Halo Reach (How To Play)

• 193 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

So after playing the Reach beta for about 2 hours yesterday, I have to say that the secondary abilites they added in are the breath of fresh air that Halo needed. So far me, I prefer using either Active Camo or Jet Pack. The new weapons are sweet as well. The Focus Rifle is simply a beast and the DMR is awesome. I'd like to see Bungie work within these classes and give them certain weapon s to start with. My only complaint with Reach is that I simply dont see Bungie pushing the 360's graphical capabilities. The graphics look just like Halo 3 and ODST to me. Now that being said, I am not a graphics whore or anyhting, but I figured that in the 3 years since Halo 3 was released, Bungie would have been able to push the 360 a little harder. Maybe they will be improved for the final product. Based on my playtime thus far, Reach will once again give 360 gamers years of playtime just as every other Halo game has!!

NemeSyS-1

I'm a jetpack/sprint guy

My only problem is that the standard assault rifle is a little underpowered, besides that I'm cool

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts

Sadly dissapointed. I know its just a beta, but I had higher hopes for this one. Maybe I really suck at Halo, but most of the guns feel underpowered. The Assault rifle feels pretty much useless as the default gun. I empty clip after clip into guys and they still walk away.To kill or get killed seems largely based on throwing a well placed grenade and then getting in a few quick shots. Personally I find the action too fast inHalo games to pull ofhead shots on a regular basis. I will keepplaying the beta tillit stops but I am honestly riding the fence now on whether or not I will purchase the final release. Needless to say I am one fan who is let down by this beta.Not sure why every company feels the need to change mutiplayer so much from previous games. If it aint broke don't fix it.

tbs76
To be fair though, the final game will not be exactly like the Beta. Watch the video where the Bungie guys talk about the Beta and what to expect. The first thing they say is "The final game will not be like the Beta." Keep an open mind. If you feel the guns are underpowered, go to the Bungie forums and mention that. Give feedback. That's the purpose of this whole exercise. Bungie is taking note of what works and what doesn't. They will be tweaking the balance of weapons and abilities based on the feedback.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

Likes: I like the game type where everyone is Elites as well as stockpile. Its very intense and fast paced.

Dislikes: I dont like the post carnage menu. its too cluttered. I dislike the the grenade icons on the HUD. I'd rather it say beatdown then "pummeled", lol

the map sword base looks like a remake of boarding action fron Halo 1.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Likes: I like the game type where everyone is Elites as well as stockpile. Its very intense and fast paced.

Dislikes: I dont like the post carnage menu. its too cluttered. I dislike the the grenade icons on the HUD. I'd rather it say beatdown then "pummeled", lol

BLAS1AN
There really trying to bring back Halo : CE so that may be the reason for the Map Sword base. So I guess there's no BR? Or no BR in the beta? I wish they'd release a map with vehicles. But i'm some what enjoying it so far. And that's what all the red dots are... Oh, lol.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

Wakanoid

There really trying to bring back Halo : CE so that may be the reason for the Map Sword base. So I guess there's no BR? Or no BR in the beta? I wish they'd release a map with vehicles. But i'm some what enjoying it so far. And that's what all the red dots are... Oh, lol.

i beleive there will be a game type comming out with 3 tier objectives with vehicles in it. i saw a gametype called 3 plots but nobody ever votes on it so i never played it. maybe vehicles are in there.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

So after playing the Reach beta for about 2 hours yesterday, I have to say that the secondary abilites they added in are the breath of fresh air that Halo needed. So far me, I prefer using either Active Camo or Jet Pack. The new weapons are sweet as well. The Focus Rifle is simply a beast and the DMR is awesome. I'd like to see Bungie work within these classes and give them certain weapon s to start with. My only complaint with Reach is that I simply dont see Bungie pushing the 360's graphical capabilities. The graphics look just like Halo 3 and ODST to me. Now that being said, I am not a graphics whore or anyhting, but I figured that in the 3 years since Halo 3 was released, Bungie would have been able to push the 360 a little harder. Maybe they will be improved for the final product. Based on my playtime thus far, Reach will once again give 360 gamers years of playtime just as every other Halo game has!!

