Who is for sure going to buy the xbox one?

• 200 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#101 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
I am too loyal, I will pre-order it. But, MS is pushing my buttons and my tolerance is wearing thin. Not just they make dumb decisions, seriously Win8 start button, and full screen crap, and I still can't type Mom in email recipient, WTF. They consistently detach themselves from consumers. Things like 2nd hand games needs to be addressed quickly, or shouldn't even be mentioned in the first place, but, they just have to give out a vague info that keeps consumers screaming. This is an intentional chaos.magicalclick
You say all of that about Microsoft & still will pre-order the console? Wow.
vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

I really don't understand why people should be loyal to a console...it's hardly a partner/ religion or anything on that level which will divorce your ass if you step outta line.

Even if both consoles turn out to be pretty even in the end & you only choose one bcos your 'loyal' to it is a pretty lame reason

get the xbone if suits you better but cut the crap of loyalty please

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 MusashiSensi

I really don't understand why people should be loyal to a console...it's hardly a partner/ religion or anything on that level which will divorce your ass if you step outta line.

Even if both consoles turn out to be pretty even in the end & you only choose one bcos your 'loyal' to it is a pretty lame reason

vpacalypse
Exactly. I agree 100%.
sweeten16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 sweeten16
Member since 2005 • 2872 Posts
i doubt it
vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts
[QUOTE="vpacalypse"]

MusashiSensi
Exactly. I agree 100%.

some people's ego's just can't take the hit. They'll find any excuse in the book...oh well It's a limited existence when your not open to new things
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#106 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
[QUOTE="magicalclick"]I am too loyal, I will pre-order it. But, MS is pushing my buttons and my tolerance is wearing thin. Not just they make dumb decisions, seriously Win8 start button, and full screen crap, and I still can't type Mom in email recipient, WTF. They consistently detach themselves from consumers. Things like 2nd hand games needs to be addressed quickly, or shouldn't even be mentioned in the first place, but, they just have to give out a vague info that keeps consumers screaming. This is an intentional chaos.MusashiSensi

Is he happy with used games are killed with the console? You can only borrow it to ONE friend and you will lose all ownership for the game
i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="magicalclick"]I am too loyal, I will pre-order it. But, MS is pushing my buttons and my tolerance is wearing thin. Not just they make dumb decisions, seriously Win8 start button, and full screen crap, and I still can't type Mom in email recipient, WTF. They consistently detach themselves from consumers. Things like 2nd hand games needs to be addressed quickly, or shouldn't even be mentioned in the first place, but, they just have to give out a vague info that keeps consumers screaming. This is an intentional chaos.The_Last_Ride

Is he happy with used games are killed with the console? You can only borrow it to ONE friend and you will lose all ownership for the game

