im going to regret this

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

i rerented ninja gaiden 2 for the sole purpose of beating it on "master ninja"

just thinking about when i beat it on "mentor" gives me the shivers :(

but ive been going thru games ive previously beat to get 1000/1000 and i wasnt expecting to get ninja gaiden 2 this soon (gamefly, what can ya do)

i sense a great rage coming

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Grab an energy drink and something to beat. Afterwards have fun breaking your knuckles :P.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 i-rock-socks

Grab an energy drink and something to beat. Afterwards have fun breaking your knuckles :P.

craigalan23

this is the exact reason i stopped playing cod4 online lol

too much anger :evil:

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
yeah for some reason in Ninja Gaiden, the difficulty is alway set to Jesus mode
therealryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 therealryu
Member since 2004 • 388 Posts

I'm playing master Ninja right now and it makes me cry at night : (

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#6 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1729 Posts
I've only played the old NG games but I wish you lots of luck on Master Ninja!
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
energy drinks while you play, but also a bottle of whiskey next to u in case it becomes too much (which is almost a given)
Flairlend_l337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Flairlend_l337
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

Yeah sad to say the only victimsof the unfortunate anger is the controller and the wall.....haha usually quit then 10 min later im back in the same ol' predicamint lol.......RIP

SLUG85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SLUG85
Member since 2009 • 31 Posts
wow good luck, i made it through about the first five minutes on master diff. and wanted to smash my tv.....havnt played since
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
im too busy with school, and i procrastinate alot, but its doable, i beat the original on the hardest difficulty, just take ur time and come up with some strategies and look at some vids to help you
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chaoscougar1
why do they make games this hard? i know its a good challenge but it drives most players insane just trying to finish it. it cant be good for our overall mental health.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 105506
Member since 2004 • 5285 Posts

Good luck there. I know how hard this game is.....I never get angry at games but this game is an exeption. Good luck there ;)

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

Man... I've not played NG2 in forever. Master Ninja was a killer. I still haven't beat it. I actually don't want to.

WARHOPPER74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WARHOPPER74
Member since 2009 • 175 Posts

Dude if you beat it on master ninja i have great respect for you

km1498

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 km1498
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

I was never able to finish NG2 on master ninja too bad I already traded it in at gamestop or I would try to finish it.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

That game is just too difficult.

xscott1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xscott1018
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
it will be impossible to beat that game. i've heard that it is one of the hardest games to play on the hardest difficulty. i would say grab an energy drink and something to get u mellow.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts

It is not impossible to beat the game but once you play the higest difficulty settings the game becomes no fun at all. The game becomes a chore and you will get really frustrated. I beat Master Ninja on ninja gaiden black years back and it made me hate the game. Same thing goes for the Call of duty games on Vet, that difficulty just brings out the worst in me and makes the game so un-enjoyable. I say good luck, but if you can't do it then don't worry there is no shame in it. My advice to you would be to not worry about the achievements and just play the game for fun.

LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts

a certain illegal thing might calm you down enough to play it but it might make you forget what you were playing.

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 aryoshi
why do they make games this hard? i know its a good challenge but it drives most players insane just trying to finish it. it cant be good for our overall mental health.chaoscougar1
Have you ever played many NES games my friend? XD
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]why do they make games this hard? i know its a good challenge but it drives most players insane just trying to finish it. it cant be good for our overall mental health.aryoshi

although i was alive and played them, too young to remember what they were like :P so not really,
Joss09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Joss09
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

Think I'll steer clear of this game now, thanks to all you guys and gals. :lol:

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 aryoshi
[QUOTE="aryoshi"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]why do they make games this hard? i know its a good challenge but it drives most players insane just trying to finish it. it cant be good for our overall mental health.chaoscougar1

although i was alive and played them, too young to remember what they were like :P so not really,

I've played several which make me wanna pull my hair out and my skull with it x_x Though I might have to play this one, I like a hard game now and then. Though I tend to stick with the NES anyway.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts

...and I almost picked this up for $20 the other day.

kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts

Man... I've not played NG2 in forever. Master Ninja was a killer. I still haven't beat it. I actually don't want to.

lowkey254
That's how I feel, made it through mentor and even though it was frustrating a lot, there were also times where the challenge was fun. Master Ninja, I made it a little ways then at one point after getting hit with so many exploding projectiles at once that my entire screen was covered in flame and I couldn't even see Ryu, I just said "Screw this, I don't wanna do this anymore" :D
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="aryoshi"] Have you ever played many NES games my friend? XDaryoshi

I've played several which make me wanna pull my hair out and my skull with it x_x Though I might have to play this one, I like a hard game now and then. Though I tend to stick with the NES anyway.

i dont mind a challenging game, i do enjoy CoD veteran, Madden on All-Madden, Diablo 2 on Hell; but some games just need to be toned down, granted not everyone should be able to complete it on the hardest difficulty but you dont want the majority going insane from frustration either

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

When you start to get frustrated, take a break to pleasure yourself vigorously. The brief 'high' you'll get at the, um, climax will be enough to rejuvenate your fading will to win and put you firmly back on the road for those full 1000 points. Kind of like a Phoenix Down, really. Only it won't come courtesy of a spiky-haired youth dressed in leather.

I assume.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11948 Posts
[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

When you start to get frustrated, take a break to pleasure yourself vigorously. The brief 'high' you'll get at the, um, climax will be enough to rejuvenate your fading will to win and put you firmly back on the road for those full 1000 points. Kind of like a Phoenix Down, really. Only it won't come courtesy of a spiky-haired youth dressed in leather.

