The Official New Aquisitions Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#151 propyro
Member since 2005 • 6736 Posts
Hey ... as far as i know there haven't been any OFFICAL love hina games with nudity ... God knows what happens in those wacky homebrewed ones.
Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#152 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
LOL I know there isn't SEX but I'm fairly cirtain there is a smidge of sexuality which includes the occasional nude.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 propyro
Near nudity, most likely. Your character will almost always get pummeled after that anyways.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 waflerevolution
ya.... it's usually something like that, I've seen a few US releases hold nudity and jpn games have it all the time so the chances are you will find some eventually.... I'm even pretty sure there is a shooter for jaguar that has a penis in it
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 propyro
Interesting. I'm sure the only thing tis game has that an american release wouldn't have is a convoluted story followed by lots of suggestive situations. I know the old Parodius games had nudity inthem, and for whatever reason they were taken out in the saturn/PSX releases in japan.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 waflerevolution
I know, it's entertaining isn't it, they even took out a nude statue in CV on NES
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]ya.... it's usually something like that, I've seen a few US releases hold nudity and jpn games have it all the time so the chances are you will find some eventually.... I'm even pretty sure there is a shooter for jaguar that has a penis in it

There was a list of top 10 overtly sexual games compiled, I think, by SeanBaby.  I've seen screenshots of a gay-themed penis shooter that was on that list and I wish that I could expunge the images from my mind.  I can't remember the platform, but I don't believe it was on Jaguar.  So there be more than one game in this unpleasant niche.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 gmsnpr
I found a sealed copy of Kuon for a friend of mine last night for $9, and an open copy of Space Channel 5 Special Edition for $8; I also picked up Glimmerati for the N-gage for $6.99.  If you want N-gage software, now would be the time to get it from Gamestop, as all of the games are $6.99.  I also bought Sony-brand component cables for $7 to replace the 3rd-party X-box or PS2 ones that I was using.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 propyro
I just got Castle Shikigami 2 in the mail today. it only cost me $14 after shipping and dollar conversions. It's a shame that the game "flopped" in the north american market so baddly, but on the bright side i was atleast able to get a good game for pretty cheap on eaby.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 gmsnpr
I picked up Pathway to Glory and X-Men Legends for the N-Gage each for $6.99 at Gamestop today, and I finally got the deck to play them with.  I got the pre-paid phone package of an N-Gage QD ($99) and so far I'm not disappointed.  I switched my SIM card from my original cell phone and the reception is pretty good, as is the display.  It's not PSP quality, but I didn't expect that.  Puyo Pop is fun and so is X-Men Legends; I haven't played anything else.   
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#161 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
New Purchases:

Xbox 360 Premium
1 Corded Controller
Perfect Dark Zero
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 propyro
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]New Purchases:

Xbox 360 Premium
1 Corded Controller
Perfect Dark Zero

And that's what makes you cool. Bloody wireless contolers. I tested out my Love Hina game and confirmed what i was thinking from the get go. The only english text i saw was actually on the VMU only ... it says Love hina in japanese, and under it it says "SMILE AGAIN". I went though the option screens and didn't see a single stitch of english anywhere else, this is going to be a game that will take at least 3 years before i'm able to make an attempt at playing it without a translation guide.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 gmsnpr

I have posted my recent buys in my blog, but for convenience...

1. Captain Comic, rear label damaged cart only, NES, $4.95

2. Feel the Magic XY/XX, new, DS, $9.99

3. Guilty Gear Isuka, mint, PS2, $18

4. Naval Ops Commander, mint, PS2, $11

5. Resident Evil Outbreak File #2, very fine, PS2, $11

6. RPG Maker II, mint, PS2, $11

7. Silent Line: Armored Core, very fine, PS2, $11

8. Beatdown: Fists of Vengeance, mint, X-Box, $11

9. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, mint, X-Box, $11

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 waflerevolution
errrrrrr...... I just blogged a huge buy, also snpr man....... why buy a game off your list, I'm just glad that A. I didn't have rpg maker II and B. I'm returning games tomorrow anyway.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 propyro
Guilty Gear Isuka and Feel the Magic are awesome. Feel the magic was just lots of fun, and Guilty gear is just pure chaos if you have 4 characters fighting at once.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="propyro"]Guilty Gear Isuka and Feel the Magic are awesome. Feel the magic was just lots of fun, and Guilty gear is just pure chaos if you have 4 characters fighting at once.

