What Do You Think About The Force Unleashed Demo?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts
I searched the first few pages and saw nothing about it so I posted this. Ok first of all I liked the demo the gameplay was great but with one major flaw, no blood. If you hit someone with your lightsaber there is no sign that you are actually damaging him, not one drop of blood, not even a scorch mark. I think besides that one flaw theres not really anything else that bothered me, what about you guys?
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Yeah no blood was weird but it didn't bother me. I replayed the demo like four times in a row. It's a must buy for me as long as it has a good sized campaign or reason to replay it.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
it seems pretty fun with the powers that they give you... i have to see how long the game is and how many more powers there are before I consider a purchase...
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 julianwelton

Yeah no blood was weird but it didn't bother me. I replayed the demo like four times in a row. It's a must buy for me as long as it has a good sized campaign or reason to replay it.craigalan23

Yeah I played it three times in a row and then let my younger brother play it twice.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 craigalan23

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]Yeah no blood was weird but it didn't bother me. I replayed the demo like four times in a row. It's a must buy for me as long as it has a good sized campaign or reason to replay it.julianwelton

Yeah I played it three times in a row and then let my younger brother play it twice.

Heh i'd never let anyone touch my xbox 360 lol. I can't wait to see what the full game has to offer.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
i think its a good game, the target system thing could b better, but still its really fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 105506
Member since 2004 • 5285 Posts
I'll buy it. I hate star wars but this one is great.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 craigalan23

I'll buy it. I hate star wars but this one is great.105506

Just for that the Star war kid's gonna beat you up ;).

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

I searched the first few pages and saw nothing about it so I posted this. Ok first of all I liked the demo the gameplay was great but with one major flaw, no blood. If you hit someone with your lightsaber there is no sign that you are actually damaging him, not one drop of blood, not even a scorch mark. I think besides that one flaw theres not really anything else that bothered me, what about you guys?julianwelton

Umm I posted something like this about 11 hours ago that had it's last post about 6 hours ago. Here's the link: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26557713

But hey that's cool.

The demo was great, and I can't wait to get the full game and play it many times. I think that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed seems like a totally different game from any other game that I have ever played as it is very unique and it is a Star Wars game which helps alot, also the graphics and sound are great and done very nicely and the controls are great and the gameplay is alot of fun.

anubis8515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anubis8515
Member since 2003 • 780 Posts

I did not play too much in to because, i got stuck on the walker. Could not beat it. But had fun on all the other parts i played though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fed5d6752eef
deactivated-5fed5d6752eef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5fed5d6752eef
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think it's going to be pretty good, I liked the demo but with fable 2 only a month away from its release and then gears 2 like two weeks later I don't think I could handle having three games at once. It makes it too hard to decide what to play and you end up playng nothing. I'd love to get it if it was already released, that way I'd have time to play it since there's nothing to play right now.
Avatar image for uconnhuskies050
uconnhuskies050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uconnhuskies050
Member since 2007 • 643 Posts

If I had a nickle for every time I saw one of these threads...Guiltfeeder566

If I had a nickel for every time I saw someone spell nickel wrong...JK. I agree, there have been about a million of these threads.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fed5d6752eef
deactivated-5fed5d6752eef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5fed5d6752eef
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
The walker is the end of the demo, you have to kind of walk up to it and initiate a God of War type button sequence. Then it's over. too short.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
i loved the demo. i might buy it depending on how long it is and how many more abilities there r.
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

I searched the first few pages and saw nothing about it so I posted this.julianwelton

there's like 2 other topics about it right on the front page...

oh well, it was ok, I may rent it.

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

it was great im definetly buying it.

