IGN says Mass Effect 2 is the best 360 game, do you agree?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

I agree, I mean not many games come as close to being so well done in every category including story, content, gameplay, graphics and sound.

The frame rate issues the guys on the first page mentioned, not once did I have any framerate issues. I have to say though that the only other game that would come close to being the best xbox 360 game would have to be Fallout 3. Not many are top level games.

greendayR0cks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 greendayR0cks
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts
I like Mass Effect 2 and it was definitely one of my top 5 favorite games of 2010, but IGN calling it the best Xbox 360 game isn't true. Matter of fact, I enjoyed Alan Wake, Final Fantasy 13 (IMO), Last Remnant, and lot more better games then Mass Effect 2. I love the game, but its not the best game ever.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

I like Mass Effect 2 and it was definitely one of my top 5 favorite games of 2010, but IGN calling it the best Xbox 360 game isn't true. Matter of fact, I enjoyed Alan Wake, Final Fantasy 13 (IMO), Last Remnant, and lot more better games then Mass Effect 2. I love the game, but its not the best game ever.greendayR0cks

Agree there where many good games this gen that look good..Making it number one no...Bioshock was awesome, oblivion at the time was good looking sure five years later it showed its age..Gta 4 is great looking, batman was awesome, alan wake was a good lookin game and fun, its up there but not number one top five ya..

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I agree, I mean not many games come as close to being so well done in every category including story, content, gameplay, graphics and sound.

SouL-Tak3R

Wait what?

How does it rank high in anything but story and sound?

It's a poor action game and a poor RPG, it's a stripped down version of the first game.

The only thing that was upgraded from Mass Effect 1 was the voice acting

rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 rawrB
Member since 2009 • 627 Posts

for me it was by a long shot it couldnt stop playing till i finished every night affter work , and iv never really been that way with a game but me2 got a hold of me. iv yet to find a game that i couldnt put down since.

however i could understand why alot would disagree with its the best on 360 i think me games are of certain taste

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#56 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

ME2 is a linear corridor shooter with invisible walls unlikeable characters, you can't even change how you look when you get new armor, scanning planets constantly was boring, they couldn't even implement some kind of random quest/dungeon generator to give the game some longevity and laughable story, similar to Dragon Age 1/2.

Totally not the best game of the year.

DrD3V1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 DrD3V1L
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts

No, I don't agree! It's not even in my top 10.

superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

To be blunt, no.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Not at all
Archias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Archias
Member since 2003 • 221 Posts

Mass Effect 1 and 2 were both stellar games (see what I did there).

Don't let anyone tell you they're not. You may not like the genre or the setting, but that does not make it a bad game.

Anyone that says otherwise is just being the typical hipster counter-culture snob.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
yes
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
i disagree, i loved ME 2 alot but it wasnt the best 360 game i ever played ( nor is it a 360 only game ) as far as 360 only id go Gears Of War 2, and as far as multiplatform but still played on 360 id say borderlands
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#63 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
No, I wouldn't say so. It may be a runner-up for best RPG, but even then I doubt it would win against Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 1 Best game on the 360 may well be Red Dead Redemption. As far as the few 360 exclusives go, Gears of War 2 easily takes the cake
3DSTICKMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 3DSTICKMAN
Member since 2011 • 301 Posts
I doubt it, I never got round to playing 2 due to the suckyness of 1, but tbh it could be a good game for those who like that sort of game, I dont so Im not going to say its not the best, I just doubt that it is as I'm sure there are games out there that offer so much more than the M.E games.
Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#65 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts
Yup - It sure is.
ShadowNinja87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ShadowNinja87
Member since 2010 • 404 Posts
How is ME2 the best 360 game? It's not even a exclusive anymore lol. FAIL
xXShortroundXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 xXShortroundXx
Member since 2011 • 1807 Posts

Definetely not. I disagree %100. Mass Effect 2 took everything good from the 1st and ripped it to shreds. It's a weak action game and a weak rpg. It struggles to find an identity for itself and that hurts it as it makes for a boring and bland experience.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

How is ME2 the best 360 game? It's not even a exclusive anymore lol. FAILShadowNinja87

My copy of Mass Effect 2 says 'Xbox360' on the cover and I'm 100% sure it plays in my Xbox360, so....yea...I'm pretty sure it can be safely considered an Xbox360 game.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I thought Mass Effect 2 was bad compared to 1. They just turned it into another shooter. Bioshock 1 was pretty awesome but so was Portal 2. I'd say one of those two would be the best IMO.

HexedPelican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 HexedPelican
Member since 2011 • 590 Posts
I have yet to play it but I doubt it is.
red-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#71 red-ray
Member since 2008 • 882 Posts
One of the bests not my personal best
bub166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 bub166
Member since 2006 • 2607 Posts

I like ME2, but I honestly haven't even finished it. So far, it's very reptitive. Go into mission, kill people, recruit someone. Do that a few more times, then a boss mission, that is a lot like the recruit missions, just more story based and you don't get a new recruit. Don't get me wrong, the gun play is pretty good, and I like the story, but having to do that twice is frustrating.

T_Vol_Cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 T_Vol_Cowboy
Member since 2010 • 119 Posts

Gears of War is not even close. Mass Effect or Call of Duty series.

