The Official New Aquisitions Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
Tell us about you recent aquisitions here and we will rate, comment on, critiqe or critisise them.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 keiblerfan69
Buy 2, Get 1 free sale at EBgames:

• Sled Storm (PS1) $ 2.99
  • Phantasy Star Online V.2 (DC) $5.99
  • NFL 2k2 (DC) $2.99
  • Soul Caliber (DC) $7.99- i now own 2 copies(1 complete)
  • Ultimate Fighting Championship (DC) $2.99
  • Grandia II w/ soundtrack (DC) $17.99
  • Yellow VMU $1.49
  • Blue VMU $1.49
Total: $39.70 including tax

Rate Please
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 propyro
Member since 2005 • 6736 Posts
This is kind of what my "Score" thread was about. Whatver, now we have a clean slate to play with. I just got a shipment from Play-Asia.com yesterday. Trizeal, Chaos Field, Capcom vs SNK 2 (with matching service), Sexy Parodius (Saturn) and my total control plus PS2 - DC adaptor so i can use my Chun-Li fighting pad on my Dreamcast.\ Also I got my hands on Exile for Turbo CD. So that's one more Working Design game that's tossed into my collection. The game seems to play very much like early Ys games, particularly Ys 3. I think i should keep my eyes on ebay for a saturn twin stick for VOOT, not to mention copies of that game for Saturn and Dreamcast.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="propyro"] I think i should keep my eyes on ebay for a saturn twin stick for VOOT, not to mention copies of that game for Saturn and Dreamcast.

Good Luck. Im gonna get some more cash and maybe go back to that EB cuz I think I should clean out there DC games. But Im not gonna buy the un-complete copy of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, maybe ill get Street Fighter: Double Impact.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 propyro
Marvel VS Capcom 2 is very much worth it. Escpecially if you can get it for a good price, which i slikely to be teh case with EB and anything related to Dreamcast games.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 keiblerfan69
Marvel VS Capcom 2 is very much worth it. Escpecially if you can get it for a good price, which i slikely to be teh case with EB and anything related to Dreamcast games.propyro

ya its 25 bucks so I don't think I will be buying.
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 DrFish62
Member since 2003 • 4973 Posts

I just went to visit my girlfriend at her med school in Rootstown, OH (middle of nowhere, but near Kent and Ravenna if anyone else is familiar with it). I found an exchange store there and bought all these in their original boxes for under $50:

• Double Dragon 3 (Genesis)
  • Stellar Fire (Sega CD)
  • Dr. Mario (NES)
  • Pinball Dreams (Game Gear)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Genesis)
  • Ridge Racer (PS1, in the original bigger box, similar to the Sega CD cases, not the regular jewel case)
  • Street Fighter Alpha: Warrior's Dreams (PS1, also in the bigger box, not the jewel case)
  • Sega Nomad system

On my way out of the store, I noticed a newly refurbished Intellivision for $60. Unfortunately, I was out of cash at that point. I'll probably send my girlfriend back to the store at some point during the week to pick it up for me. I wouldn't have half of my collection if it wasn't for her. :)

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 propyro
You got the Nomad in it's box for less than 50? Very cool, also i'm not all that fond of those long boxes they put 3DO, Sega CD, Saturn and old Playstation games in. They took up a hell of a lot of room ... even if they gave you more surface area to put pretty art on.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 keiblerfan69
good job fish. its funny that when you were out of town you went to a games store.
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DrFish62

good job fish. its funny that when you were out of town you went to a games store.keiblerfan69

Oh, definitely. I consider it a personal mission everytime I go to a new city to try and find their local game exchange store. Not chains like EB or Gamestop, but mom and pop stores. They usually have much rarer finds and much better bargains. I've also found that they take better care of what they have.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 keiblerfan69

[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]good job fish. its funny that when you were out of town you went to a games store.DrFish62

Oh, definitely. I consider it a personal mission everytime I go to a new city to try and find their local game exchange store. Not chains like EB or Gamestop, but mom and pop stores. They usually have much rarer finds and much better bargains. I've also found that they take better care of what they have.

ya my city is too big(Las Vegas) to have any successful mom and pop shops. the only good one is on the other side of town. if i get like 120 bucks. im gonna go out there and clean out there DC selection
Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#12 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
[QUOTE="DrFish62"]

[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]good job fish. its funny that when you were out of town you went to a games store.keiblerfan69

ya my city is too big(Las Vegas) to have any successful mom and pop shops. the only good one is on the other side of town. if i get like 120 bucks. im gonna go out there and clean out there DC selection

good azz plan right there....

