So there have been many threads going around the forums and alot of questions about the new update so all the features, pics etc will be in here. As more information is revealed I will post it on here
The Release DATE
November 19, 2008
Pictures of Themes and Friends in the New Update
Leaked Video of the New Update
PAX '08 Demo
Good Video of Avatars
The New Features
· Play from hard drive. Copy your games from the game disc and play directly from the hard drive. Not only will the drive not spin, but load times are quicker, as well. Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.
· Access Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web. Browse and purchase Marketplace content whenever you want from Xbox.com and it downloads automatically to your console. Purchase that new map, television episode, the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade game or set up a movie to watch when you get home from work.
· Dashboard built into the new Xbox Guide. For everyone who loves the blades interface, it's not going away; they are now built directly in to the new Xbox guide. Every feature and option is available right from the guide. You can even access your full games library at all times. No matter where you are (in dash or in game), immediately call up your games played list and directly launch a game.
· LIVE Party system. Create a party of up to eight friends, and stay with them from one game to another, or watch a Netflix movie together, or share a slideshow of your personal photos. It works with all Xbox 360 titles, not just upcoming games. LIVE Party allows up to eight people to chat in the dashboard, so you can meet up before playing.
· Xbox LIVE Primetime. This whole new category of games is going to give you more reasons to get online with your friends. Games will support everything you'd expect, like Achievements and leader boards, but many of these games will include real prizes. You can invite your friends, and even set a reminder for an upcoming show. Each game is broadcast simultaneously, so everyone is answering the same questions. Many events will have a live host, calling the shots as they happen.
· Avatars. Your online identity started as a Gamertag - it then grew into a personalized Gamercard. Now, it has evolved even further into avatars. You can express your self, check out new outfits and share this with the community. Avatars will also be integrated into Xbox LIVE Arcade games, LIVE Party, as well as retail games.
During microsoft's recent Gamefest event, Xbox Live GM Eric Kilgore confirmed that developers will be able to incorporate the new Xbox Live Avatars into their games. Be that as it may, Kilgore stressed that at first, only games rated E10+ will be able to make use of the Avatars.
"We are still developing the final policies," said Kilgore. "The final guide we have this year is to think of them in an 'E10' context. That doesn't mean it won't change – but this Fall they won't be able to blow each other's heads off."
Kilgore also revealed that in-game Avatars can either be full 3D models or 2D images, although dialogue between Microsoft and game developers is still in the early stages. Kilgore also conceded that Microsoft has yet to fully flesh out other aspects of the new system such as how to handle multiple Avatars.- Thanks hrah
Achievements can also unlock you new clothing.
They Are OPTIONAL!- If you would like you may still use the gamerpics that you have already purchased.
· New display support. Because you asked for it, we are adding 16X10 over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.
·Your Themes & Gamerpics Will Work! They will be integrated in the new update. Themes will work as usual and gamerpics are like your public gamerpics that you have now.
·This update will be free. via Xbox Live or Xbox.com.
· And no the new layout is not optional.
· Hurray!!- You can delete any game in your played games profile as long as it has 0 gamerscore
EDIT: Added NXE to thread title - Aspro