Aesthete18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74 Aesthete18
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts

Totally agree with Black_Knight_00 and xXShortroundXx, ME1 was an amazing ground breaking experience for me, but ME2 was just **** there are ruins in other RPGs bigger than the Citadel, and the armor customization was just pathetic, all it was is a mediocre shooter, pretending to be an RPG. ACtually can someone please tell me what was so great about it that it got a 9/10? besides the voice acting and characters, i thought that was good.

As an all round best game I would say Red Dead probably, all the side missions were just as fun if not more fun than the main missions, and for a person who rarely ever play the same game twice, it was pretty fun the second time around too.

spirit_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 spirit_777
Member since 2010 • 116 Posts

I don't agree in my opinion Dragon Age 2 is leagues ahead of mass effect 2. Also I think mass effect 1 was better that 2 becuase in 2 they reduced the rpg elements and that is not a good thing :(

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

[QUOTE="BFKZ"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

The game is garbage

It's either a weak RPG or a weak action game.

Then again it's IGN so I don't expect them to know much about games

Jaysonguy

i can't help but agree a little bit, but saying its garbage would be going too far. --------------------------------- Games like gears of war would own it action wise, story, graphics and having rpg elements is all it has going for it imo.

I don't think it's too far, the game has nothing of quality going for it.

If you strip away the Mass Effect title what are you left with? A game that's woefully lacking as an action title that's so freaking generic it's inexcusable with it's "hey let's walk a bit and oh no some boxes, expect a fight" level design and the game was streamlined so much that all the RPG elements are missing in the game.

Mass Effect 2 was a big "we hope you're not too dense to play this" from Bioware. For whatever reason they felt that having control over your character's customization is bad and that when it comes to gameplay the most basic and generic is best.

I'm really hoping they learned from 2 and make 3 better because right now all they have is the story and that alone doesn't put this game in the top 20 let alone number one.

] exactly what this guy said personally i think halo 3 is #1 it had so many features and they were all amazing
ebelle96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ebelle96
Member since 2011 • 55 Posts

The Mass Effect games are amazing, so yes, i would say so.

Anthrizacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 Anthrizacks
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts

Absolutely not. I actually really loathe the Mass Effect series. I played both games and would rate the entire experience in the 3 to 4 out of 10 range, no joke. The terrible dialogue and disgustingly affectless voice acting (no matter what they were saying it was always in the same tone) on top of the "been there, done that" gameplay that so many other games do better. The story? Hackneyed Sci-Fi drivel. I've seen it in every Sci-Fi movie or show or game that I have witnessed. This game is incredibly generic, and deserving of next-to-no praise.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I agree with them.

mattydman2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80 mattydman2
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts

I can tell its an excellent game, but it wasn't for me. There was so much to do but I had no incentive to do it all. Fallout is still my favourite RPG, though I'd have to say the COD series as a whole is a massive gaming achievement.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

I can tell its an excellent game, but it wasn't for me. There was so much to do but I had no incentive to do it all. Fallout is still my favourite RPG, though I'd have to say the COD series as a whole is a massive gaming achievement.

mattydman2

Its not 'cool' to like Call of Duty anymore. Didn't you know?

Order your new Battlefield 3 T-shirt here if you want to be taken seriously in the future:

www.battlefield3merch.com

(i like CoD a lot)

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
I would agree that it is the best xbox 360 game out. The game excels in every area: voice acting, graphics, lighting, dialogue, improvement to gameplay, backstory and lore, multiple ways to play the game, and on top of that it allows you to have your decisions from ME1 carry over. Granted the game may have some flaws, and some people may not like certain things of the game; but overall I feel it provides a great gaming experience.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
ME2 was amazing, but so was ME1 which I am playing throuhg now on the PC.
gem98088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 gem98088
Member since 2011 • 542 Posts
ME2 > Mining mini game, and the hacking and other mini games are so tedious and anoying. No game should win GOTY with stuff like that.
The-Tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 The-Tree
Member since 2010 • 3315 Posts

Story wise, it's my favorite.

But my favorite multiplayer 360 game has to go with Halo 3, oh the memories.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#86 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I'd say it's one of the best, I can easily see people saying that.

The main story was just as poor as the first but it expanded and improved the universe, the writing was improved, characters were better and there were more of them. A lot of really good and really funny lines. The dialogue interrupts were great. The game had a lot of high quality DLC (Lair of the Shadow Broker and Overload)). Gameplay was usually just decent but had moments where it could be a lot of fun. It improved the AI, abilities, and customization of the first game.

lexika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lexika
Member since 2009 • 873 Posts
I think it's the game I've been glued to for the longest at one point. That and Oblivion.
chuckiechan43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 chuckiechan43
Member since 2005 • 163 Posts
its a great game and it made me actually care about each and every character in the game but saying its the best might be going a bit too far
Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Zevvion
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

Yeah, I agree. Although I also have a personal weakness for Mirror's Edge and Darksiders. Both games are very underrated in my book.

Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

ME2 is really good, but it'sreally overrated.

The combat just felt ugh, like a much more sluggish Gears of War. Not to mention they completely dropped inventory and planet exploration. Instead we got a loadout system with about 6 guns in existance, and a ton of tiny corridors to fight in.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Zevvion
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

ME2 is really good, but it'sreally overrated.

The combat just felt ugh, like a much more sluggish Gears of War. Not to mention they completely dropped inventory and planet exploration. Instead we got a loadout system with about 6 guns in existance, and a ton of tiny corridors to fight in.

Lord_Nas3k
Agree with your points, but it's still not underrated I think. Allot of things also improved upon the first game. I didn't see a better game in 2010 than ME2.