NemeSyS-1
If you're talking about the artstyIe, that should never change in a Halo game. It's what separates it from the other FPS games out there. The graphics may not be as detailed as other games, but that is because there's a lot of physics and lighting effects going on in the game.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

Like:

all abilities excluding stalker (i think they tried a little too hard to make it balanced, and as a result, although it is fair, its not that fun to use IMO)

pistols(F**k yeah!)

Needle rifle (everyone seems to say DMR is better, but given the choice I'd go for Mr. Needle)

Assassinations(No reasoning needed)

Covy Slayer (Plasma pistol EMP to needle rifle headshot FTW)

Dislike:

Health(i understand its going back to good ol' Halo 1, but honestly, i never go looking for healthpacks and frankly i never will, it just seems a little pointless to me)

Grenades(they seem to be vital in combat and spammed at the first sign of danger, are often launched merily across the map to achive kills on fully shielded enemies)

Assault rifle(I know its what Halo is all about, but it seems 50% of combat is assault rifle on assault rifle, which although promoting skill, is relatively dull, i would have liked to have seen other balanced weapons that could be chosen between on playlist like slayer, but when bungie brings out the new playlists, we'll see)

Headhunter FFA (I found this a painfull gametype, it was pretty much a load of guys spawning in a circle killing each other, every time you'd kill one, or even two/three in a multikill, youd run straight to the skulls, and before you know it, everyone in the game is spraying you with AR and your dropped as soon as you picked 'em up. ITs reallly not got the gambling element i had hoped for, instead you spend the entire game trying to bank one or two skulls with no avail, then the capture point spawns next to a load of guys, one guy gets luck, snatches a few skulls of some people, and gets two or three kills, then since all the skulls in the game are in this one area, he cashes them, and gets a Skullomanjaro. sorry but thats just my view)

I'm not exactly a Halo fanatic, but dont get me wrong, I love the game...DONT FLAME MY CRITICISM lol

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 RoslindaleOne

Like:

all abilities excluding stalker (i think they tried a little too hard to make it balanced, and as a result, although it is fair, its not that fun to use IMO)

pistols(F**k yeah!)

Needle rifle (everyone seems to say DMR is better, but given the choice I'd go for Mr. Needle)

Dislike:

Health(i understand its going back to good ol' Halo 1, but honestly, i never go looking for healthpacks and frankly i never will, it just seems a little pointless to me)

Grenades(they seem to be vital in combat and spammed at the first sign of danger, are often launched merily across the map to achive kills on fully shielded enemies)

Assault rifle(I know its what Halo is all about, but it seems 50% of combat is assault rifle on assault rifle, which although promoting skill, is relatively dull, i would have liked to have seen other balanced weapons that could be chosen between on playlist like slayer, but when bungie brings out the new playlists, we'll see)

Headhunter FFA (I found this a painfull gametype, it was pretty much a load of guys spawning in a circle killing each other, every time you'd kill one, or even two/three in a multikill, youd run straight to the skulls, and before you know it, everyone in the game is spraying you with AR and your dropped as soon as you picked 'em up. ITs reallly not got the gambling element i had hoped for, instead you spend the entire game trying to bank one or two skulls with no avail, then the capture point spawns next to a load of guys, one guy gets luck, snatches a few skulls of some people, and gets two or three kills, then since all the skulls in the game are in this one area, he cashes them, and gets a Skullomanjaro. sorry but thats just my view)

I'm not exactly a Halo fanatic, but dont get me wrong, I love the game...DONT FLAME MY CRITICISM lol

Overlord93

Not flame material. It was well said. :)

