Who's getting the Gears 3 Season Pass?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soufan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soufan123
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts

It was just announced today that on September 20th when Gears 3 is released the "Gears of War 3 Season Pass" will be released for ($30), which is basically the equivalent of preordering DLC, that will be released in the coming months, but at a cheaper price.

I am a huge Gears fan and so I will definitely be getting the Season Pass, but what are your thoughts on this? Think its worth it? It's said that the first DLC is to be released in November, which is kinda iffy because it seems that if a DLC is to be released just 2 months after the release that it could have been taken out of the full game.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#2 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I don't know that you can say it was taken out of the full game. The game ships with ten maps, which is about the same count as the last two games. Thing is Gears 2 also game with five extra downloadable maps free, so you you started out with fifteen maps in Gears 2... With Gears 3 the game was originally supposed to ship back in April but was pushed back to September just so Microsoft would have something big for the holidays. It's safe to assume that Gears 3 was for the most part, finished many months ago so I'm betting they used this time to get a head start on the dlc development. I'd be willing to bet they already have to dlc map packs ready to go. I feel they could have included those extra maps in with the game... But I also feel that ten maps is fair. So I'm not that irked. As for the season pass, I think it's great deal for fans who know they will be buying all the maps. You're buying the next four map packs up front at a discount for some bonus weapons skins. Personally, I just may buy it myself.
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
Um, people who somehow think paying 30 bucks for content that should have been in the game in the first place is a good deal? :?
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#4 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Um, people who somehow think paying 30 bucks for content that should have been in the game in the first place is a good deal? :?Just-Breathe
Why should it have been in the game in the first place?
Huneybadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Huneybadger
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I think it's smart business for them but I don't think I'm gonna do it.
Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
$30? Isn't that a little steep when I just purchased the game for $60?
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
I'm in.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
$30 for pre order of dlc or ?$40? when released for DLC WTF ever pay that much for dlc in my life
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HilbillyRokstar
$30 for pre order of dlc or ?$40? when released for DLC WTF ever pay that much for dlc in my lifek2theswiss
It's for 4 DLC packs and you get liquid metal guns for in-game use. link . . .http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/119/1191300p1.html
TwinMachetes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 TwinMachetes
Member since 2011 • 100 Posts
$30? Isn't that a little steep when I just purchased the game for $60?Warablo13
$7.50 per map pack, generally includes maps you can use for both single player and Horde mode, as well as skins and single player extras..Plus I'd dare say you can use the maps for Beast mode. Value wise I'm happy with it and unlike activision, Epic make it worth your dollar. If i download these map packs and they are like 3mb or some crap, I'll be pissed. Otherwise I'm fine with it.
ArianZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ArianZero
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts

I'll get it.

koryuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 koryuk
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts

I most likely will as it will be cheaper than buying it seperately just hope we don't have to buy the pass the day it comes out.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

ill probably end up buying all the packs but i dont like the fact that its basically pre ordering dlc. Im not giving them money for something that isnt there yet. it just goes against my inner common sense. How about they just get my money when the maps actually release and still give us the deal price? The gaming industry is slowly but surely becoming a complete cesspool but like a drug addict i keep coming back and that scares me.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

ill probably end up buying all the packs but i dont like the fact that its basically pre ordering dlc. Im not giving them money for something that isnt there yet. it just goes against my inner common sense. How about they just get my money when the maps actually release and still give us the deal price? The gaming industry is slowly but surely becoming a complete cesspool but like a drug addict i keep coming back and that scares me.

Gen007
sounds like they want to promise your money. I can see 2 good dlcs and 2 bad ones...
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HilbillyRokstar
[QUOTE="Gen007"]

k2theswiss
sounds like they want to promise your money. I can see 2 good dlcs and 2 bad ones...