Yeah I've really been wanting a Guilty Gear game lately.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 gmsnpr

The Gamestop used game sale struck again, and I picked up Demon Stone and Red Ninja on X-box and Nanobreaker on PS2, all mint and complete for $35 total.  Red Ninja isn't quite the trainwreck that the review and the rapid price drop would lead you to believe.  I had it before and had an urge to play it again.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 waflerevolution
I moved my reserve for red star to red ninja when red star got cancelled.... never baught it though
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 propyro
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"] [QUOTE="propyro"]Guilty Gear Isuka and Feel the Magic are awesome. Feel the magic was just lots of fun, and Guilty gear is just pure chaos if you have 4 characters fighting at once.

Yeah I've really been wanting a Guilty Gear game lately.

Isuka is pretty easy to find, but it's not a game for everyone, because it's a 4 player game it's control set up is a bit weird. You use the R2 button to make you character turn around and i think the L2 button is for a quick attack to your back. I suggest youtry getting X, X2 or even X2 #reloaded for Xbox. Those three games play like normal fighting games, and they do it very well.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 waflerevolution
I have a freindish person who has all US released GG games for the consoles he has and I would like the games if they were a little better put togeather... the combos are hard...... also 1 hit kills? hmmmm.... great graphics and sound in them.
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#171 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts

I have a freindish person who has all US released GG games for the consoles he has and I would like the games if they were a little better put togeather... the combos are hard...... also 1 hit kills? hmmmm.... great graphics and sound in them. waflerevolution
thats not too many :P does he have the gba version like me?

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 waflerevolution
ya
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 propyro
the one hit kill thing is pretty weird, but you try pulling it off against someone. Most of the time the one hit kills are way too slow and you get interupted. I love the games because their just so smooth, i haven't progressed to the point that i'm working on combos though. I need to play guilty gear more often. Yesterday i was out at walmart and found Night mare of Durga and Baiten Kaitos for $18 each. FIgured why the hell not, i already knew that Durga got weak reviews from gamespot, but since when do i ever care if they flop a game?
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 waflerevolution
I like drunga more then kaitos, don't owneither but I've played them....
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 propyro
I've joined the rank fo the casuals ... I now own Halo for Xbox, but i made sure to get the game with the original "not for resale" cover and to make sure it was in good condition before i bought it. The gameplay is still decent, the story is sitll meh, but the grunts are kinda funny, and the music is great. other then that ... meh. I'll probalby get the collectors edition sooner or later, if i find it with that plastic sleeve and for a good price i'll go for it.
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#176 DrFish62
Member since 2003 • 4973 Posts

I've joined the rank fo the casuals ... I now own Halo for Xbox, but i made sure to get the game with the original "not for resale" cover and to make sure it was in good condition before i bought it. The gameplay is still decent, the story is sitll meh, but the grunts are kinda funny, and the music is great. other then that ... meh. I'll probalby get the collectors edition sooner or later, if i find it with that plastic sleeve and for a good price i'll go for it.propyro

I've had both since I got my Xbox, but have yet to play them.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 waflerevolution
I got Halo 2 for 5 dollars so I beat that in about 2 hours..... very generic plus it leads into an old macintosh game.... I found that strange untill I realised that was by bungie too.... I saw halo 1 went to 9.99 I too am contemplating grabbing one....
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 propyro
Get halo for the music more than anything else.
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 falconclan

HOORAY!

1) i found a GOLD n64... thats right special edition baby!

2) king of fighters '99, playstation.... im a fighting game fanatic... that means i love this find :)

3) point blank 3... HOOOOOOORRRAY!

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 keiblerfan69

HOORAY!

2) king of fighters '99, playstation.... im a fighting game fanatic... that means i love this find :)

falconclan

Nice finds. What was your total?
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 falconclan
[QUOTE="falconclan"]

HOORAY!

keiblerfan69

Nice finds. What was your total?