Okay. Just no. You either A) didn't read the latest release, or B) didn't understand a word that you read. Now, in all honesty after reading the newest of the news, I'm still in the same frame of mind as before. I'm buying this thing. I don't care, at all, about used games. I used to, but these days I only buy new. Not being an elitist, just stating my situation. Do I need skype, another TV box, etc? Nope, but I'll take 'em. Convenience has never bothered me in the past. I have Netflix on every device I own for that reason. In the case of Skype, it means I can use it from my couch instead of moving into my office. That's not a lazy statement, it means I can be more comfortable while using it. Again, not a negative in my book. Kinect, well, it doesn't matter what's said, because all the sheep here will still troll away with "Kinect will ruin gaming" comments. If people are too narrow minded to understand that Kinect connectivity being mandatory does not equal Kinect control being mandatory in every game, then I give up. Kinect didn't contribute to the single downfall of any one triple A title in it's existence. I don't see any good reason why Kinect 2.0 will be any different. Developers will still get to choose if they use it. If a game gets ruined by it, it's on the developer, not the existence of the device. Now, IGN and I'm sure these forums are being flooded with comments like "MS is ruining hardcore gaming" and "MS is watering down the hardcore experience" (no crap, that last one is a direct quote from some airhead over at IGN). So. Freaking. Ridiculous. There is no such thing as a hardcore gamer any more. Gamers are gamers, get over the self-labelling. So MS has opened it's audience? Does anyone truly think that will mean a lack of AAA, "hardcore" (such a stupid, stupid moniker) titles? Of course it won't. They're not alienating their current market. The current market is alienating itself by cowering in the face of change. The times, they are a changin', as it is said. Soooo many people have to wake up and realize that.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
I'm still waiting for E3 to decide which one should I buy first, XO or PS4. The Xbox One is really living up to its name. You can give a game only once, you need to go online once in 24 hrs, lol. Anyway the way I see it, once you buy an XO, you really need to research what games you buy because it seems like they want that game to be attached to one owner. I mean I hardly buy used games or even sell games. I buy new games cheap and every game I want I keep, every game I bought I wanted and expect to keep. I do let family borrow games though but I still can do that through the XO game sharing feature. If someone really wants to borrow a game, I'll just let them log into and access the shared games. Better yet they can come over and play on my console. Some of the most fun I had is with local split screen. Depending on price, I think I'll be taking advantage of downloading games instead of getting physical discs more now to make game sharing easier. I think both consoles are being more PC-like. It's just sucks to people who are short in money and have to sell their games to buy new ones and at least at launch they can't do this. Video gaming is an expensive hobby so you really need to do your research before buying a game.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#109 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Not me. I bought a 360 250gb with skyrim forza 4, and 9 other games. Cost me quite a bit.....Only for me to keep going back to my ps3. I sold the 360 like 3 months later. Wont be getting another microsoft console as long as sony keeps making consoles.

PublikNMEno1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 PublikNMEno1
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I've got 2 preordered for the Wife & I.
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

If they have a good E3 I'll get one.Both have now said they are leaving used games up to publishers,Sony just has'nt given us the details yet.

Grymreign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Grymreign
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts

Used games wouldn't be an issue if we got games that were worth keeping.....MS and publishers just want cash.  Used game sales have been around since there have been video games and it is only an issue now because publishers spend so much money on a game that isn't worth keeping.  Want me not to sell your game?  Give me content, give me value, don't give me a game with eye busting graphics BUT a hollow shell of a game otherwise.  No Xbone for me and if Ps4 goes this way as well I won't get that either.  It sucks to say, but at the same time I can just look at the tens of THOUSANDS of other choices to fulfill my gaming needs and just go with that....Time to bust out my retro backlog!!

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Almost definitely not buying it. 

360 will be my first and last Microsoft console. 

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#114 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

i'm not interested in kinect nor do i want skype etc so i will not not waste my money on microsoft.

sukraj
I would think you would want it for GAMES more then anything. That's what most people will buy it for.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#115 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I won't be getting it.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 blackace
I'm not sold on it yet :/seanb12398
Will wait for the E3 tomorrow and see what they show. See if they change anything concerning used games and the mandatory Kinect being connected to X1. Most of these changes are just stupid.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 blackace

Not me. I bought a 360 250gb with skyrim forza 4, and 9 other games. Cost me quite a bit.....Only for me to keep going back to my ps3. I sold the 360 like 3 months later. Wont be getting another microsoft console as long as sony keeps making consoles.

ristactionjakso
Skyrim and Forza 4 are great games. Only thing I play on my PS3 are the exclusives. Almost all the 3rd party games play better on the XBox 360, which is why I play it the most. Plus I like the 360 controller much better then the DS3. The XBox One is a mess however. I'll probably end up with a PS4 as my primary console if M$ doesn't make the proper changes to their system.
TJORLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 TJORLY
Member since 2008 • 3298 Posts

I would maybe consider getting one when they get cheaper, if it wasn't for one thing:

The mandatory internet connection.

I have an ok internet connection, and when it does go down it's never for more than one day. However Microsoft's servers wont be up forever, so I don't want my console being turned into little more than a blu-ray player because Microsoft would rather focus on the xbox two.

And seeing as they don't give a shit about backwards compatibility anymore, all the games I buy for the xbone will become worthless without those servers too.

That might as well be classed as destruction of Art. It'd be like Hollywood making every copy of Citizen Kane spontaneously combust so they can get people to buy Citizen Kane 2: Rosebud's Revenge.