Naw, they haven't made a bad DLC pack yet. This is Epic we're talking about, not Activision. Your just being cynical. They'll be worth your money. If you are a DLC buyer, then buy it. If not you'll just be spending an extra $15 later.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HilbillyRokstar
$30 for pre order of dlc or ?$40? when released for DLC WTF ever pay that much for dlc in my lifek2theswiss
$45, not $40. It's a 1/3 savings.
jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]$30 for pre order of dlc or ?$40? when released for DLC WTF ever pay that much for dlc in my lifeHilbillyRokstar

technically, its 25% off... 4 mappacks for 10, but you pay 30. so 10/40.... YEP. 25%

can you only buy the pass at launch?

if so i won't get it, but if it stays available, i will wait for a deal on gears around black friday and get the pass then.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Yeah, but I'm not going to lie, I will buy it mostly for the liquid metal skins >.>
BiThBhE0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BiThBhE0
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts
I'll definitely be getting it. I'm a huge fan of the multiplayer so I'd be getting it all the day it came out anyway. This way I save some money and get a weapon skin as a bonus. I think Epic is just trying to tend to the hardcore fans that feel they got screwed by buying all the dlc for Gears 2 when it came out so this way they are trying to save them some money. But I do think they should've waited to announce it. From what I read, it will be 3 map packs and a campaign pack.
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

I'll definitely be getting it. I'm a huge fan of the multiplayer so I'd be getting it all the day it came out anyway. This way I save some money and get a weapon skin as a bonus. I think Epic is just trying to tend to the hardcore fans that feel they got screwed by buying all the dlc for Gears 2 when it came out so this way they are trying to save them some money. But I do think they should've waited to announce it. From what I read, it will be 3 map packs and a campaign pack.BiThBhE0

I really don't see this as Epic saying thank you to its fans. Supposedly you save money in the end; however, who's to say this negates any sales they would've promoted during the year for the map packs like they normally do.

I like Epic. They usually do a really good job with their DLC and price it fairly, but this is nothing more than them wanting your money early. Also, I'm hearing mumblings that the game only ships with 10 maps? Well that's pretty slim pickings considering the game was pretty much done in April and we've already played 3 of the maps in the beta.

I have to applaud the developers or publishers for finding a creative solution for raising the price of a game without changing the number on the box.

BiThBhE0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BiThBhE0
I meant for early adopters. I'm sure there will be better sales down the road for the dlc but this is for people that want it on day one. Also both Gears 1 & 2 shipped with 10 maps.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#22 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I think it's smart business for them but I don't think I'm gonna do it. Huneybadger

Agreed, as a business man I understand what they are doing "BUT" the additional DLC better be pretty dam special if they want my money.

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
people are actually getting Gears 3? That's the real question...............
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I still don't know if I'll be getting Gears 3. I'm waiting right now for gears 2 to get home (damn amazon and your preferred merchants!!).

And I never really got into gears 1 to be honest...

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#25 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

Business wise a great idea. For me I'm gonna wait since I already shelled out alot of cash pre-ordering the EPIC version. So guess I'll do it the old fashioned way and download the DLC when I'm rady for it ... or when they either reduce the price or include some kind of incentive a year later (which they usually do).

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#26 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Of course I'll be getting it! I've never once been disappointed by Gears DLC.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 orb_03_2006
[QUOTE="_TheJoker_"]

I still don't know if I'll be getting Gears 3. I'm waiting right now for gears 2 to get home (damn amazon and your preferred merchants!!).

And I never really got into gears 1 to be honest...

I think you'll like it. I can honestly say that I don't like Gears 1 all that much. It was kinda "meh" to me. But I enjoyed Gears 2 a lot more. There was an actualy story, the game didn't look like garbage, and the MP was fun. Granted, the MP kinda sucks for Gears 2. If anything, you'll have fun with Horde. I only played Horde after awhile. The MP was just way too laggy, but they've fixed it for the most part. I think you'll enjoy it though.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"][QUOTE="k2theswiss"]$30 for pre order of dlc or ?$40? when released for DLC WTF ever pay that much for dlc in my lifejlevin860

technically, its 25% off... 4 mappacks for 10, but you pay 30. so 10/40.... YEP. 25%

can you only buy the pass at launch?

if so i won't get it, but if it stays available, i will wait for a deal on gears around black friday and get the pass then.

