The Broken XBOX 360 Discussion & Help Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts

This has been requested by a few forum members so here it is! Please feel free to discuss anything having to do with a broken 360 in this sticky. Please do not post any other topics outside of this thread, as they will be locked. Thank you :)

Below you will find a few links to useful topics on the subject. If you know of any other resource that should be listed please PM me or list it here and I will add it.

Official XBOX 360 Site

Troubleshooting your XBOX 360

Official XBOX 360 Forums

Official XBOX 360 Technical Support Forums

XBOX 360 Warranty Information

How To Obtain Warranty Service (90 days coverage from date of purchase)

OBTAINING WARRANTY SERVICE:

To receive instructions for obtaining repair or replacement warranty services you must call: Within the U.S., U.S. Territories and Canada: 1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269); TTY users: 1-866-740-XBOX (1-866-740-9269).

You must also:

1. Submit proof of purchase in the form of a bona fide, dated bill of sale, receipt, or invoice (or a copy) evidencing that your request for service is made within the Warranty Period.

2. Follow Microsoft's shipping and other instructions if it determines that all or part of your Xbox Product requires return for repair or replacement. To obtain the warranty service, you must take or deliver the Xbox Product in suitable packaging that provides an adequate degree of protection against damage during transit, to the location specified by Microsoft. Except as otherwise required by legislation in your jurisdiction, costs associated with transport (including packaging) for warranty service shall be at your expense.

3. Delete or remove any files or data you consider private or confidential prior to sending the Xbox Product to Microsoft.

Failure to follow the above instructions may result in delays, cause you to incur additional charges, or may void your warranty.

Additional Assistance Via Phone, e-mail or live chat

Walk through of an XBOX 360 Repair
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
Thank you
caesarbites

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 caesarbites
Member since 2004 • 8822 Posts

Please sticky this right away!!! :o

Since this is official, does this mean no more "My 360 is dead" threads??

bigroy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bigroy666
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts
Thank god. Finally some place were we can talk about our busted 360s.
Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Krall

Please sticky this right away!!! :o

Since this is official, does this mean no more "My 360 is dead" threads??

caesarbites

Yes :)

Well if they were made before this one they are 'grandfathered' in...

If you see any that aren't getting locked just report them and use the 'other' option then fill in the box with 'forum already has a sticky on the subject'.
Avatar image for masterchief2371
masterchief2371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 masterchief2371
Member since 2004 • 1415 Posts
Please sticky this thread asap, by the way you only have 90 days warrenty, after that, I think you'll have to pay a small amount of fees to repaire your xbox 360.
bigroy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bigroy666
Please sticky this thread asap, by the way you only have 90 days warrenty, after that, I think you'll have to pay a small amount of fees to repaire your xbox 360.masterchief2371

Agreed:) sticky,sticky,sticky
90 day warranty is correct to. Small fees is incorrect, they charge you 129.00-250.00 to repair a system after the 90 day warranty, regardless of consumer fault or the system just being faulty....That sucks:(
To me 129.00-250.00 is no small fee.
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
why did this get a stickie?  if you have the white backgound you cant even read the first post. 
gawnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gawnn
Member since 2003 • 312 Posts
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but my buddy got one of the NYKO coolers for his 360 and just last week it shorted out and ended up melting the cooler to the 360. Microsoft wants $100 or so to replace it with a remanufactured. Would the be covered under the warrenty?
Maleku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Maleku
Member since 2005 • 1961 Posts

Since yesterday I am now on my 3rd Xbox360.  I purchased the core system at launch (Manufacture date of December 2005) which crapped out last Sunday.  I had purchased the 1 year warrantee from EB who gladly replaced it with a new Xbox360 (Manufacture date of April 2006).  Only 4 days later I get the red rings again on the new console - I troubleshoot with no success.  Returned that one lastnight for another new Xbox360 with a manufature date of May 2006.  When talking to the manager from EB he said that the past month has been littered with Xbox360 returns.  Xbox360 is a fun system but it should be quite apparent from not only my experience but many people in the gaming community that Microsoft needs to do a recall.  Nothing wrong with having manufacturing problems - many companies have had them... but they deal with it.  Microsoft is choosing to ignore the problem at hand and even worse charging their loyal customers $127 (Canadian) to fix a console that was destined to break from the get go.

