Dual Wielding in MW2....why???????

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deadly_shuriken
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deadly_shuriken
Member since 2009 • 1086 Posts

I dont get it....this game is supposed to be realistic....

Why the dual wielding??? I know Halo has that and I enjoy that feature, but keep that for Halo since no one said Halo is close to being realistic....

But for a Call of Duty game? I dont get it....when do you ever see soldiers running around shooting 2 guns at the same time?

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts
[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]

Why the dual wielding??? I know Halo has that and I enjoy that feature, but keep that for Halo since no one said Halo is close to being realistic....

But for a Call of Duty game? I dont get it....when do you ever see soldiers running around shooting 2 guns at the same time?

Agreed, I read about this in FourZeroTwo's Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo). I'm not a huge fan of this. It seems like it's going to be dumb. Hopefully it'll be just as inaccurate as it would be in real life.
lbhocky19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lbhocky19
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

agree

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CNUrGames
Additionally, you shouldn't be able to throw grenades either regular or special while you're doing it or use your knife.
Avatar image for Words-of-Sorrow
Words-of-Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Words-of-Sorrow
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

MW isn't the most realistic game out there, it just goes for the realistic look. (graphics-wise)

But I agree, it's completely ridiculous, and steps further in to the realms of Halo-ishness.

Avatar image for deadly_shuriken
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deadly_shuriken
Member since 2009 • 1086 Posts
[QUOTE="Words-of-Sorrow"]

MW isn't the most realistic game out there, it just goes for the realistic look. (graphics-wise)

But I agree, it's completely ridiculous, and steps further in to the realms of Halo-ishness.

Realistic in the sense of using actual guns and realisitic locations in game.... If they are going for the army real life portrayal, why add duel wielding??? And also, I dont think it will be too inaccurate or else they wouldnt have added that feature, Im sure it has its pros....but again in real life, i dont see any pros in duel wielding other than going on a suicide mission and shooting randomly everywhere
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

MW never was realistic.. how exactly can you die and while dead pull the pin on a grenade and drop it?

rattleheadxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rattleheadxyz
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

If the dual-wielding turns out to be more fun than traditional wielding then I welcome the change.

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CNUrGames

If the dual-wielding turns out to be more fun than traditional wielding then I welcome the change.

rattleheadxyz
If there isn't some downside to it like no grenades or knives or hurting accuracy, then it'd be stupid and I'd have mean nasty words for Infinity Ward that they would promptly ignore. It's just dumb and unneccessary
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

[QUOTE="Words-of-Sorrow"]

deadly_shuriken

Realistic in the sense of using actual guns and realisitic locations in game.... If they are going for the army real life portrayal, why add duel wielding??? And also, I dont think it will be too inaccurate or else they wouldnt have added that feature, Im sure it has its pros....but again in real life, i dont see any pros in duel wielding other than going on a suicide mission and shooting randomly everywhere

Oh come on..It's just a video game, some people act like their lives are in danger over a game. Infinity Ward is'nt forcing soldiers out in Iraq to duel-wield lol.

To be honest it just makes the game even more realistic, because you can do it in real life can't you ? also I'm sure it won't be as accurate as firing with one weapon so calm down guys lol.:P

Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
YOU die QUICK ENOUGH witohght the duel wielding WHY IS IT NEEDED?
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"][QUOTE="Words-of-Sorrow"]

so you just went against yourself... You said it is realistic in the guns it uses and locations. Then it doesn't have to be realistic in the gameplay which would be dual wielding. Plus dual wielding has happened so it isn't really unrealistic even though i doubt you will see the US army or other major groups like the SAS doing it (honestly don't doubt the Spetznas would), but that doesn't mean it hasn't. And Darkslayer it is technically possible to "pull the pin" when dead. I put "pull the pin" in quotations like that because you could set off a grenade if the activator was something other then a pin. Think like a grenade set to your heartbeat (don't know if you heart stops beating right after dieing, but i'm guessing it does). So when you die and your heart beat stops it could set off a grenade. Now i doubt many countries would waste the money on that (probably ending killing half the quad anyway if they did have it), but it possibly could be done. Plus getting shot twice in the leg would probably not instantly killing you which may or may not give you the time to pull the pin (just saying hardcore mode you go down with a few bullets in the knee sometimes). But yeah MW isn't actually basing itself on realism. It is basing itself off realism as much as CoD1 did which was by having places that could or do exist and then recreating them in-game to be the virtual version of a realistic place). But thats like saying Crysis is realistic because Islands can look like that.... just don't think about the nanosuit or the aliens.
hotplayer220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 hotplayer220
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

I agree its pretty stupid. IW may have just givin into the Dark Side of the Force right there (they have cookies). As much as I think its stupid, I think maybe if was implemented as a tenacity system for say team play maybe it could work.

For instance:

In a 5v5 game: 3 players of Team X have been eliminated, none of Team Y players have been eliminated. The 2 remaining players on Team X will enter a tenacity sort of perk mode where they can CHOOSE to dual weild in order to increase there fire power. Doing so will decrease accuracy as weapons could only be fired from the hip.