$12... i love my store...:):D  damn crazy price eh?
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 gmsnpr
I picked up Guitar Hero, Magna Carta: Tears of Blood, and Escape From Monkey Island all for PS2 tonight, for $69.99 (new), $54.95 (new), and $17.95 (mint used), respectively. Guitar Hero is fun and interesting, though I'm not very good at it yet. If you can find a copy, it wouldn't be a bad idea to snap it up as the game is claimed to be sold out nationwide. My Best Buy had 10 copies, though.
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 DrFish62

I picked up Guitar Hero, Magna Carta: Tears of Blood, and Escape From Monkey Island all for PS2 tonight, for $69.99 (new), $54.95 (new), and $17.95 (mint used), respectively.  Guitar Hero is fun and interesting, though I'm not very at it good yet.  If you can find a copy, it wouldn't be a bad idea to snap it up as the game is claimed to be sold out nationwide.  My Best Buy had 10 copies, though. gmsnpr

My EB has 7 copies, but they just raised the price from $70 to $80. And it wasn't even EB that did it. The MSRP went up. I've never seen that happen.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 gmsnpr

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]I picked up Guitar Hero, Magna Carta: Tears of Blood, and Escape From Monkey Island all for PS2 tonight, for $69.99 (new), $54.95 (new), and $17.95 (mint used), respectively. Guitar Hero is fun and interesting, though I'm not very good at it yet. If you can find a copy, it wouldn't be a bad idea to snap it up as the game is claimed to be sold out nationwide. My Best Buy had 10 copies, though. DrFish62

My EB has 7 copies, but they just raised the price from $70 to $80. And it wasn't even EB that did it. The MSRP went up. I've never seen that happen.

Sorry to propagate the rarity rumor, folks.  I just went to Red Octane's web site, and the 2-guitar controller bundle is in stock for $109.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 waflerevolution
my GS has 7, another I frequant has 12.... all at 70..... I get 15% off, not sure rare qualifies though.... collectible tes, rare not untill demand goes up....
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 propyro
likew it did with Guitaroo man?
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 waflerevolution
gitaroo had high demand and lilited quality. so boom rare collectable.
it will likly happen to hero too
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 gmsnpr

The good buys just keep rolling in; last night and this afternoon I found:

Constantine, mint, X-Box, $5.99

Gungriffon: Allied Strike, near mint, X-box, $8

Lumines, new, PSP, $9.98 (!)

Mad Maestro, mint, PS2, $8

Maximo: Ghosts to Glory (non GH), mint, PS2, $8

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, mint, $8 

Megaman 4, cart only, NES, $2

Half-Life 2 strat guide, new, $1.54.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 waflerevolution
you going to add the stuff I gave you?

anyway, I got Evolution Worlds (GCN) today for free.....
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 DrFish62

Haven't posted in this thread for a while, and I've got a question to ask you guys. First, though, my recent purchases are pretty much DS exclusive (Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga) and Psychonauts. I'm going through a "buy the game to play it" phase rather than a "buy the game to collect it phase."

But my question is, I found an exchange store out in the middle of nowhere where my girlfriend goes to school. They have the following items, all complete in-box, and I was wondering which of them you thought were good deals. I didn't have enough cash on me at the time, so they're just sitting there waiting for me to make the hour-long drive. I'm not in any hurry though, because they've been sitting there for months and haven't been sold.

SNES Super Scope, with game - $45
Magnavox Odyssey - $100
3DO - $150
Atari 2600 - $100
Atari 7800 - $100

I have both Atari systems already. They've also got a million NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, 32X and PS1 (in the original big cases) titles. If only I was carrying more cash at the time....

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 waflerevolution
first, where is this?

second, the only good deals are

Magnavox Odyssey - $100
3DO - $150
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 DrFish62

Yeah, that's what I thought. It's taken me a while to find a Super Scope though.

It's in Rootstown, OH, where my girlfriend goes for med school. Completely middle of nowhere, and I assume not too large of a gaming community (otherwise the Odyssey and 3DO wouldn't still be in the store). It's about an hour away from my house in Cleveland.