Moun7ainMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Moun7ainMan
Member since 2013 • 116 Posts
[QUOTE="i_noseworthy"]I think classic mob mentality is ruling out too many options on the xbox one. I'm not sure why people are so threatened by having extra capabilities along with their gaming console. The specs are impressive, although admittedly not mind-blowing. There are a few quirks for sure (kinect always on) but that doesn't mean that developers will be tied to motion control. It just means that it will likely be integrated in more ways. I really think had MS stayed too close to what the PS4 is offering, people would have blamed them for copying or losing their edge. The xbox one was poised, from a release perspective, to fail in the public eye. Not much could be done about that really. Had xbox one been announced first, the quirks would not be quite as apparent, and the PS4 would likely be blamed now for "missing options". Just my take, and could be wrong, but I'm interested in both. It's way way WAY too early to write either off at this time.

Yeah I agree. You can't make everyone happy. Just looking up to E3 for further guidance and knowledge. xP
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#120 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

Microsoft is allegedly paying many third-party publishers so that they won't show off their PlayStation 4 games at E3 2013, according to a new report. E3 2013, the most important games convention out there, is set to begin next week, and both Microsoft and Sony are expected to focus heavily on their next-gen consoles, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, respectively. In order to gain the upper hand on Sony, Microsoft is apparently resorting to some unorthodox practices, like paying a lot of money to third-party publishers so that they won't show their PlayStation 4 games either on stage or at their actual booths. The report arrives from a source on NeoGAF, which posted a lot of true rumors in the past, so it's possible that Microsoft really is resorting to such tactics ahead of E3 2013. The company emphasized that at the event it's going to focus only on games for the Xbox One, so it could try to create a false sense that more games are coming to Xbox One than PS4.

They are too moneyhungry trying to control their customers in a direct relation, pushing out retail dealers, second hand gaming, resorting to pathetic methods to cover up their ANTI gamer policies. They won't ever get a penny from me.
mudman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 mudman007
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I'm just going to pre-order it if I can once the E3 press conference is done. But so far I'm not as impressed as I'd want to be. Whether or not I keep or drop the order will probably come down to a week or so before launch.
MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

I am a sucker for video game consoles. I probabarly would pick up an Xbox One and PS4 during Hoilday 2013 if both consoles come out in 2013.

bronze_earth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#123 bronze_earth
Member since 2011 • 112 Posts

I guess this is the thread where i can sell my moon real estate at 1 zillion clams an acre.

zepfya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 zepfya
Member since 2003 • 1209 Posts
I really don't understand why these Sony fanboys think the ps4 is going to be better, the first Sony press conference was horrible. It was nothing special at all, maybe the E3 conference will be better but who knows. I buy all systems because I don't troll all day like the losers who keep talking crap about things they don't know.
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#125 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts

who's gonna buy the xbox one? those who want to lose all their money lol

bboy2k
If you have doubts about the Xbox One then that really doesn't make you a faithful fan of xbox does it.You know when the 360 was coming out it didn't look like it was gonna be worth the money but now look at what its become.
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#126 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I really don't understand why these Sony fanboys think the ps4 is going to be better, the first Sony press conference was horrible. It was nothing special at all, maybe the E3 conference will be better but who knows. I buy all systems because I don't troll all day like the losers who keep talking crap about things they don't know.zepfya
I couldn't have said it better myself
bboy2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 bboy2k
Member since 2003 • 257 Posts

[QUOTE="bboy2k"]

who's gonna buy the xbox one? those who want to lose all their money lol

mrsniper83

If you have doubts about the Xbox One then that really doesn't make you a faithful fan of xbox does it.You know when the 360 was coming out it didn't look like it was gonna be worth the money but now look at what its become.

I'm not making doubts out of thin air. I'm making judgements based on all the retarded restrictions and fees that xbox has confirmed. you really think people will enjoy spending more and more money on a game they already purchased once?? a one time payment should be enough. this is only one of the lame restrictions xbox has including the stupid online check-ups. i'm sorry but im not a millionaire and don't support microsoft's scheme in trying to suck the money out of all their frikkn customers and making them make constant payments. how can you be optimistic about a product thats gonna just keep taking your cash. i'm sorry maybe your fine with filling microsoft's pockets over and over, but i'm not and many others are not as well.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
I really don't understand why these Sony fanboys think the ps4 is going to be better, the first Sony press conference was horrible. It was nothing special at all, maybe the E3 conference will be better but who knows. I buy all systems because I don't troll all day like the losers who keep talking crap about things they don't know.zepfya
insert foot into mouth.... cause Sony just up and destroyed MS... gamers would be absolute fools to purchase the XBOX One now.
Bubba03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Bubba03
Member since 2003 • 477 Posts

Me.

