Who is for sure going to buy the xbox one?

• 200 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#51 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts
The Xbox was designed for the Kinect, The PS was designed for games
nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

i am but not day one

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="VothicX"]

Your comment is exactly what I expected. Use the internet... everyone else does.

VothicX

and your comment has absolutely nothing to do with anything. just some vague statement to try and deflect that you look like a tinfoil hat wearing idiot. if you knew anything, you would know that your privacy evaporated years ago. i hate to break it to you but governments all over the world are watching all cameras, everywhere, all the time. your sense of privacy is an illusion. they can listen to your cell conversations... see you through your cell camera... tap into the web cam on your computer.... listen to your skype conversations.... HELL... they dont even need any of that, and can just focus in on whatever they want to see with satellite real time images... all without telling you and you are really worried about a camera connect to A GAMING SYSTEM!?!?! LOLOLOL... you truly are deluded. get the **** out of here.

You are a posting contradiction. Im glad we agree on something.

2006 says hello! =)

"a Microsoft representative has since walked this back, saying "It is not always watching or always listening... you can turn the system completely off. This would use no power and turn everything off. Well share more details about how it all works later."" Welcome to getting ****ed.... you can leave now, im sure your ass hurts a bit.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#54 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

I think that's outrageous.:P

Most of the info that's come out about Kinect is a bunch of crap mixed in with a bunch of sensationalism for clicks. And if I do find out it's trying to do something funny, what the hell is going to stop me from unplugging it? Is it going to blow up?

VothicX

people thinking that big brother is using kinects to watch them in their home is hilarious. wear more tinfoil hats.... you can shut the device completely off, it just has to remain plugged in. get over yourselves.... your lives arent that interesting that ANYONE would want to watch you for ANY reason.

You have the internet, so this comment is without excuse. Except that hopefully you do not know any better. The device in question is not a big brother issue per-say. It's a hacker, crazed employee, data mining, creepy, uncontrollable issue. Perhaps... just perhaps, others know more then you do. Then you come in here with your tin foil hats comment. I can assure you many great professionals have written articles and stories on such things... if you would care to simply research. That is why I will no longer argue such things to someone that clearly has the internet.

And youre wrong. Eveyones lives are more important then you could ever imagine. Thats why data mining DOES exist. These devices WILL attempt to data mine you beyond what your PC currently does. They earn a profit off that, and clearly you and many others are completely oblivious to it. This is a console. Sold to children. So yes. Its creepy as hell.

I like how you simplified that issue with kinect, it's not just about big brother it's about the other SERIOUS issues that are a REAL threat...how can supposed intelligent people down-play that?

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I'm 95% getting one. There is a very small chance I wont be getting one based on whether the price is way more than what seems feasable. Honestly I wasn't blown over by the conferance but I'm actually very excited to get one. I know that the majority was very dissapointed, I'm not sure what they were expecting. Again, I wasn't like "woah... I gotta have it", but then again I was watching it thinking... "yeah, that's gonna be nice in my living room".

To me the positives far outweigh the negatives such as:

It's a more powerful xbox which i've always enjoyed.

It will better intigrate with my MS tablet, PC, Laptop, Netbook, Windows Phone.

It's an American company so it's nice to be able to support it, even if it's made overseas.

It can be used for some cool things when my living room TV is being used by the family for actually watching tv, which happens a lot of the time. Honestly with the snap to features I can still be using for Xbox purposes while the family is watching tv if i'm not mistaken. Maybe not gaming but two things on one screen has that advantage.

The only real negatives I can see are that the Kinect being forced on me more than I would want is a bummer and possibly the price when it's announced. If you can keep the connect plugged in but disabled then that's a moot point.

Lastly i'd comment that I never needed another console this gen because my Xbox kept me quite satisfied for my gaming needs (have close to 150 games I believe). Most of the competitors exclusives just never interested me so they are a moot point for me in choosing their console.

Even "if" the xbox isn't the most powerful thing going in the next generation of gaming, it's for sure going to be doing enough for me to be satisfied along with the pluses I pointed out above.

So yeah i'm pretty much on board and i'm pretty sure i'm going to be very satisfied with that desicion.

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 alexwatchtower
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

The British will!

Xbox One hits Amazon as console breaks pre-order records

Meanwhile confusion surrounding the need for a regular Internet connection and a charge for playing pre-owned games don't appear to have dampened the Xbox One's debut, and the upcoming machine has reportedly broken pre-order records at Blockbuster UK.