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 propyro
Aoa ... so $150 on a boxed 3D0 is considered a good deal? So i guess you guys weren't kidding when i got mine for $7 with 3 games ... but it wasn't boxed. Yesterday i picked up Final Fight 2 for SNES for $4.99, haven't tested it yet though.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 waflerevolution
pyro, originally 3DO was $500 and went away within 2 years (actually probably less the 1) so ya, any 3DO is a good find..... man I wish I could get there..... it's one of my goals to get all PS1 big boxes, ebay wants too much..... I got my superscope w/box and 8 (compatable) games most complete or at least with manual on ebay for $30 no less then 2 or 3 years ago.... so the value is still about the same if not less.....
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 gmsnpr

you going to add the stuff I gave you?

anyway, I got Evolution Worlds (GCN) today for free.....
waflerevolution

I wasn't sure that all went under the "purchases" heading, but sure.  Thanks to waflerevolution's Christmas generosity, I now have:

Altered Beast: Guardian of the Realms on GBA

Bloody Roar on Playstation

Donkey Kong on Colecovision

Donkey Kong, Jr. on Colecovision

Lady Sia on GBA

Resident Evil 2 on N64

Steel Battalion: Line of Contact on X-Box

Time Crisis III on PS2

the box, manual, and inlays for Star Strike on Intellivision to complete my copy

a complete copy of Space Armada on Intellivision

and numerous cool demo discs including the Fable pre-order DVD.  Thanks again!  Your package should go out tomorrow.

In addition, I picked up Genji: Dawn of the Samurai on PS2, new for $39.99 and

Resident Evil 4 Premium Edition on PS2, new for $49.99 with the accompanying strat guide

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 gmsnpr

Atari 7800 - $100

DrFish62

That is a little more than I'd pay for a 7800, even though I'd like one. 

This is a little off-topic, but please bear with me.

Would any of you be interested in compiling a database of all of the vintage game stores that we know?  I have visited several stores in the Midwest and Texas, but certainly not all of them, and I know little about the rest of the country.  I think that it would be great to have a working list of good vintage stores for when members of the CCU travel or for shopping directly if the store owners are interested in shipping.  We might even discover stores that aren't far away from us but were unaware of for some reason. 

I remember that quite a while ago, waflerevolution started a list of our favorite places to buy games, now I wonder if we could make a list of every game store that we can put down on paper.  Every time I travel near the stores that I know, I certainly pay them a visit.  Without fail, I have found something interesting.

So, here are the questions:  Do you want to do this?  If so, do we want this as something on the Union Frontpage or as a stickied thread?  What kinds of information do we want to include?  As an example, here is a potential format:

Game Store   Location(s)   Phone number   website   vintage   imports   repairs   PC   Arcade   Shipping

Gamesniper's   here, TX   (123) 555-5555       no            yes           yes           yes      yes       no          yes

If there is interest, we can move forward from there.  I have the contact info for, and know something about, 14 dedicated vintage game stores in 5 states; I'll bet that we can easily triple that number if there is support.  Of course, I'm not listing EB or Gamestop, etc. locations (you can use their store locator anyway).  I think that only non-chain game stores should be a part of this.

DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 DrFish62

I really like your idea. But do you think we can really compile a worthwhile amount of data? Speaking for myself, I only know of about 6 stores in northeast Ohio, and they're all the same chain. I'd be more than happy to get the contact info though. As for the stickied thread vs. front page part, I think it'd be better to keep it in a stickied thread for now until we compile enough info. We could even try to garner support outside of the union at some point to try and fill in the inevitable gaps.

EDIT: I created a new thread called "Ideas for Main Page Updates" if you guys are interested and want to talk about this more. I added a few suggestions of my own as well. That way we can keep the discussion going and keep this thread on topic.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 waflerevolution
I love the idea..... I network alot so I think it could work, I can add a few..... I think this is front page worthy
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 keiblerfan69
I think I could help with that too. 
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 falconclan
hmm well i know its not much, but i picked up call of duty 2 and splinter cell: ct for $36 total new...