HAlo 3 or COD4???

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thEsl1ck3st1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51 thEsl1ck3st1
Member since 2003 • 58 Posts
get both...halo 3 fanboys say halo 3, cod4 fanboys say cod4, and they are two completely different games. halo 3 is more of a fantasy shooter, where cod4 is pure realistic. halo 3 is more about team strategies or positioning, where cod4 is about control of your weapon and shooting. halo 3 has better non gameplay features, cod4 has a better leveling system. just get both.
Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts
[QUOTE="Sporkilicious"]

Call of Duty 4. Multiplayer is great, Single player is a bit short, but it's an online game. Graphics are superb over H3, gameplay by far is better than H3, controls are natural, and attention grabbing. A good mix of GRAW and R6: Vegas. 10/10 and you won't be disappointed.

Halo 3 is teh gay If you enjoy playing with 10 year old boys, pulling the trigger on your assault rifle, meleeing, and repeating, that's the game for you. Who the hell said Halo 3 was original? I'm pretty sure aliens vs. humans have been around since the near beginning of gaming, look at Space Invaders. :P I enjoyed Halo 3 until the release of CoD4. Halo 3 is and always will be the most overrated and generic shooter ever released.

Iron_Re4

first of all who said 10 yr olds play halo 3, and to say that halo 3 isnt original since aliens vs humans have been done before is beign ignorant, hasnt moredern day combat been done before?...and if you didntk now, yes it has been, so according to your logic COD4 isnt original either, i hate these noobs that comment on gamespot without getting their facts down, its seems like your the 10 yr old here.....halo 3 has also touted to have the best conrtols....i really dont even understand why peopole are starting this, its just ripping apart the 360 community for nothing, im sure its some sonyfanboys who have started posting this POS topic over and over again...im glad im a primary nintendo fan, dont have to deal with this crap....

Ok hmm...Mr primary nintendo fan sir, why are you here critiquing a game on a system youre not a primary fan of? if anything you are the noob here.i think you should justshut up and go back to super mario galaxy or zelda or metroid or one of those crazy nintendo creations. You sound like a halo fan boy. Hell you are the type that ruins communities calling everyonea name that you represent.

As to the thread creator i think if you played halo 1 and 2 you will get sick of halo 3. the campaign isnt mindblowing. the only 2 things that is keeping halo 3 mindblowing is the new equipment and the theater system. I have yet to play COD4 but seeing as how out of 30 halo fanatics on my buddy list that all 30 are playing cod4 constantly and that some have sold halo, i think the wise choice would be cod4. Halo is getting old now. Its not like mario or zelda where there is something crazy added on to the game that makes its really worthwhile. As to those saying the matching making in halo is better in cod4, i highly doubt that. Playing lone wolves i see people with a skill of8 or 9 that are majors, commanders,and higher as well as team doubles.

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
COD4
dubya05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 dubya05
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts

I'm a big fan of the Halo series, and I have to say the Campaign is a joke. My girlfriend and her sister, who don't play video game practically beat it in a day. COD 4 has a much better campaign. The moments in the game are pretty intense, and it makes you feel as if you're in the middle of a huge gun fight. The one thing that Halo has going for it in the campaign is the co-op options. Hands down I think COD has a better single player experience.

However I enjoy the multiplayer experience a lot more than I did on COD 4. I'm not saying that the multiplayer on COD is bad, it's just different. I had a lot of fun playing it, but I just kept wanting to play Halo. Part of this is the fact that I can play Halo online with people on the same box. Something that COD doesn't offer.

Either way you're going to be getting a damn good game. If you have friends that don't have an xbox, or that you just enjoy playing with in the same room, I would have to say you need to get Halo. However if all your friend already have xbox or just don't play video games COD 4 might be a better choices.