Grenades seem to powerful for me compared to the other Halo's. To many people killed me from the grave in the beta. I always (well most of the time :P) avoid them in Halo 3 but not in reach. I'll probably get used to it over time.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DJ_Magneto
@Overlord93: Why flame? You stated your opinions which are all fine. You need to go to the Bungie forums and post that. That's exactly the point of this Beta. The people I can't stand are the ones who just blindly say "this sucks" without realizing or acknowledging that this is a Beta and that the final product will not be exactly what we are experiencing now.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
I didn't get to play a ton yesterday, maybe 5 games or so, but overall, I wouldn't say im disappointed, just not as impressed as much as I thought I would be. The new guns are cool, but that is to be expected, like others said, the grenades are too strong, and what is the point of the invincibility skill when people just wait for it to run out to kill you. Also, I think the stalker should really look invisible, I use it and see others use and I can still see them pretty easily, make it like a real cloak, and like some others pointed out it takes forever to kill someone with an assault rifle. Still fun, just not as good as halo 3 imo
gpb94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 gpb94
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i still have yet to recieve my code from microsoft, did i do something wrong?

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DJ_Magneto

i still have yet to recieve my code from microsoft, did i do something wrong?

gpb94
Were you supposed to get it because of Halo 2?
Lythiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Lythiris
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts

The Reach Beta is killing my rep.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

Played all night last night, gotta say I'm really liking it. That said I do have a few minor complaints:

1. Armor Lock: Clearly the most underpowered armor ability, I mean it looks cool but I have yet to find any real consistent use for it. When someone uses it on me I just sit there and toss a grenade at their feet right before they come out of it.

2. Pistol: I like it, but sometimes it can be a little difficult to see the reticle.

3. Powerhouse: In team games the Red Team always seems to have the advantage just because they initially spawn next to all the good weapons. Also I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the spot where the grenade launcher spawns is a dead spot for grenades, you throw a grenade there and it won't explode.

4. Assult Rifle: Basically useless, the pistol is better for close quarters.

That's all I can think of so far.

XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts
All Im going to say is that this is one of the funnest multiplayer games I ever played in awhile. I had fun flying Jetpacks on the Airborne abilitie, and Im loving the new guns. The whole game is fun, and enjoyable IMO. Atleast It's fun, and for a beta, It's not even that glitchy (Some) compare to Modern Glitchfail 1.5, or excuse me, Modern Warfare 2. Im just saying.
shawnyboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 shawnyboy95
Member since 2010 • 554 Posts

I'd like to say that from May 14th to May 17th, Silver members of Xbox Live will be able to play the Halo: Reach beta. I noticed you missed that OP.

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry about the misconception :|

NemeSyS-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 NemeSyS-1
Member since 2009 • 464 Posts

Halo Reach for me so far...

Pros...

New armor abilities are sweet. My personal favs are Stalker and jet pack one(forgot name)

New weapons are cool. Love the DMR, Needler Rifle and the Plasma Grenade Launcher

New game types are great. Stockpile is a blast and Covy Slayer is all out crazy good.

Assassinations..Nuff Said!!!

New leveling system is a definite improvement as is the ability to earn credits towards new gear.

Matchmaking is also vastly improved with the choice of three different game types, majority wins is great.

Cons...

Assault rifle is useless except for maybe a finishing back up weapon

Graphics are not as amazing as I figured they would be. They are good, dont get me wrong, but I was hoping for Bungie to really push the 360 with Reach.

We only get 3 weeks to play this puppy until it launches in Fall!!!

MR_NONSTOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MR_NONSTOP
Member since 2005 • 92 Posts

Hey guys check your e-mail, they're sending out the codes now for xbox live originals/Halo 2 players. :) Mine is downloading.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 TyrantDragon55

Halo Reach for me so far...

Pros...

New armor abilities are sweet. My personal favs are Stalker and jet pack one(forgot name)

New weapons are cool. Love the DMR, Needler Rifle and the Plasma Grenade Launcher

New game types are great. Stockpile is a blast and Covy Slayer is all out crazy good.

Assassinations..Nuff Said!!!

New leveling system is a definite improvement as is the ability to earn credits towards new gear.

Matchmaking is also vastly improved with the choice of three different game types, majority wins is great.

Cons...

Assault rifle is useless except for maybe a finishing back up weapon

Graphics are not as amazing as I figured they would be. They are good, dont get me wrong, but I was hoping for Bungie to really push the 360 with Reach.

We only get 3 weeks to play this puppy until it launches in Fall!!!