Quote - "Gears of War 3 gets a DLC season pass offering customers a 33 per cent saving on the forthcoming shooter's first four add-ons, publisher Microsoft has announced. Available from the game's 20th September launch priced at 2400 Points, the virtual voucher lets you download the first four packs on the day they release and also throws in access to the exclusive Liquid Metal Weapon Set. The first DLC pack for the game lands in November, though there's no word yet on what form it will take."

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LanceSSJ
Member since 2003 • 882 Posts

Wow i dont even want to buy this game anymore, i love gears but what the hell there going to release new maps 2 months after the game comes out?? ****ing greedy a$$holes.

booomer69
.....they ANNOUNCED DLC. Why the heck do you jagoffs think that the DLC is even done? jesus christ, please dont buy this game
zypher315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 zypher315
Member since 2004 • 127 Posts

Honestly I can say I'm a pretty big Gears of War fan. But spending $60 for the game and then an additional $30 for the season pass just sounds absurd, especially since the game was delayed to release in time for the holiday season. I mean c'mon, if this doesn't scream money greed over passion for the business then I don't know what does. If you have DLC scheduled to release 2 months after the initial game release then why can't said maps be a part of the actual game. I understand kids and most gamers today have a craving for more content ASAP because they play the games 24/7 and get bored with the original content but seriously my wallet can't handle this much strain, even more so with the fact that it has to splooge dough for CoD:MW3 and Battlefield 3. Consider me not in on this season pass.

booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts

I hate to see them steal everyones money, but i do hope therer is people who think like me,im not paying 90 bucks for a game,**** THAT! What the hell are they thinking charging so much for just maps:evil:

BiThBhE0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BiThBhE0
Dude, they are not stealing anyone's money. If you don't want them, then don't buy them. Call of Duty charges way more for map packs so if you want to complain about overpriced DLC, then complain about them. You ever see Activision offer up a discount for maps that just came out? Yeah, didn't think so. Also, they never said the DLC is all done. They just announced that they plan on releasing some in the future which everyone knew was gonna happen anyway. And for all the people complaining about them not including these maps in the game, as I already said before, Gears 1 & 2 shipped with 10 maps so we aren't getting any less of a game. The extra time they took was to have the beta, fix bugs/glitches, balancing issues and to polish the game. We are getting a longer campaign than any other Gears game, 4 player co-op, Beast mode, expanded Horde, dedicated servers and the best multiplayer in a Gears game to date. If you don't think that's enough, then maybe you shouldn't get the game at all.
Zodiac_attack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zodiac_attack
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts

I will be for sure Cant Waittt!

TwinMachetes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TwinMachetes

I hate to see them steal everyones money, but i do hope therer is people who think like me,im not paying 90 bucks for a game,**** THAT! What the hell are they thinking charging so much for just maps:evil:

booomer69
4 map packs for the price of 2 COD packs... Epic aren't the problem.
Boris_Lion_SLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Boris_Lion_SLO
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts

Since a lot of people from europe have problem downloading epic content (items not available from your location) i for sure will not buy season pass. who the hell buys something upfront and not knowing what the hell is he buying?

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
people are actually getting Gears 3? That's the real question...............bblundell
Gears 3 is the most pre-ordered game on the 360 of all time. So yes, people are playing it. Go back to CoD.
ThePhrilz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ThePhrilz
Member since 2011 • 121 Posts

It was just announced today that on September 20th when Gears 3 is released the "Gears of War 3 Season Pass" will be released for ($30), which is basically the equivalent of preordering DLC, that will be released in the coming months, but at a cheaper price.