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CNUrGames
Well as it's announced so far it's just pistols that you can dual wield, including the Deagle. Not sure that it will apply to other guns, I would hope that it wouldn't
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

Well I'm guessing that when you're dual-wielding, you're forced to hip-fire which means it probably wont be very accurate.

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

MW never was realistic.. how exactly can you die and while dead pull the pin on a grenade and drop it?

Darkslayer16

It's called dead man's grip.

Adding dual wielding in MW2 though is a bad move. COD4 traded on its 'realistic' approach rather than over the top shenanigans so this is a step in the wrong direction. No combat professional dual wields firearms in real life anymore.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

DranzarTypeF

Oh come on..It's just a video game, some people act like their lives are in danger over a game. Infinity Ward is'nt forcing soldiers out in Iraq to duel-wield lol.

To be honest it just makes the game even more realistic, because you can do it in real life can't you ? also I'm sure it won't be as accurate as firing with one weapon so calm down guys lol.:P

:lol: that made me laugh. And I completely agree with that last part.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#18 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I don't care for duel wielding. I just won't use the feature. simple enough.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Hey it may just be a perk, like if it replaces stopping power then sure, go for it.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

They added dual-wielding. Big deal. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
Halo is "outdated", now CoD is "borrowing" some of those "outdated elements". Today is full of Irony.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Everybody chill, IGN just confirmed that you can't look down your sights, and it may be a perk on top of that. Its going to be balanced.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#23 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Halo is "outdated", now CoD is "borrowing" some of those "outdated elements". Today is full of Irony.Mau-Justice
Kinda like it barrowed recharging health from Halo as well.
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

Halo is "outdated", now CoD is "borrowing" some of those "outdated elements". Today is full of Irony.Mau-Justice

Who said Halo is outdated?

Do you enjoy making up arguments?

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

yeh becaus elord knows you cant dual weild in real life...:roll: [QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

deadly_shuriken

you know, some ppl in this room are making it out like it will completely break the game play mechanics srly? and why are ppl comparing this to halo and not something more modern like counter strike?

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

LOL @ everybody who considers COD "realistic"

I love the game, but it's definately an arcade shooter instead of a sim.

In the past Tom Clancy games like "Rainbow 6" have been pretty good as far as realism go, but COD was never meant to be a war sim. COD is an arcade shooter always has been probably always will be.

If duel weilding makes MW2 more fun all to it. Personally I can't imagine it making the game better, but maybe I'm going to trust the designers on this one.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
dual wielding? its not like its not impossible in real life, so its a realistic thing, i don't c a problem at all, so i welcome it :D
crazboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 crazboy84
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts

so its beliveable to be able to take 3 or 4 bullets, hide for 5 seconds and be ok but when someone ads another gun in another hand that throws it into the unbeliveable?

stop with the crying over really stupid thingschildren.

Electr1c-Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Electr1c-Shot
Member since 2007 • 345 Posts
[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]

MW2 doesnt go for complete Realism it goes for Fun. And you can't use Iron Sights and the recoil is supposed to be pretty high. Prolly cant use knife either (but thats just a guess.)
quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

As long as it's not like Goldeneye where you can dual-wield shotguns or rocket launchers, then it doesn't really matter to me.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"] yeh becaus elord knows you cant dual weild in real life...:roll: [QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"] Realistic in the sense of using actual guns and realisitic locations in game.... If they are going for the army real life portrayal, why add duel wielding??? And also, I dont think it will be too inaccurate or else they wouldnt have added that feature, Im sure it has its pros....but again in real life, i dont see any pros in duel wielding other than going on a suicide mission and shooting randomly everywherelil_d_mack_314

you know, some ppl in this room are making it out like it will completely break the game play mechanics srly? and why are ppl comparing this to halo and not something more modern like counter strike?

Exactly...it does nothing to harm the game, you can do it in real life as well, so how is it not "realistic" ?

simple suggestion people, DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T USE IT, NOBODIES PUTTING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD.:P

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

dual wielding? its not like its not impossible in real life, so its a realistic thing, i don't c a problem at all, so i welcome it :DLightColor

It's not impossible but so inaccurate and uncontrollable that nobody would do it in real life. Especially when they're talking about dual wielding Desert Eagles - go watch some videos on youtube of the recoil on a DE even when people are gripping with both hands

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CNUrGames
But I don't care about realism... I'm worried about gameplay. I guess people will figure out how to glitch and grief with any gun so I shouldn't worry about the potential to this either. If they nerf it enough with no grenades, terrible recoil, no sights, and it takes a perk spot, not bad. The Deagle is just too strong and fires too fast if you try to be fair if it's dual wielded. I'm worried about the game being fun, not about "realism"
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#34 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts

who says you can't dual wield in real life? it's just... horribly inaccurate and risky in a real life situation. and in COD, whoever gets the first shot most likely wins anyways so I don't find this too annoying.

then again this is a game... but the last time it was fun to dual-wield anything was the last time i payed double credits on a light-gun game.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
well it they're talkin about dual wielding deserts, but not other guns! lol can't believe sum ppl actually think this would b a problem for the game lol
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DranzarTypeF