Just my two cents... but I have earned each penny.

gashead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gashead101
Member since 2005 • 1130 Posts
does anyone know how much it costs to fix them in the uk
skatefreak89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 skatefreak89
Member since 2004 • 5423 Posts

And why do i have 1 year warranty

halo2paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 halo2paul
Member since 2005 • 7762 Posts
Thank god i was fed up of all the my 360 is broken threads, i bet now this will stop all the sony fanboys from trolling about it.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
Thanks Krall!
HakkuMakReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HakkuMakReborn
Member since 2006 • 1419 Posts
Is another cooling fan require for the xbox 360?
flyer4057

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 flyer4057
Member since 2004 • 1532 Posts
Finally!
Muhannad_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Muhannad_basic
Member since 2002 • 3687 Posts
thank you very much for making this, anymore broken 360 thread makers should be suspended!
maddogmark25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 maddogmark25
Member since 2003 • 3632 Posts
today i got the 3 red lights on the ring problem meaning hardware failure...i did everything in the troubleshoot but nothing worked, and i dont wanna have to wait 3 weeks for a repair...is there a solution to this?
Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Krall

And why do i have 1 year warranty

skatefreak89

You paid extra for it?
celica128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 celica128
Member since 2003 • 3660 Posts

My console is broke and Microsoft's number is busy....

I tried opening, to fix it...and I was drinking a soda while I was removing the DVD-ROM drive and I spilled it all over the Motherboard. I plugged in the console and it sparked and caught fire.

I try Microsoft again.....busy

I finally hang up and put out the fire. I try once again to fix the console and find that there was a fortune cookie lying inside. I break it open and read the message and it says, "Better luck next time"   - Lucky Numbers : 3, 6, 12, 23, 39, 43

mangalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mangalon
Member since 2004 • 232 Posts

My console is broke and Microsoft's number is busy....

I tried opening, to fix it...and I was drinking a soda while I was removing the DVD-ROM drive and I spilled it all over the Motherboard. I plugged in the console and it sparked and caught fire.

I try Microsoft again.....busy

I finally hang up and put out the fire. I try once again to fix the console and find that there was a fortune cookie lying inside. I break it open and read the message and it says, "Better luck next time" - Lucky Numbers : 3, 6, 12, 23, 39, 43

celica128

LMAO
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
[QUOTE="skatefreak89"]

And why do i have 1 year warranty

Krall

You paid extra for it?

