*The Official NXE Fall Dashboard Update Thread* 11/19/08!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

henriktx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 henriktx
Member since 2004 • 1445 Posts

So there have been many threads going around the forums and alot of questions about the new update so all the features, pics etc will be in here. As more information is revealed I will post it on here

Pics

The Release DATE

November 19, 2008

Pictures of Themes and Friends in the New Update

Leaked Video of the New Update

PAX '08 Demo

Good Video of Avatars

The New Features

· Play from hard drive. Copy your games from the game disc and play directly from the hard drive. Not only will the drive not spin, but load times are quicker, as well. Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.

· Access Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web. Browse and purchase Marketplace content whenever you want from Xbox.com and it downloads automatically to your console. Purchase that new map, television episode, the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade game or set up a movie to watch when you get home from work.

· Dashboard built into the new Xbox Guide. For everyone who loves the blades interface, it's not going away; they are now built directly in to the new Xbox guide. Every feature and option is available right from the guide. You can even access your full games library at all times. No matter where you are (in dash or in game), immediately call up your games played list and directly launch a game.

· LIVE Party system. Create a party of up to eight friends, and stay with them from one game to another, or watch a Netflix movie together, or share a slideshow of your personal photos. It works with all Xbox 360 titles, not just upcoming games. LIVE Party allows up to eight people to chat in the dashboard, so you can meet up before playing.

· Xbox LIVE Primetime. This whole new category of games is going to give you more reasons to get online with your friends. Games will support everything you'd expect, like Achievements and leader boards, but many of these games will include real prizes. You can invite your friends, and even set a reminder for an upcoming show. Each game is broadcast simultaneously, so everyone is answering the same questions. Many events will have a live host, calling the shots as they happen.

· Avatars. Your online identity started as a Gamertag - it then grew into a personalized Gamercard. Now, it has evolved even further into avatars. You can express your self, check out new outfits and share this with the community. Avatars will also be integrated into Xbox LIVE Arcade games, LIVE Party, as well as retail games.

During microsoft's recent Gamefest event, Xbox Live GM Eric Kilgore confirmed that developers will be able to incorporate the new Xbox Live Avatars into their games. Be that as it may, Kilgore stressed that at first, only games rated E10+ will be able to make use of the Avatars.

"We are still developing the final policies," said Kilgore. "The final guide we have this year is to think of them in an 'E10' context. That doesn't mean it won't change – but this Fall they won't be able to blow each other's heads off."

Kilgore also revealed that in-game Avatars can either be full 3D models or 2D images, although dialogue between Microsoft and game developers is still in the early stages. Kilgore also conceded that Microsoft has yet to fully flesh out other aspects of the new system such as how to handle multiple Avatars.- Thanks hrah

Achievements can also unlock you new clothing.

They Are OPTIONAL!- If you would like you may still use the gamerpics that you have already purchased.

· New display support. Because you asked for it, we are adding 16X10 over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.

·Your Themes & Gamerpics Will Work! They will be integrated in the new update. Themes will work as usual and gamerpics are like your public gamerpics that you have now.

·This update will be free. via Xbox Live or Xbox.com.

· And no the new layout is not optional.

· Hurray!!- You can delete any game in your played games profile as long as it has 0 gamerscore

EDIT: Added NXE to thread title - Aspro 

Making_Pudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Making_Pudding
Member since 2008 • 518 Posts
I'm so hyped for this update, it's not even funny. :D
henriktx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 henriktx
Yeah same here. Some people dont like the new interface but I think its alot more clean then the other one.
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
very nice overview, someone sticky this!
Bitties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Bitties
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts
This is definitely gonna be excellent. A massive change all in one update!
Avatar image for The_Dark_Jester
The_Dark_Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 The_Dark_Jester
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
Very nice thread. Hopefully it will get stickied. Also I cannot wait for this update too. Only downside is I will have to buy a new HDD...
hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hrah
Member since 2003 • 1375 Posts

Let me add this..

