n

Tales of Phantasia (GBA): Last dungeon.

Wild ARMs 2 (PS1):  Didn't get much farther in this, this week.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (PC):  Still playing throught the allied campaign.

GRAW (X360):  About halfway through the campaign on normal.  I really like this game.  I've also been playing co-op with this and it's been a blast.

LEGO Star Wars (PC): Got everything in the game, all the minikits, Jedi status on every level, and all the characters, extras, etc.

I bought a handful of games as well again this week, this week the purchase I'm most happy about is Lego Star Wars II on the 360 because I got it new for $25.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 waflerevolution

Wild ARMs 2 (PS1): Didn't get much farther in this, this week.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (PC): Still playing throught the allied campaign.

GRAW (X360): About halfway through the campaign on normal. I really like this game. I've also been playing co-op with this and it's been a blast.

LEGO Star Wars (PC): Got everything in the game, all the minikits, Jedi status on every level, and all the characters, extras, etc.

I bought a handful of games as well again this week, this week the purchase I'm most happy about is Lego Star Wars II on the 360 because I got it new for $25.

duncanr2n
very well done, I saw you playing LSWII alot yesterday.
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Apathetic_Prick
[QUOTE="duncanr2n"]

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (PC): Still playing throught the allied campaign.

GRAW (X360): About halfway through the campaign on normal. I really like this game. I've also been playing co-op with this and it's been a blast.

waflerevolution

Can't blame him, it's such a wicked game :P

I'm about...1/3 of the way through Knights of the Old Republic.  Third time through and I'm catching a lot of sidequests that I missed.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="duncanr2n"]

Apathetic_Prick

Can't blame him, it's such a wicked game :P

I'm about...1/3 of the way through Knights of the Old Republic. Third time through and I'm catching a lot of sidequests that I missed.

I want KOTRII... I played the LSWII demo and I want it really bad.. more so then the first one.
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Apathetic_Prick

KotOR 2 isn't as good as the first one.  It's a solid game, but I've had little desire to play it again.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CodingGenius

KotOR 2 isn't as good as the first one. It's a solid game, but I've had little desire to play it again.

Apathetic_Prick
Completely agreed. I also found 2 to have random bugs. I crashed my copy several times in one location, where I ran around enemies instead of fighting them. The game would freeze, then I would have to restart from my last save. Once I killed those enemies out of frustration, I had no further problems.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gmsnpr
[QUOTE="Apathetic_Prick"]

KotOR 2 isn't as good as the first one. It's a solid game, but I've had little desire to play it again.

CodingGenius
Completely agreed. I also found 2 to have random bugs. I crashed my copy several times in one location, where I ran around enemies instead of fighting them. The game would freeze, then I would have to restart from my last save. Once I killed those enemies out of frustration, I had no further problems.

It has been a long time since I touched KOTOR 2, but I have had that happen to me as well.  There is a scripted event on Kashyyk where you meet someone after leaving the 'Hawk, but they don't consistently trigger the conversation that you need to progress the story.  It doesn't take many times of game-ending bugs for me to gladly put a game back on the shelf, which is what I did with KOTOR 2.  I have had an itch to finish it of late, though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 203762174820177760555343052357

Picked up about 12 games this week, mostly NeoGeo and GBA. 

Finished Call of Duty 3 (check my profile for review) and closed Chapter 3 of Phoenix Wright.  Started Pokemon Leafgreen.

COD3 was certainly more generous with the acheivement points than COD2.  In COD2 I unlocked 2 out of 13 acheivements even though I finished the campaign, COD3 gave me 7 or 9 for completing campaign.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 waflerevolution
well, I beat Dark Cloud 1 and loved it. it's a good mix of gneres in a neat story with only minor problems. I then started Dark Cloud 2... I'm about 25 hours in and am getting increasingly agitated about how much this game sucks. I don't know why the developers thought up the idea for a sequel that only has the title and monsters and items in common... oh ya... final fantasy... spew... and what in the HELL were they thinking adding golf as a near neccissary aspect of the game? it's not that it's golf but it's impossible golf that you need to do to get 100% completion... and some of the recruiting... grrr... and what's with the no reviveing? the first game had it... well... the plus sides are the city building is a little more in depth but a little more difficult and/or frustraiting, both playable charcaters have close and long range attacks, your clothes are changeable, the story is decent but the addition of voice acting dumbs it down a bit... I'm pretty indifferent to the more realistic fishing and invention system... but the ways to get money, goals and medals suck. I want to quit playing but I'm just not going to try for 100% because I know it won't happen. I can't believe I loved the first and hate the second... that doesn't happen too often...
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jollyroger78
Not much for me to report this week...

