Halo 3: ODST; The most disappointing game of 2009?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nmsolo07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nmsolo07
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
EDIT: READ ALL BEFORE YOU FLAME AND IF YOU PLAN ON FLAMING DON'T POST AT ALL Ok. First off before the flame war starts let me make my point. There was so much hype and news flowing out before it released and it seemed very promising. Getting the game the day it came out, I instantly started the story on legendary with my brother, which took me only 4 hours. After being very disappointed with the thrown together story I started firefight, which I didn't know until that point had NO game search feature AT ALL, which makes no sense to me. If someone doesn't have much friends on XBL they are screwed for any type of firefight achievement. I thought it would be like Left for Dead style where you join up in a match, or any other game for that matter. Also, need I point out the complete lack of a multiplayer system? This should have been an add-on DLC for 20$ like Lost and Damned (which had 5x more game time). My main point is, for its price, it is a complete and utter sham for another excuse to make another $100 Million. Hopefully other fans with see my point and won't bash me too much.
srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

interesting i had a poll about odst if it was better then halo 3 and i came to the conclusion that odst has a better single player....but every1 has their opinions on games..no1 should hate on u for that.

reverend1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 reverend1985
Member since 2009 • 172 Posts

well i agree, for 60 bucks they should have had more of a single player campaign. but i really think bungie wanted to push the firefight mode and the new all halo 3 multiplayer disk idea for this one. I really like that I have 1 disc for just mulitplayer that has all of the maps plus 3 new ones. I got tired of spending 800 points for a cple of maps that if i didnt have limited my playlist selection. The firefight mode provides a good amount of entertainment for me and my friends but soon we end up back on Live. I really think this should have been a 20-40 dollar DLC though

nmsolo07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nmsolo07
The lack of game time was the worst point of it all in my opinion
RCFF83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RCFF83
Member since 2009 • 49 Posts

Agreed that the game sucked but the topic has been over and done with already. Like I've mentioned in other post, ODST is a one week game then it loses all its hype and replaybility. Sad that it will just be sitting there collecting dust. Check out my sig I'm sure you'll like it. Its a funny video about ODST.

Avatar image for Brandenthesmark
Brandenthesmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Brandenthesmark
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts

Well i think it is stupid that they dont have matchmaking for firefight but I thought i got a good deal out of the game cuz i dont have halo 3. I think if someone does have halo 3 and the map packs then its not worth the money

nmsolo07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nmsolo07
I agree but the MS points never really have been a problem for me, my grandparents bought me a 4,000 point card every year. But 60$ for 4-6 hour campaign, MAYBE 10 hours for vidmasters and 3 new maps? complete rip-off, the biggest waste of money I have ever spent.
nmsolo07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nmsolo07
I didn't know, I made this account today and felt I should get my opinion across
93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
Ok. First off before the flame war starts let me make my point. There was so much hype and news flowing out before it released and it seemed very promising. Getting the game the day it came out, I instantly started the story on legendary with my brother, which took me only 4 hours. After being very disappointed with the thrown together story I started firefight, which I didn't know until that point had NO game search feature AT ALL, which makes no sense to me. If someone doesn't have much friends on XBL they are screwed for any type of firefight achievement. I thought it would be like Left for Dead style where you join up in a match, or any other game for that matter. Also, need I point out the complete lack of a multiplayer system? This should have been an add-on DLC for 20$ like Lost and Damned (which had 5x more game time). My main point is, for its price, it is a complete and utter sham for another excuse to make another $100 Million. Hopefully other fans with see my point and won't bash me too much. nmsolo07
LOL. Wow so you made a new account to LIE about ODST??
Furanko_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Furanko_Kun
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
It sounds like you didn't research on what you were getting yourself into. >_>
RCFF83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RCFF83
Member since 2009 • 49 Posts

LOL. Wow so you made a new account to LIE about ODST??93soccer

What's he lying about? He's stating an opinion about his own personal experience so where's the lie. Move on.

PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
People always want to be "different", so they think its cool to hate on popular things.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

would you like a tissue TC or some attention? how many of these threads do we need

Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Remora133
Member since 2009 • 363 Posts
People always want to be "different", so they think its cool to hate on popular things.PlzDuntBanMe
exactly
nmsolo07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nmsolo07
[QUOTE="nmsolo07"]Ok. First off before the flame war starts let me make my point. There was so much hype and news flowing out before it released and it seemed very promising. Getting the game the day it came out, I instantly started the story on legendary with my brother, which took me only 4 hours. After being very disappointed with the thrown together story I started firefight, which I didn't know until that point had NO game search feature AT ALL, which makes no sense to me. If someone doesn't have much friends on XBL they are screwed for any type of firefight achievement. I thought it would be like Left for Dead style where you join up in a match, or any other game for that matter. Also, need I point out the complete lack of a multiplayer system? This should have been an add-on DLC for 20$ like Lost and Damned (which had 5x more game time). My main point is, for its price, it is a complete and utter sham for another excuse to make another $100 Million. Hopefully other fans with see my point and won't bash me too much. 93soccer
LOL. Wow so you made a new account to LIE about ODST??

Stop being a fanboy and read the other posts, I said I made a new account as in this is my first account here ever and I wanted to get my opinion out. Stupid fanboys get so worked up
nmsolo07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nmsolo07
People always want to be "different", so they think its cool to hate on popular things.PlzDuntBanMe
I am not trying to be a rebel. Stop being close-minded and look at another persons point of view for once in your life.
nmsolo07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nmsolo07
[QUOTE="nmsolo07"]Ok. First off before the flame war starts let me make my point. There was so much hype and news flowing out before it released and it seemed very promising. Getting the game the day it came out, I instantly started the story on legendary with my brother, which took me only 4 hours. After being very disappointed with the thrown together story I started firefight, which I didn't know until that point had NO game search feature AT ALL, which makes no sense to me. If someone doesn't have much friends on XBL they are screwed for any type of firefight achievement. I thought it would be like Left for Dead style where you join up in a match, or any other game for that matter. Also, need I point out the complete lack of a multiplayer system? This should have been an add-on DLC for 20$ like Lost and Damned (which had 5x more game time). My main point is, for its price, it is a complete and utter sham for another excuse to make another $100 Million. Hopefully other fans with see my point and won't bash me too much. Remora133
youre an idiot. this post = point loss for me :D

It seemed to grab your and other people's attention
nmsolo07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nmsolo07
It sounds like you didn't research on what you were getting yourself into. >_>Furanko_Kun
Why would I have to do research about a video game? Last time I checked I was buying a video game not writing a thesis paper.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

[QUOTE="nmsolo07"]Ok. First off before the flame war starts let me make my point. There was so much hype and news flowing out before it released and it seemed very promising. Getting the game the day it came out, I instantly started the story on legendary with my brother, which took me only 4 hours. After being very disappointed with the thrown together story I started firefight, which I didn't know until that point had NO game search feature AT ALL, which makes no sense to me. If someone doesn't have much friends on XBL they are screwed for any type of firefight achievement. I thought it would be like Left for Dead style where you join up in a match, or any other game for that matter. Also, need I point out the complete lack of a multiplayer system? This should have been an add-on DLC for 20$ like Lost and Damned (which had 5x more game time). My main point is, for its price, it is a complete and utter sham for another excuse to make another $100 Million. Hopefully other fans with see my point and won't bash me too much. Remora133
youre an idiot. this post = point loss for me :D

You da man, lol way to take one for the team

you joined a gaming website TC. ODST info was like...everywhere.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
[QUOTE="Furanko_Kun"]It sounds like you didn't research on what you were getting yourself into. >_>nmsolo07
Why would I have to do research about a video game? Last time I checked I was buying a video game not writing a thesis paper.

Lol...unless you don't mind shelling out $60 for a game you don't know much about, then you should research on what the game contains. Or else you will be disappointed again in the future. (i'm not saying that u didn't know anything about ODST, but I'm giving an example of why you should research before purchasing) It's like buying a new car or t.v., you will do research before purchasing.... right?
Ov3rk1LL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ov3rk1LL4
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

Was actually a pleasant suprise for me, proved to me that bungie can actually make good campaigns. Was rather short but the solid single player storyline made up for it.

Saulgill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Saulgill
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

i hate i t and like it at the same time. its a really fun game but they screwed up. i made a thread the day it came out and now i have 28 friends for firefight. if you want people to play with use the sticky and add my gamertag which is saulgill.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#26 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I love this game. the only disappointing thing is the online. there's no matchmaking and it's SSSOOOO laggy!!!!!
Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Remora133

1) You didn't research what you were purchasing before you went out and bought it. Your own damn fault.
2) There is an ODST thread at the top, but I suppose we could discuss your failure here.
3) Stop using the incredibly overused "Fanboy" thing.

If waves of people like a game.. They're fanboys.
Then what are you?
You fall into the exact same category as all the people that posted the EXACT same thread. It doesn't make you unique to bash the game and it's fans. It makes you exactly the same as all the other Anti-Fanboys. Haters.

You call Fanboys exactly the same as eachother. Yet you're the same as any other hater out there.

My ONLY problem with the ODST campaign was that I overhyped myself for the Rookie parts. I expected them to be incredibly compelling. Way more than they actually were. Rookie ended up being the errand boy for me.
Running from point A to point B so I could play an actual mission.

As for Firefight. That's your fault.
They already stated COUNTLESS times.. There is NO matchmaking for Firefight. There never WILL be any matchmaking for Firefight. It's just NOT possible. Now if you're a veteran games developer and are more than capable of handling with advanced software.. Figure out the matchmaking problem yourself and rub it in their face. Or you know.. Figure out it's not possible and bow your head in shame.

If you don't have many friends on XBL.. There are atleast 30 Gamertags that've been made specifically for you. So you can add them and check the friendslist.. Invite people to your games. You'd know this if you'd read the ODST thread at the top.

If you didn't already own the previous Halo 3 maps, ODST is the perfect package for you. Halo 3 Complete MP PLUS a new campaign and a firefight mode (which they'll probably do DLC for.) That's just right for its asking price, wouldn't you agree? Considering the price of Halo 3 itself today and all its maps..

I love how all the ODST haters are so pro.
"I completed the game in like 2 hours on Legendary! I got all the vidmasters in the first day! I'm so 1337 but this game sucks!"

Your tears make me want to play more Firefight.
Don't like your purchase? Return it.

MasterSpaceman

you said it perfectly

Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
You should've explored more. I didn't just rush through the game on Legendary, I searched every little nook and cranny of the city. Personally, I think it's excellent...
AequusLibra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AequusLibra
Member since 2009 • 409 Posts

My only gripe with ODST is that it should've have been offered over XBL as DLC. I kinda feel ripped off cuz I already payed for a majority of the multiplayer maps which account for two fifths of game. Its kinda nice to have a new disc to play multiplayer tho...my old one has gotten a lot of use. Also, firefight should have matchmaking.....hopefully bungie will do something....hopefully.

Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Remora133

My only gripe with ODST is that it should've have been offered over XBL as DLC. I kinda feel ripped off cuz I already payed for a majority of the multiplayer maps which account for two fifths of game. Its kinda nice to have a new disc to play multiplayer tho...my old one has gotten a lot of use. Also, firefight should have matchmaking.....hopefully bungie will do something....hopefully.

AequusLibra

i do wish the odst had its seperate multiplayer, but if you take your time ( and dont rush throught the singler player. ive never understood that...) you get a lot out of the game.

jimivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 jimivey
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts
People saying others dislike popular games to be different is now more overused then people saying they dislike popular games in the first place. Can't a man have an opinion on a game without being trying to be "different"?
Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Remora133
[QUOTE="PlzDuntBanMe"]People always want to be "different", so they think its cool to hate on popular things.jimivey
People saying others dislike popular games to be different is now more overused then people saying they dislike popular games in the first place. Can't a man have an opinion on a game without being trying to be "different"?

not when its just complaining without any reasonable, legit reasons
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#33 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Halo 3:ODST is not for everyone, I'm guessing it is more of a fan service or for people who are new to the franchise. Personally I enjoyed every single bit of it.

qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
it took you 4 hours on legendary for your brother to help you through the game, what a noob! i did it in 2........j/k
KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 KorruptRaiden
Member since 2008 • 878 Posts

1) You didn't research what you were purchasing before you went out and bought it. Your own damn fault.
2) There is an ODST thread at the top, but I suppose we could discuss your failure here.
3) Stop using the incredibly overused "Fanboy" thing.

If waves of people like a game.. They're fanboys.
Then what are you?
You fall into the exact same category as all the people that posted the EXACT same thread. It doesn't make you unique to bash the game and it's fans. It makes you exactly the same as all the other Anti-Fanboys. Haters.

You call Fanboys exactly the same as eachother. Yet you're the same as any other hater out there.

My ONLY problem with the ODST campaign was that I overhyped myself for the Rookie parts. I expected them to be incredibly compelling. Way more than they actually were. Rookie ended up being the errand boy for me.
Running from point A to point B so I could play an actual mission.

As for Firefight. That's your fault.
They already stated COUNTLESS times.. There is NO matchmaking for Firefight. There never WILL be any matchmaking for Firefight. It's just NOT possible. Now if you're a veteran games developer and are more than capable of handling with advanced software.. Figure out the matchmaking problem yourself and rub it in their face. Or you know.. Figure out it's not possible and bow your head in shame.

If you don't have many friends on XBL.. There are atleast 30 Gamertags that've been made specifically for you. So you can add them and check the friendslist.. Invite people to your games. You'd know this if you'd read the ODST thread at the top.

If you didn't already own the previous Halo 3 maps, ODST is the perfect package for you. Halo 3 Complete MP PLUS a new campaign and a firefight mode (which they'll probably do DLC for.) That's just right for its asking price, wouldn't you agree? Considering the price of Halo 3 itself today and all its maps..

I love how all the ODST haters are so pro.
"I completed the game in like 2 hours on Legendary! I got all the vidmasters in the first day! I'm so 1337 but this game sucks!"

Your tears make me want to play more Firefight.
Don't like your purchase? Return it.

MasterSpaceman

There is nothing wrong with nmsolo07 stating his opinion, it is not exactly what you would expect to be paying full price for. I just find it funny how people like you have to come on and troll his opinion, believing you are the source of all knowledge or something. In my opinion ODST is fairly boring.. the maps for firefight are just recycled from the campaign and boring, the campaign itself was ok, enjoyed going stealth throughout Mombasa streets.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Single player was great, firefight is fun. No reason not to like it, imo.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

EDIT: READ ALL BEFORE YOU FLAME AND IF YOU PLAN ON FLAMING DON'T POST AT ALL Ok. First off before the flame war starts let me make my point. There was so much hype and news flowing out before it released and it seemed very promising. Getting the game the day it came out, I instantly started the story on legendary with my brother, which took me only 4 hours. After being very disappointed with the thrown together story I started firefight, which I didn't know until that point had NO game search feature AT ALL, which makes no sense to me. If someone doesn't have much friends on XBL they are screwed for any type of firefight achievement. I thought it would be like Left for Dead style where you join up in a match, or any other game for that matter. Also, need I point out the complete lack of a multiplayer system? This should have been an add-on DLC for 20$ like Lost and Damned (which had 5x more game time). My main point is, for its price, it is a complete and utter sham for another excuse to make another $100 Million. Hopefully other fans with see my point and won't bash me too much. nmsolo07

No game will please everyone.

But it looks like you needed to keep you expectations in check.

But... if you want to silence the people that don't believe you, the answer is very simple. Just provide your gamertag so they can see that you really played the game. Then they'll have to admit that you're speaking from first hand experience with the game. That out of the way, you can have a conversation less tainted with accusation.

Just a tip.

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#38 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

I have no idea yet but I will buy it anyways since the halo 3 I have isnt mines it is my friends so ill probobly buy this mostly because of the multiplayer disc I think ODST is trying to be too much like GEars of war 2 but then agian it is Halo haha

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

My only gripe with ODST is that it should've have been offered over XBL as DLC...

AequusLibra
Try telling that to the people who don't have XBL or Hard Drives (or limited on HDD space) lol
OneBadLT123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 OneBadLT123
Member since 2005 • 1152 Posts

Man, the OP sure hit a nerve with some of the ODST fanboys here. My goodness, you guys are in full defense mode!

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#41 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
I think ODST has/had amazing potential and was really fun to play, but it was too shortlived. Campaign was great but quick and easy to beat (on heroic). No matchmaking for Firefight and no player vs player period. I wish some of the new ODST weapons would be introduced to Halo 3s online, my favorite series of weapons so far, sniper pistol returns, smg with a scope, etc. Was it worth 60 dollars to me? Yes, mostly because I just got my xbox back from the repair center and found out that I lost my halo 3 disc, so the multiplayer disc that came with ODST was great. I dont think the quick campaign alone could warrant 60 dollars for those of you that kept your halo 3 nice and safe. Unless youre a die hard Halo fan and wouldnt miss any part of its story. I hope Bungie rethinks their statment on how they wont be releasing DLC for ODST. It really could use some to help spruce it up. Give us some better multiplayer options plz.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i like odst
skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#43 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts

i like it too... alot.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Thread creator, most of your complaints were already well known and widely discussed prior to the release of ODST. You are writing this post on a site that publishes previews about games. If you are disappointed, it's mostly your fault for not doing your homework.

Anyway yeah, ODST should've had more content. But hey, that's why I didn't buy it; I borrowed it from a friend and played through it over a weekend.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
it couldnt be knocked out over live, their not going to dish 5gb dlc packs for the game and fire fight alone, when a disc is more suited. plus 4gb of maps for halo3 which u must own as well to play. why do u think its on 2 discs. they aint going to knock out dlc thats going to be to big for most people with 20gb hd's
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
people see the word "halo" and it automatically has to be a AAA (that's 90% or higher average score for people that don't know) game to be credible by gamers, the game is good imo, worth 60? not really, more like a 40 dollar value.
ShadySpecimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ShadySpecimen
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts

omg that video is sooooo funny.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

I liked everything about ODST except for the price. It was not worth $60. More like $40.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
The campaign was good, but not great. But since I never got Halo 3 I absolutely adore the game because of disc 2.
explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 explasiv
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts
[QUOTE="nmsolo07"]EDIT: READ ALL BEFORE YOU FLAME AND IF YOU PLAN ON FLAMING DON'T POST AT ALL Ok. First off before the flame war starts let me make my point. There was so much hype and news flowing out before it released and it seemed very promising. Getting the game the day it came out, I instantly started the story on legendary with my brother, which took me only 4 hours. After being very disappointed with the thrown together story I started firefight, which I didn't know until that point had NO game search feature AT ALL, which makes no sense to me. If someone doesn't have much friends on XBL they are screwed for any type of firefight achievement. I thought it would be like Left for Dead style where you join up in a match, or any other game for that matter. Also, need I point out the complete lack of a multiplayer system? This should have been an add-on DLC for 20$ like Lost and Damned (which had 5x more game time). My main point is, for its price, it is a complete and utter sham for another excuse to make another $100 Million. Hopefully other fans with see my point and won't bash me too much.

i dont agree its a very good game..