Girls Harassed on Live?

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mittsman890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Mittsman890
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

Not to be a skeptic, but it has come to my attention(thank you Vsixer) that girls online have been harassed. Now I'm not trying to get a rise(no pun intended) out of you guys, it's just that other "girls on xbox live" thing is coming to a screeching halt and I would like to have this question answered. Are girls online harassed? If I was a cop, I'd ask you guys to give me substantial evidence of this growing epidemic and monstrosity, but I simply cannot believe what I hear.

According to sources from these forums, girls are harassed and "teamed up on" according to one gamer, because of their gender and like of a penis It comes to my attention though, that I have been on Xbox Live and never seen such blasphemy. How I've seen it go is that if a group of guys find a female online, they want to switch to her team and try to exchange Myspace pictures or be on a friends list of a virtual memory machine.

I'm just wondering about this because I hear from so many others that girls have it hard on Xbox Live and yet I don't see the harassment. I dont' see guys trying to gang upon girls in Gears, and I certaintly don't hear "you watch Oprah" and other immensely stupid obscenities. If I was a girl and was harassed I would complain, but to no avail, there would be no outcome of my screams. There's nothing they seem to be able to do except pretend they are a guy either by lowering their voices(which works at times) or by just not talking.

I've also seen the girls on the offensive at times. It's clear to me that this is not the day and age for this. Girls flirt with boys online and exchange friend requests to humor the younger boys into feeling loved by a girl that really doesn't care anything for them or their 20-30 imaginary girlfriends they've previously imagined.

The writing on the wall is in and I just don't see that much harassment to girls. I see young lads straighten up in their seats, put on their shirts(if they had it off via webcam...thank you chica) and guys basically worship the crumbling ground the female floats on.

To be rational and not cynical let me say girls are great, I have no issues with them and have not encountered them enough times to be poignant and trial and error free. They are just other human beings playing the game, yet I hear from other forums they are abused and if they are, how are they abused, harassed, virtually raped if I may ask so passively?

Let the women and men of the gaming community speak up for what is truth in this Xbox Live universe. What are your experiences with women, girls, grandmothers, etc online and how are they honestly harassed, etc? It's puzzling, but if you trust in your inner cerebelum, you can concur with the lunacy at hand.

tgit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tgit
Member since 2004 • 80 Posts
so mittsman are you a girl or a guy im confused
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
Hmm. I've never experience girls being harrassed on Xbox Live. In fact, if two or more are in a room, I find that they are competing for attention.
blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
You're an idiot. Everyone gets harassed, guys and girls. Learn to mute.
easteast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#5 easteast
Member since 2004 • 6407 Posts
I haven't personally seen it happen, but that's just because I haven't played games on Live much yet.
Avatar image for xRuNnIngShaDoWx
xRuNnIngShaDoWx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xRuNnIngShaDoWx
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

You're an idiot. Everyone gets harassed, guys and girls. Learn to mute.blue_tape

Back, Back I say to the deepest fires of hell youdemon! A barbaric demon who conspires against great literature, and does not seem to understand the human language that is English!

Girls are treated better than guys if anything.

Serge-Chrono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serge-Chrono
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts
I've seen many girls I've played with going on the offensive against other guys. Its goes both ways I guess.
UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts
ive only ever truely talked to 1 girl on xbxo live and it started with me and my m8 simply talking to eachover and than she butted in and said i called her a tramp and screamed at me for half an hour befor i decided to leave the game soooo
synce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 synce
Member since 2004 • 771 Posts
I've played with a few girls online in DOA4, and they get along with the guys just fine. I've only seen one instance of a girl getting harassed and that was when the system just came out. But to be fair, she deserved it because she was acting like a total bimbo.
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts

Hmm. I've never experience girls being harrassed on Xbox Live. In fact, if two or more are in a room, I find that they are competing for attention.fore_runner

