The Official New Aquisitions Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

User Lists: 0

#101 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
I can't believe you found a US version of BBO&N I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't released in the US, I live in gamestores and have never heard of it comming or going and I've never seen hide nor hair of it either..... show me proof!
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#102 DrFish62
Member since 2003 • 4973 Posts

I can't believe you found a US version of BBO&N I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't released in the US, I live in gamestores and have never heard of it comming or going and I've never seen hide nor hair of it either..... show me proof!
waflerevolution

I'll take a picture of it tomorrow after work and post it. It was barely released. Kept getting delayed, and then the Gamestop near me got one single copy. I definitely have it, but the box came kinda squished. I was happy just to have found it, so I bought it damaged. But there are a number of new copies available in my area now for $19.99. If you really want a copy, I'm willing to pick one up for you and arrange to mail it.

In other news, I randomly found a copy of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night at my EB for $24.99. It was slightly damaged but, again, I was happy just to have found a copy so I bought it. I also picked up Lament of Innocence for $19.99.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 waflerevolution

fish, I checked around, it did release under the radar. I apologise for dobting you however I can't find a new one only a kajillion used ones........ so if you could tell me a Gamestop (by store #) that has a new or complete one I could call them and have them ship it to my store.

also, is anyone able to make new topics in here?

if so, please repost the following in this board, me and pyro can't.....

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=23877794

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 propyro
Member since 2005 • 6736 Posts
It may have been something stuipd tha tonly lasted a while because i just posted your thread this morning. HoD isn't exactally crap, it's fairly easy, but i wouldn't call it crap. It's the lesser of the three GBA castlevania's in my eyes. ANd $25 for SotN is a pretty good price, it's what i paid for a non greatest hits version of that game. Got two nice surprises from the mail man and Purolotor. The mail man brought me my Iridion 2 for GBA, and the Purolator guy brought me Radient Silvergun, I really have to thank the guy I bought it from because he marked the package as a gift, thus saving me from $50-70 of import charges.
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 DrFish62

fish, I checked around, it did release under the radar. I apologise for dobting you however I can't find a new one only a kajillion used ones........ so if you could tell me a Gamestop (by store #) that has a new or complete one I could call them and have them ship it to my store.

waflerevolution

I'll definitely look around for you and let you know. It may take a little bit though.

In related news, I won't be around the forums as much as usual this week. I became an uncle this afternoon, and things are pretty busy around here. I'll be sure to check in though. Have a good week guys.

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 propyro
AH, congradulations with becomming an uncle, hope your neice/nephew isn't a pain in the ass when s/he get's older.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 waflerevolution
I saw that on his away msg. I have neen an uncle 6 times....... it's not that great... 3 are old enough to like games and they do, so my place is fun for them.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 propyro
Picked up Call of Cthulhu for Xbox and a PSP. I must say i'm pretty impressed with teh hardware, even if most of it's software is aimed at sucking off casual gamers. Atleast i grabbed darkstalkers before it dissapeared from teh shelves. Kinda sad that most of my good games are going to be imports.
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DrFish62

Just got GTA: LCS for the PSP. I liked the console versions, but I could never finish them. I lost interest. But I think the portability will make it much easier for me to finish. I also got Psychonauts new for $30, which isn't bad I guess.

After work today I'll be picking up my copies of DDR: Mario Mix and Metroid Pinball for the DS.

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

Bought a NeoGeo and Samurai Spirits, all MIB last night from an ebay auction.  $277 all told with shipping.  Can't wait to start playing Sengoku again.  I Got sniped for a second auction, though.  DrFish, nice find with the $30 Psychonauts, I've been meaning to snatch that one.

DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 DrFish62

DrFish, nice find with the $30 Psychonauts, I've been meaning to snatch that one.gmsnpr

I got it at EB Games. They're having a sale this week. It's in their flier. $30 for Psychonauts, new. I'm sure you can get it at any EB for the same price.