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

Here's what I bought today.

Systems

Model 1 Sega Genesis w/ "High Definition Graphics" on it, which places it in the earliest-built batches, all hookups and 3 3-button controllers, FREE, but it needs a new A/C adaptor or to be itself repaired, I'm not sure yet.

NES Games

Metal Mech, mint cart, $3

Robocop 2, CIB, $3

SuperSpike V-Ball/Nintendo World Cup, mint cart, $3

SMS games

Lord of the Sword, MIB, $4 (to upgrade my cart-only copy)

Genesis Games

6-Pak, MIB, $3

Animaniacs, MIB, $3

Jerry Glanville's Pigskin Footbrawl, no instructions otherwise very nice, $3

Sonic 3-D Blast, MIB, $3 (to upgrade my cart-only copy)

SNES Games

Super Battleship, MIB, $3

PS1 Games

Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style, CIB, $4

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gmsnpr
Just killing a double post. Figured I have to do something with these officer privilages to earn my keep here. - ProPyro
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrFish62

SMS games

gmsnpr

I was wondering about this. How often do you guys upgrade your cart-only copies of games? Usually, if I own the cart alone and find the box or manual somewhere, I have this compulsion to buy it. Does anyone else feel that? Or am I just crazy?

Nice purchase by the way.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]

SMS games

DrFish62

I was wondering about this. How often do you guys upgrade your cart-only copies of games? Usually, if I own the cart alone and find the box or manual somewhere, I have this compulsion to buy it. Does anyone else feel that? Or am I just crazy?

Nice purchase by the way.

The only game of mine I've upgraded so far is Soul Caliber. But ya I do feel that I need to upgrade the rest.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 propyro
I hate tryign to up grade CD games. It's always such a pain in the ass to find the instructions, or the back covers for games and usually you get suckered into buying the game all over again. Which is why i usually don't buy incomplete CD based gaames unless it's a very rare game. Anyways, my imported Gun Bird 2 for Dreamcast came in, and that game is near impossible. Over the weekend i also bought a Saturn Twin stick and Virtual On: Cyber Troopers on Ebay. THe game was only $20, figured i couldn't miss out on something like that. Also bought XII Stag, Mushihimesama and Giga Wing Generations for PS2. All of them are import shooters from play-asia.com
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrFish62

I hate tryign to up grade CD games. It's always such a pain in the ass to find the instructions, or the back covers for games and usually you get suckered into buying the game all over again. Which is why i usually don't buy incomplete CD based gaames unless it's a very rare game. propyro

Same here. Although I don't care if the case itself is damaged because they're easily replaced. I'm very careful when I look at the actual CD though. Fingerprints are OK, but I won't buy it if there are any visible scratches.

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 propyro
scrathces aren't a big deal to me, i can get them polished out eventually. Top side scratches, and if the disc is missing chunks, or deep gouges really bug me though.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 keiblerfan69
scrathces aren't a big deal to me, i can get them polished out eventually. Top side scratches, and if the disc is missing chunks, or deep gouges really bug me though.propyro

ya i hate it when discs are like that. thats why im very picky about my used games.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 waflerevolution
I upgrade whatever I can whenever for whatever reason, I keep boxes of just extra manuals, coverarts, boxes, inserts, ect. just for that reason.
usagi704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 usagi704
Member since 2003 • 2058 Posts
I upgrade my games only if it doesn't cost too much. Within the last month, I upgraded my cart only version of Perfect Dark to a complete sealed new copy for $10.
guinness4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#23 guinness4life
Member since 2004 • 306 Posts

sega gen + CD = 12USD. Now I just have to hunt down some games.

On a side not, anyone know any horror ones besides nighttrap and corpse killer? The RPGs are the main reason I bought it, but if I can find some decent horror games, that's icing on the cake.

32X $2 (It's debatable whether or not the 32x is a bargain, even at that price). I can't think of a single game I want to play for it.