I've never seen any girls online but i could believe this. :roll:

goku234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 goku234
Member since 2005 • 567 Posts

I always see that .....

i dont talk with girls im dont have anything against them but i just dont talk that much

Wellfedmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Wellfedmonkey
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts
Girls, kids, immature adults, mature adults all get harrased on a daily bases on XBL. People can talk smack to someone and get away with it cause there isnt anybody to correct them so they keep on doing it. Its becoming its own kind of sickness being an a\hole online. It can get so bad that anybody like that will spread it all over just by being in the same room. I myself have had good games and have had it ruined by this sickness and walk away from my 360 wondering just what and the heck came over me? Ive noticed that I get it here in the forums as well.
btwin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 btwin92
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts

im a girl but i dont have xbox live. im asking for it for my birthday which is in a week or 2. ive been harassed online before. i just think its funny because of how pathetic it is. ive never been on xbox live though.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
I could really care less. No wait. I dont care who I am playing as long as they know what there doing.
btwin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 btwin92
ive been harassed many times on the forums, most of it is just small things and guys who are my friends that are just kidding but ive been harassed on the forums a lot.
btwin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 btwin92

a lot of guys ive encountered worship me because im a girl who plays video games.

SpootyHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SpootyHead
Member since 2005 • 2702 Posts
I'm a dude, and I laugh when girls get harrassed. Not laughing at the girls, but the losers who hit on chicks on XBL. It is gay It is like, dude, go get laid. I used to play with a big group of English people, same people every morning, and one of them was a girl, but it never phased me, because I don't care. I have hit puberty and I have a female best friend. Doesn't bother me one bit, but when a guy messes with a girl it just pisses me off. It is sorta like racism, ya know. Not the same extent, and creepier.
Avatar image for ViscaBarcaInter
ViscaBarcaInter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ViscaBarcaInter
Member since 2007 • 382 Posts

In my experience, females on live get the sort of attention stunningly beautiful women get in clubs. 99% of the time all they are doing is laughing and making sex jokes because most of the guys are practically shouting over each other to talk to them. :D Seriously, the simple fact that women + games= awesome means that most of the time, as long as they display even the merest hint of competence at the game of choice, they will probably have good times.

As with most things in life, there is only a problem when there are too many teenagers. :D:D:D

hellrazor06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hellrazor06
Member since 2006 • 699 Posts
im a girl ive never been harassed on live, the guys i no on live are from my msn so ive nown them for awhile, they find it amazing how good iam at alot of games on there and how i beat hem he he :D, but i have heard alot of F****d up stories about girls on live thou can get some retarted guys on live but most of the time some of the girls bring it on there selvs
SunLord592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SunLord592
Member since 2003 • 2651 Posts

im a girl but i dont have xbox live. im asking for it for my birthday which is in a week or 2. ive been harassed online before. i just think its funny because of how pathetic it is. ive never been on xbox live though.

btwin92

you'll get the odd bunch sometimes, all i can say is really if someone bothers you, just leave the game or mute them. theres plenty of jerks out there you just gotta live with it ;)

SunLord592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SunLord592
Member since 2003 • 2651 Posts

I'm a dude, and I laugh when girls get harrassed. Not laughing at the girls, but the losers who hit on chicks on XBL. It is gay It is like, dude, go get laid. I used to play with a big group of English people, same people every morning, and one of them was a girl, but it never phased me, because I don't care. I have hit puberty and I have a female best friend. Doesn't bother me one bit, but when a guy messes with a girl it just pisses me off. It is sorta like racism, ya know. Not the same extent, and creepier.SpootyHead

i believe the word you are looking for is sexist.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
i have play with girls on xbl, one of theim being my gf, my gf`s friends and some other girl who usually joins our room, some guys are stupid, but not harassment so far
X360Gurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 X360Gurl
Member since 2007 • 513 Posts
I'm a girl and i have had experiances where lads have said things because i beat them, but what am i supposed to do?
haven79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 haven79
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts
its funny because nothing is going to change.
Avatar image for Metallicadam379
Metallicadam379