-One stage away from finishing Lego Star Wars, which I'm not particularily enamored with.
-Approximately 2/3 finished with medium levels on both Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gmsnpr
Found some good deals recently, which are documented in the Acquisitions thread. I played through some more of King Kong, even though it's like pulling teeth. I finished Bullet Witch, which isn't superb, but much better than most of the reviews indicate. I read one where they decribed the cannon as having the same range as the machine gun, which is nonsense. After you use Element Shot, it turns the cannon into a sniper rifle with much-increased range. Sloppy reviews are the bane of Gamespot.

I also played through Prey, which is fun, and I started F.E.A.R., but I'm not into it yet. The level design so far reminds me of Condemned, which seems reasonable based upon the developer being the same, but it doesn't look as good as Condemned.

I cashed out my points for the Old Spice Challenge, and I'm primed for some level 3 action when it next hits. Can't wait for my free copy of Contra.
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Apathetic_Prick
So far, I'm almost near the end of KotOR, over 1/3 of the way through Syndicate (PC) and near the end of Summon Night 2 (GBA).  The Yavin space station is a nice addition with all the elite items you can get, but I'm only shelling out for lightsaber crystals.  Oh, and I haven't found SoF2 for my XBox yet, but all the pawn shops here have one copy, so it's just a matter of finding one at a price that suits me.  It resells fairly high, too.
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 duncanr2n

Tales of Phantasia (GBA): Finally finished. My review is here.  Dhaos was a pain in my rear.  I've now moved on to:

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls (GBA): Just did the very first part

DOOM (X360): Completed Episode 2 on Ultra-Violent

Wild ARMs 2 (PS1): Picked up a new member for my party.  Good thing about him is that he allows me to use the Combine ability (like summons in FF).

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (PC): Still playing throught the allied campaign.  Kinda on hold.  Was busy playing other stuff.

GRAW (X360): Finished the SP campaign on normal.  Also completed the co-op campaign with a perfect (all primary and secondary objectives completed).  I love this game.

Gears of War (X360):  Finished Acts 3 & 4 on Casual.

I picked up 4 games this week: Shining Tears, Shadow Hearts, Ratchet: Deadlocked, and Gunstar Super Heroes.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 waflerevolution
well, now I've finished both Dark Cloud games and after sinking about 90 hours into the first one and enjoying all of it, playing near 200 hours in DC2 was practically pulling teeth... I'm not very fond of the game, just too many problems with it. near the end I stopped attacking at all and just kept building final bombs so I could kill enimies and get the key to go forward... the gameplay remained it's dungeon crawling goodness but switched it up with good and bad. good: blocking, better weapon system, evadeing bad: less balence in enemies, not all the enemies have a predictable pattern, revive powder doesn't show up till chapter 7 and trhat's the last real chapter. the town building is better to an extent and more in-depth then the first. the worst addition by far is "spheda" a golf-esc minigame that is increadably hard and very frustraiting and unfortunitely needed to recruit a townsfolk, get medals, treasures and 100% completeion the boss fights ranged from impossibly hard to increadably easy and some took far to long... errr... I was gonna complain some more but I'll just leave you with "I hate Dark Cloud 2"
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 waflerevolution
well... summing up the rest of the week; I've finished Ogre Battle 64 and Time Stalkers totaling my games finished withen 1 week to 4. not bad fot just 1 week.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 203762174820177760555343052357
well... summing up the rest of the week; I've finished Ogre Battle 64 and Time Stalkers totaling my games finished withen 1 week to 4. not bad fot just 1 week.waflerevolution

That's great.  I'm muddling my way through Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for the Gamecube (20%) and about half way through the final chapter of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All.

My wildly ambitious goal is to finish both this weekend.

On the aquisition side, a slow week except for my Atari 5200 lot.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]well... summing up the rest of the week; I've finished Ogre Battle 64 and Time Stalkers totaling my games finished withen 1 week to 4. not bad fot just 1 week.aspro73

That's great. I'm muddling my way through Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for the Gamecube (20%) and about half way through the final chapter of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All.

good luck on the finishings. I've started playing Sim City (SNES) and Worms (360) I've also started packing up my older game systems. they aren't getting used at all anymore and I hate leaving them plugged in and just gathering dust. from now on they'll just come out when needed.
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Apathetic_Prick

Finished Kaniggits Of Ze Old République (3rd time), still didn't get all the sidequests.  Had one ruined by a glitch (oh what a surprise). 

Also finally finished Psi Ops.  That game really had me unimpressed.  If I wanted to throw boxes around at people, I'd go back to Deus Ex: Invisible War, which is a longer, deeper and an altogether better game.  And doesn't rely on gimmick gameplay.  And the weapons are better balanced.