I am a huge Gears fan and so I will definitely be getting the Season Pass, but what are your thoughts on this? Think its worth it? It's said that the first DLC is to be released in November, which is kinda iffy because it seems that if a DLC is to be released just 2 months after the release that it could have been taken out of the full game.

soufan123
It was announced 2 days ago if you were on the Gears official forums ;) But yeah i'm getting it along with the Epic Edition. Already have the controller so I'm set.
ThePhrilz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ThePhrilz
Yeah, but I'm not going to lie, I will buy it mostly for the liquid metal skins >.>Overlord93
Im not even gonna use that skin lmfao, it will be so overused in the first weeks. I'll be using my Flaming Hammerburst which I payed 60$ for (Bulletstorm wasn't that bad actually) and the gold gnasher (Legit Vet :) )
ThePhrilz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ThePhrilz

Wow i dont even want to buy this game anymore, i love gears but what the hell there going to release new maps 2 months after the game comes out?? ****ing greedy a$$holes.

booomer69
You started a f****** thread asking people if they were going to buy Gears 3, you then said you didn't like the series, and then said COD is better. Let me see, 1200 MSP I beleive for a COD map pack. In MW2 it was 2 new maps and 3 old maps I beleive. 2 of those MW2 map packs = the Gears 3 season pass. Gears 3 season pass = 4 FULL DLC's, single player missions, horde add ons/beast mode, multiplayer maps. Tell me, who's ripping you off.
TwinMachetes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TwinMachetes
[QUOTE="bblundell"]people are actually getting Gears 3? That's the real question...............NintendoGamer3
Gears 3 is the most pre-ordered game on the 360 of all time. So yes, people are playing it. Go back to CoD.

Actually not only is it the most preorded game on the 360 of all time... It also has more preorders than MW3 has on both consoles combined. I guess a few people must be getting.
greenballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 greenballer
Member since 2004 • 619 Posts

Lol this topic is funny. Most people are like the game was ready in april/may. They have been polishing and taking data from the beta to test servers to improve the game. Yes they also have been making dlc. Its 30 bucks for 4 map packs and some camp add on. if you choose not to get it dont and pay 45 or get it when its discounted 2 months later.Me personally ill be buying it the game and will be standing out side at midnight to pick up my copy. Have a nice day.

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
[QUOTE="bblundell"]people are actually getting Gears 3? That's the real question...............NintendoGamer3

COD? I love how people make assumptions. You so funny lol roflcopter.
Scharfschutz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Scharfschutz3
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts
I'm getting the pass also
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Nice to see so many companies giving people a way to save a little money, while also guaranteeing money for themselves. Works for everyone. I don't think I will be getting it though, I don't really like Gears multiplayer.

DLC is to be released in November, which is kinda iffy because it seems that if a DLC is to be released just 2 months after the release that it could have been taken out of the full game.

When a game goes Gold, usually about two months before the release date, they don't keep adding content to it so they had more time than that to develop three maps for a map pack.

Um, people who somehow think paying 30 bucks for content that should have been in the game in the first place is a good deal?

What is this weird thing going around where everyone thinks that a year of DLC should have been in the game. Maybe they should never release the game and they should just keep making more and more map packs then stopping production of the game so they could put those maps in it

$30? Isn't that a little steep when I just purchased the game for $60?

No, it just a way to save money in the long run if you know you are planning on buying all the DLC packs.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 orb_03_2006

@Legolas_Katarn and @BiThBhE0. I'm glad there are people in here with logic. Why do people keep calling Epic greedy and comparing them to Activision? Epic is helping you save money. Gears 3 season pass = TWO CoD map packs. Plus, MW3 is having CoD elit... $50/ year!! Who is ripping who off? And the season pass is for the true, die hard fans. Like me. I've never been disappointed with dlc from Epic. That's why I have faith in them and am willing to fork over a large sum of cash at once to get it. To each their own.

COGGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 COGGeorge
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Metallic Liquid Lancer does it for me, probably will get it XD
Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

$30? Isn't that a little steep when I just purchased the game for $60?Warablo13

You can pay $15 dollars for each infivifual pack, but gears of war 2 had about 3 or 4 map packs and an extra story level that was cut. Also if you are the kind of person that likes to purchase character skins than this is another good deal also. I LOVE gears of war, and i will be probably buy this to save myself money.You end up saving yourself alot of money with this deal if they come out with the same amount of dlc.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
I would never do that. DLC has gotten ridiculous, A season pass? No thanks, I already pay $60 for Live and $60 for the game. $300 for the game machine.
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
I will get the DLC, probably not season pass, haven't heard of anything like it here.. Very excited for GoW3