"We are delighted by the huge number of pre-orders that we have received so far for the new Microsoft console," MCV quotes Blockbuster's James Morton as saying, presumably as he signed off plans for a new Scrooge McDuck-style Money Bin to be constructed just before Christmas.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/xbox-one-hits-amazon-as-console-breaks-pre-order-records-50011346/ 

MCV has received word from retail sources that pre-orders for the Xbox One are tracking ahead of PS4 in many UK stores.

In fact, one told us that in the 24 hours after Xbox Ones reveal last week the total number of pre-orders it received for Microsofts machine outstripped the total number of PS4 pre-orders it had accrued since Sonys reveal in February.

There is some good news for Sony the same sources revealed a significant increase in PS4 pre-orders in the day following the Xbox One reveal.

The consensus is that many gamers were waiting until theyd had a look at both machines before making their buying decision.

The numbers may well some surprise some online onlookers who have seemed to delight in revelling in the PR mess Microsoft has created itself since last weeks reveal.

But they should also serve as a reminder that the angry internet masses are often not representative of the wider buying public.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-pre-orders-ahead-of-ps4-at-some-retailers-although-ps4-enjoys-post-xbox-spike/0116289

"If the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date," the online book-flogger explains, "you'll be charged the lowest price."Even before the issue is clarified?  Wait it gets worse...They love expensive games too! 

That's a relief, because confirmed titles such as FIFA 14 and Forza 5 are listed with wince-inducing £90 price-tags. You can see a full list of games available to pre-order here.

And they're willing to pay $900 per console and $140 per game to preorder one!

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
aftrer 2 years with HALO 5
Blue_Shield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Blue_Shield
Member since 2010 • 2610 Posts

Not Day 1, but once it has hit the $400 sweet point, and has had a chance to gain a solid library, absolutely.

Same goes for the PS4.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Considering you're buying used games you don't really matter right?

You don't bring anything to the industry, so losing you is no big deal.

Jaysonguy

And this is because we have blind followers like you... Tips pay for your consoles mate?

Nice deflection

You don't bring anything to the industry because you don't support them. I'm not trying to be mean I'm just telling the truth.

You don't help anything, you take the scraps.

You're not a demographic that anyone wants.

Companies and people that think like that are in the dustbin of history.

You don't get anywhere denigrating consumer rights and saying "why should I care, you don't pay my bills."

They absolutely do pay your bills, but not when your company is a douchecanoe about it.

Almost nobody buys ONLY new or ONLY used.

Most ppl buy a mix of both.

Most ppl lend games to friends.

Most ppl want their games (that they bought new) to have a value, so they can resell them and buy more games.

Without support for "used" games, the new game market becomes alot smaller, the gaming market as a whole becomes smaller, as more and more people don't have the patience for video game company bullschit.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#60 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Not me either
VothicX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 VothicX
Member since 2003 • 1842 Posts

[QUOTE="VothicX"]

[QUOTE="Geminon"] people thinking that big brother is using kinects to watch them in their home is hilarious. wear more tinfoil hats.... you can shut the device completely off, it just has to remain plugged in. get over yourselves.... your lives arent that interesting that ANYONE would want to watch you for ANY reason.MarcRecon

You have the internet, so this comment is without excuse. Except that hopefully you do not know any better. The device in question is not a big brother issue per-say. It's a hacker, crazed employee, data mining, creepy, uncontrollable issue. Perhaps... just perhaps, others know more then you do. Then you come in here with your tin foil hats comment. I can assure you many great professionals have written articles and stories on such things... if you would care to simply research. That is why I will no longer argue such things to someone that clearly has the internet.

And youre wrong. Eveyones lives are more important then you could ever imagine. Thats why data mining DOES exist. These devices WILL attempt to data mine you beyond what your PC currently does. They earn a profit off that, and clearly you and many others are completely oblivious to it. This is a console. Sold to children. So yes. Its creepy as hell.

I like how you simplified that issue with kinect, it's not just about big brother it's about the other SERIOUS issues that are a REAL threat...how can supposed intelligent people down-play that?

It happens all the time. People downplay things for various reasons.

The conversations I had above with (G)... was like a mirror example from the book "1984". The punch line was their response.

On a serious note: Everyone should take internet security seriously. What I said was true. Just because software says something is off, doesnt guarantee it will remain that way. Theres all sorts of deep concerns that I imagine only IT and security professionals would see that the general populace might not. Thats not to say others lack such knowledge or common sense. Though I am amazed how freely people do many things that I opt out of.

