Whats better, GTA4 or Saints Row (1 and 2)???

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mars25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Mars25
Member since 2008 • 1103 Posts

What game is better on Single player (GTA 4 LOL), whats better online?

Feel free to argue =]

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Saints Row is a joke

GTA IV knocks it out of the park...the only reason anyone played Saints Row was to ease the wait for the next GTA game
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
SR2 will have a bad story more than likely but it looks like it'll be pretty addictive just going on rampages. That's where in my opinion it'll probably beat GTA4 because it's less realistic unlike GTA4. GTA4's story will probably be tons better as for online no idea.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
i must say i had fun with SR but GTA4 is miles ahead of it in terms of everything, Graphics, gameplay, story, online all of that so the choice is easy
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
saints row is beter overall but i like the hollywood quality that gta has
Merc009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Merc009
Member since 2007 • 2620 Posts
I find the online in saints row WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better and longer lasting than GTA4 when you win games you get money and dress whowever you want you can dress like a rocker, hitman, or just simply wear a pair of boxers, instead of spending 7 hrs to level up just to get a whole bunch of lames weaters you cant even wear a shirt in GTA WTF ????
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
GTA4
g8rs_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 g8rs_fan
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
I never liked the controls of GTA until GTA4. Saints Row is better than the old GTA games, but it's close between GTA4 and Saints Row. I agree with Merc009 - online was way better in SR. (after they patched it). I think SR2 will be a great game. I think the two will be very close in my eyes.
bijankarim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bijankarim
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts
Off course GTA IV. Only reason people played SR was playing a next gen GTA. But now we have GTA IV.(better with evrything
slim-pagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 slim-pagey
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts
GTAIV is teh bestest, it pwns SR1 n will probs pwn SR2, but i will still buyz teh SR2
MrMjolnir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrMjolnir
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts
I haven't played GTA4 (give me a break, money's short) but I've played Saints Row. Although Saints Row is a fun game, I know without a doubt GTA4 is a better game. No sandbox type game can compare to the GTAs.
Diehardgames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Diehardgames2
Member since 2007 • 1018 Posts
GTA 4 beats SR's butt, sets it on fire and then pisses on its ashes. GTA 4 is much better than Saints Row and will probably always be better.
balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts

I like GTA4 a lot better but Saints Row is a good game too. GTA4 has that experience behind it and the city is alive. Saints row is the first and I give props to the devs because it was a good game for their first one. I look forward to playing Saints row 2, if I finish GTA4 by then. I think both games have their ups and you will enjoy both of them. If you can play both, if not, right now I would say GTA4.

MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#14 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts
i enjoyed saints row's gameplay a lot more than i did GTAIV. Saints Row actually made me want to finish the game and GTAIV has pretty much just been played on and off since i got it in late april. Flame me all you want but GTAIV is just GTAIII with modern graphics, all the innovations that the other 2 brought are gone. Its a good game, but its nowhere near as fun as Vice City or San Andreas.
russian4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 russian4life
Member since 2006 • 436 Posts
I did not like SR 1 online, so i would say that GTA IV is much better
Lord_Tik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lord_Tik
Member since 2002 • 888 Posts
As for both being rated "M", GTA seems more mature and geared for adults. Saint's Row just looks immature and a blantant copy of the GTA series.
jedbaldoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jedbaldoni
Member since 2007 • 440 Posts
yea saints row is terrible
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
GTA IV's multiplayer is great, I didn't care too much about Saints Row multiplayer(but single player is good), I hope Saints Row 2 can make up for the 1st one.
Cowing30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cowing30
Member since 2007 • 450 Posts

I find the online in saints row WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better and longer lasting than GTA4 when you win games you get money and dress whowever you want you can dress like a rocker, hitman, or just simply wear a pair of boxers, instead of spending 7 hrs to level up just to get a whole bunch of lames weaters you cant even wear a shirt in GTA WTF ????Merc009

i agree the character customization was much better in SR. however the mp on the original SR was practically unplayable with the lag and just not funness and gta 4 has decent mp. i have faith in SR2 to have a better mp and i loved the first one so we will see. it wont have as good of a story though.

unsunggates360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 unsunggates360
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts

Come on! GTA 4 had one the most compelling storylines that I've ever had the pleasure of playing(*cough* better than Final Fantasy*cough*)Of course saints row 2 should derive some ideas from GTA(i.e the cell phone and friends) as well as fix some the flaws of the original so it could possibly be as good as GTA4.Better than GTA4?That's simply inconcievable!