Civfan333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Civfan333
Member since 2007 • 334 Posts
it was great, a definite buy
Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts

The walker is the end of the demo, you have to kind of walk up to it and initiate a God of War type button sequence. Then it's over. too short.incubeezer

Well, in its defense, it is just a demo.

skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#20 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts
i liked it very much. there is no blood in this game. it is rated T for Teen. i like how the light saber leaves marks on the walls though! :)
Avatar image for TIE_Elite_Pilot
TIE_Elite_Pilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TIE_Elite_Pilot
Member since 2004 • 829 Posts
I loved it. oh and there wouldn't be blood from a lightsaber wound, the blade cauterizes as it cuts, hence why blood wasn't spewing from Lukes wrist at the end of Empire. It would be nice if the occasional hand or arm went flying, as Jedi Outcast had that. Day One purcahse fo sho.
Avatar image for ItalianSta11ion
ItalianSta11ion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ItalianSta11ion
Member since 2004 • 1893 Posts
im all about my star wars games... and this one is gonna get pre ordered real soon . the demo was dope i love the new technologies being showcased in this game. oh and to the OP- theres not supposed to be blood dude it wouldnt be true to the movies watch any lightsaber battle and plenty of limbs fly and no one EVER bleeds a drop... gotta stay true to the lisence bro ;)
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 julianwelton
I loved it. oh and there wouldn't be blood from a lightsaber wound, the blade cauterizes as it cuts, hence why blood wasn't spewing from Lukes wrist at the end of Empire. It would be nice if the occasional hand or arm went flying, as Jedi Outcast had that. Day One purcahse fo sho.TIE_Elite_Pilot
Thats true, but its just kind of annoying not seeing any sign of damage after you've hit someone with your lightsaber several times. I forgot about the cauterization (spelling?), but still I would like to see scorch marks or maybe a severed limb or two.
Zephgaldarien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zephgaldarien
Member since 2008 • 210 Posts
I thought the demo was good. I liked the combat somewhat. I just really didn't like how you stopped when blocking with the lightsaber and how you stopped to throw objects. When I went to throw something I was always left as an open target. I think I am going to rent or wait for a price drop.
Daxol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Daxol
Member since 2006 • 107 Posts
Well, no blood is obvious, lightsaber cauterizes the wounds, but hell, no arms, heads, legs flying? That's not logical, not at all. I hope a patch is released.
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 julianwelton

Well, no blood is obvious, lightsaber cauterizes the wounds, but hell, no arms, heads, legs flying? That's not logical, not at all. I hope a patch is released. Daxol

That would be a hell of a patch, I don't see them doing that.

kc666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kc666
Member since 2003 • 102 Posts
1) its better on the 360 imo 2) targeting system SUCKS big time ... no, really SUCKS 3) ... no next target command ... ?!?!?!? 4) so its damn hard to beat the demo on the hardest difficulty, and I never feel that I'm in total control of my character
5) ... and it's supposed to be The Force Unleashed ... isn't it ... 6) I would call it The Force Limited thus far, hope they'll fix it in some patch or smth ... ... I'm a bit disappointed ... and the controls are not as tight as I would expect, not nearly as refined as DMC4 or NG2
jason2guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29 jason2guy
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts
It was awesome! A must buy for all Star Wars fans! Although the demo was way too short...
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
It was fun. It will be worth a rent and a play-through for me.
Sgt_Politeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sgt_Politeness
Member since 2008 • 276 Posts

I wish we got to see scorch marks on people the way you see them on walls, doors, droids, and almost everything else. But that's a minor quibble. I have to say, the targeting system was pretty good, unless I wanted to grab something that wasn't level with me. For example, I always have a frustrating time trying to grab the TIE fighters from the ceiling.