ADDED TO THE POST ABOVE

henriktx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 henriktx
Thanks for the info ill put that in.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
Cool it will take a little while to get use to but I like it 8 people in a chat awsome
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
i just hope the fall update, won't come toooo late as i would like it as soon as possible! i am really looking forward to the new look and the 8 person chat, thats pretty much it, all else r great but not into it, mayb when i'm super bored lol
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gta4_2112
Very nice thread. Hopefully it will get stickied. Also I cannot wait for this update too. Only downside is I will have to buy a new HDD...The_Dark_Jester
Why do you have to buy a new HDD
Avatar image for nofriekinlemons
nofriekinlemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nofriekinlemons
Member since 2008 • 1392 Posts
the interface is fine but the avaters is what is pissing me off because its childish if i wanted something like this i would have played my wii which i haven't in god knows how long
henriktx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 henriktx

[QUOTE="The_Dark_Jester"]Very nice thread. Hopefully it will get stickied. Also I cannot wait for this update too. Only downside is I will have to buy a new HDD...gta4_2112

Hes talking about putting the games on the HardDrive. Which is not maditory it is optional.

Avatar image for blackknight1191
blackknight1191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blackknight1191
Member since 2008 • 55 Posts
dude, the 8 person chat will be amazing. avatars look lame, dont have a hdtv to worry about any hd stuff. all in all i hope the clean interface is nice, xbox live primetime might get interesting, disk to hard drive is another reason to fill up my 20 gig..... great
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gta4_2112

[QUOTE="gta4_2112"][QUOTE="The_Dark_Jester"]Very nice thread. Hopefully it will get stickied. Also I cannot wait for this update too. Only downside is I will have to buy a new HDD...henriktx

Hes talking about putting the games on the HardDrive. Which is not maditory it is optional.

Oh well its cool that we will be able to do that
henriktx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 henriktx
[QUOTE="henriktx"]

[QUOTE="gta4_2112"][QUOTE="The_Dark_Jester"]Very nice thread. Hopefully it will get stickied. Also I cannot wait for this update too. Only downside is I will have to buy a new HDD...gta4_2112

Yeah it is BUT you do have to have the cd in the disk tray.

MeG4tRoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MeG4tRoN
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts
I hope they refund my money spent on themes and gamerpics.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gta4_2112
[QUOTE="gta4_2112"][QUOTE="henriktx"]

[QUOTE="gta4_2112"][QUOTE="The_Dark_Jester"]Very nice thread. Hopefully it will get stickied. Also I cannot wait for this update too. Only downside is I will have to buy a new HDD...henriktx

Yeah it is BUT you do have to have the cd in the disk tray.

Yea but its still cool but my favorite is the 8 people chat
Brmarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Brmarlin
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
I just want the 8-Player Private Chat.
broqz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 broqz
Member since 2003 • 773 Posts

please for the love of all that is holy PLEASE update the music player to allow me to fastforward/rewind a song! i mean how hard is that really? that has been a basic design of all media players for atleast a 20 odd years. just do it already.

hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hrah
Member since 2003 • 1375 Posts

please for the love of all that is holy PLEASE update the music player to allow me to fastforward/rewind a song! i mean how hard is that really? that has been a basic design of all media players for atleast a 20 odd years. just do it already.

broqz

true, that is something needed, and while they're at it, they should add compatibility with more video codecs.

Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Firex777x
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

I hope they refund my money spent on themes and gamerpics.MeG4tRoN

Themes and Gamerpics will work...

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
I really hope they add the ability to delete games off of your games played list. I've been wanting that for a long time.
Brmarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Brmarlin
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Agree with others saying this - definately sticky.
henriktx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 henriktx
Thanks guys Appreciate the Support :D
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gta4_2112
Since there is gonna be avitars I hope we get to make them what we want them to look like
gustavog117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 gustavog117
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts
Man, i totally want this like right now, well not now now becuase my 360 is being repaired but anyways ya, I just want it. The new interface looks alright, and mostly everything is cool. I can accept avatars, they look fun and hopefully we can soon make their heads explode, and great thread, keep updating becuase I dont want to miss features.
jtparsons54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jtparsons54
Member since 2006 • 1857 Posts

Since there is gonna be avitars I hope we get to make them what we want them to look likegta4_2112

Well they are customizable???

I hope we can somehow apply gamerpics and achievement pics to their T-shirts or something so that they won't be completely useless after the update.

