Bring back the "new posts in thread" indicators.

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Bump.

Any update on this? It is happening, yes?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

It looks like they will not ever be implemented. That should have been one of the first things coded into the forum software and yet, here we are, 2 months after the launch of the new site and they still are not implemented. Sad really.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MirkoS77

@WhiteKnight77 said:

It looks like they will not ever be implemented. That should have been one of the first things coded into the forum software and yet, here we are, 2 months after the launch of the new site and they still are not implemented. Sad really.

Yea I'm thinking the same.

GS is just letting this quietly fade away, hoping users will forget and move on, and they won't have to bother. Which seems to be working, but I'm not letting this drop. This is so stupid, it's a library with no bookmarks.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By MirkoS77

This was posted months ago by Dam:

"After speaking with one of the leads from the development team I have this to report:

It (a new posts in thread indicator) is a difficult feature, and we are still working on general site performance, but we will revisit this feature later".

As was this:

" Checking in with you guys. This is still an item that is in the road map of features to consider for V2 (see this weeks Bug and Feedback Report)."

It's now 2014, nothing has changed, or even shown the slightest indication that it's going to. How long do you guys need to work on this, or was all of these statements (including some from other staff in a few other threads) outright lies which then evolved into the silent treatment in the hopes that we'd forget?

The redesign happened in Oct or a bit before (IIRC)? Have you guys any idea how dead the forums have become because of this whole site "improvement"? Do you even care?

What is the reason that the user-friendliness took such a nose-dive off a cliff? Is it to make eradicating ol the continual old bugs easier, but at the expense of user-accessibility? I don't think I'd be nearly as pissed if staff or the designers flat out came here and were honest instead of attempting to lead us on with promises, which are now looking more and more by the day, to be nothing more than hot air and empty.

Mr_KMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 Mr_KMG
Member since 2003 • 2971 Posts

I don't expect it to ever be implemented.... As Giant Bomb still hasn't had any new features added to it's forums (and they been using the same site platform longer)

To be honest, I think the higher ups really don't see GameSpot as it's flagship brand for video games (GameFAQs and Giant Bomb seem to be the more important brands)

Avatar image for cynical_buzzard
Cynical_Buzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Cynical_Buzzard
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

I would love to see this happen, it is hard for me to keep up with what topics I have already posted in.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

This is the only feature I want back from the old site. It's the single biggest flaw and gripe I have with the new site

I used to love coming and seeing the threads I posted in, how many new posts since then and the ability to click on my post and scroll from there on. It made me post a lot more and made it far easier to keep track of my thread activity.

This feature would also bring more posts to each thread as people either forget they posted in certain threads and never go back or they're too lazy to check

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MirkoS77

Still not coming. I guess this is really hard to implement, or really easy to ignore. Simply ignoring it saves GS a lot of work on glitches at the expense of user-accessibility. I just wish they'd have the balls to come out and say "we're not going to be doing this to save our asses trouble at the expense of yours".

Man, when E3 comes around and people are having trouble staying on top of topics perhaps more people will start making their voices heard. But probably not, as these forums are dead comparatively to when they actually were NICE and easy to use.

Well done, GS. I'll look forward to your next brilliant redesign.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I actually like the new site to be honest, nearly as much as the old one, and It's most definitely growing on me. I think the biggest improvement they've done that I adore compared to the old site, is the feature that let's you know someone has responded to your post.

On the old site (especially on System Wars) when I posted in a thread and came back to it the next day, there could be about 100 new posts since mine, and boy was it a royal pain in the ass scrolling through all that just to see if someone actually has responded to my post. I'm the minority here but I like the new design, any improvements from now is a bonus.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

I actually like the new site to be honest, nearly as much as the old one, and It's most definitely growing on me. I think the biggest improvement they've done that I adore compared to the old site, is the feature that let's you know someone has responded to your post.

On the old site (especially on System Wars) when I posted in a thread and came back to it the next day, there could be about 100 new posts since mine, and boy was it a royal pain in the ass scrolling through all that just to see if someone actually has responded to my post. I'm the minority here but I like the new design, any improvements from now is a bonus.

I'd really rather have it as the old site had it...then have to go to two separate pages to see a response and then have to remember what thread that was. It basically sucks as is.

stylyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#62 stylyy
Member since 2013 • 143 Posts

@MirkoS77: maybe have a different tone next time. It's in our queue of bugs.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MirkoS77

@stylyy said:

@MirkoS77: maybe have a different tone next time. It's in our queue of bugs.

Tone of frustration. It's been months since the redesign, with no word, so I was under the assumption it was not in the works. Still have doubts. If it comes, wonderful. If not, I guess I'm used to it already.