gladi8or19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gladi8or19
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

Saints Row is a joke

GTA IV knocks it out of the park...the only reason anyone played Saints Row was to ease the wait for the next GTA game
Toriko42

Saints Row was definetly a joke.... i played that game for like 1 day of the 5 i had to play when i rented it.... i couldnt bare it... the game is nothing compared to GTA4, they had better improve it for SR2 if they want to be even compared to GTA4

Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
I don't know why some people really like saints row, I spent so much more time on each GTA game individually more than Saints Row. I dont know what it is, it's just it always seemed a tacky, gimicky GTA clone that wasn't up to scratch compared to GTA. I did like the sort of cell shaded look it had, but I will always prefer GTA, thats just me.
gladi8or19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gladi8or19
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
ive seen a few Saints Row2 vids, and it looks like it could be pretty good actually... ALOT more Weapons... i dont know how big the map is... i hope the driving mech is alot better than the first... and u can fly helecopters AND PLANES... it will be a rental... hopefully its not just the same game with more weapons...
EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#24 EnigManic
Member since 2008 • 1804 Posts

If you're primarily interested in better graphics, go with GTA4.

If you want more bang for your buck, stick to Saints Row and Saints Row 2 when it comes out.

The Saints Row games offer more diverse activities in addition to the story missions, more weapons and vehicles and you get to create your character.

SR2 offers:

new activities in addition to the best ones from SR1

new vehicles, including speedboats, jet skis, monster trucks, helicopters and planes

Full customization. You set up your character's gender, appearance, voice, walking gait and fighting style. Plus, you can fully customize your vehicles and cribs.

As for the haters who flame Saints Row's story, have you even played the game or read the previews for SR2?

SR2 is a direct sequel, the protagonist is supposed to be the same person from the first game. Your gang betrayed you and tried to kill you. After spending ten years in a coma and having your body surgically reconstructed, you return to Stillwater to track them down and get revenge.

Avatar image for _Classic_Gamer_
_Classic_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _Classic_Gamer_
Member since 2007 • 4776 Posts
Saints Row 1 & 2
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
GTA IV is superior in every single way. Saints Row's a joke.
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jknight5422
Member since 2003 • 1992 Posts
A newer game with a high review always trumps an older, similar game. A better comparison will be when Saints Row 2 is released. We should try to answer that question on SR2's release, since nobody really knows if it's going to be good.
EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EnigManic

GTA IV is superior in every single way. Saints Row's a joke.BioShockOwnz

That is a well-thought out response. Could you ellaborate on your opinion?

EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EnigManic

A newer game with a high review always trumps an older, similar game. A better comparison will be when Saints Row 2 is released. We should try to answer that question on SR2's release, since nobody really knows if it's going to be good.jknight5422

In general, I agree that you can't really know how good a game is until you play it. But with all the available information, we already know that SR2 has a lot more content and features than GTA4. We've also seen enough screenshots to decide independantly whether we prefer the dark and gritty textures of GTA4 or the cleaner, brighter look of SR2.

That being said, even if (hypothetically) SR2 turned out to be glitchy and to have poor gameplay, I would still buy it for everything you can do. C'mon, totally creating your own character, tweaking virtually every aspect of him/her, customizing your cribs and vehicles, plenty of weaopons and vehicles, co-op online play.. what more could you ask for?

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

Saints Row 2 is going to be better then GTA 4. Heck, SR 1 is better then GTA 4.

Fact is GTA4 is the worst of the 3d GTA games. Less to do in the city and a worse story (sure the storytelling is good but the story itself is not).

I could off all day on how much I don't like GTA 4 (and I am a huge GTA fan) but it's not even worth it.

Diehardgames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Diehardgames2

Fact is GTA4 is the worst of the 3d GTA games. Less to do in the city and a worse story (sure the storytelling is good but the story itself is not).

I could off all day on how much I don't like GTA 4 (and I am a huge GTA fan) but it's not even worth it.

limpbizkit818

Saints Row 1 was definately not better than GTA 4, bored the heck out of me and judging by most eplies I've seen, out of everyone else as well. The graphics weren't too good, it was pretty boring and the car handling was a pain in the neck.

I do agree that the storyline is a bit repetitive but less to do in the city? You're kidding, right? There are tons to do in Liberty City, maybe you haven't looked around the city as much or you haven't played it long enough because you don't like the game.