Angel_Belial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Angel_Belial
Member since 2005 • 1147 Posts
I'm not sure if I'll be buying it yet. I own an Xbox and Xbox 360, but because Xbox One requires Kinect plus a daily online connection... It just seems like a Spybox. So disappointing that this may be the first Xbox I won't own, because Halo is one of my favourite series. It's just hard to believe MS has done this.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#131 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
I ain't getting that POS.
P1xxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 P1xxel
Member since 2013 • 69 Posts
Basically the ps4 is the cheaper, downgraded version of the xbox one. Ps4 is for gamers that don't have Internet and as much money as xbox gamers. Since I have Internet and I can afford to buy a console for an extra $100 I will buy the xbox one. Plus did you see all the xbox one exclusive titles? They are epic . And why are people complaining about xbox one having to be always online? It's funny cuz they are complaining ON the Internet.
P1xxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 P1xxel
Member since 2013 • 69 Posts
WOW!!! Did you see the xbox one e3 thing??!?! XBOX ONE IS BACK IN THE LEAD!!! WOOOHOO!
waggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#134 waggs
Member since 2003 • 56 Posts
Fools. Uninformed consumers. That's who's going to buy XBone. People who don't know just how awful of a product it is. Not just awful, an outright scam. A complete waste of $500, followed by even more fees over and over and over and then a disconnection of the service and loss of all games in a year or two when the system dies. Very very few who know about the Xbone will intentionally buy one. Even the rich will be embarrassed to own one because of the assumptions people will make about such a person. Buying an Xbone isn't something you exactly want to brag about.
waggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#135 waggs
Member since 2003 • 56 Posts
[QUOTE="P1xxel"]WOW!!! Did you see the xbox one e3 thing??!?! XBOX ONE IS BACK IN THE LEAD!!! WOOOHOO!

Oh by the way, I have noticed a whole bunch of accounts made on June 2nd, all below level 10. All of these accounts are highly, highly pro-"Xbox One". People should know Microsoft got caught doing this kind of fake marketing with multiple accounts recently. Their marketing team is really really really out of touch and way too obvious. Shouldn't they have tried making these accounts months ago instead of all on June 2nd? Even their deceptive marketing is poorly thought out, like the name "Xbox One"
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 MusashiSensi

Heck no. I am skipping Microsoft this gen.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#137 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

I will purchase one when a slimmer version reaches £199.. Until then I will continue to play the 360 until I've played all the games I want to experience, just like I did with the original Xbox.

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
mynamesdenvrmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#138 mynamesdenvrmax
Member since 2004 • 2228 Posts

I'm buying one.  KI is enough for me.

AJAM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 AJAM1
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"] You say all of that about Microsoft & still will pre-order the console? Wow. i_noseworthy

Okay. Just no. You either A) didn't read the latest release, or B) didn't understand a word that you read. Now, in all honesty after reading the newest of the news, I'm still in the same frame of mind as before. I'm buying this thing. I don't care, at all, about used games. I used to, but these days I only buy new. Not being an elitist, just stating my situation. Do I need skype, another TV box, etc? Nope, but I'll take 'em. Convenience has never bothered me in the past. I have Netflix on every device I own for that reason. In the case of Skype, it means I can use it from my couch instead of moving into my office. That's not a lazy statement, it means I can be more comfortable while using it. Again, not a negative in my book. Kinect, well, it doesn't matter what's said, because all the sheep here will still troll away with "Kinect will ruin gaming" comments. If people are too narrow minded to understand that Kinect connectivity being mandatory does not equal Kinect control being mandatory in every game, then I give up. Kinect didn't contribute to the single downfall of any one triple A title in it's existence. I don't see any good reason why Kinect 2.0 will be any different. Developers will still get to choose if they use it. If a game gets ruined by it, it's on the developer, not the existence of the device. Now, IGN and I'm sure these forums are being flooded with comments like "MS is ruining hardcore gaming" and "MS is watering down the hardcore experience" (no crap, that last one is a direct quote from some airhead over at IGN). So. Freaking. Ridiculous. There is no such thing as a hardcore gamer any more. Gamers are gamers, get over the self-labelling. So MS has opened it's audience? Does anyone truly think that will mean a lack of AAA, "hardcore" (such a stupid, stupid moniker) titles? Of course it won't. They're not alienating their current market. The current market is alienating itself by cowering in the face of change. The times, they are a changin', as it is said. Soooo many people have to wake up and realize that.