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 propyro

Bought a NeoGeo and Samurai Spirits, all MIB last night from an ebay auction. $277 all told with shipping. Can't wait to start playing Sengoku again. I Got sniped for a second auction, though. gmsnpr

277 mint in box for an AES and Samurai Spirits? Veruy nice, what did you get sniped on? So far today i got my Limited Edition copy of Border Down for Dreamcast shipped to me. Either today, or tommorow i'm expecting an EMS shipment to come in with a japanese copy of Sengoku Blade and Gunbird for Saturn. Something about Psykyo shooters just gets me.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#113 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
I bought GTA: LCS, its fun so far. Multiplayer is great.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 gmsnpr

277 mint in box for an AES and Samurai Spirits? Veruy nice, what did you get sniped on? ... Something about Psykyo shooters just gets me.propyro

I got sniped on a complete copy of Faria, though maybe sniped is too strong a word (though I used it first).  It was more like, I was winning with 30 minutes left and got involved in something.  35 minutes later, I checked on the auction and noticed that I'd lost.

Psikyo is one of my favorite shooter developers, too.  Strikers 1945 is a great game, and they've developed other strong titles.

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 propyro
you like Strikers 1945 eh?. Play-asia.com so far has been one of my favorite importers, you might find this game cheaper online, but this is about as good as it'll get price wise.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 gmsnpr
you like Strikers 1945 eh?. Play-asia.com so far has been one of my favorite importers, you might find this game cheaper online, but this is about as good as it'll get price wise.propyro

Thanks for the heads-up.  I've got the Agetec-published PS1 version, but not volume 2, I might have to get that.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 waflerevolution

I just "blogged" my newest buys, I'm only doing it once a week from now on.

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 propyro
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]
you like Strikers 1945 eh?. Play-asia.com so far has been one of my favorite importers, you might find this game cheaper online, but this is about as good as it'll get price wise.propyro

Thanks for the heads-up. I've got the Agetec-published PS1 version, but not volume 2, I might have to get that.

If you look aorund, they actually have three volumes of their shooter collection. One with strikers 1945 1 and 2. ANother one with Sengoku Ace and Sengoku blade on it, and the last one so far has Sol DIvide and Dragon BLaze. Eventually i'll get my hands on all three volumes, i presume there will be more comming out as well.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 propyro
Bought GITS:SAC for PSP yesterday, so far it's not shaping up to be a very good game. ANd i preordered Castlevania: CoD for PS2 and Xbox as well. I hope we get that soundtrack here in canada.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 waflerevolution
man, don't tell me gitsSTC is not good, the PS2 one was bad enough...it can't be worse...... or not worse then the PS1 game where you only use tachcomas
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 propyro
Well the long CG cutscenes aren't too painful, but there's huge loading times between cutscenes, breifings, and actually getting to play the game. Unfortunatly story is kind of a big thing so you don't really want to skip the cut scenes on your first play though the game. The controlls feel somewhat akward. You move with the analog stick (which i didnt' even know existed), and use the face buttons as a second analog stick to aim. while you jump and shoot with the triggers. Saddly they managed to screw up the major's body. When you see her walking in cut scenes her legs look like scrawny chicken legs and she dosn't look very good at all. I still have to actually try to get used to the game though, for all i know it might playout a lot better once i guet used to the controlls.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 waflerevolution
dude, that sounds like an N64 shooter.....
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 propyro
It looks like one too ... well like a really high polygon count one. Mail man and the UPS guy paid me a visit today. The UPS guy brought me my Play-Asia.com shipment which contained: - Mushihimesama OST with Figure - Sengoku Cannon: Sengoku Ace Episode III - Saikyo Shooting Collection Vol.2: Sengoku Ace and Sengoku Blade Then the mail man came by and brought me my copies of Gunbird and Sengoku Ace Episode 2 for Saturn. Of all these games, the only one's i could add to my gamespot profile were Gunbird, and Sengoku Ace Ep 3. Thanks for having less than lackluster coverage of import games Gamespot. At least my IGN profile can add them.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 gmsnpr
  I got my NeoGeo from the Post Office today over lunch.  It smells a little smoky, but works like a champ.  After a little cleaning TLC, I imagine it won't smell too bad at all.  The controller's is still surprisingly crisp, but then, they were built to last. 
  Though I didn't realize it until playing the AES version today, the 3DO version of Samurai Shodown is actually a really solid port of the original.  That game might give you more reason to like your 3DO, Pyro; I don't think it's a very expensive game.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 waflerevolution
I bloged another purchase week, I won't be getting anything else for a few weeks, too low on cash.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 propyro
[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]Though I didn't realize it until playing the AES version today, the 3DO version of Samurai Shodown is actually a really solid port of the original. That game might give you more reason to like your 3DO, Pyro; I don't think it's a very expensive game.

