Project Zephyr; Xbox 360 V2 : What we know about it...(info,pics,video)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maui00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Maui00
Member since 2004 • 8747 Posts

Poject Zephyr (aka: Xbox 360 V2.)

Project Zephyr is the updated version of the Xbox 360. Zephyr is rumored. Nothing is been proven yet. Recently there are pictures of the new updated version of the 360.

Zephyr will include (Rumored)

-HDMI port for 1080p picture
-120GB Hard drive
- New CPU using 65nm semiconductor technology
-Capability to serve IPTV (Internet Protocol Television)-->Confirmed by MS

Xbox 360 V2 Debunked: (Thanks to ColoradoKindBud)

GS: What can you tell us about the HDMI-enabled Xbox 360 rumors that have been going around?

CS: We're always working on prototypes and new technologies and just playing with stuff in Redmond to see what's interesting. I think at the moment we have the widest available connections on the system. If you want to get great HD, I think we've got a good solution for that. In the future it's interesting to see where standards evolve to. I think it's one of the problems that the whole industry, us and entertainment, are facing at the moment is we're in this world where standards are evolving very quickly.

We have different high-definition standards for discs that we know are competing at the moment. We think HD-DVD is going to be the right way to go, but really it's all about choice in that system so that's why we're offering these sort of services with downloads--skip that whole format wars problem. With other standards, audio-video standards, they're evolving very quickly as well. We're obviously keeping an eye on that and saying "what are the future standards and how do we give consumers the right choice for that?"

At the moment, everything you might have seen is just looking at our experimentation back in Redmond, not really a product that we're thinking about announcing.

"This is right here on the GS website.  So everyone who was getting all twitterpated over this can relax now."

"Here's the link:"

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163965.html

Pictures

-The HDMI port for the 360 was rumored long before Project Zephyr was shown. This pic appear in the web around summer 06.

-We can clearly see the HDMI port in here.

Video

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/clip-xbox-360-hdmi-in-action-226584.php Zephyr or Modded?

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=32742 IPTV

Last Word

This is just a Rumor. There has been no official annoucement about an updated version of the 360. We'll just have to wait for Microsoft CES keynote address to get the real scoop of Project Zephyr. Don't be mad about this. Every products gets updated every year, even gaming consoles. We should be happy that MS is fixing all the flaws the 360 is having in this next version(if it's real). One thing that MS did announce was IPTV function in the 360. This abilty could be added with an update just like Video Marketplace. ___________________________________________________________________

Links:

Engadget
411Mania
TeamXbox Opinion

Credit
Funkdaddy13-> First Video.
tlcain->IPTV Video
ColoradoKindBud - 360 V2 Debunked

smiley17O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 smiley17O
Member since 2006 • 1423 Posts
a video thats the first time ive seen it. i guess this aint no rumor no more. one week till ces though so next week they will officially unveil it
stebun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 stebun
Member since 2005 • 6641 Posts
this should be stickied, im tired of seeing topics about this
Maui00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Maui00
Member since 2004 • 8747 Posts
this should be stickied, im tired of seeing topics about thisstebun
I really would like that. I'm actually looking foward for the updated 360.
Mister_Griffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mister_Griffin
Member since 2006 • 402 Posts
people should stop posting threads about this, its old now

plus where did those people get the "new" 360 anyways, maybe they modded?

anyways nothing is confirmed adn i know people will be like yes it is go here and take me to ign or gamespot not ms and the site there will tell me leaked info about Gates is going to release the info tom. well u know what that means not confirmed yet buddy

edit
New CPU using 65nm semiconductor technology

thast not a rumor thats confiurmed, been confirmed for awhile and suppose to come out early 07, also to the people that dont know the new processor is just smaller, uses less energy, creates less heat, and cheaper to produce, it still has the same processing power
johncraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 johncraven
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts
hum, can't regular xbox 360 use IPTV as well?
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
well im not getting it...if my 360 happens to break ill buy it though...
Shinobi1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shinobi1234
Member since 2003 • 1429 Posts
finally, a stickied topic about this, now hopefully, there will be no more other topics about this.
CaUs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CaUs3
Member since 2006 • 2903 Posts
keep all discussion in there
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
I just wish this new Xbox 360 2.0 included an internal HD DVD drive as well....and no power brick would be nice.
CaUs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CaUs3
Member since 2006 • 2903 Posts
yea
MarauderBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 MarauderBomber
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts
Holy crap WTF is that thing
wildmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 wildmatt
Member since 2003 • 1242 Posts
internal HD-DVD would make the current owners cry even more, if you dont like it trade it in and oay a bit for it, it's fine
supermbowser64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 supermbowser64
Member since 2006 • 353 Posts
sticky...sticky...sticky...sticky...sticky.........ZEPHYR! YEAH:P I know, I'm crazy.:)
flyer4057

