Project Zephyr; Xbox 360 V2 : What we know about it...(info,pics,video)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
God i hope this is fake. :cry:
mantas87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mantas87
Member since 2004 • 710 Posts
Ok heres what you can all do if you bought the warranty from Best Buy.  Take your Xbox into Best Buy and say you are getting the red ring.  They will tell you to go pick out a new Xbox, go pick one and take it up to the counter and let them process the exchange and Bam! You got the Xbox with the HDMI port at no extra cost!
Arley26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Arley26
Member since 2006 • 720 Posts
This is my plan if the whole new 360 is true im going to Walmart im going to return it and say i didn't open it then i get my money but im lucky that i bought mine at late November and im only getting the new 360 if its $400-450.
jag1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jag1491
Member since 2006 • 307 Posts
Check this out, from the 2005 holiday 360 buyers guide
smartjester14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 smartjester14
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts
    What is this? Is it like a totally new XBOX or is it just an updated version.
Is it like going to have new games and stuff, what is it? I don't get it?
Arley26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Arley26
Member since 2006 • 720 Posts
Its just like the slim PS2 new feutures.
Maui00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 Maui00
Member since 2004 • 8747 Posts
Thanks for the info jag1491 :wink:. That makes you wonder....
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
[QUOTE="fore_runner"][QUOTE="countphatula"][QUOTE="fore_runner"]I just wish this new Xbox 360 2.0 included an internal HD DVD drive as well....and no power brick would be nice.walton13
Like the Sony PS3 yeah?

Well...except for the part where the PS3 has a blu ray drive....which uses a ten year old compression technology....so I'm not interested in that....and not having a power brick...while remaining the same size...not 11lbs of fingerprints.

the bluray drive is using a more up to date compression method, also, 11 pounds of fingerprints? how often fo you rub your video game console?? When the 360 V.2 launches, i will join the Xbox community for the first time. Besides, all these great games that are currently out will be chaper by then LOL

Mpeg 4 is ten years old....the reason Sony wants it, is because it's their technology, while HD DVD uses VC1...
cofn42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 cofn42
Member since 2003 • 525 Posts
yea if MS lets the people who own 360's turn them in to get the v2 and pay the coverage cost of the extra added things i think all will go well. hopefully they will do that and show some compassion towards us. better start praying.
 DoE_bOi
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. You are talking about M$ right? I think you have a better change of building a snowman in hell then Microsoft doing something for it's consumers.
cofn42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 cofn42
Its just like the slim PS2 new feutures.Arley26
Exactly like the SP2 Slim, Except that the Slim PS2 was 4.5 years into the consoles life cycle and brought nothing NEW to the table,and cost much less than the PS2 fatty. Ya ya, i know the slim had a network connection in it, but anyone who was buying a slim sure as heck was not doing it for network connectivity as the adapter was available for a long time already.
cofn42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 cofn42
[QUOTE="walton13"][QUOTE="fore_runner"][QUOTE="countphatula"][QUOTE="fore_runner"]I just wish this new Xbox 360 2.0 included an internal HD DVD drive as well....and no power brick would be nice.fore_runner
Like the Sony PS3 yeah?

Well...except for the part where the PS3 has a blu ray drive....which uses a ten year old compression technology....so I'm not interested in that....and not having a power brick...while remaining the same size...not 11lbs of fingerprints.

the bluray drive is using a more up to date compression method, also, 11 pounds of fingerprints? how often fo you rub your video game console?? When the 360 V.2 launches, i will join the Xbox community for the first time. Besides, all these great games that are currently out will be chaper by then LOL

Mpeg 4 is ten years old....the reason Sony wants it, is because it's their technology, while HD DVD uses VC1...