At any rate. E3 is just around the corner. I hope Microsoft and Sony gives great presentations; and answers a lot of questions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS to others: Its been a long time since Ive posted on GS. I hope old acquaintances / friends are doing well. For some reason I have the strong urge to play FF7.

#PS4NoDRM #X1NoDRM #ConsolePrivacy

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#62 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

I am. After fully researching it and from what I know, it is not what everybody is making it out to be. Gaming is one of the main priorities. The TV is just an extra feature to it.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts
I'm not sold on it yet :/seanb12398
i might consider buying one if they remove the kinect 2.0 as mandatory and part of the whole "gaming experience" fail thing they're trying to do with it. if they come out with a xbox one that has a bigger hdd and no kinect 2.0, for about $100 less than the kinect 2.0 version and all games will be fully supported, then i will more than likely buy one. if the don't do either of those things, then no way, i absolutely will not buy one.
KD-80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 KD-80
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i'm not interested in kinect nor do i want skype etc so i will not not waste my money on microsoft.

sukraj
See this is what I don't understand about people in general. There is all this uproar about the new Xbox having what they see as pointless apps etc. You do know you don't have to use them right? and you can still play your games?? Microsoft already explained that the first conference was mainly hardware and feature driven and that E3 would be all about the games and gaming, but no people ignores this and acted all peeved when they did not see enough about games. Sony are yet to give full details on were they stand on certain aspects of their console yet thickle people have already made their mind up that it will be better despite them not showing the console, being shady over what they have planned for DRM etc and also only shown game play from one game and the rest were all sequences or tech demo's. I don't trust Sony on their word given their past to be honest what with fake videos they claimed were in game etc and keeping key features secret till release also. Hell some people ranting about the HDD being only 500GB when you have to partially install games to be able to play........................ I'm sorry wasn't PS3 already doing this and with a smaller HDD? Also MS have come out advising they are doing a rethink on the DRM due to feedback after the show so things can still change. Personally I want to see what games are available especially exclusives before I judge fully. I don't mind additional features as most are of little cost as some are already free download apps now. Other than this I can take or leave these features. There is still a pad that can be used to go through your menu's etc. A lot of the features are optional and MS have confirmed you can turn the camera off too now.
KD-80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 KD-80
[QUOTE="seanb12398"]I'm not sold on it yet :/buccomatic
i might consider buying one if they remove the kinect 2.0 as mandatory and part of the whole "gaming experience" fail thing they're trying to do with it. if they come out with a xbox one that has a bigger hdd and no kinect 2.0, for about $100 less than the kinect 2.0 version and all games will be fully supported, then i will more than likely buy one. if the don't do either of those things, then no way, i absolutely will not buy one.

I don't think most games if not all games will require it. They been quoted as saying that mainstream games will support it but that it wont be a "have to use feature" but that it will make for a more involving experience. After all a lot of games will be cross platform, the features for kinect 2.0 will be optional apart from the kinect specific games as they are now. No harm in getting it in the box, after all Sony are doing the same with the new PSEye
KD-80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 KD-80

I am. After fully researching it and from what I know, it is not what everybody is making it out to be. Gaming is one of the main priorities. The TV is just an extra feature to it.

XboxGuy1537
Agreed, Exactly what I try to explain however in some cases you will be explaining this to Sony fanboys and in some cases people who are just too suspicious and so its pointless really. Microsoft should have just waited for E3 and shown everything or done a Sony and kept quiet about features and just spouted about spec and shown some FMV videos or tech demos. Both consoles are of similar specs but Microsoft are know for throwing money at devs to get the best from them. People just ignoring interviews were they state some rumors are not true and that its media driven and also their u-turn on DRM due to public reaction. Seems they are fixing any issues that actually were issues for people however for some its too late even though E3 not even been here yet. I just cant believe the paranoia in this world right now in relation to Kinect and people being spied on etc..... FFS!! The world has gone mad
LAN7ERN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LAN7ERN
Member since 2013 • 352 Posts
I doubt that I will get the Xbox One.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
Buying one without question!!!!
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#69 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I loved what I seen at the reveal. I think it looks like it's going to be an amazing console. I really want to get an Xbox One but I don't know if I'll get one at launch. Once I know what games will be available at launch, I'll make my decision then.

Avatar image for Explosive_Bagel
Explosive_Bagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Explosive_Bagel
Member since 2012 • 153 Posts
I most likely won't. :(
ram192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ram192
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

i'm not interested in kinect, skype. etc

may not buy one, only interested in games, and i do not want kinect......