But I think I like it.

dark_mask_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 dark_mask_91
Member since 2007 • 3004 Posts
I thought the demo was amazing so it's a must buy for me.
Syrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Syrenz
Member since 2008 • 766 Posts
Personally I loved the demo, the reason there is no blood imo is for the same reason there is no blood in the movies. The way the lightsaber works is that it cuts through anything but it's so hot that it burns the skin together (i.e. you have a cut-off arm then you take an iron and put it on the wound, no blood). That's my opinion.
neonraisin108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 neonraisin108
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I liked it. There were only two flaws: The targeting system for Force Grip was a tad inaccurate, but hey, it's probably as g as those things can be. And the button-prompt sequence for the chicken walker was a little jarring: The first button it wanted you to press was X, and since it had no health at that point I was already mashing X, so then it went immediately to the A prompt, which was like WTF the first time, but nailed it second time. Other than that, great, great demo. I played it thrice. :D
PdPstyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#35 PdPstyle
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts

I loved the game, the targeting system was a little frustrating at times but other than that I felt like a wrecking ball!

@ Kc666: the hardest difficulty *sith lord* is supposed to be hard. Its almost like legendary on halo or expert on Guitar Hero. Its meant to be challenging:) I wonder what the unlock mode will be like?

neonraisin108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 neonraisin108
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Yeah, lightsabers char the wounds, so no blood can escape.
ostiaboricua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 ostiaboricua
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Lightsaber burns doesn't cut thats why you dont see blood :shock:
xInjectionx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xInjectionx
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts
that game owns i defiantly got to buy this game
maccer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 maccer101
Member since 2005 • 4257 Posts
I really enjoyed it once I got used to the controls, gonna pick this up on release day.
ZeRoIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ZeRoIV
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts

I really would have loved to play the Demo alot of good feedback but my harddrive broke 4 months ago and well my MU cant download :x

But I can wait til it comes out SEPTIEMBRE 17 FOR ME

Rior_snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rior_snake
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

im all about my star wars games... and this one is gonna get pre ordered real soon . the demo was dope i love the new technologies being showcased in this game. oh and to the OP- theres not supposed to be blood dude it wouldnt be true to the movies watch any lightsaber battle and plenty of limbs fly and no one EVER bleeds a drop... gotta stay true to the lisence bro ;)ItalianSta11ion

darth maul bleeds when obi wan cuts him in half. but other than that youre right :) cheers

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 julianwelton

I loved the game, the targeting system was a little frustrating at times but other than that I felt like a wrecking ball!

@ Kc666: the hardest difficulty *sith lord* is supposed to be hard. Its almost like legendary on halo or expert on Guitar Hero. Its meant to be challenging:) I wonder what the unlock mode will be like?

PdPstyle

Sith Lord wasn't even the hardest difficulty, if you noticed there was another locked difficulty.

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 julianwelton

Lightsaber burns doesn't cut thats why you dont see blood :shock:ostiaboricua

Uh yes Lightsabers do cut, have you seen any of the movies?

Dogboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 Dogboywonder
Member since 2008 • 1339 Posts
The demo was great!
Arch_xEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 Arch_xEagle
Member since 2008 • 54 Posts
I thought it was great i wonder if u get to fight like yoda at the end that would awsome
rrandolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rrandolph
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts

Well it seems that everyone likes this 1. Interesting, may be a first here; but anyway I enjoyed the demo as well. I first buy purchase for me. After I picked one of the stormtroppers up and threw my lightsaber in his chest I was hooked. This game makes you so powerful. Wow.

marcod1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#47 marcod1
Member since 2006 • 268 Posts

If I had a nickle for every time I saw one of these threads...Guiltfeeder566

If i had a nickel for everyone that says "If I had a nickle for every time I saw one of these threads..

ash918273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ash918273
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
it was good although i can see it being a game that will get either really boring or very frustrating
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 julianwelton

it was good although i can see it being a game that will get either really boring or very frustratingash918273

Well I don't see this game getting really frustrating because of how powerfull they make you, but if you are talking about the super difficulties then yes I can see it getting frustrating, maybe.

Fatality4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#50 Fatality4u
Member since 2003 • 3289 Posts
My biggest concern is that the controls felt kind of clunky. Fun though to chuck stormtroops across rooms and into chasms.