Err, WORNG. Blu-ray uses one of 3 codecs MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, and SMPTE VC-1 Initial versions of Sony's Blu-ray Disc-authoring software only included support for MPEG-2 video, so the initial Blu-ray Discs were forced to use MPEG-2 rather than the newer codecs, VC-1 and H.264. An upgrade was subsequently released supporting the newer compression methods so the second wave of Blu-ray Disc titles were able to make use of this. The choice of codecs affects disc cost (due to related licensing/royalty payments) as well as program capacity. The two more advanced video codecs can typically achieve twice the video runtime of MPEG-2. When using MPEG-2, quality considerations would limit the publisher to around two hours of high-definition content on a single-layer (25 GB) BD-ROM.
Bear-Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Bear-Max
Member since 2005 • 1114 Posts
[QUOTE="fore_runner"][QUOTE="walton13"][QUOTE="fore_runner"][QUOTE="countphatula"][QUOTE="fore_runner"]I just wish this new Xbox 360 2.0 included an internal HD DVD drive as well....and no power brick would be nice.cofn42
Like the Sony PS3 yeah?

Err, WORNG. Blu-ray uses one of 3 codecs MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, and SMPTE VC-1 Initial versions of Sony's Blu-ray Disc-authoring software only included support for MPEG-2 video, so the initial Blu-ray Discs were forced to use MPEG-2 rather than the newer codecs, VC-1 and H.264. An upgrade was subsequently released supporting the newer compression methods so the second wave of Blu-ray Disc titles were able to make use of this. The choice of codecs affects disc cost (due to related licensing/royalty payments) as well as program capacity. The two more advanced video codecs can typically achieve twice the video runtime of MPEG-2. When using MPEG-2, quality considerations would limit the publisher to around two hours of high-definition content on a single-layer (25 GB) BD-ROM.

Don't you just love Wikipedia... Anyway I'm not all too bothered about it. There really aren't any massive changes being brought to the table. I'm in no position to complain anyway: with the 360 I bought last January I've been able to enjoy a whole year of great, fun, and astonishingly good looking games, all in Hi-Def. I'd rather have had that than sat around for a year waiting for HDMI. If I'm being honest, the only thing that makes me wish I was able to get the new console is the prospect of it being a little quieter.
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 fore_runner
[QUOTE="fore_runner"][QUOTE="walton13"][QUOTE="fore_runner"][QUOTE="countphatula"][QUOTE="fore_runner"]I just wish this new Xbox 360 2.0 included an internal HD DVD drive as well....and no power brick would be nice.cofn42
Like the Sony PS3 yeah?

You have no idea what you're talking about. lol
Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
how big of a difference is there between HDMI 1080p and component at 1080p
ajsshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 ajsshadow
Member since 2005 • 93 Posts
My bets are that only an HDMI cable will be included, and no special AV plug. Also, an HD-DVD is highly likely to be built in, seeing it can also read DVD's, but I'm looking at it only skin deep (HD-DVD>DVD) and I suppose that's possible. The external drive I think was a last market ploy to show MS supports HD-DVD. Technically there are now three packets. A core pack, a premium pack with an HDD and component cables and possibilities to be like zephyer with buying an external drive...then there's zepheyr itself, with HDMI support, and internal HDMI slot, and it's special in its own right. My idea, sell my 360 and buy zephyer, that's there (because I have no HDMI units and am runnign my 360 through *shudder* composite because my component is full, and VGA is my computer monitor). Hopefully no power brick, and first buyers will get a free HD-DVD movie (a la Ricky Bobby for the PS3). Then I'm gonna scrounge money and see the format war. If Blu-Ray wins, I'll use my pinching to get a PS3 (instead of a one grand Blu Ray player, or an even pricier combo player). Then I'll one of my kidneys and get a Wii...and maybe another Wiimote. Well, that's my theory. But is Zephyer going to be technically superior to the 360...if so...MS just lost a customer (not really:-P)
[QUOTE="rasstarman"]

Bill Gates keynote speech will be tonight at 9:30pm EST. I can bet you that the console shown was either modded or a developers kit. I am leaning towards modded because I don't see why an individual would have that console in their home.

Everything will be answered tonight and I can bet you that the console is fake or it will never be released to the public so stop speculating and wait.