NemeSyS-1

To be fair about the graphics, this is a multiplayer beta. Fancy visuals don't really matter that much in multiplayer, it's more about performance. From what I've seen of the campaign it looks great though, not "OMG best looking game evar!" great, but still great.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#120 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

After playing this, this will probably be my most played multiplayer game this year, maybe this gen for that matter, it'll probably top Halo 3!

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
Things I would like to see changed: improve the damage on the Assault Rifle (not even that much) slightly decrease damage of Gravity Hammer improve EMP burst on Armor Lock, and make the invulnerable period start a few frames earlier localize the jamming for radar because of stealth a bit, it's really just annoying Other than that, I've been having a great time.
xbox90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 xbox90
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

beta is awesone,but there are some weapons balance problems,and if you want to play together add me on L1ve S1dLaV is the name):lol:

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#123 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
Here's a question for you all, would you have paid microsoft points to get into the Halo: Reach beta? If so, how many?
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 BLAS1AN

its hilarious waiting for the GUARD loadout poeple to power up there armor then smack them in the back when they get up. Bungie should make it so you get hurt when you get within a certain radius of that.

keep in mind poeple that the power of the weapons will be tweaked before or after the game ships.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#125 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"][QUOTE="NemeSyS-1"]

If you're talking about the artstyIe, that should never change in a Halo game. It's what separates it from the other FPS games out there. The graphics may not be as detailed as other games, but that is because there's a lot of physics and lighting effects going on in the game.

There are physics and lighting going on in other games times 10... and they manage to look much better. Halo series is really about gameplay and the story arc, and of course Master Chief. Bungie obviously knows that so I don't think they emphasized graphics as much as other things. Like Uncharted 2 looks gorgeous but it doesn't have Halo's infamous multiplayer. But I do agree with NemeSyS. After Halo 3, you'd think it would be significantly improved. But before I get ahead of myself, this was just a beta. And it's the multiplayer of Halo Reach. Multiplayer's graphics are usually toned down compared to the single player campaign.. so we should see better visuals when it comes to the campaign. No final word until the final product.
RobEspi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 RobEspi
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]

Like:

pistols(F**k yeah!)

Dislike:

RoslindaleOne

Grenades seem to powerful for me compared to the other Halo's. To many people killed me from the grave in the beta. I always (well most of the time :P) avoid them in Halo 3 but not in reach. I'll probably get used to it over time.

Grenades were like this in Halo CE.

I like them as they counter camping unlike Halo 2 or Halo 3 grenades. I could get Oddball, go in a room and get at least 50 points because if you threw grenades in, I could just move to the left or the right and dodge them.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#127 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="RobEspi"]

[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]

Like:

pistols(F**k yeah!)

Dislike:

I like them as they counter camping unlike Halo 2 or Halo 3 grenades. I could get Oddball, go in a room and get at least 50 points because if you threw grenades in, I could just move to the left or the right and dodge them.

I agree. I like the grenades in Halo Reach. Doesn't feel overpowered or overly effective to me.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 RoslindaleOne
[QUOTE="Elian2530"][QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"][QUOTE="NemeSyS-1"]

There are physics and lighting going on in other games times 10... and they manage to look much better. Halo series is really about gameplay and the story arc, and of course Master Chief. Bungie obviously knows that so I don't think they emphasized graphics as much as other things. Like Uncharted 2 looks gorgeous but it doesn't have Halo's infamous multiplayer. But I do agree with NemeSyS. After Halo 3, you'd think it would be significantly improved. But before I get ahead of myself, this was just a beta. And it's the multiplayer of Halo Reach. Multiplayer's graphics are usually toned down compared to the single player campaign.. so we should see better visuals when it comes to the campaign. No final word until the final product.

Which games are these on the 360? I'm curious to know.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 RoslindaleOne

[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]

Like:

pistols(F**k yeah!)

Dislike:

RobEspi

I think Bungie is still going to tone them down a bit. I've come across players who choose to throw grenades at my feet instead of shooting.
Xizle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Xizle
Member since 2008 • 657 Posts

Here's a question for you all, would you have paid microsoft points to get into the Halo: Reach beta? If so, how many?Wakanoid

No way. Why should i pay to help them improve their game?