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Metallicadam379
Member since 2004 • 795 Posts
There was a girl on DOA 4 who totally sucked, knew she totally sucked and demanded that everybody go easy on her. I thought it was lame, and decided to play as I normally would and I beat the hell out of her. She then proceed to yell and cry and b*tch and moan about how I was being unfair because I was using the same move(a generic punch and kick to start a combo) and how I was being unfair because I shouldn't have been countering her moves(or move, I should say, since she was quite hypocritical about the first argument). She then proceed to yell at me to leave the room(since she didn't have the power to boot a player. That is the only girl I've played with on Xbox Live.
X360Gurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 X360Gurl
Member since 2007 • 513 Posts

Well that's just a bad experiance and give girls a bad name. I can understand why sometimes boys get annoyed at girls but honest were not all like that.

There was a girl on DOA 4 who totally sucked, knew she totally sucked and demanded that everybody go easy on her. I thought it was lame, and decided to play as I normally would and I beat the hell out of her. She then proceed to yell and cry and b*tch and moan about how I was being unfair because I was using the same move(a generic punch and kick to start a combo) and how I was being unfair because I shouldn't have been countering her moves(or move, I should say, since she was quite hypocritical about the first argument). She then proceed to yell at me to leave the room(since she didn't have the power to boot a player. That is the only girl I've played with on Xbox Live.Metallicadam379

Blood_0f_Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Blood_0f_Moon
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts

ive been harassed many times on the forums, most of it is just small things and guys who are my friends that are just kidding but ive been harassed on the forums a lot.btwin92

Do you want to play with my Wii? :shock:

therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts
chicks get harrassed anywhere. it's what guys do (most). online its easier cuz you cant get arrested. chat rooms are a terrible place to go now.
personally, on live...i dont care what sort of personi am playing against cuz i just want human opponents. i find it better than bots.
Capone970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Capone970
Member since 2003 • 1352 Posts

They let them play online?!

luvleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 luvleafs
Member since 2004 • 296 Posts
Who the hell cares? If they can't handle criticism (or harassment, or who gives a sh1t?) then they shouldn't be playing on Live anyway. We don't need touchy-feely forum tards to step up for them. There is more to life than Xbox Live; realize that.killercuts3
Fianlly not a dumba$$ in this whole fourm "if you cant stay online get off the system"
luvleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 luvleafs
Who the hell cares? If they can't handle criticism (or harassment, or who gives a sh1t?) then they shouldn't be playing on Live anyway. We don't need touchy-feely forum tards to step up for them. There is more to life than Xbox Live; realize that.killercuts3
Fianlly not a dumba$$ in this whole fourm "if you cant stay online get off the system"
luvleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 luvleafs
Gunner43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gunner43
Member since 2006 • 195 Posts
Yah dude. My wife plays online a lot and she's always getting harrassed. It's sad, and she's better than most, especially at Halo, she dominates. Most guys are just immature little pricks.
Daz11811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Daz11811
Member since 2005 • 130 Posts
one time i heard a girl on live and i came in my pants
odst_derek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 odst_derek
Member since 2005 • 131 Posts

I've never heard of harassment like this but it dowsn't surprise me. Most guys arejerks. Bottom Line.

I'll keep an eye out for it, let me know if I can help.

By the way, in the original post it should be inner cerebrum. The cerebellum is used primarily for motor control.

kslay88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kslay88
Member since 2005 • 307 Posts

well half of them showboat that a girl is winning obviously they are gonna get it back like "Why are you playing on xbox live."

"You make male gamers look cool"

They don't need any special treatment, they need to be able to take it or keep their mic off.