Realms of the Haunting, sealed, special edition, $9.99. Pretty much one of the definitive PC horror games. Finding a special edition is hard, finding it complete in the box is harder, finding it sealed for 9.99 borders on outrageous.

Sanitarium, 6.50 w/manual (ie: not the fairly abundant jewel case version).

Now I just have to find a certain ridiculously obscure survival horror game, and some of Maxis's older SIM games, and I'll be set for awhile.

thegroove13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thegroove13
Member since 2004 • 66 Posts
I picked up these games over the weekend during Gamestops buy 2 get 1 free sale. The Dreamcast stuff was buy 1 get 2 free.

Dreamcast:
Rayman 2
Alien Front Online
Railroad Tycoon
Generator Volume 1
Generator Volume 2

Gamecube:
Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II
Space Raiders
P.N.03
Starfox Adventures
F-Zero GX

Xbox:
Unreal Championship
Hunter the Reckoning
Wolverine's Revenge
Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds

I got all this for under $80
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 keiblerfan69
I picked up these games over the weekend during Gamestops buy 2 get 1 free sale. The Dreamcast stuff was buy 1 get 2 free.

Dreamcast:
Rayman 2
Alien Front Online
Railroad Tycoon
Generator Volume 1
Generator Volume 2

Gamecube:
Space Raiders
P.N.03
Starfox Adventures
F-Zero GX

Xbox:
Unreal Championship
Hunter the Reckoning
Wolverine's Revenge

thegroove13

good job dude.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 waflerevolution
you should have got 1 more.....
guinness4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 guinness4life

Dreamcast:
Rayman 2
Alien Front Online
Railroad Tycoon
Generator Volume 1
Generator Volume 2

Gamecube:
Space Raiders
P.N.03
Starfox Adventures
F-Zero GX

Xbox:
Unreal Championship
Hunter the Reckoning
Wolverine's Revenge

thegroove13

Rayman 2 (DC) is a pretty decent find. It's also the only game there I'd ever considered purchasing besides Hunter (which I already own).

I could see someone buying F-Zero, Magic and Star Fox Adventures (*cough* zelda:OoT *cough*) too if you're into their respective genres (I can't say I am). But Wolverine's Revenge, PN 03, Generator, a console port of Railroad Tycoon?

Space Raiders made most critics "worst of" list. It is rare though, so if you were a diehard collector, who collected things based on rarity rather than quality or just really, really liked space invaders, I could see buying it. I wouldn't though.

Quality, not quantity.

My sega gen/CD for 12USD still has you beat. ;)

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 propyro
Just went to EB and picked up my preordered Ninja Gaiden Black, haven't played it yet, i'm probalby going to try and finsh the original game before i pop in Black for the higher difficulty levels. I also picked up Nanostray for the DS. Much to my surprise some on had traded in a banged up, but complete copy of Alundra 2, I've heard good things about the game and that it's generally looked upon as a decently collectable title, so i grabbed it for $15.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 keiblerfan69
Just went to EB and picked up my preordered Ninja Gaiden Black, haven't played it yet, i'm probalby going to try and finsh the original game before i pop in Black for the higher difficulty levels. I also picked up Nanostray for the DS. Much to my surprise some on had traded in a banged up, but complete copy of Alundra 2, I've heard good things about the game and that it's generally looked upon as a decently collectable title, so i grabbed it for $15.propyro

congratz on Nanostray. I really need to get a copy of that before it becomes impossible to get one.
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrFish62
I thought the same thing about Nanostray before I actually found a copy, bought it, and played it. It looks amazing, but it plays horribly. It was the victim of another developer forcing touch-screen functionality on a game that didn't need it. In order to switch weapons, you have to take your eye off a very full top screen to touch the bottom screen. Doing this usually renders you dead from another ship crashing into your own. It's a pity. Could've been a great game.
thegroove13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thegroove13
Member since 2004 • 66 Posts

[QUOTE="thegroove13"]I picked up these games over the weekend during Gamestops buy 2 get 1 free sale. The Dreamcast stuff was buy 1 get 2 free.