Currently playing Dynasty Warriors 4, just got Ma Chao's level 10 weapon and it looks like I'm on the final leg of Summon Night 2.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CodingGenius
Played some games: * Toe Jam & Earl III -- weird, weird. Not in a good way, either. Plus, the gameplay made me nauseous. :( * Red Dead Revolver -- fun, but didn't have a lot of chance to play * Point Blank DS -- Amazing gameplay, albeit somewhat repetitive. :)
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 duncanr2n

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls (GBA): Got the ship.
Wild ARMs 2 (PS1): Picked up another Guardian and got all my character past lvl 20.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (PC): 2/3 through the Allied campaign
GRAW (X360): Playing through the SP campaign on hard now.  Finished first 4 missions.
Gears of War (X360):  Gave General RAAM a new hole in his head.  Completed the game on casual and started through on hardcore.

I also picked up 23 games this week. 8 Gamecube, 1 DS, 10 PS2, 3 Xbox, and 1 360

jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jollyroger78

For the week ending 03-18-2006-

-Finished and reviewed Lego Star Wars...meh.
-Have five-star ratings on all but 5 songs on medium level in Guitar Hero, all but about 12 on Guitar Hero II.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 203762174820177760555343052357
[QUOTE="aspro73"][QUOTE="waflerevolution"]well... summing up the rest of the week; I've finished Ogre Battle 64 and Time Stalkers totaling my games finished withen 1 week to 4. not bad fot just 1 week.waflerevolution

That's great. I'm muddling my way through Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for the Gamecube (20%) and about half way through the final chapter of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All.

good luck on the finishings. I've started playing Sim City (SNES) and Worms (360) I've also started packing up my older game systems. they aren't getting used at all anymore and I hate leaving them plugged in and just gathering dust. from now on they'll just come out when needed.

SimCity for the SNES is the only VC game I've considered downloading, but I cannot get past buying a game I already have.
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Apathetic_Prick

I force moyself to finish Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (waiting until Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders comes before I even touch Heroes) this week, finished it on Wednesday.  What a waste of 50 hours.  I haven't seen a story that disjointed since I watched that Karas anime. 

Went back to my second runthrough of Scarface; The World is Yours, I'm now a much happier camper.  Better combat and, more importantly, better chainsaw mechanics.  And aiming mechanics.  And shooting while driving mechanics.  And soundtrack.  And story.  Not as varied missions, but at least the goddamned game makes sense!

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 waflerevolution

I force moyself to finish Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (waiting until Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders comes before I even touch Heroes) this week, finished it on Wednesday. What a waste of 50 hours. I haven't seen a story that disjointed since I watched that Karas anime.

Went back to my second runthrough of Scarface; The World is Yours, I'm now a much happier camper. Better combat and, more importantly, better chainsaw mechanics. And aiming mechanics. And shooting while driving mechanics. And soundtrack. And story. Not as varied missions, but at least the goddamned game makes sense!

Apathetic_Prick
do you know how to get the hot coffee thing and where it is? I have it on PS2 and wouuld like to see what all the fuss was about... the story in KoF has no disjointedness... it does however edit out "the pope" with a deleted diolog and the text changed to "patriarch" I have SFTWIY on the PSP, is it really worth a playthrough if I don't like GTA style games?
jollyroger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jollyroger78
[QUOTE="Apathetic_Prick"]

I force moyself to finish Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (waiting until Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders comes before I even touch Heroes) this week, finished it on Wednesday. What a waste of 50 hours. I haven't seen a story that disjointed since I watched that Karas anime.

Went back to my second runthrough of Scarface; The World is Yours, I'm now a much happier camper. Better combat and, more importantly, better chainsaw mechanics. And aiming mechanics. And shooting while driving mechanics. And soundtrack. And story. Not as varied missions, but at least the goddamned game makes sense!

waflerevolution

do you know how to get the hot coffee thing and where it is? I have it on PS2 and wouuld like to see what all the fuss was about... the story in KoF has no disjointedness... it does however edit out "the pope" with a deleted diolog and the text changed to "patriarch" I have SFTWIY on the PSP, is it really worth a playthrough if I don't like GTA style games?

Regarding "Hot Coffee," you have to have a GameShark (or some other cheat device) and an early copy of GTA:SA. I think I've still got the GameShark codes somewhere if you really want to see it, but it's really not worth it.

Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Apathetic_Prick
Btw, I wasn't saying that KuF's story is disjointed (it isn't), I was saying San Andreas's was.  And very badly so. 
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 waflerevolution
GTAApathetic_Prick
my copy is the origional version and I have a current codebreaker... and... I think I have an early gameshark (ver 2?)
KuFApathetic_Prick
oops, sorry. misunderstood.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 203762174820177760555343052357
Slow week except for the big haul.  Ordered some digidrive games from Play-Asia.  Red Star got pushed back AGAIN.  Having been playing God of War 2 exclusively, hit the wall with XXYY Feel the Magic, will try one more time before I give up entirely.  Probably would help if I did not play it ONLY when I am about to fall asleep.
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CodingGenius
Some levels in FTM take full concetration. This weekend, I'll be learning the mod ropes and playing some Psychonauts!