I assume.

Don't forget to was your hands when you start playing again, you don't want any sticky buttons.
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

I assume.

gatsbythepig

Don't forget to was your hands when you start playing again, you don't want any sticky buttons.

Very true :) Mother Nature's two-minute pick-me-up can be a rather messy affair.

Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

Get some more pads on order from amazon, and remove ANYTHING of value from the room that isn't totally necessary to running the game. You might want to evacuate your house or flat to prevent any deaths as well.

mankvill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mankvill
Member since 2003 • 862 Posts

I still haven't beaten Ninja Gaiden Black. D:

ufcfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ufcfan1987
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts

[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"][QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

I assume.

Business_Fun

Very true :) Mother Nature's two-minute pick-me-up can be a rather messy affair.

moving on moving on

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

Get some more pads on order from amazon, and remove ANYTHING of value from the room that isn't totally necessary to running the game. You might want to evacuate your house or flat to prevent any deaths as well.

Stashbash

LMAO!! I actually broke a controller on the first Ninja Gaiden for xbox. it was durnig the tank mission. Big props to anyone that can beat NG2 on master ninja

gears90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gears90
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

I cant even beat it on the second difficulty :)

Asagea_888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 193

#35 Asagea_888
Member since 2008 • 430 Posts

i rerented ninja gaiden 2 for the sole purpose of beating it on "master ninja"

just thinking about when i beat it on "mentor" gives me the shivers :(

but ive been going thru games ive previously beat to get 1000/1000 and i wasnt expecting to get ninja gaiden 2 this soon (gamefly, what can ya do)

i sense a great rage coming

i-rock-socks

Good luck and may the path of the Ninja always guide you.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 i-rock-socks
[QUOTE="aryoshi"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]why do they make games this hard? i know its a good challenge but it drives most players insane just trying to finish it. it cant be good for our overall mental health.chaoscougar1

lol same here and now that i think of it i dont think i beat a single NES game ever... cant think of any :(
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 i-rock-socks

I assume.

Business_Fun

LMAO

nice8)

Stashbash

with that in mind im hiding my psp in the other room

therealryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 therealryu

...and I almost picked this up for $20 the other day.

Strife88

You should have it's awesome. I'm playing on Master Ninja right now but it's the best action I have ever played hands down.

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts
Is this game really that hard? What, specifically, about it makes it so difficult. I haven't played it before...
THEGoD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 THEGoD1
Member since 2009 • 741 Posts

make sure no little childern are in your arm reach you will break their jaw when you get pissed which is often

oh and make sure ur parents are out of ur house because you will be cussing like hell. good luck

THEGoD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 THEGoD1
[QUOTE="ufcfan1987"]

[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

Don't forget to was your hands when you start playing again, you don't want any sticky buttons.gatsbythepig

moving on moving on

WOW ha
THEGoD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 THEGoD1

I'm playing master Ninja right now and it makes me cry at night : (

therealryu
this made me giggle
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 i-rock-socks

Is this game really that hard? What, specifically, about it makes it so difficult. I haven't played it before...sourcerah

exploding everything

everything else you have to figure it out by playing

Evandemocracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Evandemocracy
Member since 2009 • 303 Posts

and people complain about A.I. Being to easy not enough of a challenge aren't to fond of this Game.

damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts

Yeah i haven't beaten the first level yet, going from warrior to mentor is hell because on the first level they have those crazy ninjas that use exploding shurikens and without having a decent set of moves from the start you just keep dieing.I'd rather play a game on easy there is absolutely no point in getting frustrated and even when i played on the easiest difficulty the first time it was still so hard i died on that storm fiend about 20 times.I actually got decent and whizzed through warrior thinking mentor should be a breeze...hows that for being up yourself.

therealryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 therealryu

The game wasn't that hard for me on Mentor. Master Ninja is where the real insanity lies. If you want to push your gaming skills to the absolute limits play master ninja.

The creator Tomonobu Itagaki said that he designed that difficulty to break your spirit and make you quit. And it probably will, since most people don't even finish warrior let alone master ninja.

This game is not for the faint of heart or people who don't like an extreme challenge. It is definitely the reincarnation of old school hardcore games but in next gen splendor.

The combat is so well done though, that if you learn how to fight you will be unstoppable and is NEVER cheap. It takes a TON of practice and determination though.

Avatar image for LABoxingFighter
LABoxingFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LABoxingFighter
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts
drink N.O.-Xplode
therealryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 therealryu

Is this game really that hard? What, specifically, about it makes it so difficult. I haven't played it before...sourcerah

Yes it is that hard it's insane on the higher difficulties.

Basically the enemy AI is relentless and will stop at nothing to kill you. You're always heavily outnumbered and you can't button mash without killing yourself (you can get away with a little bit on the lower difficulties) Your enemies are fast, smart and vicious. They will change their tactics faster than you can think. The bosses are even crazier.

Just try playing it you'll understand. The thing that I love about it and what keeps me coming back is the fact that the combat is so deep you'll never learn every trick no matter how long you play. The quote from the developer was "Fun to play, hard to master." And it's exactly that.

PervySageIsamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PervySageIsamu
Member since 2009 • 227 Posts

good luck beating that bro

if you beat that then you have respect from thousands of gamers

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts