The CSRF token is invalid. Please try to resubmit the form.

• 116 results
elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

@wemmick: I haven't been getting any since last night, even when I have the page open with a post half-way done for extended periods of time. So far so good.

In fact, the change was so drastic that I came here to say something's changed. Crossing my fingers.

Thank you guys.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#102 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Figured I'd stop in here to say I experienced my first "CSRF token is invalid" error this morning on my Iphone 6 while browsing System Wars in Safari.

shalashaska_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 shalashaska_
Member since 2015 • 204 Posts

Got this when trying to like something

dugnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104  Edited By dugnik
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

New user here, can't post (except in here) or reply and getting these errors as well.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

Same problem here as well. This started happening today.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Just Happened again. In RED BOLD LETTERS :(

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Just happend to me too, only happens on my mobile though never on PC.

ConsoleHaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#108 ConsoleHaven
Member since 2014 • 1805 Posts

@rick: Nope.

the_hunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: -1

#109 the_hunger
Member since 2004 • 634 Posts

Got this problem today on laptop. Never seen it before in my many years of posting on Gamespot. Would seem that the Gamespot staff would want to address this if only to keep traffic from going to competing sites (of which there are many).

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10443 Posts

@the_hunger: how long had you left the page / tab open before you attempted to post out of curiosity? i find if i've left a tab open for a long time and come back to it and try and post then i get that error. a quick refresh of the page and re-attempt works fine

the_hunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: -1

#111 the_hunger
Member since 2004 • 634 Posts

@Macutchi: Thanks for your message. I was able to get my message posted by closing down my browser and relaunching the website.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10443 Posts

@the_hunger: good to hear although it's not an ideal solution! i assume it's some kind of security measure, a session based timer that gives you a finite time to post before expiring. but i'm only guessing

DAOWAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 DAOWAce
Member since 2003 • 800 Posts

4 years old and this issue still isn't fixed.

I still receive it practically every single time I submit a comment.. or try to. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and I just bail. Doesn't matter if it's a fresh reload of the page either.

Upvoting doesn't work most of the time either either.

calinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 calinks
Member since 2003 • 98 Posts

I'm having this problem. Don;t know why post work here.

mursexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 mursexxx
Member since 2008 • 214 Posts

Update: I continue to get this issue with Chrome and Firefox on my WIndows PC. However, I do not get this error using the MS Edge browser. Just FYI.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#116 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@mursexxx said:

Update: I continue to get this issue with Chrome and Firefox on my WIndows PC. However, I do not get this error using the MS Edge browser. Just FYI.

Yep, just started for me last night on Firefox now I have to use Edge yuck.

TeslaCoi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 TeslaCoi1
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

Gamespot, I subscribe to your email newsletter, and from those I click on the article headers in your emails to get redirected to the articles on your site, to read them. But every single time I do so, if I try to write a comment in the article, I invariably get the "The CSRF token is invalid. Please try to resubmit the form" error message. This happens in any browser I've tried, including Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge (have not tried Google Chrome or Opera etc, as I don't want to install multiple browsers that I don't use). So I always have to open a separate window, and then use Google to find the article (copy-pasting the article link never works, I still get the error message) and open it, before I can post. This is very annoying, and sometimes Google might not find the article so easily either. Can you please do something about this? I've endured it for a very long time, but it's really starting to wear me out...

definer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By definer0
Member since 2016 • 239 Posts

This happens every single time I want to post a comment and I would have to log out and in to fix it. Gamespot is the only website that I use that has this problem.

edit: not on the forums but on the articles

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

I get the same error when trying to post in an article! Could someone please fix it?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-big-twist-in-doki-doki-literature-club-plus-loses-its-impact-on-consoles/1100-6493405/

greenfish123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 greenfish123
Member since 2021 • 8 Posts

Still not fixed?

greenfish123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 greenfish123
Member since 2021 • 8 Posts

Also, its weird how my first message here does not ask my robot status. So are you always human when posting here but a possible robot when posting in other parts of Game Spot ?

Thanatos2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Thanatos2k
Member since 2004 • 17660 Posts

I think I've finally figured out this idiotic bug, and I've also figured out why Gamespot hasn't fixed it.

When you load an article, it loads up inside your browser as normal. If you read to the bottom of the article and scroll down, it automatically loads another article (bad website design). Gamespot does this to artificially inflate impressions to those articles to prop up their page/ad views to get more ad spend.

If you watch your url bar carefully, when you scroll down near the bottom of an article and it loads the next one, your URL will actually change to the link of the next loaded story, (also bad website design) such that if you refresh the page you actually get the SECOND story, with no link back to the original (VERY bad website design).

This can happen very, very easily if you click the "Show Comments" button near the top of the story, or click the Comments section button to expand the comments and you immediately start to scroll down before the comments pop out into their full size - the next story loads and your url changes.

I'm pretty sure every time I have gotten one of the CSRF errors, the URL has changed to the second story. When I return to the first story and refresh the page using the URL to the first story, then renavigate to comments and paste the comment ensuring the URL is that of the story I'm actually posting the comment on, it works.

If Gamespot prevented the second story from loading or your URL from changing, I'm guessing it would likely solve this bug. But that would devastate their falsely inflated page views, and they can't have that.