Well, at first, I though it seriously over...and did think it was a mod.  But I looked at it again, and it was just way to clean to be a mod.  Nevertheless, an HDMI port is a big mod, seeing he was able to solder up the signals correctly and get the correct chip to handle the signal and blah blah blah.  In short, getting HDMI out of the XBOX 360 AV plug is no easy task for even the greatest modders (Kevin Horton, Ben, Dave).
cofn42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 cofn42
[QUOTE="cofn42"][QUOTE="fore_runner"][QUOTE="walton13"][QUOTE="fore_runner"][QUOTE="countphatula"][QUOTE="fore_runner"]I just wish this new Xbox 360 2.0 included an internal HD DVD drive as well....and no power brick would be nice.fore_runner
Like the Sony PS3 yeah?

You have no idea what you're talking about. lol

Well then show me some proof that I am wrong. That was the Wikipedia explaination, would you like me to site others? Go to blu-ray.com if you are no convienced. What video codecs will Blu-ray support? MPEG-2 - enhanced for HD, also used for playback of DVDs and HDTV recordings. MPEG-4 AVC - part of the MPEG-4 standard also known as H.264 (High Profile and Main Profile). SMPTE VC-1 - standard based on Microsoft's Windows Media Video (WMV) technology. It must suck to be sooooo wrong......
remlap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 remlap
Member since 2003 • 458 Posts

Considering the whole reason I bought a 360 in the first place was because I was tired of upgrading my computer every 1-2 years, this is kind of dissapointing and a little frustrating. The whole point of a console is that it doesn't become obsolete for at least 4 years.

Grr...

Avatar image for Goldeneyemaster
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Goldeneyemaster
Member since 2003 • 6906 Posts
yea if MS lets the people who own 360's turn them in to get the v2 and pay the coverage cost of the extra added things i think all will go well. hopefully they will do that and show some compassion towards us. better start praying.
DoE_bOi
I agree. I will be pretty mad if I get stuck with my old system, and there is no way to get a new one except go trade mine in at Gamestop for practically nothing
Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
[QUOTE="DoE_bOi"]yea if MS lets the people who own 360's turn them in to get the v2 and pay the coverage cost of the extra added things i think all will go well. hopefully they will do that and show some compassion towards us. better start praying.
Goldeneyemaster
I agree. I will be pretty mad if I get stuck with my old system, and there is no way to get a new one except go trade mine in at Gamestop for practically nothing

then what are they gonna do with the old ones?
kriptonzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 kriptonzz
Member since 2004 • 3637 Posts
Pshh, I don't care. 720p is absoluetely beautiful, I don't know who needs 1080p, but I can't see a difference between them. This is a big whoop. (to me at least)
kkuanloung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 kkuanloung
Member since 2004 • 585 Posts
dam.. i was afraid tis day would come.. a second gen 360.. wif extra functions.. half of me feel cheated.. but the other half say tat i made my decision to get a 360 before 2007...
1vgfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#72 1vgfan
Member since 2004 • 1338 Posts
[QUOTE="kriptonzz"]Pshh, I don't care. 720p is absoluetely beautiful, I don't know who needs 1080p, but I can't see a difference between them. This is a big whoop. (to me at least)

Just what I think.
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 fore_runner
[QUOTE="kriptonzz"]Pshh, I don't care. 720p is absoluetely beautiful, I don't know who needs 1080p, but I can't see a difference between them. This is a big whoop. (to me at least)

Well...the xbox 360 can already do 1080p...it's really about an analog signal vs a digital signal.
Falco-88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Falco-88
Member since 2005 • 233 Posts
[QUOTE="Falco-88"]my sisters bf told me i could buy someting so i can conect my 360 to my pc monitor is that the hdmi or what is it and were can i get itMatmoo_Wii60
Use VGA, you can buy the adapter from most major retailers.