the warranty depends on where you buy it.  in europe the 360 comes with a 1 year warante standard.  other places get 3 or 6 months standard.
Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#23 Greatwasabi
Member since 2005 • 1818 Posts
I didn't have to ship any proof of purchase what so ever. My 360 gets back on Monday/Tuesday =)
JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 JoelWhy
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts
I posted this elsewhere, but I'll repost it here since we now have an OFFICIAL board where all of us Sony spies who never really owned an Xbox can conspire against Microsoft. I found this in an ign.com article from May: "At last count, nine Xbox 360s that belong to IGN editors have completely crashed. Two editors, Hilary Goldstein and Jessica Chobot, have had TWO systems go kaput." Anyhow, I'm filing a complaint w/ the California Department of Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau. I'm hoping other people will, too (and I'm sure many others already have.) (If you live outside of CA, just Google 'the name of your state and "consumer affairs," and you should be able to figure out who handles consumer complaints -- it's the Attorney General in a lot of states.) Even if you don't get anything anything from this directly, if they get enough complaints and/or some media attention, they can open up a formal investigation and subpoena MS's records. Also, you can look in to filing suit. Seriously, and NO ,IT WON'T COST YOU A TON OF CASH! Small claims courts only charge a nominal fee ($30 in CA, but even this may be waived if you can't afford it.) And, not only do you not need a lawyer, in many places you are not ALLOWED to have a lawyer try your case. Plus, if you're under 18 and you have a willing parent, they can generally represent you. (Also, in some states, like CA, it's not like you'd have to face a high-priced Microsoft attorney...corporations are prohibited from being represented by an attorney in these courts. They have to send an employee or officer who (a) isn't an attorney and (b) has a job besides just handling small claims court appearances.) Small claims courts are specifically designed to accommodate people who don't have a legal background. You usually just have to fill out a simple form, notify the company in writing that you're suing them, and then just show up to court with any kind of documents you can think of that might help you. (They don't have the strict rules of evidence that 'normal' courts do.) I'm not a big fan of people suing for whatever stupid inconvenience they run in to in life. But, it's becoming more and more obvious that Microsoft is at fault here, and they're making us consumers pay for it. And, to everyone who keeps saying 'it's your fault for not getting the extended warranty,' the warranty is to cover you in case you happened to end up w/ the bad apple of the bunch, NOT TO PROTECT YOU FROM A FLAW IN THE SYSTEM'S DESIGN!
bigroy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bigroy666
[QUOTE="JoelWhy"]I posted this elsewhere, but I'll repost it here since we now have an OFFICIAL board where all of us Sony spies who never really owned an Xbox can conspire against Microsoft. I found this in an ign.com article from May: "At last count, nine Xbox 360s that belong to IGN editors have completely crashed. Two editors, Hilary Goldstein and Jessica Chobot, have had TWO systems go kaput." Anyhow, I'm filing a complaint w/ the California Department of Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau. I'm hoping other people will, too (and I'm sure many others already have.) (If you live outside of CA, just Google 'the name of your state and "consumer affairs," and you should be able to figure out who handles consumer complaints -- it's the Attorney General in a lot of states.) Even if you don't get anything anything from this directly, if they get enough complaints and/or some media attention, they can open up a formal investigation and subpoena MS's records. Also, you can look in to filing suit. Seriously, and NO ,IT WON'T COST YOU A TON OF CASH! Small claims courts only charge a nominal fee ($30 in CA, but even this may be waived if you can't afford it.) And, not only do you not need a lawyer, in many places you are not ALLOWED to have a lawyer try your case. Plus, if you're under 18 and you have a willing parent, they can generally represent you. (Also, in some states, like CA, it's not like you'd have to face a high-priced Microsoft attorney...corporations are prohibited from being represented by an attorney in these courts. They have to send an employee or officer who (a) isn't an attorney and (b) has a job besides just handling small claims court appearances.) Small claims courts are specifically designed to accommodate people who don't have a legal background. You usually just have to fill out a simple form, notify the company in writing that you're suing them, and then just show up to court with any kind of documents you can think of that might help you. (They don't have the strict rules of evidence that 'normal' courts do.) I'm not a big fan of people suing for whatever stupid inconvenience they run in to in life. But, it's becoming more and more obvious that Microsoft is at fault here, and they're making us consumers pay for it. And, to everyone who keeps saying 'it's your fault for not getting the extended warranty,' the warranty is to cover you in case you happened to end up w/ the bad apple of the bunch, NOT TO PROTECT YOU FROM A FLAW IN THE SYSTEM'S DESIGN!

I will agree....to an extent. All I can say is when your PS3 breaks down because you get one of the 10%+ that are going to be faulty dont come crying to us:) Cause we will just tell you to take them to small claims court :lol:
At a certain percentage a company will have to do a recall, MS hasnt reached that percentage yet, and hopefully it wont. Everyone seems to forget the PS2 fiasco it had more flaws in the begining than the 360 does. MS will take care of it...hopefully, and if they dont...Then we will get paid off in a class action lawsuit against them.....God I love America:roll:
DarklySworded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DarklySworded
Member since 2003 • 453 Posts
how do you know microsoft hasnt reached that percent? because they said so? plz tell me ur smarter than that.
DarklySworded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarklySworded
sry for double post but you also forget that sony fixed those ps2's for free they didnt stab the consumer in the back and make em pay
Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts
im sorry fanboys i returned my 360 for good getting all that money back was like heaven... note that was my third xbox 360
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#29 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
NO THE STORE YOU HAVE 90 DAYS AFTER THAT IT IS 1 YR WARRENTY which you gotta call ms and theyll send you a box cause all consoles have 1 yr manufactured warrenty after that you do pay 100 or so to fix it
McMurmur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 McMurmur
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts
Just filed my complaint with the Better Business Bureau requesting a third-party investigation concerning the frequency of the defects.  If you'd like to register a complaint, fellow defectee's, I'd suggest you do.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
Yeah, I still have not received my box to send it in.:?
Savon01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Savon01
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts

Since yesterday I am now on my 3rd Xbox360.  I purchased the core system at launch (Manufacture date of December 2005) which crapped out last Sunday.  I had purchased the 1 year warrantee from EB who gladly replaced it with a new Xbox360 (Manufacture date of April 2006).  Only 4 days later I get the red rings again on the new console - I troubleshoot with no success.  Returned that one lastnight for another new Xbox360 with a manufature date of May 2006.  When talking to the manager from EB he said that the past month has been littered with Xbox360 returns.  Xbox360 is a fun system but it should be quite apparent from not only my experience but many people in the gaming community that Microsoft needs to do a recall.  Nothing wrong with having manufacturing problems - many companies have had them... but they deal with it.  Microsoft is choosing to ignore the problem at hand and even worse charging their loyal customers $127 (Canadian) to fix a console that was destined to break from the get go.

Just my two cents... but I have earned each penny.

Maleku
I agree. I am on my 2nd and microsoft had extended warrantes quitly to 6 months for people who purchased them around lauch. I bought mine december 12th, it fried June 5th they told me it was out of warrenty, and that it was only a 3month jobber but microsoft had extended another 3months and it wan't really a full 3 months it was more a set date June 1st. So They also said that if I fell withing 10 days things would be cool could still get my repairs covered. I had to get a credit card so had to call back the next day. When I called back the next day, this other guy says the 10 day thing was not true and I needed to couch up 125 for repair, I got angery asked to speak with the manager, he was reluctant to do so. Finally got said manager on phone and he basisclly told me to be happy with the time I had that it worked and many other peoples system broke well b4 that. So I tried to get repaire done and credit card didn't work, so I had to call back again!!! This next time I spoke to a third person not a manager by the way and I told him the deal, he took my info and said and I quote " Ah dude you don't have to pay a cent, you fall into the 10 day grace periode. " Then I found my self about to tell him what a manager told me, quickly stopped myself and got my 360 repaired for NOTHING!!! Point is nobody at microsoft knows what the hell is going on. They should at least make a system that lasts one year. It's one thing if a few hundred break, but I think it's like 10-25% that have malfunctioned and you had to know they knew that was going to happen b4 launch
justinrf12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 justinrf12345
Member since 2006 • 136 Posts
Mine just got fried like three days ago with those damn red lights. I have to send it in for $139 repair
JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JoelWhy
[QUOTE="bigroy666"][QUOTE="JoelWhy"]I posted this elsewhere, but I'll repost it here since we now have an OFFICIAL board where all of us Sony spies who never really owned an Xbox can conspire against Microsoft. I found this in an ign.com article from May: "At last count, nine Xbox 360s that belong to IGN editors have completely crashed. Two editors, Hilary Goldstein and Jessica Chobot, have had TWO systems go kaput." Anyhow, I'm filing a complaint w/ the California Department of Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau. I'm hoping other people will, too (and I'm sure many others already have.) (If you live outside of CA, just Google 'the name of your state and "consumer affairs," and you should be able to figure out who handles consumer complaints -- it's the Attorney General in a lot of states.) Even if you don't get anything anything from this directly, if they get enough complaints and/or some media attention, they can open up a formal investigation and subpoena MS's records. Also, you can look in to filing suit. Seriously, and NO ,IT WON'T COST YOU A TON OF CASH! Small claims courts only charge a nominal fee ($30 in CA, but even this may be waived if you can't afford it.) And, not only do you not need a lawyer, in many places you are not ALLOWED to have a lawyer try your case. Plus, if you're under 18 and you have a willing parent, they can generally represent you. (Also, in some states, like CA, it's not like you'd have to face a high-priced Microsoft attorney...corporations are prohibited from being represented by an attorney in these courts. They have to send an employee or officer who (a) isn't an attorney and (b) has a job besides just handling small claims court appearances.) Small claims courts are specifically designed to accommodate people who don't have a legal background. You usually just have to fill out a simple form, notify the company in writing that you're suing them, and then just show up to court with any kind of documents you can think of that might help you. (They don't have the strict rules of evidence that 'normal' courts do.) I'm not a big fan of people suing for whatever stupid inconvenience they run in to in life. But, it's becoming more and more obvious that Microsoft is at fault here, and they're making us consumers pay for it. And, to everyone who keeps saying 'it's your fault for not getting the extended warranty,' the warranty is to cover you in case you happened to end up w/ the bad apple of the bunch, NOT TO PROTECT YOU FROM A FLAW IN THE SYSTEM'S DESIGN!