Dreamcast:
Rayman 2
Alien Front Online
Railroad Tycoon
Generator Volume 1
Generator Volume 2

Gamecube:
Space Raiders
P.N.03
Starfox Adventures
F-Zero GX

Xbox:
Unreal Championship
Hunter the Reckoning
Wolverine's Revenge

guinness4life

Rayman 2 (DC) is a pretty decent find. It's also the only game there I'd ever considered purchasing besides Hunter (which I already own).

I could see someone buying F-Zero, Magic and Star Fox Adventures (*cough* zelda:OoT *cough*) too if you're into their respective genres (I can't say I am). But Wolverine's Revenge, PN 03, Generator, a console port of Railroad Tycoon?

Space Raiders made most critics "worst of" list. It is rare though, so if you were a diehard collector, who collected things based on rarity rather than quality or just really, really liked space invaders, I could see buying it. I wouldn't though.

Quality, not quantity.

My sega gen/CD for 12USD still has you beat. ;)

I guess I collect more quantity rather than quality. I'm working on a complete US Release Dreamcast list, so that's why the Railroad Tycoon and the Generator games. I'm also trying to get a hold of all of console specific games like PN03 and Space Raiders. I guess I just like adding games to my collection when there is a sale, even if they aren't all that great of games.

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 propyro
congratz on Nanostray. I really need to get a copy of that before it becomes impossible to get one.
keiblerfan69
Yea, nanostray is actually a pretty good game, it's just that the forced use of the touch screen really bugs me. The two trigger buttons could have been better utilized as a previous weapon/next weapon set up.
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DrFish62

Yea, nanostray is actually a pretty good game, it's just that the forced use of the touch screen really bugs me. The two trigger buttons could have been better utilized as a previous weapon/next weapon set up.propyro

See but that's what bothers me so much about the first batch of DS games. There's absolutely no reason it couldn't have been mapped to the shoulder buttons and it would have made for a much better game. But it seems like developers are scared to make games that don't take advantage of all the DS's features, and this usually ends up hurting the game more than helping (Read: Nanostray weapon selection, Rayman 'analog' control, Ridge Racer steering wheel).

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 propyro
Well, i'm just hoping the next run of games fix this. I really would like to see more shoot'em ups on the DS, and i'd love to see a more orthadox variety of shooters come out on the PSP, as far as i know, there's nothing comming out of the PSP when it comes to shoots.
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DrFish62
You're right, I don't think there are any shooters on the PSP. Your best bet today would be Namco Museum Battle Collection for the arrangement version of Galaxian. It's not bad, but it's not a full-fledged shooter by today's standards. I'm actually more desperate for some good platforming action on the PSP (2D or 3D). The recent efforts have been disappointing to say the least.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 propyro
Space invaders beat This one caught my eye, it came out a few weeks ago.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 waflerevolution
does look cool, 3D is killing 2D and nintedo is killing gaming
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DrFish62

does look cool, 3D is killing 2D and nintedo is killing gamingwaflerevolution

Well that's a whole other debate there.

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 propyro
One of the guys that works at an EB near me called me up and told me that they had someone trade in about 92 games, genisis and SNES and that i should come by to see what there was. Unfortunatly there was a lot of sports titles and mortal kombat 1 and 2 in there. Two games that interested me, and only one that i took. F-22 interceptor for Genisis, $2 cart only. cool thing was the guy gave me a free DS mobile kit. the thign has game cases, a spare stylus, AC and car adaptors, a ds case, and head phones. Not bad if you ask me. Oh yea and Vay came in the mail, i'm officially in need of a sega CD and a Genisis 2 so i can use that thing.
guinness4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 guinness4life

Dark Wizard. Sega CD.

Now I just need to find an ac adapter for my sega cd. The person I ordered an adapter from last week sent me the wrong one.

edit: but interestingly enough, it's the 32x one, which i need anyway along with the gen interface cable. i'd rather have the sega cd one though. the 32x really, really sucks.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 waflerevolution

One of the guys that works at an EB near me called me up and told me that they had someone trade in about 92 games, genisis and SNES and that i should come by to see what there was. Unfortunatly there was a lot of sports titles and mortal kombat 1 and 2 in there. Two games that interested me, and only one that i took. F-22 interceptor for Genisis, $2 cart only. cool thing was the guy gave me a free DS mobile kit. the thign has game cases, a spare stylus, AC and car adaptors, a ds case, and head phones. Not bad if you ask me. Oh yea and Vay came in the mail, i'm officially in need of a sega CD and a Genisis 2 so i can use that thing.propyro

