Where are the ratings?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

N1njaSol1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By N1njaSol1d
Member since 2010 • 146 Posts

I used gamespot to keep track of what games I've beat as I went through them rather quickly, now I cant see any of my ratings. Was this feature taken out?

Avatar image for deactivated-639e8b549249b
deactivated-639e8b549249b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 192

#2  Edited By deactivated-639e8b549249b
Member since 2010 • 179 Posts

It looks they're gone. I had a list of like 200 games I've rated. This is the only place I kept a comprehensive list of the games I've completed. So frustrating. It can't be a hugely difficult task to display a list of the games you've ranked. At least offer users to create a 'stack' that keeps track of the games you've rated if not a regular list. I hope this issue gets some kind of acknowledgement. It seems like a pretty standard feature across all sites that keep a database of media (imdb, goodreads, etc) to be able to keep track of things you've rated.

N1njaSol1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 N1njaSol1d

@supermajic: Indeed, gamespot was the only place where I kept a list of all the games I've beaten, now that the rating list is gone I've lost alot of games that I will never remember. I hope they bring the rating list back.

high344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 high344
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts

I have to jump on the bandwagon too... This needs to be sorted asap.

daxlks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By daxlks
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts

Some of my ratings have remained but they are only seen on the game's page and the 0.5 scores were converted to .0. However, the rest of my scores are gone which is irritating because I too used the ratings to track all the games I've finished. I hope they're not permanently gone.

fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 160

#6 fazio93
Member since 2005 • 2940 Posts

yea, they ditched ratings. i used them to track all the games i've beaten as well.

luckily, i also kept those games in my "games owned" list which was converted to one of the new stacks. still, old system of organizing and tracking games was a lot better.

woodyfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#7 woodyfr
Member since 2010 • 288 Posts

Same for me !

Please GameSpot bring this back !

gMcR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gMcR
Member since 2004 • 216 Posts

Same here. This is the only place I kept all my ratings. Is there anyway to get our ratings back? I just want to save them in a text document or something.

isshiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#9  Edited By isshiah
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts

It didn't even cross my mind as I didn't see a need to remove them. Knowing why they have done so would be better than nothing.

scorchingitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 scorchingitup
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

Beyond annoying, the rating system was one of my favorite things on gamespot. God dammit

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Yeah...i did a thread about this too.

I like the new site, but some things i loved seem to have disappeared. Where are my ratings???

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Yeah, they definitely need to bring back the ratings. GameSpot should've warned us if this was being removed so we can save them somewhere else. I'm going to be pissed if my ratings are gone for good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-639e8b549249b

I've also noticed an awkward merge of "reviews" with game scores.

Firstly, I rated Super Mario Bros. 2 for NES. My profile says I 'reviewed' it. I'd say a distinction is needed.

Secondly, I rated Frog Fractions and am the only person to do so. The page now says "See all 1 Player Reviews". Of course I am led to a page stating "We have no reviews for Frog Fractions yet."

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#14  Edited By beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts

You have got to be kidding me. I was pissed off enough when one of my stacks wasn't my "tracked games" list. Now they are buried and difficult to manage in the lame "following" section, which groups people as well. But not having the games I've played, AND rated available somewhere is a huge oversight. GS is the ONLY place that I kept a list of games that I had played, and rated. What gives? I see that I have a stack of "games played." Why the crap is it empty? Wouldn't it make sense to you, GS, that a game I've RATED IS A GAME I'VE PLAYED?! I had well over a hundred games rated. I can't be expected to remember each and every game that I had posted there AND my rating. Get your stuff together GS.

N1njaSol1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 N1njaSol1d

@beutlich99: My thoughts exactly beutlich99, it only makes logical sense to have games rated be carried over into one of your stacks. I cant remember half of the games I've rated and only rated once I've completed the game. I hope GS can somehow merge the ratings from the old system into one of the new stacks. I honestly don't see it happening anytime soon, maybe sometime in the future, I was a hardcore gamespot user and only used gamespot, but until they have fixed this issue, I've taken to other gaming info sites, starting from scratch.

antigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#16  Edited By antigin
Member since 2005 • 93 Posts

dmn, I had a list with hundreds rated games. Gamespot ruined the best feature.

Lordrazmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By Lordrazmon
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

Yea this is such an idiotic move! Why would you take one of the best features away??? Can a admin or somthing please answer this???

sonicphoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#18  Edited By sonicphoto
Member since 2003 • 156 Posts

Yeah! This was the main reason I always went to Gamespot, to keep track of my scores of all the games I have played. Please fix this.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#19 rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

Your ratings should have come over. There was a problem in general with ratings that should now be less of a problem if not fixed. Check again. Report back here to let me know if your ratings didn't make it. You should at least be able to rate games here now.

rockyterrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rockyterrain
Member since 2004 • 509 Posts

@edgework:

Where would we even find the ratings if they came over? I see nothing in my profile that has the hundreds of ratings I've given over the years. As others have mentioned, this was one of the best features of this site, along with an orderly list of all my games, which is gone, too. Now I have a jumble of "stacks" that have no order whatsoever.

Lordrazmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lordrazmon

@edgework: Why isn't this issue being properly answered? Clearly a lot of user is missing this feature. This was the only place where I could see every single game I've played and what score I gave them. Hundreds of ratings that not only exist if you search for that specific game and go there.
PLEASE bring back the complete overview list!!

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rick

Is this http://www.gamespot.com/profile/reviews/ not what you're looking for?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-639e8b549249b

@edgework: nope. That only shows the 33 games I have reviewed i.e. Written a few paragraphs about it with a score attached. For the other 150 games or so I've given a score to but have not written about, there is no record of them on my profile.

Perth2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#24 Perth2008
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

@supermajic said:

@edgework: nope. That only shows the 33 games I have reviewed i.e. Written a few paragraphs about it with a score attached. For the other 150 games or so I've given a score to but have not written about, there is no record of them on my profile.

Exactly my experience ... games I have reviewed show up with scores on the games page but not those without review. Previously it was easy to use either the owned games list (with scores) or easily access the scores provided for your games on your profile page.

Hopefully this will be re-instated for all of us who have made GameSpot our gaming home and recording/tracking system.

fursecu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#25  Edited By fursecu
Member since 2007 • 254 Posts

please fix this ASAP, you really ruined my gamer-life, and others, and i felt like i wanna delete my account and seriously find another hobby because of this s.hit...we need back our rated games, at least revert @ old site for a day, so we can save our ratings..you must have a back-up copy. please somebody from gamespot reply to us..at least be honest and tell us if you still have our ratings, or we can get the hell outta here!

dcox8810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: -1

#26  Edited By dcox8810
Member since 2013 • 47 Posts

+1 Please bring back these features!

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rick

Ok. Your ratings are in the system. But games that you only rated and not reviewed are not always going to show up. We know about that and are working on it.

Derek3143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28 Derek3143
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

# This might be somewhat unrelated, but has anyone else noticed and been really bothered by the fact that they've changed the user review averages to aggregate scores across multiple versions? So, for example, if 500 people give a PS3 game a 9.2, and 500 people give the PSP version of the same game a 7.2, all you can see under the user reviews is 1000 people giving the game an 8.2 review.

This really sucks for deciding which older games to play, as there's often no Gamespot review. If I see a game that came out on XBOX, DC, and PC and gets an 8.1 user review average, there's no way to tell if that's really the average across all versions of the game or if the XBOX version was rated a 9 on average, but the crappy ports brought the average score down.

I just don't understand why Gamespot did this. It really renders User Reviews pretty meaningless for any multi-platform game.

Perth2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#29  Edited By Perth2008
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

@derek3143: Agreed. If true then this is indeed a bad thing as there can be wide margins between the rating of a game on the different platforms.

Games designed initially for console and then ported to PC often have issues, whether it's the keyboard configuration or what is provided in the base game, among other aspects. Two examples Scarface: The World is Yours is a great game, but the PC controls are unchangeable/awkward and hence not ideal whereas on PS2 its more logical, Nightfire on PS2 had car driving/chase missions but not on PC ... COD World at War on PC has all three zombie missions out of the box the PS3 version only one is included and the others are $DLCs.

So, if for no other reason than the content of a particular title is not constant across all platforms, I think average ratings should be on a platform by platform basis basis as before.

ooshellshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By ooshellshock
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts

Just want to add another voice to the dismay of being unable to pull up the list of previously rated games. It is the #1 feature on Gamespot & the only reason I migrated all of my content & attention here & abandoned IGN when they eliminated their rating list features. PLEASE... someone from the staff needs to address this in more detail with us than the previous "We're working on it". I understand glitches & bugs... but I think we would all like to know if the ability to pull up a list of rated games will be a feature we can count on returning in the near future. Personally, I have over 10 years of information stored with this site... and if it was eliminated without giving me any opportunity to pull the information out into an excel file or whatever... I'd like to know that now.

Soul_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Soul_666
Member since 2004 • 344 Posts

Yep! I second the sentiment in this thread. One of the best features nowhere to be found right now. Try to bring it back, if at all possible.

MATI9630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 290

#32  Edited By MATI9630
Member since 2009 • 145 Posts

@edgework said:

Ok. Your ratings are in the system. But games that you only rated and not reviewed are not always going to show up. We know about that and are working on it.

About f'ing time.

And what about 'hey, guys, your X.5 ratings will be saved'?

fursecu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fursecu
Member since 2007 • 254 Posts

man, on imdb with just two clicks you can save your whole rated movies list in excel file (.xls) with all details, they can give you their script

SoraKH2_Mau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 SoraKH2_Mau
Member since 2012 • 40 Posts

@derek3143 said:

# This might be somewhat unrelated, but has anyone else noticed and been really bothered by the fact that they've changed the user review averages to aggregate scores across multiple versions? So, for example, if 500 people give a PS3 game a 9.2, and 500 people give the PSP version of the same game a 7.2, all you can see under the user reviews is 1000 people giving the game an 8.2 review.