I will agree....to an extent. All I can say is when your PS3 breaks down because you get one of the 10%+ that are going to be faulty dont come crying to us:) Cause we will just tell you to take them to small claims court :lol:
At a certain percentage a company will have to do a recall, MS hasnt reached that percentage yet, and hopefully it wont. Everyone seems to forget the PS2 fiasco it had more flaws in the begining than the 360 does. MS will take care of it...hopefully, and if they dont...Then we will get paid off in a class action lawsuit against them.....God I love America:roll:

A PS3?? You must be under the assumption that I am somehow loyal to Sony, but the fact is I think $600 is too much to spend on a console (for me, at least.) The fact is I think the 360 gives you the best bang for your buck (if you ignore all the technical problems.) But, of course, it's hard to ignore that little detail, since it's now costing me almost $600 for a console! As a general rule, I think it's silly to be brand loyal to anybody. You get the same stupid arguments about who's better and who's worse in all sorts of places (fanboys of Macs vs. PCs; McDonalds vs Burger King, etc, etc, etc....) It's fine to like one particular product over another, but if the competitor suddenly puts out something superior, you'd be a fool to stick with a company because you think you have some type of emotional investment in them. Don't take this the wrong way -- I hope I don't sound like I'm attacking you. I just think people need to take a step back and realize that there's a reason these guys are spending so much on advertising (e.g. MS, for example, spent $500 MILLION for the initial Xbox campaign; Sony, I'm sure, will spend about as much.) Every time they 'convert' another person from a gamer to a fan, some guy in Marketing does a Monty Burns-like "excellent" and then goes out to buy another Ferrari on your dime;)
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#35 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Well mine "fixed" 360 broke today. It lasted one day so now I have to send it in for repair. It ruined my madden nfl 07 in the process
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

bigroy666
  No one would come to a 360 forum crying about a broken PS3.  And please stop stating your opinion as fact.  Unless you can see into the future you have no idea what the failure rate will be on the PS3.  And even if the failure rate is high there is a good chance Sony won't bone people with a crappy 3 month warranty.  But if they do you can bet I'll be busting their ass too.  But until they do leave your hate for Sony out of it.
Maui00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Maui00
Member since 2004 • 8747 Posts
Great thread Krall. :wink:
themtman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 themtman
Member since 2004 • 937 Posts
im on my 6th 360
JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JoelWhy
im on my 6th 360themtman
Maybe they should start marking the 360 as the world's first disposable console. instead of an extended warranty, they can offer "buy 9 and get the 10th one free!"
DarklySworded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DarklySworded
[QUOTE="themtman"]im on my 6th 360JoelWhy
Maybe they should start marking the 360 as the world's first disposable console. instead of an extended warranty, they can offer "buy 9 and get the 10th one free!"