Personally I enjoy the Halo gameplay, I always have. I also enjoy getting play the camgain with someone else, and online with 3 other friends. Your best bet would be to go out and rent them before you buy either one. They are both FPS but they will play a lot differently.

terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#55 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts

bothsilverRIDER90

:| he said he could only get one....get halo 3.

mattllv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mattllv
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts

I think COD 4 is absolutely incredible, but I think Halo 3 offers a longer lasting appeal. With all the online options, creating your own custom maps, watching replays in the theater and being able to share files, I just think it offers more. Plus there are always so many people playing halo 3 online.

ILLETE 702

ICEMAN9800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 ICEMAN9800
Member since 2006 • 657 Posts
COD4
ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
COD 4.
jason320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 jason320
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts
IF you have live than you should go with COD4, but it's still a better game even thought the story is short
silverRIDER90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 silverRIDER90
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts
halo first kid COD4 is great but halo3 will last you longer plus if you like vehicles than you cant go wrong.
matt2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 matt2012
Member since 2007 • 373 Posts
CoD4 is easily the better game. The online is great and the graphics are amazing.
cjbroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 cjbroom
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

agreed plus COD4 aint a 360 exclusive.

silverRIDER90

Who cares? COD4... and that's coming from someone that has only played one of the two games... that game being Halo 3... and the only reason? Microsoft sent me a FREE copy... that's right fanboys... get pissed.

NiNjAsLiCe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 NiNjAsLiCe
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
the deaths in halo 3 are so similar, it feels like I am playing cs 1.6 except with aliens and ray guns.COD4 has a such great sound and graphics its eerie. COD4 wins in multiplayer, singleplayer, replaybility, sound, graphics, and funnessHalo3 wins in, actually halo3 just loses.
TheMetalSquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TheMetalSquid
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts
Both, though i like COD4 just a little bit more due to it's amazing Multiplayer.
Nbajam23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Nbajam23
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts

Call of Duty 4 all the way. both have great multiplayers, with COD4 being slightly better. but COD4 is better in single player by a long shot. not to demean halo 3 or anything, but call of duty 4 is a hell of a lot better.

Tr3vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 Tr3vz
Member since 2007 • 276 Posts
COD4, man... I know like 20 people who were hard core halo fans and they friggin sold their copy to pay for cod4. ppl online have been saying they did that too. Halo sucks.. Sorry fan boys. But it does. COD4 is a truley next gen videogame. I thought it should of gotten a higher rating. I think that gamespot is a bit biased with it comes to halo...oblivmasta
mhmm yes halo sucks because it got a 9.5, cod4 is next-gen just because I say so
q433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 q433
Member since 2007 • 837 Posts
true gamer? i hate when peaple say true gamer. seriously dude your a n00b
creekfan_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 creekfan_basic
Member since 2002 • 2539 Posts
only my love of the halo franchise makes this a tough call, but I would have to say COD4...I haven't been addicted to an online like cod4 ever...the game is just too damn intense and fun...
viliauskas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 viliauskas
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
COD4 dude hands down. halo 3 was gay i mean i loved halo and halo2, but halo 3 was a huge disappointment it was really gay so cry all u want fan boys its still gay lol
silverRIDER90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 silverRIDER90
[QUOTE="silverRIDER90"]

agreed plus COD4 aint a 360 exclusive.

cjbroom

with COD4 not being a 360 exclusive its easy for playslaves and pc nerds to come here when they haven't even played halo3.

catch my drift.

Who cares? COD4... and that's coming from someone that has only played one of the two games... that game being Halo 3... and the only reason? Microsoft sent me a FREE copy... that's right fanboys... get pissed.

Krynk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 Krynk
Member since 2006 • 57 Posts

It depends on what type of games you like.

