Who thinks games are too expensive?

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tanjavasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Tanjavasi
Member since 2004 • 1337 Posts
It depends what kind of game it is.

RPGs have 40+ of gameplay and story, action/shooting games are in general finished within 10 hours - I think, you get more with your money with an RPG.

I seldom buy games the moment they are released, only a few make it worth-it to me (Lost Odyssey being one of those few :D).
...but if you can be patient, you will not have to spend much money to experience great gaming.
Dark_Link87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#102 Dark_Link87
Member since 2005 • 243 Posts

I think makers need to price their games according to value. A lot of games seem to deliver less content than they should.(for example) I love CoD4 but a 5 to 6 hr campaign seems kind of cheap. At least Vegas 2 and GTA4 should provide enough content to justify the price. I just wish more games did. HilbillyRokstar

only game i can think of the would most likely pass the price in value is smash bro brawl which is only 49 dollars, pretty good for a new release

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I liked the last two good years of the PS2 days when the majority of new games were $40 new. And the best deal in games (beats out Orange Box IMO) was Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence. $30 for Snake Eater with the redesigned camera, Metal Gear Online, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake, the machimanima videos that were made internally by Konami for some presentation. If you Pre-Ordered it you also got Metal Gear Saga a 30 minute documentary on the Metal Gear franchise. And the Limited Edition came with Existence, a 3 hour theatrical edit of the games cutscenes.
crsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 crsx
Member since 2005 • 252 Posts
If you think 59.99 is expensive, you can't afford it.