But I don't care about realism... I'm worried about gameplay. I guess people will figure out how to glitch and grief with any gun so I shouldn't worry about the potential to this either. If they nerf it enough with no grenades, terrible recoil, no sights, and it takes a perk spot, not bad. The Deagle is just too strong and fires too fast if you try to be fair if it's dual wielded. I'm worried about the game being fun, not about "realism"CNUrGames
The game is said to have realistic recoil this time around, so chances are if the game allows you to dual wield a deagle there's gonna be some serious recoil, because recoil and desert eagles go hand and in hand lol, then you throw in the fact that you can use two at the same time ? that's gonna be a b**** to use with horrible accuracy, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Plus you don't have to dual wield, you can choose to use your one pistol and die in a two on one situation if you like lol.:P

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

dual weilding pistols in COD is not a problem.

dual wielding machine guns like Rambo and Arnold would be. until then... its no biggie

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

[QUOTE="CNUrGames"]But I don't care about realism... I'm worried about gameplay. I guess people will figure out how to glitch and grief with any gun so I shouldn't worry about the potential to this either. If they nerf it enough with no grenades, terrible recoil, no sights, and it takes a perk spot, not bad. The Deagle is just too strong and fires too fast if you try to be fair if it's dual wielded. I'm worried about the game being fun, not about "realism"DranzarTypeF

The game is said to have realistic recoil this time around, so chances are if the game allows you to dual wield a deagle there's gonna be some serious recoil, because recoil and desert eagles go hand and in hand lol, then you throw in the fact that you can use two at the same time ? that's gonna be a b**** to use with horrible accuracy, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Plus you don't have to dual wield, you can choose to use your one pistol and die in a two on one situation if you like lol.:P

are you saying they have a separate targeting system for each gun :P. in any case like Dran said if there is more realistic recoil then using a deagal is the last thing i would DW as for 2 45 cal, 2 9mm pistols, or smgs im all for it :D. as for it being a perk, sure id be down for that. lmao did some one say "DW rocket launchers :P". And to add one more thing since when can you get shot in the chest with a sniper riffle (a white cross pops up, then fall into last stand to kill the sniper who shot you 1st) if i got shot in the chest with an SR 1 i would be dead or 2 i wouldnt be thinking about trying to pull my side arm and look for the guy who shot me from across the map.
bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts

What they should be doing is not make it a perk (if it isn't already) and should only make this available if you find a gun on the battlefield. IW should not make this as a starting set up.

_Doomsayer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 _Doomsayer_
Member since 2008 • 18616 Posts
Call of Duty 4 was hardly realistic. It was one of the most arcadey shooters I've played in a while.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#41 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
they will still be dual weapons aming at the exact same place like double tap
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

This could be a cool feature but it depends on what you are dual wielding. If it is a gun such as an uzi or a lower powered handgun then that is fine. If we start seeing people dual wielding shotguns and the FAMAS or P90 then we would have an issue.

explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 explasiv
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

well i like holding 2 guns so iam happy with it..

mykeb26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mykeb26
Member since 2009 • 161 Posts

deadly_shuriken

dual wielding uzis or scorpions or pistols is unrealistic? i can see if they allow it for ARs that would just be borderline retarded

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts

402 has confirmed it is only for sideasrms but he also said said arms has been increased so isn't just handguns and btw here is a video of a soldier dual wielding

Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
Well as it's announced so far it's just pistols that you can dual wield, including the Deagle. Not sure that it will apply to other guns, I would hope that it wouldn'tCNUrGames
I could see dual wielding a Beretta M9 or other similar pistol but anyone who tries to dual wield Desert Eagles is an idiot. Maybe they can add in a drawback for firing too fast with them... broken wrists maybe.
rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

A soldier has TWO hands.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

I'm not too fond of it, either -- but I trust Infinity Ward to balance it properly. Plus, it'll likely be a perk ... so you're probably sacrificing something better to use it.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DranzarTypeF

This is Infinity Ward we're talking about here, their the Godfathers of shooting games on next gen consoles lol, I trust their judgement. Think about it guys... Dual Wielding a freakin Desert Eagle is no easy task lol, the game has a new recoil system, so chances are a firing a deagle in both hands is gonna snap your wrist back causing you to lose a significant amount of damage or at least disable your hands for a bit in-game, also usually a soldiers accuracy would decrease by a large margin while dual wielding,so I trust that the game will still be balanced and you'll probably have to sacrifice another useful perk for it.;)

Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts

This is Infinity Ward we're talking about here, their the Godfathers of shooting games on next gen consoles lol, I trust their judgement. Think about it guys Dual Wielding a freakin Desert Eagle is no easy task lol, the game has a new recoil system, so chances are a firing a deagle in both hands is gonna snap your wrist, so I know dual wielding won't be this overpowered perk, and you'll probably have to sacrifice something else for it.;)

DranzarTypeF
Well the wrist snapping is a real life consequence so it would be a good thing to include it in the game. (unless they add a perk calle Bionic Wrists).