Who's getting the Gears 3 Season Pass?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
What is this weird thing going around where everyone thinks that a year of DLC should have been in the gameLegolas_Katarn
3 maps packs=Year of DLC? :? Paid map packs should never have been invented.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Publishers have been tending to start creating DLC while still creating the actual game the DLC is intended for. It's nothing new; they just want more $$$.
Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
I do not see that as being a good deal, I am not a big fan of DLC really.
jatan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jatan1986
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I'll pay for the season pass upfront since its cheaper and I'm a big Gears fan (not worth buying it separately for me) Keep an eye out for MS point card deals to save some money -- 4000 MS pts are $50 retail, but you can get it for $40 from time to time (eBay Daily Deals has that every few weeks from Buy.com, they just had it a few days ago: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380365847014 so that works out to be 20% off which isnt bad) Same thing for XBL gold membership -- the 1yr membership cards come on sale for $35-40 from time to time so not worth paying the $60 retail price directly to MS
Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

@Legolas_Katarn and @BiThBhE0. I'm glad there are people in here with logic. Why do people keep calling Epic greedy and comparing them to Activision? Epic is helping you save money. Gears 3 season pass = TWO CoD map packs. Plus, MW3 is having CoD elit... $50/ year!! Who is ripping who off? And the season pass is for the true, die hard fans. Like me. I've never been disappointed with dlc from Epic. That's why I have faith in them and am willing to fork over a large sum of cash at once to get it. To each their own.

orb_03_2006

This, although I've never played it so I'm not a die hard fan. I'll get it day one and if I love it then I'll get the Season Pass when I get a job, or have some extra money.

LetsPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LetsPlayer
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts
[QUOTE="Just-Breathe"]Um, people who somehow think paying 30 bucks for content that should have been in the game in the first place is a good deal? :?vashkey
Why should it have been in the game in the first place?

Because charging extra for something that can already fit on the disk is extortion. Especially when you consider the content they release is probably going to be the same Map packs and "extra chapter" they release as DLC every time a game comes out.
Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 Spire88
Member since 2006 • 4502 Posts

you know i was thinking about getting it but it but they never said the SIZE of all the DLC, i dont much space left on my HDD and it might be a waste of money if i cant get it all to fit.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
i'll be getting it, gonna wind up wanting it all anyway so why not just jump right onto this "deal" when it comes out instead of waiting around for all the DLC and missing my chance to save
Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

I was just thinking, is the Season Pass going to be a limited time thing, or will you be able to wait until all the dlc comes out and then buy the Pass and get the DLC at a cheaper price, because like the other guy, I'm not sure if I'll have enough room on my hard drive.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="Just-Breathe"]Um, people who somehow think paying 30 bucks for content that should have been in the game in the first place is a good deal? :?LetsPlayer
Why should it have been in the game in the first place?

Because charging extra for something that can already fit on the disk is extortion. Especially when you consider the content they release is probably going to be the same Map packs and "extra chapter" they release as DLC every time a game comes out.

You REALLY need to look up that word. Here, I'll do it for you . . .. . . . "ex·tor·tion/ikˈstôrSHən/ Noun: The practice of obtaining something, esp. money, through force or threats". Where are the threats or force here? They don't exist. They are simply providing a financial incentive for people smart enough to appreciate it. That is in no way forcing you, me, or anybody else to buy it. Also, who said it would fit on the disc? Where are you getting that from? Most of the DLC hasn't even been finished yet. So why are you throwing out such brash statements anyway? Don't buy it, problem solved. As for me, it's just like buying a magazine subscription at a discount, and this is one subscription I am eager to purchase.

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#62 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]What is this weird thing going around where everyone thinks that a year of DLC should have been in the gameJust-Breathe
3 maps packs=Year of DLC? :? Paid map packs should never have been invented.

I like new content for my games; sorry you feel differently.

I'm down for the season pass. Gears is going to be my MAIN online game - so yeah, it's worth it.