Where are the ratings?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rockyterrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 rockyterrain
Member since 2004 • 509 Posts

@edgework:

Agreed with the others; this is great news and looking forward to it!

dcox8810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: -1

#52 dcox8810
Member since 2013 • 47 Posts

@edgework: Awesome!! Thanks!

thorn3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 378

#53 thorn3000
Member since 2008 • 334 Posts

@edgework: Hey, this sounds like great news!!! Looking forward to the list returning, any filters by genre, etc. would be a great bonus, but main thing is, if the list itself returns it's already a win. Thanks!

A minor question though, you said all our .5 ratings are there. Does that mean the .5 will be returning permanently, e.g. we will be rate games currently using .5, OR it just means that such ratings are not lost, are kept and will be converted to .0, however we will not be able to rate using ,5?

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

User Lists: 8

#54 anarayan
Member since 2004 • 351 Posts

@thorn3000 said:

@edgework: Hey, this sounds like great news!!! Looking forward to the list returning, any filters by genre, etc. would be a great bonus, but main thing is, if the list itself returns it's already a win. Thanks!

A minor question though, you said all our .5 ratings are there. Does that mean the .5 will be returning permanently, e.g. we will be rate games currently using .5, OR it just means that such ratings are not lost, are kept and will be converted to .0, however we will not be able to rate using ,5?

I believe it's the bolded two.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@thorn3000 said:

The ratings will not be lost. They're probably going to end up being rounded up for display though since the current system doesn't include half points.

zarades2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#56 zarades2008
Member since 2009 • 44 Posts

Same for me. This was the only place I kept all my ratings. Is there anyway to get my ratings back?

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rick

@duffarama
said:
@beutlich99 said:

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for listening to the user feedback and implementing a fix. I appreciate the specifics of your post, and I am looking forward to having my ratings back and in one filterable location. I hope that it works and that it's what a lot of GS users are asking for.

I second this. Thanks edgework!

I'm not the only one working on this. @Puppies4Life is doing a lot of work on this too...

thorn3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 378

#58 thorn3000
Member since 2008 • 334 Posts

too bad about the 0.5 ratings, personally I hate when things get oversimplified, soon enough we will only have 1 to 5 or even just a paprika or a tomato...however what's done is done, I need to take some afternoon off to rethink the ratings and decide on whether to upscore stuff or downscore in a few hundreds of cases, but well, you can't have everything and frankly a lot of users did not give a damn anyway and were scoring everything just 10 or 1 anyway...

royzentner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#59  Edited By royzentner
Member since 2003 • 27 Posts

@edgework said:

@beutlich99 said:

@edgework: Okay, but what exactly does that mean? Will I suddenly have a "stack" called "my rated games" or something like that? It needs to be in ONE single location for quick viewing access at the very least. It would be nice to be able to organize it by date/score/platform/etc. but that's secondary to having ALL of my ratings in one place.

We're revamping the 'Stacks' page(s) so that all your ratings are available, sortable and filterable by platform, game, rating etc. Also your ratings will show up properly in all pages where the given game is featured. When that goes live give it a go and tell us what you think.

@edgework

: I would like to congratulate the entire GS team on your new website! As you may have seen since the new website came out, progress is only valued as long as the transition from old to new does not include loss of functionality or information. I am happy to see you are taking our comments seriously and are already working on a fix.

While you're fixing the ratings and the stacks, I suggest adding the feature of copying/moving items between stacks. As far as I can see, it's simply impossible right now. Also, please consider an option to duplicate a list and giving the new list a different name. In my profile, I need to copy all the "games I own" to the stack of "games I've finished" and remove all those titles I don't really own from the former (if I'm really going to manage games I own at all, that is, I haven't decided yet).

One more thing I've noticed: Removing a title from any stack that contained only that single title - results in an error.

Thanks again for all the great work!

ete-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#60 ete-san
Member since 2004 • 39 Posts

Yeah, what happened to the scores? So annoying to sort and find things from the past.

SoraKH2_Mau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#61  Edited By SoraKH2_Mau
Member since 2012 • 40 Posts

I scored GTA V but the game has the same number of user votes that it had before I scored it. Actually, its user score has had the same amount of votes since some weeks ago and I don't think nobody has scored the game since then.