Personally, I would choose Halo 3.

masterbeef1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 masterbeef1234
Member since 2006 • 153 Posts
try them both out
AgileNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 AgileNate
Member since 2003 • 2999 Posts
Both games are very different so I would suggest getting one now and eventually getting another. IMO Halo 3 will last longer because COD4 will probably see a sequel fast. Halo 3's customization is really good and if you can get a lot of cool friends, custom games will last forever. BTW I own both and enjoy COD 4 more recently but I dont know how long that will last while Halo 3 is something I will go back to over and over like I did with Halo 2.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

the votes are in people

Halo - a measly 42 votes

COD4 - 86 votes

COD4 FTW

PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts

I will not let someone suffer what i did paying 60$ for a Halo 3 when its map get old fast and forge is fun it all equals a package that was fun for a week maybe two at the most and i rentend call of duty 4 and can say that the single player is more fun even without co op and that the multiplayer beats halo 3 by alot

silverRIDER90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 silverRIDER90

the votes are in people

Halo - a measly 42 votes

COD4 - 86 votes

COD4 FTW

andyboiii

thats only because all the halo players are still in the halo3 boards laughing at you people.

Big_Boss465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Big_Boss465
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
Both
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
[QUOTE="andyboiii"]

the votes are in people

Halo - a measly 42 votes

COD4 - 86 votes

COD4 FTW

silverRIDER90

thats only because all the halo players are still in the halo3 boards laughing at you people.

I think there is a lot more people laughing at all the guys who regret buying halo 3

IONz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 IONz
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
does it really matter? besides, gears of war is better than halo 3 imo, i haven't played call of duty 4 so I can't say.
quader_ac400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 quader_ac400
Member since 2007 • 801 Posts
COD4 by far
tzweck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tzweck
Member since 2005 • 163 Posts
I find myself swapping from COD4 to Halo 3 and back again.... Recently its been COD4 and that beacuse i think Halo can get frustrating online and campain. COD4 i think has a stronger online and breaks even campain wise with halo. I would suggest just getting COD4 at EB and within a week you can just trade it in for halo instead and beleive me it will only take you a day to decide if you like COD or not.
Crash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Crash6
Member since 2004 • 3525 Posts
I was in the same boat as you a few days ago. Ultimately my decision was CoD 4. But I will get Halo 3 along with a few others before the end of the year.
skeeter1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#83 skeeter1255
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

I say Halo 3. Both are good games but Halo 3 is just better in my eyes. Plus you know, it's halo. clifftrapremove

wow because its halo you should get it. nice explnation!!halo blew man go get Cod 4 all the way....

Chuman231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Chuman231
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts
both are very well made and very different games. i chose halo mainly because i tihkn it has a bigger online community and itll be around longer. also i like how u can see all ur stats on bungie.net
dan-k-ronic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 dan-k-ronic
Member since 2003 • 146 Posts
I used to be the biggest Halo fan boy in the whole world when it came to shooters then there was this gem called COD4 it feels so great to unlock different weapons and customize them andyour guy rather then just getting new armor that takes a couple of days.
DemonSlayerKJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DemonSlayerKJ
Member since 2003 • 155 Posts

COD4, man... I know like 20 people who were hard core halo fans and they friggin sold their copy to pay for cod4. ppl online have been saying they did that too. Halo sucks.. Sorry fan boys. But it does. COD4 is a truley next gen videogame. I thought it should of gotten a higher rating. I think that gamespot is a bit biased with it comes to halo...oblivmasta

i did to sol halo3

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
i'm a ps3 guy but i did play both games. COD4 is a more fun and intense experience.
thinkForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 thinkForever
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

HALO IS GETTING OLDDD. HALO IS SOO LAST GEN. COD4 IS CRAZY! WAY MORE INTENSE TOO! AND THE MULTIPLAYER IS BETTER

COD4 > HALO3

Avatar image for tylerdurden2621
tylerdurden2621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tylerdurden2621
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts
I just cant believe people prefer cod over halo, seems crazy to me. I think the poll is probably flawed because anyone that owns anything but an xbox is going to say cod. It seems that if you dont have a xbox then you are a halo hater. Halo is not the greatest game ever, but it is significantly better than cod all around. Halos single player was waaaaay better, and online is significantly better for halo.
InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#90 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

I just cant believe people prefer cod over halo, seems crazy to me. I think the poll is probably flawed because anyone that owns anything but an xbox is going to say cod. It seems that if you dont have a xbox then you are a halo hater. Halo is not the greatest game ever, but it is significantly better than cod all around. Halos single player was waaaaay better, and online is significantly better for halo.tylerdurden2621

Thats your opinion, but you are completely wrong to me, CoD 4 is soooooo much better!

