avatars and signatures and default problem

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VEXX_Z3R0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 VEXX_Z3R0
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="VEXX_Z3R0"]The info on my signature has not updated for a long time...is this still lag issues with the server you think?gmax
In case it answers your question, the signature I see for you at the moment is a Fuse beta signature. If you're thinking there is a delay, it would probably help to be more specific; how long a time - minutes, hours, days? Even when signatures have worked "well" in the past a delay of a few minutes was about as quick as it ever got. Remember also to clear your browser cache if you're going to do any checking.

It has been about a week. I cleared my cache and it is still the same.
VEXX_Z3R0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 VEXX_Z3R0
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Right on. Thanks Garamoth.
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
Ah. If you mean the text and other stuff within the Fuse-generated signature image is old, that's almost certainly more of a Fuse issue than a pure signature issue per se. Sounds like Drac's workaround is good to know though.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts
Hmmm I think this is the proper place to post regarding my problem: I just tried to change my forum signature.... But I noticed that the WYSIWYG editor is not working/disabled? I've also tried to change by just entering html tags... but no luck... So what to do?
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 gmax  Moderator
This isn't actually the exact same issue this aging thread was about, but it's close enough. The main problem with changing anything on the forums settings page (signature, etc.) is that changes you make take eons to take effect. Very often, you'll make a change, and when you apply it the page will reload in whatever state everything used to be in. Even though a change may seem to disappear, the thing to do is to make the change one time and wait. I'd suggest waiting at least 10 or 20 minutes, clearing your browser cache, and then seeing what the forums setting page shows. If it still doesn't change wait 1 or 2 hours, clear your cache, and check again. If it still doesn't change, wait until the next day, and check again then. Just one change, then lots of waiting. The mechanism is just way too unresponsive. Users (rightfully) expect the changes to be immediate, and they're not. When they don't see the changes take effect, they often proceed to make several more changes on top of them. That may be making the situation much worse, especially if lots of users are doing it.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts
[QUOTE="gmax"]This isn't actually the exact same issue this aging thread was about, but it's close enough. The main problem with changing anything on the forums settings page (signature, etc.) is that changes you make take eons to take effect. Very often, you'll make a change, and when you apply it the page will reload in whatever state everything used to be in. Even though a change may seem to disappear, the thing to do is to make the change one time and wait. I'd suggest waiting at least 10 or 20 minutes, clearing your browser cache, and then seeing what the forums setting page shows. If it still doesn't change wait 1 or 2 hours, clear your cache, and check again. If it still doesn't change, wait until the next day, and check again then. Just one change, then lots of waiting. The mechanism is just way too unresponsive. Users (rightfully) expect the changes to be immediate, and they're not. When they don't see the changes take effect, they often proceed to make several more changes on top of them. That may be making the situation much worse, especially if lots of users are doing it.

I tried to do what you suggested: Clearing the browser's cache... But no luck, the problem still remains. I've tried using another browser... Still no luck.
alchemist-Ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#57 alchemist-Ed
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts

Yea i have been having a similar problem. Keep trying to upload a pic to my sig but nothing changes and it changes back to what it already is when i try to apply it. But the difference for me i have have tried several time the past couple years and nothing seems to change. Not sure what the deal is.

Blaketoberfest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Blaketoberfest
Member since 2009 • 241 Posts

I've been trying to change my user icon, yet nothing happens. I'm using an image hosting site for crying out loud...

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#59 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I've been trying to change my user icon, yet nothing happens. I'm using an image hosting site for crying out loud...

Blaketoberfest

I download the image, then upload from my computer. I got some advice here. I still don't fully understand everything, though.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#60 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I can't change my banner , my profile picture nor my blog banner , i can delete them but i can't change them. When i try to change my user pic to GIF the image glitches somehow and when i try to replace it with a static image it shows my previous avatar and sometimes it doesn't change at all. It also says that i left 1 comment :|(i left like a thousand of tem!!!) and like 480 forum posts :shock: (i only posted like 5 times...)

So my question to you guys is Are you doing anything about it? :(

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 gmax  Moderator
I can't change my banner , my profile picture nor my blog banner , i can delete them but i can't change them. When i try to change my user pic to GIF the image glitches somehow and when i try to replace it with a static image it shows my previous avatar and sometimes it doesn't change at all. It also says that i left 1 comment :|(i left like a thousand of tem!!!) and like 480 forum posts :shock: (i only posted like 5 times...)CyberLips
Your avatar, about me image, and blog header are all date stamped yesterday. The image update mechanism is fairly slow, but changes will usually take effect eventually if the images are valid. It is also necessary to clear your browser cache before checking to see if an image change has taken effect. Between the delay and the need to clear cache, the process has confused many users. As additional observations, your profile banner image is older, and the text in your blog header needs to be removed to avoid a moderation. Profile images uploaded to GameSpot also have limits on their file sizes, which may be a problem with animated GIFs. For whatever reason comments are counted along with forum posts, so the 485+ figure is the total of comments and forum posts combined. Some of the descriptions of the counters on the about me page are misleading, and a few of those counters have probably been deactivated. For Drac and Jody - I don't think we've seen a genuine report of the issue this thread was originally about since at least April or May, and I'm wondering if this thread might be overdue for unpinning.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

For Drac and Jody - I don't think we've seen a genuine report of the issue this thread was originally about since at least April or May, and I'm wondering if this thread might be overdue for unpinning.

gmax

Sounds good to me. We have so many as is.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Can't change my sig. :(

EDIT: Took an hour, but it's there now!