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#73 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Not me.
DrD3V1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DrD3V1L
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts

I'm not happy about the reveal, but I hope E3 will change my opinion on the Xbox One, I expect to buy both the Xbox One and PS4.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
I for one won't be buying one, but there's always no shortage of people who will actually PAY to have rights taken away from them. Never fails, and they'll do it gladly. I've never seen an industry where the consumer so willingly allows themselves to be continually railroaded by these companies. But hey, no worries. Long have I awaited the day when a company grants me permission to begin enjoying what I pay for.
zaxrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 zaxrider
Member since 2011 • 123 Posts

I don't really get the kinect thing. I mean sure, it may seem quite intimidating at first but don't most devices these days have a front-facing camera? How can you be 100% sure that the front-facing camera on your iPhone isn't monitoring you every time you take out your phone and using your facial expressions, as in reactions to viewed content, as means for targeted advertisements and whatnot?
For those too paranoid, can't you simply cover the thing with a blanket, put a patch over it or even place a  leaden brick in front of it because infra-red scanners and stuff? Or will the machine be like "Not going to work at all unless I can get a clear picture of you."?

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts
It all depends on price.
Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

im not sure ill have to wait and see....

Avatar image for djshowstopper87
djshowstopper87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 djshowstopper87
Member since 2012 • 417 Posts

I will wait until E3 but as of right now NO. I am really leaning towards the ps4 and I am a 360 user.

maheo30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 maheo30
Member since 2006 • 5102 Posts
I'm not sure whether I'll buy one or not. I'm only buying one system. I have no need for both of them. I'll wait for 5-6 months after launch. By then I'll have a better idea about which system fits best for me. Games are what matters to me. If the XBone has better games then I'm buying it over the PS4.
brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#81 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6085 Posts

Put One aside for me.:).

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ShaineTheNerd
Nice pun, man! Very nice. I applaud.
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

I don't get how some people here understand things, but when your console is on, the Kinect MUST be on too, or you can't access the OS at all. The only thing that was said about the "privacy" problem is that the SYSTEM can be put in sleep mode, and then the Kinect won't see you ... but then you can't play games or watch anything! And if you unplug the Kinect, you'll get a message informing you that it is unplugged and you can't do anything.

Bennieboii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Bennieboii
I have started saving up but not sure at this point, I need to see more game play and more reviews on it first
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ShaineTheNerd

I don't get how some people here understand things, but when your console is on, the Kinect MUST be on too, or you can't access the OS at all. The only thing that was said about the "privacy" problem is that the SYSTEM can be put in sleep mode, and then the Kinect won't see you ... but then you can't play games or watch anything! And if you unplug the Kinect, you'll get a message informing you that it is unplugged and you can't do anything.

TheTenth10
There's a way to turn off your Kinect from being on and still game/watch TV/etc. I can't remember who said it -- I'm thinking Larry Hyrb (Major Nelson).
elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
Not sold on it yet, as a matter of fact I might buy the competition's first and wait till spring for my one, if MS sells me up on it. Too many rumors and shady statements from MS, gotta wait till E3 and Launch day to see if it fits my needs. besides my brother had his 360 replaced 7 times since launch, so I am gonna wait and see.
Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#87 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts
i already have a TV remote, i honestly don't need another......
iMiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 iMiner
Even though the Xbox One will probably suck,I'm still going to get it for sure.I want to because I've had The Xbox since it all started,to when it was the original first Xbox to the Xbox 360,I love to see things grow and improve.I just have that deep deep feeling about the Xbox.The look of the new Xbox is awesome.Remember the First Xbox?Yeah not so shabby.So yeah I'm for sure getting it. :)
jrorl63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 jrorl63
Member since 2003 • 723 Posts
Prolly gonna be switching back to playstation next gen
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

$299 (not likely) then yes, on launch day. $399, maybe during tax return next February. $499 or so and I'm waiting a few years.

Though, if there are significant Rare IPs at launch I could be convinced to do $399 earlier.

Zombie_Slayerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Zombie_Slayerr
I'm going to be watching E3 which is important, during that time, I'll be seeing what Microsoft will be saying and announcing about the XBOX One. If it goes well,(Probably not) I'll be getting an XBOX One, but it doesn't look like they will do well in E3.
jts1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 jts1891
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts
I'm undecided. While the features displayed during the reveal were impressive, I personally found the multimedia focus of the event to be a slap in the face. That said, I can forgive them for slipping up on PR if they redeem themselves during E3. On the other hand, I'm less than impressed with the Kinect requirement and their claims about the Cloud. The Kinect was, by and large, a failure. Pushing up the price of the console to force a flop like that on us was a bad move. As for the Cloud, their outrageous claims are ridiculous. The latency and bandwidth issues pretty much destroy the possibility of it being used by developers. After all, who would buy a game that drops in quality if your internet connection sucks, like the majority of people in America?
vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

Not yet...not until all the cards are out on the table. I have to admit the ps3 has outclassed the 360 as far as games go this gen.