SoraKH2_Mau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#62  Edited By SoraKH2_Mau
Member since 2012 • 40 Posts

Another odd thing I noticed is that Pokemon X also has the same number of user votes since the day of release (60 votes with a score of 9.1) and Batman: Arkham Origins has a user avg. of 8.2 but it says that it has 0 player scores.

TWayne1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63  Edited By TWayne1020
Member since 2005 • 104 Posts

@N1njaSol1d said:

I used gamespot to keep track of what games I've beat as I went through them rather quickly, now I cant see any of my ratings. Was this feature taken out?

I agree with everyone , the ratings were one of the BEST features on the site ???? I liked the old site !!!!

lazyhoboguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64 lazyhoboguy
Member since 2007 • 1692 Posts

Hey guys edgework (staff member) posted a sticky thread about how to bring back user ratings. He wants our feedback so please give it to him here: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/bug-reporting-feedback-1000006/missing-user-ratings-feedback-please-30887881/#0

Avatar image for deactivated-639e8b549249b
deactivated-639e8b549249b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 192

#65  Edited By deactivated-639e8b549249b
Member since 2010 • 179 Posts

@lazyhoboguy said:

Hey guys edgework (staff member) posted a sticky thread about how to bring back user ratings. He wants our feedback so please give it to him here: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/bug-reporting-feedback-1000006/missing-user-ratings-feedback-please-30887881/#0

thanks good to know

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

@edgework said:

@MATI9630 said:

And what about 'hey, guys, your X.5 ratings will be saved'?

^^ that

luckily, I've been rating my games by the 10 point scale for the past couple years (no game in my ratings list has a .5 rating).

I'm glad to see it is being fixed as I was also going to add that it was the main reason for me to continue coming back to gamespot. The only reason I even started posting on the forums is because I spent so much time organizing and rating games on here and comparing my ratings list to other people's.

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#67  Edited By beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts

@edgework Any date/time on that update? I'm getting to the point where I'm not even bothering checking with GS because so many of the features I use(d) are not here/working currently.

Adeel_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 Adeel_2008
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Gamespot used to be my favorite site but Since the update Ive not even bothered to open this website. Bring back the old site or provide the same features in the new one

Valkyrslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#69 Valkyrslayer
Member since 2013 • 62 Posts

@edgework: Thank you I realy missed the My Ratings Page. And I found stacks to be useless if the rating doesnt show up on it

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 rick

The ratings page will go live this week hopefully. At the very latest it will be live next week.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#71 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

Wonder how 0.1 difference ratings are going to be rounded if they are - I know quite a lot of my ratings were on a 0.1 difference scale because I made them before GS simplified to the 0.5 scale. Obviously I don't really want 9.3 ratings and the like to be displayed as 10...not that I make the effort to rate games to begin with much any more.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By rick

@robbristow said:

Wonder how 0.1 difference ratings are going to be rounded if they are - I know quite a lot of my ratings were on a 0.1 difference scale because I made them before GS simplified to the 0.5 scale. Obviously I don't really want 9.3 ratings and the like to be displayed as 10...not that I make the effort to rate games to begin with much any more.

We're keeping and displaying all point scores. Your 9.3 will remain 9.3

Valkyrslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Valkyrslayer

@edgework: looking forward to it thank you for the info

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 rick

@Valkyrslayer

@Valkyrslayer said:

@edgework: looking forward to it thank you for the info

Its available now, here

joewoodbury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75 joewoodbury
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Yet, you can't sort your list alphabetically. Seriously? How about tabular form instead of Kindergarten form?

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By rick

@joewoodbury said:

Yet, you can't sort your list alphabetically. Seriously? How about tabular form instead of Kindergarten form?

How about toning down the passive aggressiveness?

Valkyrslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Valkyrslayer

@edgework: Thank you for bringing back the Ratings page. If it is possible I would love to see an option to sort the ratings and stacks alphabetically.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 rick

@Valkyrslayer said:

@edgework: Thank you for bringing back the Ratings page. If it is possible I would love to see an option to sort the ratings and stacks alphabetically.