I never said i didn't like my 3DO, i just wasn't too pleased with who made it. Samurai Shodown is one of those games that i'd probalby grab in a heart beat if i saw it for 3DO, i know i snapped up the genisis version of it quite quickly. Yesterday i whored myself out to the latest extension of the castlevania franchise. I grabbed Curse of Darkness for both PS2 and Xbox.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 gmsnpr
Well, I guess this fits with the New Purchases thread. I recently bought (delivered on the 6th) the best TV (IMO) that Sony currently sells, a KD-36XS955 (36" 4:3 tube HDTV with 7 video inputs including an HDMI port and 2 component ins with a built-in hi-def tuner and CableCARD slot). Some of you may remember my old TV from my setup photos, it was a 27" Sanyo curved screen model. The Sanyo was a pretty good TV for it's time with PIP and an S-video input, but it was starting to show its age. I am pretty happy with the new TV and games are big and beautiful on it. I'll take some new photos and post them the next time I buy film (yes, I only have a film camera). I have rearranged my setup a great deal since the last photos were taken. I have put roughly 40% of my collection in storage to save space and what remains looks a lot better. When my wife and I move, I'll reassemble the whole thing, but right now, space is limited.

I also found a copy of Musashi Samurai Legend last night for $14.99.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 propyro
Very cool. Big TV's are great. I remember when i had a 20" akai flat screen. Man it was hard to see anything sittin gaway from that TV.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#129 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
Yeah I'm getting a new TV once I get a job in Feb.

I'll probally get this one:

Here
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 waflerevolution
I wish I couuld get better TVs but they don't make em like they used to, my TV from 1987 is stacked against any tv in any local store. 3 AV inputs, 2 AV outputs, 3 different set ups for surround sound, UHF & cable input it's a beautiful thing. you are lucky to get 2 AV inputs now or even a pre set up surround sound system
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 propyro
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"] Yeah I'm getting a new TV once I get a job in Feb.

I'll probally get this one:

Here

you're giving me ideas ... horribly expensive ideas i love them. In other news, i just got a a brand new first party Saturn joystick, and 4 Saturn controler extension cables for $0.02 ... and $23 shipping off ebay. I also got a copy of Castle Shikigami 2 for PS2, still not sure if i want to grab it for dremacast as well. I probably will if i can pull the money out of my ass.
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 DrFish62

I took a trip down to Cincinnati w/my girlfriend this weekend to visit her sister at college. I picked up Donkey Kong Country 3 on the GBA, which I'm excited about because it was the only one in the series I never got a chance to play on the SNES.

I also picked up these Atari Asteroids and Breakout watches from Fossil outlet stores. The Asteroids watch originally sold for $125, but I got it for $50, which I was pretty proud of. They're both limited editions and come in commemorative tins. You can't actually play the games, they just kinda go on in the background. But they're still pretty damn nifty.

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#133 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts
well i picked up a sega cd/genesis today, i got sonic cd, final fight and ground zero: texas:P  YAY FOR OLD SOMEWHAT CRAPPY SYSTEMS!
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 waflerevolution
I just grabbed a few ebay auctions, I'll post in blog sometime during the week.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 gmsnpr
Last night I picked up Driven on GC, mint for $8; Rainbow Islands on NES, mint cart for $4; and a mint copy of Castlevania III on NES for $4 to replace my label-damaged one.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 waflerevolution
how is driven, I've been contemplating buying that just based off rarity..... and good NES finds there
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 DrFish62
I just came from Best Buy and EB Games. Got Viewtiful Joe and Mario Kart DS. Gonna be a long night of racing for me.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 gmsnpr
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]how is driven, I've been contemplating buying that just based off rarity..... and good NES finds there