This really sucks for deciding which older games to play, as there's often no Gamespot review. If I see a game that came out on XBOX, DC, and PC and gets an 8.1 user review average, there's no way to tell if that's really the average across all versions of the game or if the XBOX version was rated a 9 on average, but the crappy ports brought the average score down.

I just don't understand why Gamespot did this. It really renders User Reviews pretty meaningless for any multi-platform game.

I highly agree with this, please Gamespot change it like it was before (user ratings on a platform by platform basis)

Cartr1dgeBased

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#35  Edited By Cartr1dgeBased
Member since 2010 • 490 Posts

sonicphoto said:

Yeah! This was the main reason I always went to Gamespot, to keep track of my scores of all the games I have played. Please fix this.

same here. this is the only reason i come to this site. to keep track and rate all the games i've played and rating about 300-500 of them. if this is never fixed i'll have no use for this site. i've gone to a few games i've rated and the rating is still saved so that's somewhat relieving.

it seems you intend to correct this. it would also be nice if i could view my ratings by console and genre as such classifications could be useful to those of us with a substantial amount of ratings and looking to scratch a particular itch.

also if a revert is necessary for us to get our ratings list back so i can transfer it elsewhere that would be fine too.

don't care about my rank, points, emblems, just my rating list

on the side note: i also agree user ratings should only reflect the platform they were rated for and not aggregated to one user rating to represent all the platforms that a game may have appeared on...

KyoHazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#36  Edited By KyoHazuki
Member since 2012 • 72 Posts

bring back these most important feature!

snow_blind77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By snow_blind77
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

+1

Either bring this back or it's start from scratch again on some other site for me.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38  Edited By PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

This feature needs to return. User scores become virtually pointless without it.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#39  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

I agree

I had like 250+ games rated :(

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rick

@MATI9630 said:

And what about 'hey, guys, your X.5 ratings will be saved'?

^^ that

thorn3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 378

#41 thorn3000
Member since 2008 • 334 Posts

I must join you guys that I am quite unhappy about the removal of this function. Luckily like 2 days or so before the conversion I had a freaking revelation - "What if they mess it up and my ratings disappear?" - and so I copied the whole list to a text file on my desktop. Good save! However still:

A. Its utterly difficult now to keep track of new games I rate

B. Some of the older ratings disappeared and it's helluva job to go through 500 games to see which have lost the rating (tried now 7 by chance and 1 of them lost the rating)

C. Since they removed 0.5 I have to rethink rating for 250 games which is another chore

Sorry, but isn't this website suppose to be primarily about A. reviewing and rating games and B. about gaming news? Because what you GS have done to this website is similiar to what Microsoft has done to the Xbox, instead of a gaming console they are presenting an all around entertaining system!

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By rick

We're working on this right now. I swear to Spaghetti Monster. No reviews or ratings were lost. All .5 ratings are there. The update should go live next week.

WayotWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 174

User Lists: 5

#43 WayotWolf
Member since 2013 • 143 Posts

Would also like this feature back.

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 beutlich99

@edgework: Okay, but what exactly does that mean? Will I suddenly have a "stack" called "my rated games" or something like that? It needs to be in ONE single location for quick viewing access at the very least. It would be nice to be able to organize it by date/score/platform/etc. but that's secondary to having ALL of my ratings in one place.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rick

@beutlich99 said:

@edgework: Okay, but what exactly does that mean? Will I suddenly have a "stack" called "my rated games" or something like that? It needs to be in ONE single location for quick viewing access at the very least. It would be nice to be able to organize it by date/score/platform/etc. but that's secondary to having ALL of my ratings in one place.

We're revamping the 'Stacks' page(s) so that all your ratings are available, sortable and filterable by platform, game, rating etc. Also your ratings will show up properly in all pages where the given game is featured. When that goes live give it a go and tell us what you think.

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 beutlich99

@edgework said:

@beutlich99 said:

We're revamping the 'Stacks' page(s) so that all your ratings are available, sortable and filterable by platform, game, rating etc. Also your ratings will show up properly in all pages where the given game is featured. When that goes live give it a go and tell us what you think.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for listening to the user feedback and implementing a fix. I appreciate the specifics of your post, and I am looking forward to having my ratings back and in one filterable location. I hope that it works and that it's what a lot of GS users are asking for.

duffarama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By duffarama
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
@beutlich99 said:

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for listening to the user feedback and implementing a fix. I appreciate the specifics of your post, and I am looking forward to having my ratings back and in one filterable location. I hope that it works and that it's what a lot of GS users are asking for.

I second this. Thanks edgework!

Lordrazmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lordrazmon
@edgework said:

@beutlich99 said:

Awesome news! This is great user feedback. Looking forward do see it back again!

gMcR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gMcR
Member since 2004 • 216 Posts

@edgework said:

@beutlich99 said:

Great news! Looking forward to it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-639e8b549249b

@edgework said:

@beutlich99 said:

thank you for listening!!