if i get the vga cables do i need anything els cuz i saw the picture of the cable and it looks like u need an adapter or something to plug it in to a monitor
*KORNDAWG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 *KORNDAWG
Member since 2006 • 75 Posts
Don't forget that with HDMI, you can also upconvert your SD DVDs, if you don't have a VGA input on your TV (like me), I have an extra HDMI on my TV and would love to have that option on my 360. So yeah, I am bummed that they are relasing a new one but would be thrilled if I had a cheap, viable option to upgrade my current system. 1080p isn't the only advantage of HDMI....
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 lotr_2003
Member since 2003 • 2096 Posts

We all know this is bogus now! It was modded. There are no Xbox 360 v2.

www.microsoft.com/ces

heavyarms117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 heavyarms117
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
They didn't annouce it at CES which just ended. I think it was a fake.

sorry guys : (
Spot2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79 Spot2009
Member since 2004 • 666 Posts
[QUOTE="jag1491"]Check this out, from the 2005 holiday 360 buyers guide

Wow. That's really weird. That picture really is something, though. However, Microsoft didn't say anything about it at CES I believe. So it either means: 1. Modded Xbox 360 (The video came from xbox-scene, come on) 2. Microsoft doesn't want to release information. I really hope they do not create an HDMI Xbox 360, unless they send every current Xbox 360 owner the new model (by request), which is not going to happen. I would really hate to buy a new Xbox 360 for higher def gaming (since I do have a TV that can support HDMI w/ 1080p).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 00472388
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Of course there not going to annouce it because it would hurt sales, they still need to still all of current 360's and it probably won't be out until they get the smaller chip size
luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
Not to say they won't do it some day, I think the video & pics were faked. Someone could make a modification that would make it look like an HDMI port on the back (even if the xbox doesn't have that functionality). Somebody took their 360 and put it into a laptop. If they could do that, then they could fake an HDMI port.
Rentago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#82 Rentago
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts
I just wish this new Xbox 360 2.0 included an internal HD DVD drive as well....and no power brick would be nice.fore_runner
If it did then the 360 would be at the same price as the PS3
Rentago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#83 Rentago
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts
Btw its just an updated model like new functions and **** its not like a completely new console it will feature everything it used to have in the premium package just with an HDMI port now. Everyone is thinking completely wrong. It will filter out the old models as idiots continue to misuse the xbox360. Its not a completely new console if anything they saving more money selling that and that 120GB hard drive will most definitely not come with it what kind of retard would believe that? They trying to make money here they would sell it separate for like 200 or more. the 20GB is the starter kit and when your out of room it will force you to buy the 120GB. Its like how they make you spend more money in total when you buy the core from the premium. Don't be fooled.
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 rasstarman
Member since 2004 • 852 Posts
It's fake. Why would a console with HDMI appear on a site that's devoted to modding the 360? If it's a prototype why would it be in the hands of some lamer that creates a video and posts it on youtube? It's fake people so please give it a rest. MS didn't even mention anything about it at CES.
XtremePhsyco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 XtremePhsyco
Member since 2004 • 1725 Posts
i wish they went to memory to see if it had the 120 GB hard drive.
And why was he playing Kameo!?
ganon42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ganon42
Member since 2004 • 1749 Posts
you guys think if this is true, it will be released this year?
neohistory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 neohistory
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts
dx10 dx10 dx10 dx10 please.....
ps3-ps3-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ps3-ps3-ps3
Member since 2006 • 289 Posts
it supposed to be revealed this week at CES 2007 jan 8-11
cofn42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 cofn42
They didn't annouce it at CES which just ended. I think it was a fake.

sorry guys : (
heavyarms117
Ummm, CES starts today, Jan 8th... MS had a keynote speach last night and did not bring it up, that does not mean that over the next 3 days of the Show we wont get any surprises.
The9thghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 The9thghost
Member since 2004 • 619 Posts
take a look at this article: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36749
it has some interesting links and maybe put a doubt in your mind that this is a fake.
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 rasstarman

take a look at this article: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36749
it has some interesting links and maybe put a doubt in your mind that this is a fake.
The9thghost