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 flyer4057
Member since 2004 • 1532 Posts
Interesting..
kamtong1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 kamtong1
Member since 2005 • 1851 Posts

As an 'early' adopter of the Xbox 360 platform I feel that Micrsoft as a company has betrayed their most loyal fans. We pay them with our good money for the latest in video game consoles to find them only a year later updating the system with features that were supposed to be on the original system. I am not worried about the larger hard drive as I dont store any media besides game demos on there, I dont care about the cooler chip as I already have an intercooler but seriously adding a hdmi port?! I am one of those people who do have a 1080p hdtv and I am really pissed that now they decide to introduce a hdmi port. Hopefully though they will be able make some sort of accessory so the v1 360s will support hdmi   

BeNOwNz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BeNOwNz
Member since 2006 • 2942 Posts
If true what major things can this v2 xbox do that the original 360 can't do?
odeysseusV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 odeysseusV
Member since 2005 • 41 Posts
oh %^*# -_- now what I am going to do with mine...  :( :( :(
DoE_bOi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DoE_bOi
Member since 2006 • 493 Posts
yea if MS lets the people who own 360's turn them in to get the v2 and pay the coverage cost of the extra added things i think all will go well. hopefully they will do that and show some compassion towards us. better start praying.

Hedfix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hedfix
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
internal HD-DVD would make the current owners cry even morewildmatt
Not if it raises the price.
CassiusVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#21 CassiusVII
Member since 2006 • 1658 Posts
yeah im really not caring for this ... my HDD is  big enough and I dont need to burn a whole in my wallet to make it bigger.
Hedfix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hedfix

As an 'early' adopter of the Xbox 360 platform I feel that Micrsoft as a company has betrayed their most loyal fans. We pay them with our good money for the latest in video game consoles to find them only a year later updating the system with features that were supposed to be on the original system. I am not worried about the larger hard drive as I dont store any media besides game demos on there, I dont care about the cooler chip as I already have an intercooler but seriously adding a hdmi port?! I am one of those people who do have a 1080p hdtv and I am really pissed that now they decide to introduce a hdmi port. Hopefully though they will be able make some sort of accessory so the v1 360s will support hdmi   

kamtong1
Well with a GS of 805 it's not like you play yours much anyway. :D
davim84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 davim84
Member since 2003 • 319 Posts
all i know is im not spending one cent on a new xbox 360 just for HDMI or a larger HD IF they release some kind of adapter for HDMI on the 360 we have now.then ill get that
Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
Anyone knows when this version will be coming out? My birthday is in March so I was wondering if it would come out by then. If not, then I'll wait for it to come out.
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Zaku-
Member since 2005 • 15425 Posts
This is like spitting in the face of early adopters :? Anyways, 120GB seems overkill. 30-60GB seems more reasonable.
kamtong1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kamtong1
[QUOTE="kamtong1"]

Hedfix

And yes I do have a life not to mention that I have only had my 360 since christmas

joey101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 joey101010
Member since 2003 • 7521 Posts
Is it HDMI or HDMI to DVI? [I use a monitor and am tired of all the analog jaggies]
fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fm_coyote
Member since 2003 • 952 Posts
[QUOTE="kamtong1"]

Hedfix

you're awesome. lol

standcm12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 standcm12
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts
kinda sucks since i just got a 360....but i got mine for $200 so i wouldn't have bought the updated version anyway :D
Avatar image for sports_attorney
sports_attorney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sports_attorney
Member since 2003 • 377 Posts
I don't know enough about this so I apologize for my ignorance, but couldn't MS make an HDMI cable that has the MS proprietary connection on one end and an HDMI connection on the other?
kamtong1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kamtong1

I don't know enough about this so I apologize for my ignorance, but couldn't MS make an HDMI cable that has the MS proprietary connection on one end and an HDMI connection on the other?sports_attorney