Thanks.  I haven't tried this version of Driven yet.  The PS2 version that I used to have wasn't great, but the GC version always gets rated higher, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I'll let you know my impressions if I manage to play it for any length of time.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 waflerevolution
the ps2 version is more rare, I wish I could find that one, I used to just hide it at work but it got baoght anyway, everywhere around here has the GCN version, I think its the cel shaded stalone that killed it's populaity.... that and no one knows the movie exists.....
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 propyro
Driven? I think we ahve the PS2 version where i work. We were doing this promotion where if you trade in a POX title for credit that you're going to put towards a new system (read: Xbox 360), we add $10 to the trade in value of that game. So in the last month we ended up with more old PS2 and Xbox games than we know what to do with. Saddly very few of those games didn't come off as not sucking hard.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 waflerevolution
just getting done with work (and I have opening shift tomorrow) we got "gitarooman" and "rhapsody a musical adventure" in 1 day! I'm buying them this week at payday!
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 waflerevolution
I just bloged a buy!
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 propyro
Got 4 games yesterday. 2 imports and two domestic GBA's. I got Sol DIvide/Dragon Blaze and Psyvaviar FInal: Complete for PS2 in the mail, and at work i picked up Gunstar Super Heros and Megaman Zero 4.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 gmsnpr

After a brief TV-buying-related game-buying hiatus, I had a pretty good weekend.  Here's what I got:

1. Armored Core 2, MIB, PS2, $5

2. Armored Core Nexus, Mint, PS2, $10

3. Eternal Darkness, new, sealed, GC, $9.99 (though I've already got an open copy).

4. Knight's Apprentice, mint, X-Box, $7

5. Run Like Hell, mint with soundtrack CD, X-box, $5

6. Pro Cast Sports Fishing, mint, X-Box, $6

7. Silent Scope Complete, mint, X-box, $10

8. Virtua Quest, new, sealed, GC, $4.99

9. Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner, mint, PS2, $10

10. Gamecube component video cables, used, $29.95 (they're currently back-ordered at Nintendo, B.T.W.)

11. PS2 controller extension cable, new, $4.99

12. Monster Game S-Video/RCA audio Gamecube cables, free (Thanks, Sam!)

13. strategy guide to Syphon Filter, free (Thanks, Randy!)

I also bought the complete series of Cleopatra 2525 on DVD, as I'm a Gina Torres fan.  Wow.  It just may be the finest piece of cinema put to disk.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 waflerevolution
I'd complement you but thanks to "Cleopatra 2525", "Jack of All Trades" got canned. are most of the episodes 30 min then all of a sudden become 60? (or was it 15 then 30?) either way, it used to be on the same block then cleo took the whole thing, Jack of all trades was much better IMO (I'm a little biast because it had bruse campbellas the main character) but seriouly I used to like them both mucho much but after that.......:(

well anyway good buys for cheap.....:roll:
DrFish62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 DrFish62

3. Eternal Darkness, new, sealed, GC, $9.99 (though I've already got an open copy).gmsnpr

I've been looking for a new copy. I lent mine to a friend a few years ago and I don't think I'll ever see it again.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]3. Eternal Darkness, new, sealed, GC, $9.99 (though I've already got an open copy).DrFish62

I've been looking for a new copy. I lent mine to a friend a few years ago and I don't think I'll ever see it again.

I'm starting to feel that way about my SSBM, Beyblade STB and Digimon Racing....
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 propyro

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"]3. Eternal Darkness, new, sealed, GC, $9.99 (though I've already got an open copy).DrFish62

Happened to me with SYmphony of the night. Lent it to a friend, who lent it to a friend, and the second guy disspaeared. THis was before either of us knoew how hard it was to find that game in a store. Why dose it feel like i already posted this today?
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 propyro
"Love HIna - Smile Again" just came in the mail today. http://www.estarland.com/product17349.html Thats what the thign looks like ... this box is huge, i can easily fit my head in it and they gave me a lot of cool stuff. I hav no idea what i'll do with a bath bowl ... but i have one anyways.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 waflerevolution
wow, you hentai guy you