If you look carefully you will realize that it's the same console in all the pics. Isn't that strange and how did it get into the hands of modders?

do you really think that some guy from xbox-scene (a hacker's site btw) would be the only one who magically got his hands on this supposed version 2?  and if this version 2 were so spectacular and so unbelievable with its HDMI glory, do you honestly think he'd just have it sitting on the floor on some 13 inch TV?  and if this version 2 were in fact so real..and had these cool HDMI ports then why would someone not just simply use the hdmi cable directly to the version 2.  i'm sure they received a cable when they got their hands on it...if you're developing an hdmi port, you don't use adapters to connect it....i'd assume you use a direct connection with an hdmi cable. i'm sure they received one when getting this cool new version 2 instead of using an adapter to connect it all right?

I think it's just a modded xbox.

but hey...it's on the interweb...it's true.

The9thghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 The9thghost
Member since 2004 • 619 Posts

[QUOTE="The9thghost"]take a look at this article: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36749
rasstarman

If you look carefully you will realize that it's the same console in all the pics. Isn't that strange and how did it get into the hands of modders?

do you really think that some guy from xbox-scene (a hacker's site btw) would be the only one who magically got his hands on this supposed version 2? and if this version 2 were so spectacular and so unbelievable with its HDMI glory, do you honestly think he'd just have it sitting on the floor on some 13 inch TV? and if this version 2 were in fact so real..and had these cool HDMI ports then why would someone not just simply use the hdmi cable directly to the version 2. i'm sure they received a cable when they got their hands on it...if you're developing an hdmi port, you don't use adapters to connect it....i'd assume you use a direct connection with an hdmi cable. i'm sure they received one when getting this cool new version 2 instead of using an adapter to connect it all right?

did you read through the article or just look at the pics? there are links within that factually describe a manufacturer relationship dealing with the new chips and how they got delayed. this does not confirm or deny the hdmi stuff, but it does add some validity the idea that a second version of 360 will be released. You're awfully hostile for no good reason. What do you mean the pics are all the same console? of course it is! you need a bunch of different pics of different consoles all showing the same thing? how does that make sense. you're throwing away the idea because the video shows him using too small a tv? Sounds to me like you're being critical just for the sake of being critical. Perhaps the tv he had only had dvi and that's why he used a converter. Perhaps this box was a dev box that they snuck out to make a quick video. you assume this was someone given away to someone and that person should be showing it off on all the state of the art equipment. Ever think maybe they had to sneak around to make the vid and used what they had on hand? You're just being negative for the sake of being negative.

I'm not saying it's real, but there are reasons to believe that it is not fake. It may be just a modded xbox, or it may be the next xbox. If you refuse to keep your mind open, you may be embarrassed in the future.
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 rasstarman
[QUOTE="rasstarman"]

[QUOTE="The9thghost"]take a look at this article: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36749
The9thghost

do you really think that some guy from xbox-scene (a hacker's site btw) would be the only one who magically got his hands on this supposed version 2? and if this version 2 were so spectacular and so unbelievable with its HDMI glory, do you honestly think he'd just have it sitting on the floor on some 13 inch TV? and if this version 2 were in fact so real..and had these cool HDMI ports then why would someone not just simply use the hdmi cable directly to the version 2. i'm sure they received a cable when they got their hands on it...if you're developing an hdmi port, you don't use adapters to connect it....i'd assume you use a direct connection with an hdmi cable. i'm sure they received one when getting this cool new version 2 instead of using an adapter to connect it all right?

did you read through the article or just look at the pics? there are links within that factually describe a manufacturer relationship dealing with the new chips and how they got delayed. this does not confirm or deny the hdmi stuff, but it does add some validity the idea that a second version of 360 will be released. You're awfully hostile for no good reason. What do you mean the pics are all the same console? of course it is! you need a bunch of different pics of different consoles all showing the same thing? how does that make sense. you're throwing away the idea because the video shows him using too small a tv? Sounds to me like you're being critical just for the sake of being critical. Perhaps the tv he had only had dvi and that's why he used a converter. Perhaps this box was a dev box that they snuck out to make a quick video. you assume this was someone given away to someone and that person should be showing it off on all the state of the art equipment. Ever think maybe they had to sneak around to make the vid and used what they had on hand? You're just being negative for the sake of being negative.