_Classic_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 _Classic_Gamer_
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Diehardgames2

Saints Row 1 was definately not better than GTA 4, bored the heck out of me and judging by most eplies I've seen, out of everyone else as well. The graphics weren't too good, it was pretty boring and the car handling was a pain in the neck.

I do agree that the storyline is a bit repetitive but less to do in the city? You're kidding, right? There are tons to do in Liberty City, maybe you haven't looked around the city as much or you haven't played it long enough because you don't like the game.

If you thought the car handling in Saints Row was bad, I can only imagine how terrible you thought the car handling in GTA IV was.

Avatar image for HeroxOfxThexDay
HeroxOfxThexDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HeroxOfxThexDay
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts
Saints row owned it for two days, got to 5% and gave it back... gta4 = one of the best games ive had on my xbox
ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
GTA IV.
skandalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 skandalous
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Turns out they are both good. I think Saints Row helped to improve the Grand Theft Auto series and that alone makes it a great game. Still can't get high in GTA so Saints has a special place in my heart.
penguindapimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 penguindapimp
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
GTA IV in both catagories. GTA is just perfect that Saints Row can't even compare to it. I'm not saying that Saints Row is a bad game it just doesn't match up with GTA.
penguindapimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 penguindapimp
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
GTA IV in both catagories. GTA is just perfect that Saints Row can't even compare to it. I'm not saying that Saints Row isn't a bad game it just doesn't match up with GTA.
Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
Saints Row is better than GTA IV for single player. Multiplayer is better on GTA, although they both suck online.
_Classic_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 _Classic_Gamer_
I actually loved playing online in Saints Row and I can't wait to jump into online in Saints Row 2.
Diehardgames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Diehardgames2
If you thought the car handling in Saints Row was bad, I can only imagine how terrible you thought the car handling in GTA IV was._Classic_Gamer_

I found the car handling in GTA IV quite good. More satisfying to preform a power slide round a corner. :P

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Diehardgames2

Please tell me what there is to do in LC after you beat the game. Have you played San Andreas?

Silosorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Silosorz
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts
GTA4 by far. SR was a good filler between San Andreas and GTA4 though.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#44 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

I love Free Roaming games, but I have never found GTA all that great.

I do however find Saint's Row a lot of fun. Is it my favorite free roaming game? No I don't think so, but it is still a ton of fun.

Way too many people have just ignored it calling it a "GTA clone", but I think it deserves just as much respect as GTA gets.

SR2 looks like it might actually have a deeper story than the original which will only add more fuel to the Saint's Row train.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

Since when did we play gta style games for the story?

What made me spend countless hours on gta3,vc and san andreas was its gameplay. All the things you could do. Sandbox game.

Gta 4 was a step down compared to san andreas in terms of a sandbox game. I havent played saints row, but if it has more things for you to play around with in the gameworld, then sign me up for saints row 2 :)

Avatar image for uconnhuskies050
uconnhuskies050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 uconnhuskies050
Member since 2007 • 643 Posts
I don't give a flying **** about all the hype around GTAIV. I love it, but the thing is, I completed Saints Row and loved it. They're actually different, hard as that may be to believe. Saints Row 2 looks to have tons of crazy over the top activities, and based on fun factor alone, sandbox gamers should drop the fanboyism and and check it out. Saying Saints Row is a joke is just not fair. If you don't like it, that's your thing but there's no way you can honestly tell me you have a raging unbiased hate for Saints Row based solely on the game itself and yet still arouse yourself at the thought of GTAIV.
Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
saints row 1 whips gta4. i hated that realistic garbage that gta4 was. i loved every other gta cause they were unrealistic, they abandoned that and they blew it. plus i love the aiming system on saints row. the multiplayer was so much better on saints row. i love the customization options which you cant do on gta4. i cant wait for saints row 2, it'll be way more fun than gta4.
megamanzero32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 megamanzero32
Member since 2005 • 1234 Posts
SR2 looks pretty good to me. I liked GTA4, but I got bored with all the "realism". Hey, that's just me though. I missed the good old days, where we all used to run down the street with chainsaws, and Katanas. -starts playing Cry me a River in the background-
Cilindro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cilindro
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts
GTA 4 RULES!!!

MrNib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#50 MrNib
Member since 2004 • 1731 Posts

Saints Row 2 looks promising as it is being released for the pc, and pc=mods and mods=more fun

But i realy havent played any of the games, Im only going by announcements and 5 minute a.d.d. runs(SR and GTA4)