RobEspi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 RobEspi
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

Is my luck that bad or do you guys have problems with quitters?

I wanna play Halo, but I can't. I feel like I have the worst luck ever because every game I fkn play I get at least two teammates who quit. This is so fkn annoying..

I watch other people play and even if they're losing by 30-0 in Team Slayer, nobody quits. If my team is losing 9-8, my entire team decides to quit leaving me alone. It's been like this since Halo 2..

I'm a competitive player, but I wasn't going to play Halo Reach seriously. It was the game I was going to play for fun but apparently, I'm not allowed to have fun with Halo.

Ranger8601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Ranger8601
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Anyone else having problems seeing the reticle for the pistol when zoomed in? It's especially difficult when aiming the blue reticle against a blue background. I'm playing on a 720 HDTV so I don't think the problem is my tv.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
am i the only one who thinks there should be way less health and shields, i mean its almost ridiculous how much you have to shoot someone to kill them.. especially considering melee kills in 2 hits or 1 from behind.. and the magnum is almost useless.. and grenades imo are very overpowered.. especially considering that it takes like a whole clip of AR ammo to head to kill someone...
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 BLAS1AN

am i the only one who thinks there should be way less health and shields, i mean its almost ridiculous how much you have to shoot someone to kill them.. especially considering melee kills in 2 hits or 1 from behind.. and the magnum is almost useless.. and grenades imo are very overpowered.. especially considering that it takes like a whole clip of AR ammo to head to kill someone... PoisoN_Facecam0

are you new to the halo franchise? there will be tweaks in the game after the BETA ends by the way.

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#135 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
Grenades are definitely overpowered. Their damage needs to be toned down a bit. The spawn system has a few flaws, I've spawned a few times and gotten killed immediatly from someone who was right behind me. I've started to use the stealth class a bit, with the stealth shoulderpads. It's actually pretty cool. But I think the stealth lasts way too long. Someone can stay invisible for most of the game.
NemeSyS-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 NemeSyS-1
Grenades are definitely overpowered. Their damage needs to be toned down a bit. The spawn system has a few flaws, I've spawned a few times and gotten killed immediatly from someone who was right behind me. I've started to use the stealth class a bit, with the stealth shoulderpads. It's actually pretty cool. But I think the stealth lasts way too long. Someone can stay invisible for most of the game. Kcdragon8116
No they can't! Its on a regen timer like the other secondary abilities are!! On top of that, its not like you cant see them. Its the same active camo that every other halo game has had!
NemeSyS-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 NemeSyS-1

Is my luck that bad or do you guys have problems with quitters?

I wanna play Halo, but I can't. I feel like I have the worst luck ever because every game I fkn play I get at least two teammates who quit. This is so fkn annoying..

I watch other people play and even if they're losing by 30-0 in Team Slayer, nobody quits. If my team is losing 9-8, my entire team decides to quit leaving me alone. It's been like this since Halo 2..

I'm a competitive player, but I wasn't going to play Halo Reach seriously. It was the game I was going to play for fun but apparently, I'm not allowed to have fun with Halo.

RobEspi
There is a difference between being competitive and being a jerk! Im not saying you are, but maybe you are a bit too vocal or "bossey" for your team mates! Are you the guy that makes it known how "awesome" you are at Halo and say things like "OMG, my team is trash"? or "If my team mates could get a kill, we'd be in this thing"! I hear plenty of that in alot of games and it gets reeeeeeal old!! Not all of us are 19 with no job and get to play Halo 12 hours a day! Again, Im not saying this is your issue with people quitting on you, but it is something that I run into alot! Gaming is supposed to be fun and yes we all want to win and do well, but sometimes the guy is just better!!
Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#138 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
New complaint: it seems that the melee has quite a bit of lunge too it, which has led to quite a few lousy deaths on my part because I thought I was still outside the danger zone.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 BLAS1AN