I'm not saying it's real, but there are reasons to believe that it is not fake. It may be just a modded xbox, or it may be the next xbox. If you refuse to keep your mind open, you may be embarrassed in the future.

Everyone knows there is a new processor and I read the article. The developers boxes are black I think. If you search the internet it seems as if most people believe it and are upset about it. All I am saying is that it could just be all fake.

marco_basaglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94 marco_basaglia
Member since 2004 • 1697 Posts
God damn if this is true, screw the PS3, I'm going for the 360.
misfit_780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#95 misfit_780
Member since 2006 • 339 Posts
kinda hope this isnt true as would love a 120GB HDD
genes888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 genes888
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts
kinda hope this isnt true as would love a 120GB HDD misfit_780
Default Gday All, I will definately be trading up my 360 for the V2 console when it's released! HDMI is the future of High Definition Gaming and I already have a HDTV with HDMI input! I'll just have to flog off my HDMI DVD Player when I get the V2 360! woo hoo.. finally true HD gaming on the 360 is coming to town! and the 120GB HDD will be an added bonus too. 20GB sux as it's just way too small! Somewhere down the track, Microsoft will eventually be releasing NEW games & movies thru it's xBox Live Site for download (it's already started with TV shows and music videos in the USA)! It seems pretty obvious that will be the way we will be getting our games in the near future, and why Microsoft are pre-empting this by releasing a larger HDD now... also, there is only a miniscule probability that Microsoft will be releasing a built-in HD-DVD drive with 360 V2. This is because they want to ALLOW consumers the choice of choosing which format is suitable for them. That was their initial decision before releasing the 360. Who knows right, Microsoft might just release an additional external Blu-Ray DVD drive for consumers to purchase too??? They may be supporting HD-DVD as of now, but they don't own the technology (Toshiba owns the HD-DVD technology), and when it becomes clearer in the next 12 months which format will eventually dominate the marketplace, then 360 owners will have a choice of either having HD-DVD, Blu-Ray or even both. in the end, we consumers will be getting the greatest benefit from all this technology! so bring it on I say!
citizen-zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 citizen-zero
Member since 2006 • 892 Posts
I think that video might have a modded 360. That wouldn't be that hard to do, if someone really wanted to. And, what the hell is the point of having HDMI, if the VGA cables still deliver 1080p?
PvtRyan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 PvtRyan2
Member since 2006 • 198 Posts

Where did the rumor of the 120 GB hard drive start?

Seeing how there is ZERO proof.

genes888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 genes888
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts

Where did the rumor of the 120 GB hard drive start?

Seeing how there is ZERO proof.

PvtRyan2
they are all just rumours at the moment. nothing is definate! just remember that japanese video on youtube with the guy holding a 100GB xbox 360 HDD in his had! that was totally fake! or maybe, it could be a microsoft insider dropping these rumours to create some buzz with the 360 and get peoples interests up and for new buyers to want to get the 360 over the PS3! developers do like to drop rumours before a big release to generate hype and therefore find out how much interest there is in a particular update before it's official release!
lukedeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lukedeem
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
 I do have a TV that can support HDMI w/ 1080p. I will be very upset if new xbox 360 will come out soon with the HDMI port. In a matter of 6 or less months my xbox 360 may become outdated (as far as HD output is concerned)? I just invested $500+ w/ no HDMI, I bought the Xbox under the impression that it will be current and the latest and greatest... what gives? What options will loyal customers like myself that bought early 360's have as far as HDMI is concerned?
Basicly we're screwed out of HDMI and we still have to worry about that damn hot 90 series chip
Great