I got F-22 intercepter from VGLQ brand new for 45 cents

guinness4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 guinness4life
Landstalker, complete. 3 dollars.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gmsnpr

This was a light week for me. I got:

Spy vs. Spy, card only, SMS, $2.95

Qix Neo, new, PS1, $3.99

Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw Controller, new, GC, $34.99 (#06802 of 50,000)

DS carrying case, new on clearance, $2.98 (I have yet to fill it)

GBA to GC link cable, new on clearance, $4.98.

I nearly bought Genji, but ran out of shopping time. What little of it I tried was pretty easy, but I liked the game and will probably get it within a few weeks.

DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DrFish62

Went to visit my girlfriend in middle-of-nowhere-Ohio again this weekend and picked up a bunch of good stuff. Though not all of them were actual games:

Games

Mario Paint - SNES - Complete in box
Street Fighter: The Movie - PS1 - Complete in box (yes, it's the awful Mortal Kombat-esque game based on a movie based on a game)
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - Saturn - Complete in box
DK King of Swing - GBA - New
We Love Katamari - PS2 - New

Action Figures

Street Fighter II - Ken
Street Fighter II - Akuma
MK Deception - Raiden
MK Deception - Baraka
MK Deception - Sub-Zero
MK Deception - Scorpion

Misc

Nintendo zipper pulls & keychains (Link, Mario, and an NES controller)
One of those single color bracelets like Livestrong, except it's magenta and says Gamestop on it (just for the hell of it)
Asteroids and Super Breakout mini arcade machines (about the size of the original Game Boy with displays similar to the Game & Watch series)

I also found an Atari 7800, Intellivision, and Odyssey, all complete in box. Unfortunately, they were over $100 each and I wasn't about to spend upwards of $350.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 waflerevolution

Went to visit my girlfriend in middle-of-nowhere-Ohio again this weekend and picked up a bunch of good stuff. Though not all of them were actual games:

Games

Mario Paint - SNES - Complete in box
Street Fighter: The Movie - PS1 - Complete in box (yes, it's the awful Mortal Kombat-esque game based on a movie based on a game)
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - Saturn - Complete in box
DK King of Swing - GBA - New
We Love Katamari - PS2 - New

Action Figures

Street Fighter II - Ken
Street Fighter II - Akuma
MK Deception - Raiden
MK Deception - Baraka
MK Deception - Sub-Zero
MK Deception - Scorpion

Misc

Nintendo zipper pulls & keychains (Link, Mario, and an NES controller)
One of those single color bracelets like Livestrong, except it's magenta and says Gamestop on it (just for the hell of it)
Asteroids and Super Breakout mini arcade machines (about the size of the original Game Boy with displays similar to the Game & Watch series)

I also found an Atari 7800, Intellivision, and Odyssey, all complete in box. Unfortunately, they were over $100 each and I wasn't about to spend upwards of $350.

DrFish62

I'd pay 100 for all 3 complete in box..... but odyssey is the only expencive thing there

DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DrFish62

I'd pay 100 for all 3 complete in box..... but odyssey is the only expencive thing therewaflerevolution

Let me rephrase: I would have paid for all three, if I had happened to have $400 cash on me at the time.

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 propyro

[QUOTE="propyro"]F-22 interceptor for Genisiswaflerevolution

I got F-22 intercepter from VGLQ brand new for 45 cents

Yea, and thats about all the game is worth. Now i need to find a way to ditch that peice of trash.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 waflerevolution
LOL dude..... I enjoyed it. I just go to VGLQ alot and wait for his prices to go below 1.00 and buy everything
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 propyro
Meh, i can't relaly enjoy it ... 16-bit combat flight sim. Sure, it's impressive for it's day. But i dont' even think i'd have been able to enjoy it while it was new either. Not my kind of game, i was really hoping for a side scrolling shooter (ie 1943), but i don't think EA did any of those ... unless you count the Dessert Strike series ... which i actually like.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 waflerevolution
dude, get an atari XE and play "flight simulator" and see what an 8 bit flight sim can do