If those xbox one games at e3 aren't good, I don't think I would interested in xbox one. I want more AAA titles like halo/gears...

So PS4 has the edge atm I guess since they're proven in offering better games...atm anyway...

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#94 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
As with everyone else, I'm waiting to see what hand they deal at E3. I'm interested to see these 17 exclusive games they promised, especially the new IP's as well as Rare's returning IP. But right now I'd say I'm leaning over to PS4.
TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

Right now Im sort of turned off by a couple of the features but I still think I might get it.  It feels like it will come down to how much are games going to be and will sony do the same for there used games 

leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts

It's not that the PS4 outperforms the Xbone, it's just not worth all the hassle that comes with it.

• I'm certain the always online aspect won't bother me 95% of the time, however the PS4 won't bother me 100% of the time.
  • I don't swap games with friends on a weekly basis or much as at all so it will only inconvienance me slightly however the PS4 won't bother me at all.
  • I don't buy/sell used games much but when I do, I want to be able to use other channels that might be more convient for me. 

The problem isn't that these policies are game-breaking, it's just that the direct alternative (PS4), doesn't have any of these issues which shouldn't be there in the first place. So given that both companies haven't really shown exclusives, I can't see why anyone would want to go with the XBOX at this point in time. 

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

It's not that the PS4 outperforms the Xbone, it's just not worth all the hassle that comes with it.

• I'm certain the always online aspect won't bother me 95% of the time, however the PS4 won't bother me 100% of the time.
  • I don't swap games with friends on a weekly basis or much as at all so it will only inconvienance me slightly however the PS4 won't bother me at all.
  • I don't buy/sell used games much but when I do, I want to be able to use other channels that might be more convient for me. 

The problem isn't that these policies are game-breaking, it's just that the direct alternative (PS4), doesn't have any of these issues which shouldn't be there in the first place. So given that both companies haven't really shown exclusives, I can't see why anyone would want to go with the XBOX at this point in time. 

leonhead

Good point. 

There's other ramifications that many people aren't going to see right off the bat.  Things such as:

1) Parent's/people who don't have a wireless router.  If your XB-One is in a different room...you're going to have to move it once a day to check in.  They're going to have to buy a wireless router if they want a "solution" for that.

2)  Soldiers.  Can't take this system overseas anymore to play on their off-time.  I know from experience, a good game can help pass the time when you're deployed, away from home, or just stationed in another country with nothing to do at times.

3)  People out in rural areas.  While the number probably isn't "huge," there are some people out where it's 56k or pay up for relatively slow satelite.  If you want over 3 Mbps speeds over satelite, you're going to pay more than just the base entry level prices.

There's going to be other issues for other people as well.  Microsoft has said that they've got some exclusives coming up, but is that going to be enough to justify possible "additional" expenses for many people? Like Leonhead said, I don't think many of the above are going to buy into that when hardware like the PS4 will get them around those type of issues. 

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts
[QUOTE="buccomatic"][QUOTE="seanb12398"]I'm not sold on it yet :/KD-80

I don't think most games if not all games will require it. They been quoted as saying that mainstream games will support it but that it wont be a "have to use feature" but that it will make for a more involving experience. After all a lot of games will be cross platform, the features for kinect 2.0 will be optional apart from the kinect specific games as they are now. No harm in getting it in the box, after all Sony are doing the same with the new PSEye

it doesn't matter because including kinect 2.0 drives up the price by $100-$150 and i can't unhook it completely either. it will have a part in nearly all xbox one's games gameplay and i HATE kinect already (just like most everyone else that owns a xbox360). so it's a fail no matter what.
vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

leonhead

As far you go It's not an issue if you get the xbone. But for large amount of people on the the other hand It might not be ideal.

I guess everyones different & maybe the xbone will be better suited towards you...But I think you've only listed the points which concern you & your gaming situation...not the vast majorirty (which is fair enough). I guess everyone is different & has different expectations...mine more AAA titles other than Halo & Gears.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#100 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Gaming is one of the main priorities. The TV is just an extra feature to it.

XboxGuy1537
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Wow! Really? Gaming is a main priority & yet all we got at the reveal was about 10-15mis of Call of Duty & the rest was about TV. You crack me up.