Destroyer417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 Destroyer417
Member since 2005 • 205 Posts
Ive come across alot of girls on xbox live and they arent harrassed. Guys treat them fine. 
dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts
^nice triple post.
stormtrooper32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 stormtrooper32
Member since 2004 • 2221 Posts
I've seen a few girls on halo 2 that had a posse of 13 yearolds guarding her ass and worshipping her. When I killed her they got all pissed off at me saying that you aren't supposed to kill her...just let her kill you because she's a girl.
Avatar image for nooneimportants
nooneimportants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nooneimportants
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
On FarCry there was a guy with a rocket launcher and he said "crouch down and suck my **** or ill kill you" and she did but she still got killed! What a f**king liberty!:evil:
Rick_Moni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Rick_Moni
Member since 2005 • 263 Posts
I have played with some girls gears fo war, and everyone seemed to be cool with them, I didn't talk to much unless i had to say something like "watch your right or left" or "there is one in the tower", stuff like that, I think there are always going to be stupid people who talk trash, but not only to girls, but everyone who has the unfortune to play with or against them.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

Girls, kids, immature adults, mature adults all get harrased on a daily bases on XBL. People can talk smack to someone and get away with it cause there isnt anybody to correct them so they keep on doing it. Its becoming its own kind of sickness being an a\hole online. It can get so bad that anybody like that will spread it all over just by being in the same room. I myself have had good games and have had it ruined by this sickness and walk away from my 360 wondering just what and the heck came over me? Ive noticed that I get it here in the forums as well. Wellfedmonkey

exactly

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
who reallly gives a **** whether theyre hurassed or not, theres the mute functionality and u must be seriously a little gay if u took the time to type all that
salamancecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 salamancecool
Member since 2004 • 963 Posts
I used to play Guild wars with loads of girls and I, nor anyone else harassed them. And I have seen a few girls on XBL but I never heard them getting flamed.
JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JuanaSmoke
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts
i harass everyone the same..some are easier then others leave it at that.
Avatar image for xRuNnIngShaDoWx
xRuNnIngShaDoWx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xRuNnIngShaDoWx
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

who reallly gives a **** whether theyre hurassed or not, theres the mute functionality and u must be seriously a little gay if u took the time to type all thatGEARSofWAR360

Wow........................... I believe you are the second tard to say this. I hate morons who cant read.

*sighs*

Mittsman890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mittsman890
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

who reallly gives a **** whether theyre hurassed or not, theres the mute functionality and u must be seriously a little gay if u took the time to type all thatGEARSofWAR360

You know what GEARSofWAR360 I have to say I'm a little impressed with you. Your post almost put me to sleep. Anyways, your comment goes unappreciated and unwanted in this day where we actually are trying to read about things and discuss things. Rather, if I feel the need to sleep better at night, I'll let you know.

By the way, if you knew how to spell harassed I would have given some thought and a little more time to your "arguement," if sounding iike a 10 year-old dyslexic primate is even considered an arguement. After this lecture Igive you, maybe you can cut off that flap of skin still protruding around your penis If you have one, I apologize.

If you were on crack when you wrote that comment that pretty much sounded like a naked camelbeing euthanized when running through my mind then just admit it and maybe the members of Gamespot will forgive you.

Lucky you I'm a forgiving person and have a very attractive girlfriend who lustfully plays Mr. Moustache with me.(don't ask...your penis might not be able to bear the thought)

Anyways if you have any more one-tenthed thought out comments to make, please go right ahead. We here at Gamespot appreciate if you're just trying to be found in the world. It's not bad that you're trying to find yourself in the world, it's really not. Gamespot totally understands and accepts those that are social outcasts in the real world. Really, people here can help you if you feel lost at sea.

But if you're really not on drugs or a preteen trying to sound mature and sophisticated, then sir you've got a tough walk up the West Nile ahead of you. Go OD on those drugs and stop putting me to sleep.(sorry I just read your post again)

Once again I bid you adieu sir and may God have mercy on your soul, for it seems he really missed with that hammer.