Avatar image for tylerdurden2621
tylerdurden2621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 tylerdurden2621
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts

[QUOTE="tylerdurden2621"]I just cant believe people prefer cod over halo, seems crazy to me. I think the poll is probably flawed because anyone that owns anything but an xbox is going to say cod. It seems that if you dont have a xbox then you are a halo hater. Halo is not the greatest game ever, but it is significantly better than cod all around. Halos single player was waaaaay better, and online is significantly better for halo.InjuredNoodle

Thats your opinion, but you are completely wrong to me, CoD 4 is soooooo much better!

I hear that halo is more of the same, but imo cod 4 is way more of the same. Ooooh modern warfare, so now cod is back??? Same game modern settings. Single player is good, game looks good, but you can knock that game out in five hours on your first try. Usually you can knock a game that quick if you have already beaten the game, but first run through five hours? I just cannot bring myself to recommend this game to anyone. This game isa total rental. Halo online is going to be around for a long long time, can you really say that about COD? If you dont mind a game having essentially no single player campaign then is great, but if you are someone that likes both then cod is a joke. How long does this game take on a second run through, 3 hours? I own both, andI like both, but I kind regret buying cod and not halo. Thats the best way I can put it. Anyways, bioshock is my pick for game of the year.

Beerbongsavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Beerbongsavage
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts

GOW

Sorry i had to do it haha

COD4 because when you "rank up" you actually unlock something new:D unlike halo eaven though there both great games buy COD4 rent Halo3

cjbroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 cjbroom
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
does it really matter? besides, gears of war is better than halo 3 imo, i haven't played call of duty 4 so I can't say.IONz
Avatar image for deactivated-5b45f1f9decd0
deactivated-5b45f1f9decd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5b45f1f9decd0
Member since 2006 • 1443 Posts
cod 4 is a load of over rated rubbish with an onloine multiplayer not even in the same league as halo 3!!! !! halo 3 is video game perfection and while cod 4 is good it's just not great!
NiNjAsLiCe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 NiNjAsLiCe
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
^^^^are you kidding me.halo 3 has a very lacking multiplayer, but everyone says the forge and replay garbage is next-gen awesomeness. I don't believe any gamers want to spend time uploading vidoes and sharing with friends how you pressed a button at a right time, i think people just wanna have fast-paced fragging action which Halo 3 delivers, but not quite as well as CoD4. CoD4 has the perk system along with superior graphics and 60fps. Halo3's matchmaking is horrendous.
AgileNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 AgileNate
Member since 2003 • 2999 Posts

^^^^are you kidding me.halo 3 has a very lacking multiplayer, but everyone says the forge and replay garbage is next-gen awesomeness. I don't believe any gamers want to spend time uploading vidoes and sharing with friends how you pressed a button at a right time, i think people just wanna have fast-paced fragging action which Halo 3 delivers, but not quite as well as CoD4. CoD4 has the perk system along with superior graphics and 60fps. Halo3's matchmaking is horrendous.NiNjAsLiCe

The perk system is not THAT great. Yes it is good but its simple. Now if the whole forge and video play-back is not "next-gen"(I really hate this word) than why should a small character attribute be? If you dont like Forge it must be because you have not played a good custom game using it.

Yng-ePIc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Yng-ePIc
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts
Call of Duty 4, you can't go wrong with that game.
NeonCircus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 NeonCircus
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
COD 4 - it has a far more sophisticated multiplayer game and its campaign is short but amazingly intense. I'm afraid Halo is just a bit too simplistic in every area. COD 4 is the only game recently where I have sat up slack jawed at the intensity/craziness if what was going on and actually felt an emotional attachment to FPS characters.
Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts
COD4idill23
HummaKavula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#100 HummaKavula
Member since 2007 • 850 Posts
CoD 4 by far. It does new new things subtly and it actually has variety while Halo 3 is just same ol' game you've been playing for the last 6 years, and the story is downright atrocious.