Hahaha keep convincing yourself buddy. You're obviously a major fanboy and would buy a steaming pile of crap if it had an xbox symbol on it--come to think of it, you already are! Seriously, no true gamer wants the xbone--its freaking awful at every single level. The only people getting that POS are 12 year olds that are asking their parents to get it for them. Xbox---go home.

HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts

Ignore what's going on right now, listening to sony fanboys and the media will make you second think the xbox one, just ride the storm and wait 5 more months.  Things will be ok guys.

Runiand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Runiand
Well Xbox One seems to have become an entertaining system. As a gamer I would like to buy a gaming system. I dont need Tv when I already have one.
Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#142 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

I doubt i will get one anytime soon. It will have to be a bunch f price drops and a bunch of cool gamse to make me even consider it. Xbox one lost a loyal customer. I bough Xbox and 360. I was happy wit both. Now I am just upset.

xFL4WL3SSx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 xFL4WL3SSx
Member since 2009 • 1018 Posts
I'm going to buy one, I think people are going overboard with all this hate, yeah it's a $100 more but I think it's worth it, idc about used games, but that's just my opinion.
Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts
Im going to buy both the Xbox One and Playstation 4. I just dont know when yet. It depends on when I have the money for it.
SN1P3RSK33T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 SN1P3RSK33T
Definitly! For the following reasons: 1. I don't need to buy 4 copy of any games since I can share with my entire family. 2. Xbox Live is well polished and be working well for a long time now. PSN has never had much ground. 3. Controller. 4. Titan Fall looks awesome! 5. If the kids lose the remotes for the TV it won't be a problem.
JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

Nope !:?

Avatar image for Xxthesorrow90xX
Xxthesorrow90xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Xxthesorrow90xX
Member since 2005 • 604 Posts

I've always been a sony fan for my whole life, but I've taken a liking to microsoft as well. But to be honest with you, though I'd like to own both systems, I'm not going to bother at all with xbox one. It's taking two steps back, doing everything gamers DONT want them to do, and on top of that its more expensive then the PS4? 

PS4 in my opinion laughed at xbox in E3. 

No used games? Dumbest idea I've EVER and I mean EVER have heard of, sometimes its easier to just buy used games without pulling full price for a game that lasts 5 hours (metal gear revengance...) 

Always online? So if our internet gets shut down or something happens we can never play our games that WE paid for. 

Whos dumb idea was that?

And if the best exlclusive they have to offer is Halo 5, I'm certainly not sold.

FPS genre is getting very stale very quick.

Avatar image for Xxthesorrow90xX
Xxthesorrow90xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Xxthesorrow90xX
Member since 2005 • 604 Posts

Definitly! For the following reasons: 1. I don't need to buy 4 copy of any games since I can share with my entire family. 2. Xbox Live is well polished and be working well for a long time now. PSN has never had much ground. 3. Controller. 4. Titan Fall looks awesome! 5. If the kids lose the remotes for the TV it won't be a problem.SN1P3RSK33T

Titan Fall isn't exclusive, it will also be on PC, PSN is no longer going to be a free service and have a required paid membership meaning everyone will pay for it and thus better service rivaling xbox. And typically, getting up to change the channel isn't a lot of work. 

clarasvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 clarasvan
I am not sure yet... But don't think so.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 blackace
Not getting one until some of these policies change or the price drops considerably. I want the games, I just don't want all the headaches.