lmao
XlpranksterlX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 XlpranksterlX
Member since 2005 • 7438 Posts
Can I use this thread to whine everytime my 360 craps out? Come to think of it thats a lot of typing too often.
dasanbei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dasanbei
Member since 2004 • 59 Posts
I just bought a 360 a few days ago and the campaign mode on Halo 2 freezes on me quite often. It is not an overheating problem because it tends to happen about 10-20 minutes into the game.  Live works perfectly fine for me but not single player.  Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know a solution? Is this because of the backwards compatibility software? Please help!
sandman15420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 sandman15420
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts

My 360 after a month or so maybe less froze periodically, recently lrecently since prchasing Saints Row it began to freeze after playing about 6hrs of the game everytime I went to load my gameit would load then freeze, then I started a new game  played a couple hours in that with no problem, then I went to load a game and it froze again and when I went to reboot It froze after 2 secs before leaving the white xbox menu. Then I tried Madden 07, a game that froze one time since I had and I played it a lot, then as soon as the game was on it froze as soon as I went to play. I took off my HD put in saints row and played for like 30mins didntfreeze I don't know what to do or think. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated??

Lawnboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 Lawnboi
Member since 2005 • 2650 Posts
Here is my problem with my 360.

I was playing FNR3 and the fan kept shutting off and on. So maybe 1 hour of the fan doing that, all the sound just cut out, then it froze and kept repeating the same movement that my guy was doing. The 3 red lights did not turn on. Is my 360 broken?
gashead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gashead101
Member since 2005 • 1130 Posts
is the warrenty in the uk a year or 3 month's all confused bout this ive been hearing different things from different ppl so can sombody put it straight
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
is the warrenty in the uk a year or 3 month's all confused bout this ive been hearing different things from different ppl so can sombody put it straight
gashead101
  UK should be 1 year.  Check your owner's manual or call MS to maker sure.
DarklySworded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DarklySworded
one year thats crap! i got 6months lol
realjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 realjay
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts
i just got my 360 about 2 weeks ago an i have dead rising an saints row.when i first got dead rising it would freeze on me like an hour or two of playin an keepp in mind this was the first day i got it.its done that about 3 or 4 times wit dead rising, when i got saints row its works fine hasnt freezed at all with saints row.now wat im gettin is my 360m okay an ive notice that the graphics or should i say detail on saints row aint that great at all  i dont know if thats how the game is or wat i have no idea but ive herd that the grphics were very good an they are but the detail aint that good like the hair.ive also hered that theres a bug that they need to fix in the game.i am very upset that i spent so much money on this console an every time i play im scared of burnin out an me havin it repaired an losing all my saved games.an does any one know wat the waranty is in cali??? i  need help.we as 360 players really need to try an do somethin about this i hate hearin about people on there six 360 an people gettin theres back an on the same day it breakin down this aint right at all i know that mine hasnt burned out should i say yet but i fed up i really dont want to give up on the 360 cause it really is a great console i just dont know wat to do........
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
I guess it now costs $139 to fix a 360 as to $130 and the warranty is only 30 days...:|
JoelWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JoelWhy
[QUOTE="gashead101"]is the warrenty in the uk a year or 3 month's all confused bout this ive been hearing different things from different ppl so can sombody put it straight
crck
  UK should be 1 year.  Check your owner's manual or call MS to maker sure.

I believe that the law in the UK (or maybe it's a European Union law, which includes the UK and all of the IMPORTANT European countries -- that's right, Norway, no one cares about YOU!) is that you have to provide a 1-year warranty. We don't have that level of protection in the U.S., but some states offer additional protections. By and large, however, you only get a 3-month-warranty in the States (unless you paid for the extended warranty.) On a side note, the U.S. offers a lot of legal protections for consumers who are injured by poorly designed or manufactured goods. So, if someone wants to volunteer to, say, show that the excessive heat generated by the 360 not only fries the chips, but also causes people to spontaneously combust, that would be really good for the rest of us. Take one for the team! And, think about how much fun you'll have playing your 360 as you recover in the burn unit! The rest of us who benefit from the ensuing recall will make it up to you by stopping by the hospital to moisten your eyeballs, since your eyelids will probably be incinerated in the fire.