Grenades are definitely overpowered. Their damage needs to be toned down a bit. The spawn system has a few flaws, I've spawned a few times and gotten killed immediatly from someone who was right behind me. I've started to use the stealth class a bit, with the stealth shoulderpads. It's actually pretty cool. But I think the stealth lasts way too long. Someone can stay invisible for most of the game. Kcdragon8116

if grenades are overpowered you have them too so its an even playing field. you can also pick which team mate to spawn with

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

New complaint: it seems that the melee has quite a bit of lunge too it, which has led to quite a few lousy deaths on my part because I thought I was still outside the danger zone.Andrn

I'm actually a fan of the lunge

If you're throwing your arm into someone enough to kill them you think you'd have to have some lunge action going on instead of staying perfectly upright and throwing out a death haymaker

MW2GhoST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 MW2GhoST
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts
Good thread, been playing the beat for a couple days now... too bad it ends so soon :(
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

[QUOTE="Kcdragon8116"]Grenades are definitely overpowered. Their damage needs to be toned down a bit. The spawn system has a few flaws, I've spawned a few times and gotten killed immediatly from someone who was right behind me. I've started to use the stealth class a bit, with the stealth shoulderpads. It's actually pretty cool. But I think the stealth lasts way too long. Someone can stay invisible for most of the game. BLAS1AN

if grenades are overpowered you have them too so its an even playing field. you can also pick which team mate to spawn with

yeah, and by that logic, everyone in MW2 should use grenade launchers with danger close. sorry to referance...that thing known as a game lol.

the point is that its not fun, and thats why it is criticised. I would be suprise if they weren't nerfed, as far as balance goes, grenades are all anybody is talking about.

the spawning is definately lowsy, InfinityWard would be ashamed of it...and thats saying something

again, sorry for refering to MW2, but its a good example of what happens when you don't run a beta

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

[QUOTE="Kcdragon8116"]Grenades are definitely overpowered. Their damage needs to be toned down a bit. The spawn system has a few flaws, I've spawned a few times and gotten killed immediatly from someone who was right behind me. I've started to use the stealth class a bit, with the stealth shoulderpads. It's actually pretty cool. But I think the stealth lasts way too long. Someone can stay invisible for most of the game. Overlord93

yeah, and by that logic, everyone in MW2 should use grenade launchers with danger close. sorry to referance...that thing known as a game lol.

the point is that its not fun, and thats why it is criticised. I would be suprise if they weren't nerfed, as far as balance goes, grenades are all anybody is talking about.

the spawning is definately lowsy, InfinityWard would be ashamed of it...and thats saying something

again, sorry for refering to MW2, but its a good example of what happens when you don't run a beta

did you know you can pick which team mate that is alive to spawn near? sticky grenades have always been instant kills in all Halos. are you saying one spartan grenade can kill you with full health?

MaxLimitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 MaxLimitz
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

Halo needs Mercenary Slayer i.e. random-teams-only matches. My game friends won't play with me, because I suck, but I would like to enjoy the game anyway.

When I play alone my team usually has some random members, but the opposite team consists of clan members who know how to play together. So, from one match to another I get owned again and again, and that spoils the fun. I would like to play against other bad players instead of only getting killed match after match by some super killers.

Sucky players should also have their own team modes (not only Free-for-All), which means Mercenary modes like in Call of Duty.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 BLAS1AN

i agree with the mercenary slayer post above. feel free to go to go to bungie.net and tell them that.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 TyrantDragon55

Anyone know when Bungie's supposed to add Generator Defense and Invasion?

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 RoslindaleOne

Anyone know when Bungie's supposed to add Generator Defense and Invasion?

TyrantDragon55
Invasion is up now! I can't wait to play it. :)
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 TyrantDragon55

I don't know if it's just everyone getting used to playing elites or what, but anyone else think Spartans have the advantage in Invasion?

*edit: Yep, they do. The problem is that elites start out with nothing really that useful (a Plasma Repeater or a Needler), they need a marksman class at the start like spartans have.

TheProGam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 TheProGam3r
Member since 2010 • 54 Posts

Thanks a ton Jayson, been looking for how to do this forever. I'm sure it'll clear lots of other people's questions too. :]

_Sketch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 _Sketch_
Member since 2010 • 189 Posts

Loving the NMPH music playing in invasion