I think the 360 outputs the stuff in anologue

akaLogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 akaLogik
Member since 2003 • 32 Posts
kinda sucks that they rushed it just so that they could sell more products and win the console war.... a console is not like a computer where it upgrades every year... they may fix issues on it but not tottaly change things or add things after its been released...
the zypher chip is not an issue because it doesnt effect the system, it improves on faulty original equipment(the reason for all the warrenty issues).. i dont like that we are told not to get mad because its normal,, bull shyt its normal...
i understand its buisness and in a buisness ur supposed to make money, but it dont mean i cant be pissed about it, or feel like this company is untrustworthy... and make me think twice about microsoft in future purchases...
they didnt include it originally to cut cost, and now that its cheaper to make them because the zypher chip is cheaper and all the other obvious reasons they decide to add the hdmi and who knows what else to it cause it wont cut into a billionairs and millionairs wallet.....
this is totaly different from the ds to ds lite, and the ps2 to the ps2 slim....
at least ps3 gave u options if u wanted the expensive one or not... that seems more honest to me......
Falco-88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Falco-88
Member since 2005 • 233 Posts
my sisters bf told me i could buy someting so i can conect my 360 to my pc monitor is that the hdmi or what is it and were can i get it
dasupasim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dasupasim
Member since 2004 • 313 Posts
I realllyyyyyyy hope this comes out.
I was just about to buy a premium 360, but if this comes out, it'd be awesome.
 I could really use the 120gb hd.
Matmoo_Wii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Matmoo_Wii60
Member since 2006 • 361 Posts
If you look at the black boxy area on pic 2, you'll see that's where the wireless adapter should go, so maybe on the first post you should mention that the zephyr may include integrated wireless.
Matmoo_Wii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Matmoo_Wii60
Member since 2006 • 361 Posts
my sisters bf told me i could buy someting so i can conect my 360 to my pc monitor is that the hdmi or what is it and were can i get itFalco-88
Use VGA, you can buy the adapter from most major retailers.
gta_kid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 gta_kid1
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts
I hope this is just made up becuase a lot of people would be really ennoyed and there isnt any flws i've encountered except the machine nd it's not gonna come with a hardrive that big
noobbcvn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 noobbcvn
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts
i just bought a xbox 360..... what am i going 2 do?!!
Drathyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Drathyl
Member since 2006 • 363 Posts
I love how people cry out how much this sucks because they are jealous.
def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts

this is bs. and then later on this year they will ad SD cards slots or some stuff for v3?

rushed console?

Wario1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 Wario1939
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts
I'll get it if its the same price as the premium right now after my 2nd 360 breaks.
countphatula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 countphatula
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
I just wish this new Xbox 360 2.0 included an internal HD DVD drive as well....and no power brick would be nice.fore_runner
Like the Sony PS3 yeah?
Hedfix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hedfix
[QUOTE="Hedfix"][QUOTE="kamtong1"]

kamtong1

And yes I do have a life not to mention that I have only had my 360 since christmas

Christmas 05 ;)
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
[QUOTE="fore_runner"]I just wish this new Xbox 360 2.0 included an internal HD DVD drive as well....and no power brick would be nice.countphatula
Like the Sony PS3 yeah?

Well...except for the part where the PS3 has a blu ray drive....which uses a ten year old compression technology....so I'm not interested in that....and not having a power brick...while remaining the same size...not 11lbs of fingerprints.
walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts
[QUOTE="countphatula"][QUOTE="fore_runner"]I just wish this new Xbox 360 2.0 included an internal HD DVD drive as well....and no power brick would be nice.fore_runner
Like the Sony PS3 yeah?

Well...except for the part where the PS3 has a blu ray drive....which uses a ten year old compression technology....so I'm not interested in that....and not having a power brick...while remaining the same size...not 11lbs of fingerprints.

the bluray drive is using a more up to date compression method, also, 11 pounds of fingerprints? how often fo you rub your video game console?? When the 360 V.2 launches, i will join the Xbox community for the first time. Besides, all these great games that are currently out will be chaper by then LOL
eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#47 eXists
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
Hope they give us an option to upgrade for a reasonable fee, i'd get it for sure.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
They should of done more with this.  Add built-in wifi and maybe change the visual (make it more smaller or new color)
Limonadi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#49 Limonadi
Member since 2006 • 982 Posts
i hope this will come out before april 28 because then it`s my birthday
. :P
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rasstarman
Member since 2004 • 852 Posts

Bill Gates keynote speech will be tonight at 9:30pm EST. I can bet you that the console shown was either modded or a developers kit. I am leaning towards modded because I don't see why an individual would have that console in their home.

Everything will be answered tonight and I can bet you that the console is fake or it will never be released to the public so stop speculating and wait.