Making_Pudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Making_Pudding

[QUOTE="gta4_2112"]Since there is gonna be avitars I hope we get to make them what we want them to look likejtparsons54

I hope we can somehow apply gamerpics and achievement pics to their T-shirts or something so that they won't be completely useless after the update.

I don't know about achievement pics, but I believe Microsoft already confirmed that you can paste gamerpics onto your avatar's shirt. :D

RKO510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RKO510
Member since 2005 • 2021 Posts
then what was the update today for?
jtparsons54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jtparsons54
Member since 2006 • 1857 Posts
[QUOTE="jtparsons54"]

[QUOTE="gta4_2112"]Since there is gonna be avitars I hope we get to make them what we want them to look likeMaking_Pudding

I don't know about achievement pics, but I believe Microsoft already confirmed that you can paste gamerpics onto your avatar's shirt. :D

Awesome! that needs to be added to the original post if this is true.

Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

Great thread, definately sticky until the update has been and gone!!!

HOW ABOUT THIS????????? Do you think games will come with different costumes for your avatar. So you buy FF XIII next year and when you insert it into your console, it dl's a few clothing options for your avatar just like gamer pics. I think it'd be cool to have your little avatar dressed up in your Halo 3 armour or like your Fable 2 character. Opens up the customisation options a bit.

henriktx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 henriktx
[QUOTE="Making_Pudding"][QUOTE="jtparsons54"]

[QUOTE="gta4_2112"]Since there is gonna be avitars I hope we get to make them what we want them to look likejtparsons54

Awesome! that needs to be added to the original post if this is true.

Added

SirCokerThe9th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SirCokerThe9th
Member since 2008 • 682 Posts
it's going to be pretty sweet
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
I hope they refund my money spent on themes and gamerpics.MeG4tRoN
they wont because u firstly buy them and see on the right they are no refunds for anything u buy on live secondly u will still be able to use the themes and gamerpics. and they will be still selling them. so theys no need to do refunds when they will still be used
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 djrobst
I really hope they add the ability to delete games off of your games played list. I've been wanting that for a long time.Trickshot771
they wont let people edit they gamercard because the more access to it like that where u can delete stuff off it just opens potential exploits to be used to get achievements u aint earned. at best one day they might take arcade trials to not show up on ur gamercard but dont expect to be able to remove stuff off the list.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 djrobst

HOW ABOUT THIS????????? Do you think games will come with different costumes for your avatar. So you buy FF XIII next year and when you insert it into your console, it dl's a few clothing options for your avatar just like gamer pics. I think it'd be cool to have your little avatar dressed up in your Halo 3 armour or like your Fable 2 character. Opens up the customisation options a bit.

Hawkeye747
well that sounds like something people wud pay small amount of points for like the gamerpics, so i reckon they will of already thought of this and find people who want to sell game atire for ur avatars as well. cant see they not being any game influences in there at all. for a start its a great way to advertise like gears 2 been doing and other games and films giving away free themese etc
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 djrobst
then what was the update today for?RKO510
just updates behind the scenes. probs security fixes etc. like the updates u get for ur pc that dont seem to add any extra features but correct faults or exploits that can cause problems shudnt expect the fall update to come out in summer.
Garlnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Garlnd
Member since 2007 • 1065 Posts
This is going to sound really dumb >_>
You know, if your in the party and you want to watch and film/play a game, does everyone in the party need to have the game/movie to play/watch it?
henriktx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 henriktx
Yes, I think so about the movie thing. I think that everyone in the party needs to have netflix to be able to watch the movie.
Making_Pudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Making_Pudding

Hawkeye747

That would be AWESOME.

It would also be awesome if Infinty Ward made some COD 4 clothes. I wanna get my guy to look like Captain Price. :D

henriktx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 henriktx
Can someone help me keep this alive alot of posts going around.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

I'm so hyped for this update, it's not even funny. :DMaking_Pudding

i know!! i cant wait to see the improvements of less pop-ups after installing GTAIV on my HDD :D

onuruca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#50 onuruca
Member since 2007 • 2881 Posts
i really want that 1680*1050 res from that update!