You'll be able to sort on that and more very soon.

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#79 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts

Nice. Thanks @edgework I'm glad that my ratings have survived and that I can access them.

Cartr1dgeBased

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#80 Cartr1dgeBased
Member since 2010 • 490 Posts

bump. just in case........

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 rick

Yeah, the work is done. We have to wait until after the PS4 launch because that's going to drive a lot of traffic and its not a good idea to push major changes live at a time when its crucial that the site stay up. I'm hoping we can go live with Reviews & Ratings 2.0 on Monday. I'm sure you guys will dig it...

smartintense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 smartintense
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I started rating like a maniac about a month ago and finished having rated about 60 games that I had played even back in 1993!! And after this emotional journey, every rating is gone.. The digital world , full of surprises....

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By rick

@smartintense said:

I started rating like a maniac about a month ago and finished having rated about 60 games that I had played even back in 1993!! And after this emotional journey, every rating is gone.. The digital world , full of surprises....

They're not gone. They're here.

Valkyrslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Valkyrslayer

Is it random what Platform the Game is rated for? I tried rating Crysis 3 but I always end up with it being rated as the 360 Version how to I get it to display as PC version?

KyoHazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#85 KyoHazuki
Member since 2012 • 72 Posts

Thanks for bringing back the ratings, but there are a few problems.

1. Rating a game on specific platform is now impossible. Everybody knows there are a minor or even a major differences between versions on various platforms. Ex. I've been trying to rate Resident Evil on GCN but my rating goes to all versions. I don't think the game boy color version is equal to the GCN version.

2. on old GS site I've rated many games only on 1 platform even it was a multi platform game. now it's totally randomly twisted. I've ratings on the platforms I've never played these games before. example from above. RE is scored on the PSX not GCN or any other platform.

please fix it if you can.

Thanks

Cartr1dgeBased

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Cartr1dgeBased

@edgework: your last post was over a month ago. whats going on?

Cartr1dgeBased

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Cartr1dgeBased

bump

@edgework said:

Yeah, the work is done. We have to wait until after the PS4 launch because that's going to drive a lot of traffic and its not a good idea to push major changes live at a time when its crucial that the site stay up. I'm hoping we can go live with Reviews & Ratings 2.0 on Monday. I'm sure you guys will dig it...

you guys missed your release date by well over a month.... so again.. what's going on? i just hovered over my name and it said i have 37 reviews though i've never done a written review. though have over 400 ratings. update maybe? your last post was nearly 2 months ago. how do i get my data regarding my game ratings back it's been down for months now.

also like many others have mentioned having games scores aggregated does not give an accurate reflection of the quality of the game as judged by your users (bayonetta any1? and thousands of others that got ports of one kind of another over the past 30 years of gaming)....

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By rick

@Cartr1dgeBased: Dude, I'm not your trained monkey. Ask nicely and I'll answer. Snap your fingers and I ignore you...

Cartr1dgeBased

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Cartr1dgeBased

@edgework: it what way was i treating you like a trained monkey? it's six weeks past when you said you were going live with the new ratings and haven't released any updates in this regard... and still haven't. all i did was ask questions not a finger was snapped. leave us in the dark w/e man.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By rick

The new ratings are live. Your ratings are all there. Look in the sort area and select ratings. Your count is off, yes but that's an issue with your account not with the system. We need to run a fixer for some accounts to update the counts at some point.

Cartr1dgeBased

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Cartr1dgeBased

@edgework: thanks. everything looks great. i suppose the aggregate rating is here to stay though? also, how do i ensure that i am rating for the correct platform. ys chronicles for example has it rated for the psp release and not the PC version that i played. when i click the little pc icon takes me to the pc homepage instead of the ys chronicles pc page. a number of other games are like that as well. do i have to write a review in order to indicate which platform i am playing.

thanks for your help mate

smartintense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 smartintense
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
@edgework said:

@smartintense said:

They're not gone. They're here.

Thank you very much, I haven't logged-in for some time, that's why me delayed response.Thanks again..